Sepp Blatter re elected FIFA President

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Prince Ali conceed, Blatter and Democracy wins

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats to Blatter. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
and to the West and dia bumboys, ............ :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: ntorrrrrrrrrr :mrgreen: You can try again in 20 years, after the WC has been held in Naija! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
fineboy_nopimples
Egg
Egg
Sepp Blatter re elected FIFA President

Post by fineboy_nopimples »

Despite the biggest scandal to ever hit the international football organisation, Sepp Blatter was reelected president for and unprecedented 5th time. In the first round 133 voted for blatter and 73 for his opponent prince Ali. However he claimed victory in the second round after Jordan's Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein decided to withdraw from the election. However, there was never any doubt that he would win as he is extremely popular among the voting blocks of Africa and South America. Watch his speech after he found out he had been reelected.

http://smileandtalk.com/2015/05/29/sepp ... president/
http://www.smileandtalk.com
http://www.smileandmobile.com
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Scipio Africanus wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Congrats to Blatter. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
and to the West and dia bumboys, ............ :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: ntorrrrrrrrrr :mrgreen: You can try again in 20 years, after the WC has been held in Naija! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Nor let Txj catch you o. My hand nor dey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

If na Amos Adamu or Hayatou, una go shout corruption. Now that it is Blatter, una dey congratulate am.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wanaj0 wrote:If na Amos Adamu or Hayatou, una go shout corruption. Now that it is Blatter, una dey congratulate am.
I don't see anyone who's not acknowledged that the body is corrupt and needs change. Everyone accepts that.
The ting wey dey make people take sides with Blatter na the hypocrisy and the sheer arrogance that the brits, americans, french and germans have shown with this whole issue and indeed with many other things that tie in whether we like it or not.
It's all harkening back to a lot of the things going on in the world today. This is pure politics. If UEFA is smart, they'll renegotiate their way around this. This no be IOC, people around the world don't muck about with footie. You can't go around here thinking you'll bash your way around the world because you have more 'power' and 'education' and resources or whatever. FIFA na the one place wey Faroes Island get same vote as Germany. Rightly or wrongly.

The hope is that FIFA is forced to be more transparent.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sepp Blatter re elected FIFA President

Post by KingLoku »

fineboy_nopimples wrote:Despite the biggest scandal to ever hit the international football organisation, Sepp Blatter was reelected president for and unprecedented 5th time. In the first round 133 voted for blatter and 73 for his opponent prince Ali. However he claimed victory in the second round after Jordan's Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein decided to withdraw from the election. However, there was never any doubt that he would win as he is extremely popular among the voting blocks of Africa and South America. Watch his speech after he found out he had been reelected.

http://smileandtalk.com/2015/05/29/sepp ... president/
Now that he has been reelected let's see if he gat the balls to call a spade a spade .. And address this Swiss arrest of FIFA officials ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

wanaj0 wrote:If na Amos Adamu or Hayatou, una go shout corruption. Now that it is Blatter, una dey congratulate am.
I actually do take style agree with Wanajo for this one. If na Hayatou or a Nigerian pulled this stunt a lot of people won't be here congratulating.

I mean look at all the abuses Stephen Keshi gets on this board even after winning ANC after a 20years wait and qualifying for the World Cup and reaching the 2nd round.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mmeny wrote:
I actually do take style agree with Wanajo for this one. If na Hayatou or a Nigerian pulled this stunt a lot of people won't be here congratulating.

I mean look at all the abuses Stephen Keshi gets on this board even after winning ANC after a 20years wait and qualifying for the World Cup and reaching the 2nd round.
What stunt did Blatter pull? If he pulled any stunt he would be behind bars by now. It can be said that it is the stunt the likes of Adamu and his ilks pulled that has caused this brouhaha. If you guys want to make valid analogies do so. If Africa had serious police or securiry apparatus that can bring down Hayatou let them do so. If Blatter is guilty let them pull the rug under him... I would personally shout hallelujah. In fact i was about to shout hallelujah when i firsr heard the news that they arrested fifa officials, then i saw Blatter was not among..then i realised it is these bitter bullies up to their dangerous but silly games agaon.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohsee wrote:All of una wey dey support Blatter, na di time wey CIA go come grab una for night, carry una go Gitmo, na dat time una go know sometin. Una no know say Amelika dey vex right now because dia tactiss no work?
Thus becos you dey fear CIA you no go tok the truth?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The Americans and possibly Britons are annoyed because they did not win the "hosting rights" like they had wished. Had they won, all these corruption charges would not have been happening.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Curve whiz wrote:Thank God
Thank God is right. Blatter hasn't done anything worth the trouble of an investigation. I still don't know why Hayatou is still standing and even that Platini dude.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

This is just getting started. The next stage is to go to work on the sponsors to see if FIFAs finances can be disrupted. Make I siddon dey look. Abeg pass di popcorn.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
okonkwo24
Egg
Egg

Post by okonkwo24 »

Showboy wrote:This is just getting started. The next stage is to go to work on the sponsors to see if FIFAs finances can be disrupted. Make I siddon dey look. Abeg pass di popcorn.
My brother sponsor no go gree pull out, u know how much marketing potential dey the Fifa ... Sponsor no get liver, they fit do gra gra but dey no fit....who go lose?

