OBAFEMI THE TRAITOR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

How times have changed!

When dem Idiagbon been dey for Naija government, Omeruah and Ikhazoboh for don suspend this bobo and hold him FA license to play. FIFA rules, if applied, should also force him to sit idle for the duration of ANC. National call is equivalent to drafting the military reserves to service, it is not subject to this kind of double-talk negotiation. You are called to camp and that's it. Ask dem Edobor, Keshi and co., wetin they get for coming late to camp - not even refusing the call!
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

It is a bit harder for the African players to make their mark in Italian football and the boy has an important decision to make.

I am upset for Martins not going to Tunisia but I respect his decision and good luck for the future.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Guys, before we lose our heads, let us take a step back.

Martins is a young man whose career is being handled by some very good advisors. Yes! Are, should we say, unwise to advise the guy from going to the ANC. However, we must note their are other factors involved in this decision than Martins saying yes or no.

There are factors like:

a) Martins having to deal with pressure from his club who are a big outfit and can make things difficult for him especially when you consider the options they have available in strikers.

b) Martins is a young man and much too inexperienced to deal with the country club player conflict. I mean he is relying on others to speak for him. Note. This includes family. Why blame a young man? Tell me, did you have to handle such pressure at his age?

c) Martins is not picking when he wants to play, he is only saying when his advisors have told him to play.

d) All those in the know will not need telling the bad blood which still runs since the ANC at Mali. Sadly, we have Martins caught in a bitter cross fire.

* Martins will not play under this current NFA regime, for starters, I do not think he feels comfortable with this current outfit and their hap-hazard ways of doing things. There is also the Mali issue to deal with, and this has nothing to do with Martins. Until this matter is resolved, there will be problems. I really hope a senior spokesperson can this palyers together to resolve their differences.

e) If the NFA needs Marins and want him in the ANC because the sponsors and the money men demand his presence because the fans want to see him, we will get him, all the NFA has to do is enforce their right to have him. Even Inter cannot stop that. For me the final say on this matter rest with the NFA. I know they can enforce Martins release, the rules are clear, there is only one winner if our NFA fight according to the rules.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Upbendel
Egg
Egg

Post by Upbendel »

Shakara oloye................He should be fighting for U23 starting shirt right now instead of this hype.
dagooner
Egg
Egg

Post by dagooner »

ALL this clamour for the guy ONLY goes to show how backwards our selection process has gone :shock: I can remember the days when PLAYERS were begging to be called to the Egus camp, when there were more than 3 ballers FIGHTING for one position, KAI!!!!!! How the mighty has fallen:cry .

See the boy wey suppose still dey tap set for the backstreets of Okota/oshodi/Ojota/CMS or even Gbagada on environmental sanotaion saturdays dey shakara Naija and we for this forum sef dey aid and abet am :x .

Abeg make im carry go if im no wan play for Naija. Some pipu say na Churchill abi na Sunday dey tell am wetin to do, dem hol' knife/gun to im head?

'Am sure say if no be how e be, na U-17 camp im for still dey beg to enter sef ...... TUFIAKWA.

Left the boy alone, if im say im no wan play for us. Let's CONCENTRA8 we eenergy on those who ready sweat blood for the Fadalan'
TRUTH is NOT Known by Its Popularity!!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

dagooner wrote:ALL this clamour for the guy ONLY goes to show how backwards our selection process has gone :shock: I can remember the days when PLAYERS were begging to be called to the Egus camp, when there were more than 3 ballers FIGHTING for one position, KAI!!!!!! How the mighty has fallen:cry .
Nna, I bin think say na only me-O! We dey beg a striker to play for Naija... Striker!

If say na goalie I for understand or even if bobo na backman I would understand...

But Striker!

Chei! Country don spoil...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

I still cant believe any player in his right thinking mind and age 19 will turn down a chance to play for the Super Eagles in a major tournament. Is he out of his mind?

If he doesn't come now, then he should forget about playing for us in future and start playing for Italy.

" I am not yet ready for the eagles" the boy is so full of himself. Who even nominated the dude for African footballer of the year?
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
PMZOkocha
Egg
Egg

Post by PMZOkocha »

monkeypost, Well Wayne Rooney is not a Nigerian and England is definately not Nigeria so you cannot compare the two. What has been the history with Nigeria and the way she treats it's patriotic sons? If history has taught anyone anything, it should be that any player that does not really have a secure place and future at his club should work on securing that before you risk everything you have been working for. Are we or getting what happened to the likes of Nduka Ugbade or Amunike that have fought endlessly to get their medical bills payed for when they got hurt playing for our beloved country? Also, the likes of Okocha can afford to come play for Nigeria because their clubs cannot afford to go a day without their services. Therefore, their place on the team is SECURED! Lets let the young lad learn until he feels he is ready to make a valid contribution to the super eagles. If he comes down and not able to perform under the presure of the nations cup, we would all label him as an outcast. Personally i would like to see him partner Agahowa upfront but it will be a better partnership if he is ready, comfortable and secure due the the fact that we all know what it's like to play for Nigeria.
PMZOkocha
Egg
Egg

Post by PMZOkocha »

You are all upset because you love the kid. Martins is making what he thinks is the best decision for him...let the boy be. He does have the "choice."
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

The NFA should make sure he doesn't play for Inter for the whole duratiion of the Nations Cup, Period!
PMZOkocha
Egg
Egg

Post by PMZOkocha »

If he declines the invitation, the NFA cannot stop him from playing for Inter. Even if they could, what good are you doing? Stop hating on the fella.
golden boy
Egg
Egg

Post by golden boy »

The fact is that the NFA can demand his presence and the only way Martins can decline the call up is by retiring from international football. However the NFA should just let him be until he is ready but if he does not play in any of these competitions and qualifiers he must not be called up for 2006.

