U20 WC: Nigeria (2) VS Brazil (4)- SUCCESS,YAHAYA - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U20 WC: Nigeria (2) VS Brazil (4)- SUCCESS,YAHAYA - FT

Post by Schillachi »

bushboy wrote:I hope the Awoniyi v Isaac debate can now be put to rest. They are night and day in terms of quality. Anyone who watched even 15 mins of this game will tell you that.

Anyway, on to the next game. Hope still dey plenty. I have a feeling we will see Brazil again.
Chief, Success disappeared in the second half... There is no evidence he's a better player than Awoniyi...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Damunk wrote:
opine wrote:
Damunk wrote:NO COHERENCE TO WHAT MOST OF YOU ARE SCREAMING.
I need to hear it from the neutrals - apart from Trollings, abeg.
Damunk you know watch game? See Oloye's points. First half was a shootout that we unluckily didn't go into the half leading. They adjusted in the second half and sat back as they weren't going to win at that end to end stuff. We kept on playing like it was a basketball game committing numbers forward for the kill. Our keeper let us down with two gifts. Shikena
Barely 5 mins. Woke up late at 2-2, just before the Brazilian third goal. As soon as they scored, I lost the link. Had to rely on the hysterical comments here, which I never do normally. :(
A whole you the godfather of the FE dey sleep on the job. No wonder it unravelled. No try am again o. Anyway it was an entertaining game (first half) for a neutral.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Spicyee wrote:I see this loss helping the team going forward.
1. Manu and his boys have to learn to be a little humble, even with the talent they obviously have; the boasts from Manu and Iheanacho on the pre-match were just arrogant.
2. Manu has to return to the balance of his team at the AYC, but with Sokari dictating play from the middle; Iheanacho was a huge handicap, not match fit, and not playing for the team as he should.
3. Not again should Mustapha start; I can't believe Manu dropped Sam Okon for this wastepipe. Even in the AYC, the guy was not it.
4. Enaholo needs to spend time on the bench; the confidence was clearly lacking, long before the goals came in the 2nd half.
Ndidi was not quite convincing in the CD, putting more pressure on Bello and the DMs. Maybe, a return to the Omego-Bello combo would be better.
5. It is obvious that playing the trio of Awoniyi, Success and Iheanacho at the same time is not working, primarily because Iheanacho still plays more for himself than for the team. Henceforth, one of them - Iheanacho preferrably - should start from the bench.
6. Now that the hype has backfired, I hope the team does a thorough analysis of this match to correct all the weaknesses they have, ahead of the next game.
7. The team can still go all the way.
Agreed on all fronts. Apart from being outplayed by the Brasil RW he also lost too many balls in dangerous positions.

Main problem is: Is there any player who can play LB instead of him?
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

bushboy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Brazil the better team by far. Thry had better tactics, their players showed better maturity when it came to teamwork and executing their movement and they had better players in many areas. That said I think the tactic of blow for blow with Brazil was suicidal. The Brazilians had too much space which they exploited time and time again especially in the second half when fatigue set in. Another issue was the final ball to the strikers was simply too predictable. Once the Brazilians caught on to the movement if Awoniyi they shut the door

The very bright spot for Nigeria was Awoniyi. His movement was superb and he never looked out if place on the field.
You are drunk. The same "predictable movement" that you claim Brazil caught on to and "shut the door" is the same one that in the next paragraph was "superb?" Smh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
YUJAM is not drunk o.
Only half-asleep when he posted the above
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

bushboy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Brazil the better team by far. Thry had better tactics, their players showed better maturity when it came to teamwork and executing their movement and they had better players in many areas. That said I think the tactic of blow for blow with Brazil was suicidal. The Brazilians had too much space which they exploited time and time again especially in the second half when fatigue set in. Another issue was the final ball to the strikers was simply too predictable. Once the Brazilians caught on to the movement if Awoniyi they shut the door

The very bright spot for Nigeria was Awoniyi. His movement was superb and he never looked out if place on the field.
You are drunk. The same "predictable movement" that you claim Brazil caught on to and "shut the door" is the same one that in the next paragraph was "superb?" Smh.
Nah you've been drinking, not me. Aeoniyi's lateral movement was good. The Brazilians shut out the through ball tactic but the guy was all over the place. His movement was still superb
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
opine wrote:
Damunk you know watch game? See Oloye's points. First half was a shootout that we unluckily didn't go into the half leading. They adjusted in the second half and sat back as they weren't going to win at that end to end stuff. We kept on playing like it was a basketball game committing numbers forward for the kill. Our keeper let us down with two gifts. Shikena
Other than score Success did nothing. He was as poor as Nacho. No movement, bad touches from him

Awoniyi had more touches, covered more ground and put himself in positions to score. He missed a couple of chances but he definitely contributed well
You are trying too hard my broda.
I'd probably take his word over yours - at least for now. He sounds more grounded while you seem preoccupied with proving yourself right above all else.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Damunk wrote:
bushboy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
opine wrote:
Other than score Success did nothing. He was as poor as Nacho. No movement, bad touches from him

Awoniyi had more touches, covered more ground and put himself in positions to score. He missed a couple of chances but he definitely contributed well
I'd probably take his word over yours - at least for now. He sounds more grounded while you seem preoccupied with proving yourself right above all else.
Na you sabi.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

opine wrote:
Damunk wrote:
opine wrote:
Barely 5 mins. Woke up late at 2-2, just before the Brazilian third goal. As soon as they scored, I lost the link. Had to rely on the hysterical comments here, which I never do normally. :(
A whole you the godfather of the FE dey sleep on the job. No wonder it unravelled. No try am again o. Anyway it was an entertaining game (first half) for a neutral.
I actually woke and logged onto CE about 15 mins past scheduled kick off. For some strange, metaphysical reason, there was no game thread! Baffled, I searched everywhere and then eventually concluded my timing was 1 hour off, so went back to sleep small only to wake at 2-2.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bushboy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
bushboy wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
opine wrote:

Na you sabi.
Yup. U got that right!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

You won't win many matches when your goalkeeper, defense, and midfield are suspect. Players that need to make way are: Enaholo (kai what an apere, he was culpable on 3 of the 4 goals), Ndidi (recycling overage players will always backfire, go ask Obuh), Mustapha (just too slow and technically not it), Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (was he even on the field?), and Ifeanyi Mathew (Better players are available). I put this loss on Manu Garba, wrong players selection did this team in.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Our midfield needs serious work, Nacho was missing most of the game im not sure why we are trying to fit so many "names" at once. Whats the point of both Awoniyi and Success at the same time with Nacho? Too attacking minded and crowded upfront. Success needs to really clean up his passing, its been an issue each time I watch him, he has the tools just polish up on some aspects of his game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote:Our midfield needs serious work, Nacho was missing most of the game im not sure why we are trying to fit so many "names" at once. Whats the point of both Awoniyi and Success at the same time with Nacho? Too attacking minded and crowded upfront. Success needs to really clean up his passing, its been an issue each time I watch him, he has the tools just polish up on some aspects of his game.
Spot on assessment and yes Iheanacho was nonexistent.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

What these old aged players got beaten again??
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

My strategy for the next game would be
1. Toss that suicidal "total football" nonsense and play a more balanced 4-4-2 with Success and Nacho upfront
2. Awoniyi gets the bench -- great movement but too damn wasteful
3. That left back has to go. If there is no capable replacement, the change in formation should provide some cover..
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

My musings.....

1. The left side was where the imbalance was. It was obvious there was going to be a positional imbalance with that line up and it proved to be in front of the hapless Musa Abdullahi. Brazil had so much joy here and Manu's reaction lead to our attacking ineptitude in the second half. More on that later.

2. Kelechi Iheanacho in the free role did not work for a few reasons. He made too many forward runs like a striker. Did not seek the short ball enough and even at that had two very poor midfielders behind him. He essentially played as a third striker and got less and less of the ball. Sokari's introduction should have happened earlier.

3. Brazil's first half high line was suicidal. Shocking we only scored two with the abundance of pace we have.

4. Both Ifeanyis were the worst performers on the field today. They were abysmal. Sokari's introduction made them look even more unprofessional. Nwakali time perhaps? Surely Sokari starts against Korea.

5. Success and Awoniyi together as central strikers is so potent, big and physical and will cause every defense a problem! Success as a left wing forward (Manu's second half adjustment) with Taiwo as a central striker....not so good. Time for Manu to make a big move. Drop one of them and set Kelechi on the right, Yahaya on the left with a midfield three of SOkari, Nwakali and the less abysmal of the Ifeanyis....Matthew.

6. We must find a role and some minutes for Moses Simon.

7. Once the midfield and the whole balance thing gets sorted out, this team will be great.

8. Lets pray for Enaholo.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

marko wrote:What these old aged players got beaten again??
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Ugbowo wrote:My musings.....

