THOSE NIKE JERSEYS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet
THOSE NIKE JERSEYS

Post by Jimi »

Are you kidding me? They look like they came from the clearance rack at d#$%'s Sporting Goods. Are we paying Nike to rock their jerseys or they are paying us to wear their gear? This stuff does not look like it came outta Beaverton, Oregon. Pathetic!
Last edited by Jimi on Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: THOSE NIKE JERSEYS

Post by Rawlings »

some of your brothers think the jersey was great

That was the worse jersey I've seen Naija wear in a very long time
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

They are generic Nike jerseys. Nike won't start making unique Nigeria jerseys till 2016. I actually liked them. Not sure if I'm in the minority.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Addidas kits were far better, nike could not even put the NFF logo on the shorts.
I am happy
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

One day people will learn to read.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Agree, thought they were terrible. I have to imagine Nike have better generic jerseys in Oregon(or their European base) than what they provided to Nigeria.

--------------------------------------------
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

The jersey sucks big time.
Even as generic jerseys, they look awful
There are much better generic jerseys (in green colours) on Nike website than these
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they look awful to you young guys. Those were like throwback look of the early Nigerian national team.

BTW, jersey don't make you play well or win matches, they just distinguish you from your opponent, make things easier for uninitiated to follow the game.
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

mcal wrote:...they look awful to you young guys. Those were like throwback look of the early Nigerian national team.

BTW, jersey don't make you play well or win matches, they just distinguish you from your opponent, make things easier for uninitiated to follow the game.
Well each to his/her own
If we wanted a throwback look, we should have gone into the wardrobe and get out the ancient fashionista
Or even the jersey worn by the National team on its nine-match, five-week tour of England in 1949.

Oh! so jersey dont make you play well?
I wonder what the bruhaha of not having a Jersey was all about then?
We should have gone to the tournament in our Agbada and Kembe.
Afterall, that definitely would have aided the uninitiated to follow the game much easier. No?
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I liked the Jersey. They at least got our green right.

I thought the jersey looked smart...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:Addidas kits were far better, nike could not even put the NFF logo on the shorts.
As much as these jerseys looked like leftovers from a 3SC garage sale... :lol:

At least, they looked like football jerseys (granted jerseys from the 1970s)...
The Adidas 'jerseys' looked like t-shirts that something radioactive threw up on.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalani JR wrote:One day people will learn to read.
:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Abysmal looking Jersies!! Not befitting for a national team. They should be used as training kits
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

fledy wrote:Abysmal looking Jersies!! Not befitting for a national team. They should be used as training kits
...so that's why we lost?

Brazil among other football powers have been wearing same looking colors, shapes and stripes for their national team matches, and kept on winning. Only poor backward countries like Nigerians want to wear e/pensive Gucci made jersey :tic:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
Dammy wrote:Addidas kits were far better, nike could not even put the NFF logo on the shorts.
As much as these jerseys looked like leftovers from a 3SC garage sale... :lol:

At least, they looked like football jerseys (granted jerseys from the 1970s)...
The Adidas 'jerseys' looked like t-shirts that something radioactive threw up on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This thread is useless without a picture.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

The jerseys were better than the adidas lemon green crap we wore in Brazil. This Nike has a nice retro glow that captures the essence of our flag. I cannot wait to see the alternative i.e overall white with green stripe flowing from the left shoulder.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Wearing a nice jersey may not make you win a match...but just like dressing well, it makes you feel good about yourself, I have been in the dressing long enough to know how the sight of a good jersey can make you feel more confident. There is a reason why many teams go into the final of a match spotting brand new jerseys, is has a psychological booster.
I remember many matches back in the day when we felt inferior to certain teams, just because they came in jerseys that made us look like a bunch of Gringory and Claudius in comparison. Asked to line up for pre-match inspections we would bunch together like a bunch of rain soaked chickens..while ogling at the brand of jersey the opposition is wearing.
What i am simply trying to say is this..there is a psychological boost players receive when they are kitted well. It might not solely determine the outcome of the match, but it contributes its own quota.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The jerseys are Nike's training jerseys. From the Striker III line. http://www.soccerpro.com/Nike-Striker-I ... ey-p14152/

The contract was hurriedly signed and Nike didn't have the lead time to design and produce anything for us. We get what we get when we act in a hurried and foolish manner.
adidas did same to Bosnia just before the WC.

The two countries have something in common, incompetent FAs who act as if planning is a disease.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
RomanusOjinta
Egg
Egg

Post by RomanusOjinta »

Igbolabi 1 wrote:When are you guys going to to be smart enough to understand that NFF is not therer to catter for the well being of the national team , they are therere to make money for themselves and dont give a ratsass about what the team wears , how they travel or who trains them , There is still a company on the table with the following deal , the company will orgfanise a compitition for Nigerian Fans to desighn our jersies and we the fans will vote the best ones and the company will make them , they will give us 5 friendlies and pay part og the coaches salaries but the problem is no kick back ofr NFF so for them , its a no deal . A football federation went to london to sighn a contract with an American company and any of you really expect that company to respect those clowns who call themselves officials
Is what I've been preaching for months. Someone get it!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Cellular wrote:I liked the Jersey. They at least got our green right.

I thought the jersey looked smart...
The adire-like we wore in 1994 was the best ever!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

oloye wrote:Wearing a nice jersey may not make you win a match...but just like dressing well, it makes you feel good about yourself, I have been in the dressing long enough to know how the sight of a good jersey can make you feel more confident. There is a reason why many teams go into the final of a match spotting brand new jerseys, is has a psychological booster.
I remember many matches back in the day when we felt inferior to certain teams, just because they came in jerseys that made us look like a bunch of Gringory and Claudius in comparison. Asked to line up for pre-match inspections we would bunch together like a bunch of rain soaked chickens..while ogling at the brand of jersey the opposition is wearing.
What i am simply trying to say is this..there is a psychological boost players receive when they are kitted well. It might not solely determine the outcome of the match, but it contributes its own quota.
Egbon, you are so right you have no idea. I remember my indoor soccer league. We played a team that were were better than but when they first of all got on the field, we were like "DAMN"...They were decked for head to toe in Barcelona attire with numberings and name of the players at the back to match...They really intimidated us with that jersey...They were definitely looking the part and were feeling it too at least 8 or so minutes into the 50 minutes game before my team settled down and then issued them bitterness... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Robbynice wrote:
oloye wrote:Wearing a nice jersey may not make you win a match...but just like dressing well, it makes you feel good about yourself, I have been in the dressing long enough to know how the sight of a good jersey can make you feel more confident. There is a reason why many teams go into the final of a match spotting brand new jerseys, is has a psychological booster.
Egbon, you are so right you have no idea. I remember my indoor soccer league. We played a team that were were better than but when they first of all got on the field, we were like "DAMN"...They were decked for head to toe in Barcelona attire with numberings and name of the players at the back to match...They really intimidated us with that jersey...They were definitely looking the part and were feeling it too at least 8 or so minutes into the 50 minutes game before my team settled down and then issued them bitterness... :D
Gba o! :thumb: