Iheanaho highlights Man City and Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Iheanaho highlights Man City and Nigeria

Post by Robotnik »

This guy in on to something..

[/video]
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: Iheanaho highlights Man City and Nigeria

Post by Rawlings »

Nothing special

BTW, where is Chrisantus MaCauley?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

Maybe swallowed up by the same Bermuda triangle that sucked in this entire team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana_nati ... tball_team
Rawlings wrote:Nothing special

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The amount of power he is able to generate with little to no backlift is incredible. We have a massive talent on our hands.
#thefutureisbright
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Iheanacho's reputation is suffering from the tendency of nigerians to overhype players.
That's why some football dummies think he could be another talent that is not able to fulfill the high expectations.
But this boy is an exeption - he is a genuis in the making - a player who can influence a whole generation.
I'm not even exxagerating - only the sky will be the limit for this player.
Though I have my worries due to the club he plays for - financially Man City is on the highest level, when it comes to quality on the pitch Man City has not reached the highest level in Europe.
I fear that because of Man City's financial power Iheanacho would have to remain at a club that he might have outgrown in a few years.

The 'scary' thing about Iheanacho is that, at his young age, he has no obvious weaknesses.
There are certain things he can still improve on but he basically has it all - he can shoot, ball control is almost perfect, football IQ, passing, pace, physique etc.
He "reminds" me of the player we wanted Mikel to be.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

DAgrin wrote:Iheanacho's reputation is suffering from the tendency of nigerians to overhype players.
That's why some football dummies think he could be another talent that is not able to fulfill the high expectations.
But this boy is an exeption - he is a genuis in the making - a player who can influence a whole generation.
Though I have my worries due to the club he plays for - financially Man City is on the highest level, when it comes to quality on the pitch Man City has not reached the highest level in Europe.
I fear that because of Man City's financial power Iheanacho would have to remain at a club that he might have outgrown in a few years.

The 'scary' thing about Iheanacho is that, at his young age, he has no obvious weaknesses.
There are certain things he can still improve on but he basically has it all - he can shoot, ball control is almost perfect, football IQ, passing, pace, physique etc.
hopefully within a year - we will have more players from flying squad playing in so called A class european teams -
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

My fear for him is that Nigeria may try to turn him into a so called "playmaker".
OCCUPY NFF!!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

DAgrin wrote:Iheanacho's reputation is suffering from the tendency of nigerians to overhype players.

Agree on most of what you said, however Mikel was never going to be that sort of player, and only the fantasizers, that hadn't seen him play live, but only got introduced to him at the u20 felt that way. Like I said back then, first time I saw Mikel play, he played as a central midfielder and the attacking midfielder was Promise. What I remember many say was how Mikel just coordinated the whole team from his position and everything passed through him. The role Yaya plays for Man City was the role he played then, but Chelsea did a number on him and that's the end of story.
For Kelechi, he finishes like a top 9 but has the guile, skill set and passing range of a top 10 attacking midfielder. I am not surprised Manu said he could replace Lampard, he could play any role in the top 4 positions comfortably...he's that good.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:My fear for him is that Nigeria may try to turn him into a so called "playmaker".
and what is wrong in that - A scoring playmaker is added bonus-
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

okidoki wrote:

Agree on most of what you said, however Mikel was never going to be that sort of player, and only the fantasizers, that hadn't seen him play live, but only got introduced to him at the u20 felt that way. Like I said back then, first time I saw Mikel play, he played as a central midfielder and the attacking midfielder was Promise. What I remember many say was how Mikel just coordinated the whole team from his position and everything passed through him. The role Yaya plays for Man City was the role he played then, but Chelsea did a number on him and that's the end of story.
For Kelechi, he finishes like a top 9 but has the guile, skill set and passing range of a top 10 attacking midfielder. I am not surprised Manu said he could replace Lampard, he could play any role in the top 4 positions comfortably...he's that good.
You are spot on - Iheanacho is very versatile as he has strengthes in many departments, he is indeed a deadly finisher and has playmaking skills all in one.
However when I said "reminds me of" I tried to describe an ideal, an illusion or call it hype that was always out of reach.
After Okocha ended his career Nigerians were and are still longing for a playmaker that can take his place.
As a consequence a lot of players who were actually not suitable were hyped into that position - that goes especially for Mikel Obi who is despite Mourinho's influence a brilliant player of his own fasion.