1. The left side was where the imbalance was. It was obvious there was going to be a positional imbalance with that line up and it proved to be in front of the hapless Musa Abdullahi. Brazil had so much joy here and Manu's reaction lead to our attacking ineptitude in the second half. More on that later.

2. Kelechi Iheanacho in the free role did not work for a few reasons. He made too many forward runs like a striker. Did not seek the short ball enough and even at that had two very poor midfielders behind him. He essentially played as a third striker and got less and less of the ball. Sokari's introduction should have happened earlier.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: @ #8

3. Brazil's first half high line was suicidal. Shocking we only scored two with the abundance of pace we have.

4. Both Ifeanyis were the worst performers on the field today. They were abysmal. Sokari's introduction made them look even more unprofessional. Nwakali time perhaps? Surely Sokari starts against Korea.

5. Success and Awoniyi together as central strikers is so potent, big and physical and will cause every defense a problem! Success as a left wing forward (Manu's second half adjustment) with Taiwo as a central striker....not so good. Time for Manu to make a big move. Drop one of them and set Kelechi on the right, Yahaya on the left with a midfield three of SOkari, Nwakali and the less abysmal of the Ifeanyis....Matthew.

6. We must find a role and some minutes for Moses Simon.

7. Once the midfield and the whole balance thing gets sorted out, this team will be great.

8. Lets pray for Enaholo.
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

oloye wrote:We treated Brasil without respect..we thought we could use our pace to break them down...it would have worked if the people making the passes were more accurate ,there was a window when we had Brasil where we wanted them. They came back in the second half they reorganised their defence and decided to wait for us and hit us on the counter. Strangely we kept trying to do the same thing we did in the first half. The first thing is..you cannot play that way for 90 minutes bevause as the game wears on yoi start getting tired and careless . There was a time when we needed to slow down the game ....but we just kept going like we lost oir head or something. The midfield was simply not there ,it was simply the case of grab the ball look up and pick a running attacker..even when it became aplarent that brasil had dropped back to close out the space behind them.

Oh well on to the nexr match,i hope we have a different strategy because at this level once yoir strategy is known it becomes easy for a decent team to neutralise you.
Well said Oloye. I have always said that easiest game as a defender is the game you know how your opponent is going to attack you. Knowing that makes the job easy somehow. Having said that, I might add that knowing such comes with experience. I am not sure the kind of instructions Garba gave them during the game, but after such a loss, as a good team they are, this loss would serve a much needed lesson to those young guns.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Enough calling Manu Garba crap. He was the messiah before this game.

Main thing is whether he learns on his mistakes. Remember Spain won the World Cup after losing the first game.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

marutimon wrote:
Spicyee wrote:I see this loss helping the team going forward.
1. Manu and his boys have to learn to be a little humble, even with the talent they obviously have; the boasts from Manu and Iheanacho on the pre-match were just arrogant.
2. Manu has to return to the balance of his team at the AYC, but with Sokari dictating play from the middle; Iheanacho was a huge handicap, not match fit, and not playing for the team as he should.
3. Not again should Mustapha start; I can't believe Manu dropped Sam Okon for this wastepipe. Even in the AYC, the guy was not it.
4. Enaholo needs to spend time on the bench; the confidence was clearly lacking, long before the goals came in the 2nd half.
Ndidi was not quite convincing in the CD, putting more pressure on Bello and the DMs. Maybe, a return to the Omego-Bello combo would be better.
5. It is obvious that playing the trio of Awoniyi, Success and Iheanacho at the same time is not working, primarily because Iheanacho still plays more for himself than for the team. Henceforth, one of them - Iheanacho preferrably - should start from the bench.
6. Now that the hype has backfired, I hope the team does a thorough analysis of this match to correct all the weaknesses they have, ahead of the next game.
7. The team can still go all the way.
Agreed on all fronts. Apart from being outplayed by the Brasil RW he also lost too many balls in dangerous positions.

Main problem is: Is there any player who can play LB instead of him?
Nice analysis for spiceyee
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Stop smoking bad weed.
We had them on the ropes. If Awoniyi and Success buried their chances, its 3-1!

Awoniyi missed so many opportunities by being off sides

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bad day at the office, we will regroup
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Now Deep breath everyone. The reality is anymore slip up, we are out. All we need to focus on right now is how we can get out of the group. No need 'building castles in the sky' ok people? :(