I can understand the boy's dilehma, he has not really made any big money yet as he is still on a youth contract but he can smell the money as he and everyone else knows that he is on the verge of making it very big. If anyone of us here were on the verge of winning a multi million dollar contract and your paymaster was telling you what not to do, what would you do? Would you tempt fate and say no to the paymaster who could make you a millionaire with the stroke of a pen to go and play for a country who would abandon you at the drop of a hat without a penny if you were to get injured playing for them?

I can feel Martins pain but my only concern is if he goes for the money, which I won't blame him, he must not then come and pick an automatic shirt for the WC in 2006. There should be no monkey work baboon chop scenario here.
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Make una leave this guy alone now.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]furiously frank[/color] wrote:IAG: You really need to be careful with the way you drop people's name. I don't know where you got the fact to back up your assertion that Churchill Oliseh is reponsible for Martin not answering a national call up. You talked as if Martin is a little boy that has to be told how to wear diapers....I beg you stop disparaging and defaming people's character....what is more you are one of the respected administrators on this website and you sure know the rule...that is one area you should'nt touch...particularly you..
I hear you, however if you read my post again, I didn't categorically accuse Churchill, rather, I made a speculative observation hence the need to paraphrase my words with "I believe". However you point is well taken.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Tempora101[/color] wrote:I beg the young man has his future to contend with. Inter is the quickest route to the top for him. If he doesn't feel excited about playing for Nigeria yet, let him be.

Lets be honest we all know Nigeria will forget him in a hurry, if he sustains a serious at Faro before the ANC proper,
That is so untrue. Okwaraji died playing for Nigeria. Till tomorrow, he is forever remembered for his unselfish and prideful way of representing the country. That was one guy that would do whatever it takes to wear the GWG and Nigeria is eternally greatful for that. Talk of other great Ex internationals that are still with us today, and you will never hear anyone rubbish them, apart from when they take up positions of responsibilities that are beyond their capabilities, but I digress :wink: :) .
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If ObaGoal feels he is not ready for the SE, how come he has bothered to honor any of the youth invitations extended to him instead?

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

i think its quite simple, martins has put personal gain before National interest. i don't blame him sha, i would do the same. na patriotism i go chop? :mrgreen:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]DIMKA76[/color] wrote:i think its quite simple, martins has put personal gain before National interest. i don't blame him sha, i would do the same. na patriotism i go chop? :mrgreen:
Na so? Watin you dey do here den? If you no love Nigeria, we no love you either :evil: therefore step this way :arrow:

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Its a Goal wrote:If ObaGoal feels he is not ready for the SE, how come he has bothered to honor any of the youth invitations extended to him instead?
Yes IAG thats a good question. its pretty obvious unseen forces are at work.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

If he is not ready for the SE, he should join the u-23 this weekend in Dakar for the qualifiers, silly boy.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

PMZOkocha wrote:monkeypost, Well Wayne Rooney is not a Nigerian and England is definately not Nigeria so you cannot compare the two. What has been the history with Nigeria and the way she treats it's patriotic sons? If history has taught anyone anything, it should be that any player that does not really have a secure place and future at his club should work on securing that before you risk everything you have been working for. Are we or getting what happened to the likes of Nduka Ugbade or Amunike that have fought endlessly to get their medical bills payed for when they got hurt playing for our beloved country? Also, the likes of Okocha can afford to come play for Nigeria because their clubs cannot afford to go a day without their services. Therefore, their place on the team is SECURED! Lets let the young lad learn until he feels he is ready to make a valid contribution to the super eagles. If he comes down and not able to perform under the presure of the nations cup, we would all label him as an outcast. Personally i would like to see him partner Agahowa upfront but it will be a better partnership if he is ready, comfortable and secure due the the fact that we all know what it's like to play for Nigeria.

Okocha your points are excellent.

I will be dissappointed if Martins doesnt make to Tunisia, but if his reasons are his worries about his club place and his lack of confidence in our present NFA then I dont blame him. In this world you need to look our for the interests of your family and yourself first. And judging by the way the NFA handles ex and present players then I dont blame Martins. I mean if he loses his chance no one will be there for him except himself. Consequently, I dont blame him for looking out for himself. The only problem for him is that if things dont go well and he comes back looking for help from the FA then he will be barking up the wrong tree....
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Wonder what all the excuses are for.....as a few guys said earlier, Eagus don finish...haba! A whole us begging Martins...for what? Much ado about nothing if you ask me. He's never played in a green shirt, we don't know if he'll do the biz.
If we're all begging JAG, then I can understand.

Let him stay at Inter, make dem dey lie to am...how many like him have we seen come and go? He'll come begging, no worries....he'll be rolling on his scrotals, begging for next ANC and WC when him don finish...Just dey look.

Q
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

I don't think anyone is begging Obagol to play! I think we are showing our disgust at his reluctance to play for his Motherland! I also feel disgusted at those who feel it is his prerogative and should be left alone! It is also a man's prerogative to commit murder and rape. However, there are repercussions and Obagol should face those recussions!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)