Naija 4 life!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

City are investing in facilities that surpasses anything in Europe, they'll eventually start dominating Europe as well. It's just a matter of time. Iheanacho needs to stay where he is and he'll rise up the ranks in no time.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

The future looks bright. The talent is obvious....now comes the other part....the hardwork and attitude. I know nothing about this player personally, but I hope he is an exemplary professional loving teammate and a do the right thing attitude type of guy.

Sky is the effing limit.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

That video just reminded me just how deadly the combo of Success and Iheanacho was! One was scoring, the other was assisting on virtually all their goals. Unplayable duo!! :thumbs:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bushboy wrote:That video just reminded me just how deadly the combo of Success and Iheanacho was! One was scoring, the other was assisting on virtually all their goals. Unplayable duo!! :thumbs:
...was that against 16-year-olds? :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Iheanacho was developed by Nigerian youth coaches.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I agree with you 100% my broda.....in fact, I rate Yeboah much higHer. I am keen to witness his
Progression into the man city firs team.....I hope he doesn't let me down.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:

I agree with you 100% my broda.....in fact, I rate Yeboah much higHer. I am keen to witness his

If you are serious, what would let you down? His failure to progress as you seem to be forecasting?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

metalalloy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

If you are serious, what would let you down? His failure to progress as you seem to be forecasting?
I am talking about Yeboah not Iheanacho. Sarcasm for our Ghanaian friend.
Who will be next?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

bushboy wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

see how slow your brothers are ?
Next time type slowly :laugh:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree the boy is supremely talented and is an excellent technical player. I remember watching Kanu at the U17 level and JJ Okocha as an U20 player, and Iheanacho's current technical abilities exceeds that of both of them when they were youth team players. I'm just being picky, but his only marginal weakness is he does not have the kind of blinding pace I like to see in star attacking players. That's one area I rate Success and Simon ahead of him, but he is by no means slow.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Rawlings wrote:
bushboy wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
bushboy wrote:

see how slow your brothers are ?
Next time type slowly :laugh:
:taunt: :taunt: Which is why i said "not sur...." ahh never mind..

DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

olu wrote:I agree the boy is supremely talented and is an excellent technical player. I remember watching Kanu at the U17 level and JJ Okocha as an U20 player, and Iheanacho's current technical abilities exceeds that of both of them when they were youth team players. I'm just being picky, but his only marginal weakness is he does not have the kind of blinding pace I like to see in star attacking players. That's one area I rate Success and Simon ahead of him, but he is by no means slow.

Moses Simon is exceptionaly fast.
I don't think that an attacking midfielder or winger with playmaking skills urgently needs to be this fast.
Zidane was not fast either and in my opinion was the most dominant and influential midfielder of all time.
Messi is not as fast as Moses either - Moses is a player who mostly lives from his pace - that's what most of his game is all about ( I rate him highly either, don't get me wrong there).
Pace is not Iheanacho's main feature that makes him play on the highest level.

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

DAgrin wrote:
olu wrote:I agree the boy is supremely talented and is an excellent technical player. I remember watching Kanu at the U17 level and JJ Okocha as an U20 player, and Iheanacho's current technical abilities exceeds that of both of them when they were youth team players. I'm just being picky, but his only marginal weakness is he does not have the kind of blinding pace I like to see in star attacking players. That's one area I rate Success and Simon ahead of him, but he is by no means slow.

Moses Simon is exceptionaly fast.
I don't think that an attacking midfielder or winger with playmaking skills urgently needs to be this fast.
Zidane was not fast either and in my opinion was the most dominant and influential midfielder of all time.
Messi is not as fast as Moses either - Moses is a player who mostly lives from his pace - that's what most of his game is all about ( I rate him highly either, don't get me wrong there).
Pace is not Iheanacho's main feature that makes him play on the highest level.
D'Agrin,what do you make of Ahmed Musa on the right, Moses Simon on the left and Anthony ujah in the centre for the SE. Their pace will be too much for most defences.
I am happy