If the boycott World Cup, who go lose , them know ...an gra gra

Blatter beat them in their own game...the say democracy na the way, the thing don bite them for Nash
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

bushboy wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Congrats to Joseph Blatter!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
If the Eurocentric countries cannot bother to examine why Blatter always win elections despite their harsh criticism, they will NEVER get it. Bloody dummies. The simple reason if they bothered to ask is that they cannot be trusted to do a better job like Blatter is currently doing on a global stage. Stupid UEFA cannot handle simple matters like racism. All we hear are the billions that continue to pour into the coffers of UEFA and rich clubs.
KPOM! KPOM!! KPOM!!!

To hear the pain and outrage in the voices of those talksport British presenters is pure bliss!!
Same on BBC and CNN, The excuses they were making were pathetic. The whole vote was preceded by massive propaganda and lies and when the whole thing collapsed in their faces they had to resort to feeble excuses. For example, FA chairman Greg Dyke was telling the BBC that Prince Ali gave Blatter "a bit of a bloody nose." A CNN correspondent was saying that Blatter would not last more than 2 years because Prince Ali had done so much damage :)

Some were claiming that they expected Blatter to win. Then one has to ask why all that propaganda, lies, arrogance and even the FBI raid (which was clearly timed to affect the outcome of the election) were necessary if they knew Blatter would win anyway...

The lesson from this charade is that the big powers will stop at nothing to get whatever they want. If FIFA was a country, someone would have found an excuse to bomb them by now, based on accusations of WMD, human rights violation or some other excuse, with the BBC and CNN supplying the media propaganda. That is the way the world works...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Waffiman wrote: Read the Major countries rubbish from this joker.

This is the sort of hubris that riles and makes Blatter win. The man must be grateful for his enemies.
I have heard a number of pundits on radio and on the web today/yesterday.
Although all comments state that they want to root out corruption, inevitably
when they speak for a few minutes, some other key points come out
including:

1) The English are upset that they lost the world cup bid and have
never forgiven Blatter
2) They can't imagine that a tiny place like Qatar in the middle-east of
all places will host the world cup on a schedule that will disrupt the
european leagues. ...

I may be exagerating a bit but by and large, many of the comments
stem from the above. I even heard a number of pundits saying things
like, fifa's system of 1 vote 1 nation is broken and that because
the votes from africa/asia are from poor nations that are likely to
be bribed, the voting system needs to change.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

sarkin doya wrote:

This is the sort of hubris that riles and makes Blatter win. The man must be grateful for his enemies.
including:

never forgiven Blatter
european leagues. ...

Thanks my broda. I have been trying to make people understand these issues on this forum from the outset, instead I was told I am an apologist for corruption. Nobody here supports corruption ,nobody here support Adamu and Hayatou, these are the types of people that have opened the door for the Western countries and their allies to gang up and try to wrestle FIFA's control away from the nations that built the WC and FIFA. How can a man like Platini or Greg Dyke moralise to anyone about corruption?

The hypocrisy of these people is also very annoying. David Cameron, demanding that Sepp Blatter must stand down, for example. The same David Cameron who condemned the BBC’s Panorama five years ago for the journalism which exposed precisely what the FBI has now made public about FIFA. Why? He saw it as a disaster for England bidding for the 2018 WC.

In fact, even if we do not like the arrogance and hypocrisy of the bully that is America's action, we all agreed it will bring some good with regards to tackling the corruption in FIFA. But we must not kid ourselves, whilst the Western European nations and their allies are looking to wrestle FIFA's control for their interests, Blatter and his allies are in charge and they are there for our interest. The history of the actions of these nations in FIFA is testament as to why we must not let them divide and rule.

The same English FA after attacking FIFA's morals all week, will host a Cup final today where it's 90 quid for the cheapest (at least that's what I paid for mine) ticket, stadium half full of corporate sponsors. Remember morally bankrupt Blatter refused to sell TV rights to Sky or similar TV, Cable or satellite broadcasters, insisting the WC must be on terrestrial TV so it can be watched by all, rich and poor.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
sarkin doya wrote:

including:

never forgiven Blatter
european leagues. ...

Thanks my broda. I have been trying to make people understand these issues on this forum from the outset, instead I was told I am an apologist for corruption. Nobody here supports corruption ,nobody here support Adamu and Hayatou, these are the types of people that have opened the door for the Western countries and their allies to gang up and try to wrestle FIFA's control away from the nations that built the WC and FIFA. How can a man like Platini or Greg Dyke moralise to anyone about corruption?

The hypocrisy of these people is also very annoying. David Cameron, demanding that Sepp Blatter must stand down, for example. The same David Cameron who condemned the BBC’s Panorama five years ago for the journalism which exposed precisely what the FBI has now made public about FIFA. Why? He saw it as a disaster for England bidding for the 2018 WC.

In fact, even if we do not like the arrogance and hypocrisy of the bully that is America's action, we all agreed it will bring some good with regards to tackling the corruption in FIFA. But we must not kid ourselves, whilst the Western European nations and their allies are looking to wrestle FIFA's control for their interests, Blatter and his allies are in charge and they are there for our interest. The history of the actions of these nations in FIFA is testament as to why we must not let them divide and rule.

The same English FA after attacking FIFA's morals all week, will host a Cup final today where it's 90 quid for the cheapest (at least that's what I paid for mine) ticket, stadium half full of corporate sponsors. Remember morally bankrupt Blatter refused to sell TV rights to Sky or similar TV, Cable or satellite broadcasters, insisting the WC must be on terrestrial TV so it can be watched by all, rich and poor.
Pally when I first heard of the raid and arrests, I was happy. Then as I learned more and read comments from the Western media and pundits, I realized the motive behind it all.

As much as Blatter as done for Africa and other poor nations, I felt a change was needed, but not this way. So in hindsight I'm elated he won.

However I think this was the best outcome we could've hoped for as though Blatter was reelected (which is good for Africa), I am also optimistic that this whole incident might be the watershed moment for much needed reforms (which is good for the game). The fact that Africa was a beneficiary under Blatter shouldn't be the reason to support glaring corruption. If so we will then have no moral authority to complain if we get an equally corrupt leader who is less sympathetic to the African cause.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

See these oyibos sying why should smaller countries have the same vote as garmany and England. What an insult.

Inshort Blatter should remain in FIFA till death :clap: they say democrasy and they insult developing countries because of your racism and arrogance.

Until now Uefa has not been able to stamp out racism and they attack Blatter. Shame on them.
Pasha
Egg
Egg

Post by Pasha »

Congrats Blatter
The Jordanian prince could have been used to test the waters for eventual break up of FIFA.
So they now know that the number of national FA's willing to join a new breakaway FIFA should they decide to go that route given that FIFA revenue comes from these nations.

So when the funding is disappears from FIFA can the 133 nations that voted for Blatter survive without the required funding. Will they be ready to go ahead without the breakaway FIFA because their resolve will be tested.

In the end it will come down to funding. Reason why US and UK feel they have a right to host at will.
Football will not die any which way.
Last edited by Pasha on Sat May 30, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

"The lesson from this charade is that the big powers will stop at nothing to get whatever they want. If FIFA was a country, someone would have found an excuse to bomb them by now, based on accusations of WMD, human rights violation or some other excuse, with the BBC and CNN supplying the media propaganda. That is the way the world works..." :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
sarkin doya wrote:

including:

never forgiven Blatter
european leagues. ...

Pally when I first heard of the raid and arrests, I was happy. Then as I learned more and read comments from the Western media and pundits, I realized the motive behind it all.

As much as Blatter as done for Africa and other poor nations, I felt a change was needed, but not this way. So in hindsight I'm elated he won.

However I think this was the best outcome we could've hoped for as though Blatter was reelected (which is good for Africa), I am also optimistic that this whole incident might be the watershed moment for much needed reforms (which is good for the game). The fact that Africa was a beneficiary under Blatter shouldn't be the reason to support glaring corruption. If so we will then have no moral authority to complain if we get an equally corrupt leader who is less sympathetic to the African cause.
On corruption, I think FIFA will act to clean themselves up. The USA's action will make it happen.
I am not convinced all European countries voted against Blatter. The French FA are not represented by Platini and it is known they resent him for voting for Qatar. The Spanish want to host a WC, they will vote for their interests.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

'
FIFA is going to pay in future for this

How can tiny Blatter & FIFA keep humiliating Enger-Land 3-Lions the inventors of Football plus the big boss Uncle Sam the Superpower when the whole world is watching is watching like this.

US & Britain will not let this go, there shall be repercussions in future :biggrin:
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

American and Europan journalists wan kill blatter with questions on who gave Jack Warner $10m bribe?
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.