Sweden 3 V 3 Nigeria (FT)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Sweden 3 V 3 Nigeria (FT)

Post by Goldleaf »

There is a sickness on CE. The people representing us are doing their best for a sh!tty country, yet they get flak from shameless Internet teletubbies who cannot even kick a basket.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

yannick wrote:Coach Okon is actually a decent coach, only problem is his typical Nigerian "I-too-Sabi" arrogance that makes him appear like a clueless blockhead, how a coach failed to make a single substitution in an intense game of 90mins+ is really beyond me...good thing the girls delivered.
I agree the problem is the "typical Naijarian I-too-sabi" from the poster... :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
akamoke
Re: Sweden 2 V 0 Nigeria

Post by akamoke »

SylverEagles wrote:Is this coach going to make a change?
I notice a lot of people clamouring for change but no one could suggest who for who
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Goldleaf wrote:As a country, in footballing terms, we are blessed. You just need to listen to seasoned commentators like Tim Capel to know that some folks just love watching Nigeria. At half-time, I would have taken a draw because we were wasteful in front of goal and the swedes punished us through 2 corner kicks.

A draw is still a good group result. Asisat Oshoala seems to drift in and drift out for minutes. I hope her stamina is not suspect. The team deserves credit. Yes, Dede may not be the best keeper for this side, but that left back was magic. Ngozi Okobi, what a cerebral player! Took her first goal with control and aplomb and that pass to Ordega sweet me so tay.

At some point in this group, the coach will need to switch to 4-4-2 to unleash the duo of Oparanozie and Oshoala. I also hope that we can see Loveth Ayila at some point because she is one hell of a midfielder. She is obviously being kept out by Ayinde who only burst into the scene at the U17 tourney in Azerbaijan.

We get talent, I beg. If I hear anybody abuse that Nike jersey again. E no go better for Adidas with that stupid lemon jersey. One of our girls scored a free-kick in our U20 in Germany and went gangster in her celebration. Where is she and what is her name? She was tall and gangly. Anyone remember her?
It certainly was a good result. I was fuming after we went down 2-0 due to little, little (the same) mistakes. I am thankful to the girls for making my "belly" sweet
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

metalalloy wrote:
marko wrote:Nigeria were technically superior to the Swedes but you just get that feeling that the Nigerians could always make that defensive error, always have that habit of letting teams of the hook
:shock: Same person wey talk dis one too!!
marko wrote:The swedish coach definitely watched Nigerian tapes, just wait for set pieces, like all african sides, they falter, such a shame, defending is one of the easiest things in football, all you have to do is concentrate for 90 minutes, what is so hard, the coaches should be drilling the defenders during practice and make them do extra sessions just to perfect the art of defending, go listen to the great italian defenders the way they go about their defending, in 90 minutes, you will be lucky to get 1 sniff at goal, you will not score from a set piece or even freekick, its all science and attention to detail like someone else pointed out, Nigerian sides always go ill prepared to major tournaments and always lose 9 out of 10 times due to naive defending

for the same thread :shock:
Na lie.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ALL WE ARE SAAAAYING..GIVE US FOREIGN COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Why is the Nigerian coach rejoicing?
Lol. Earning a valuable point from the swedes isn't small beans. I no blame am. :mrgreen:
Not today's Sweden. They are living on past glory and have a coach who thinks in monosyllables!

We had no biz drawing this game...
Not when you're clueless on how to defend simple corner kicks. :mrgreen:

I'm very relieved and thrilled that we got something out of this game. When you face a 50% or greater chance of conceding via corner kicks against a quality side like Sweden and go down 2-0 at HT, you should be happy with the draw.

Hopefully, they will miraculously learn how to defend these set pieces before the next game but I won't hold my breath.
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

The girls definitely gave a good account of themselves. We have the talent to win this world cup but we lack a real coach.
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Ok, let us talk serious talk. What are we going to do about this set-piece disease? We have left this in the hands of our coaches for eons now with no improvement. I think it is high time we the fans do something about this. Can we send them videos, powerpoint slides, charts or what to get this thing resolved! That is really annoys me to no end!! :sneaky: :sneaky:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bobo Dan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:
opine wrote:Can Okon stop whatever he is doing. Not sure if he is praying or what
Why?
So he has no right to pray (or whatever he's doing) again. just cos Oga Oyinbo madam want's to shake his hand?
He need to stop the crap! No be only him know God. In fact, he is embarrassing
Embarassing?
To who?
You or to himself?
Both!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odas, you funny no be small
Is he embarrassing for been a black man as well
No, Sir!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Some pipul go delete their prepared posts...

Thank God dem still get Naijarians way still get swagger and way no dey play second fiddle to no one...

Imagine how good they could be if we invested in them.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Okob (female Xavi)i to fix Eagles creative midfield problem; what say you?
I will follow Super Falcons with almost equal seriousness as long as that girl is playing o. Especially with our huffing and puffing Keshi Eagles.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

metalalloy wrote:
marko wrote:Nigeria were technically superior to the Swedes but you just get that feeling that the Nigerians could always make that defensive error, always have that habit of letting teams of the hook
marko wrote:The swedish coach definitely watched Nigerian tapes, just wait for set pieces, like all african sides, they falter, such a shame, defending is one of the easiest things in football, all you have to do is concentrate for 90 minutes, what is so hard, the coaches should be drilling the defenders during practice and make them do extra sessions just to perfect the art of defending, go listen to the great italian defenders the way they go about their defending, in 90 minutes, you will be lucky to get 1 sniff at goal, you will not score from a set piece or even freekick, its all science and attention to detail like someone else pointed out, Nigerian sides always go ill prepared to major tournaments and always lose 9 out of 10 times due to naive defending

Ha!, Im curious to find out what marko thinks of the NAIVE defending of the Swedes considering the coach had scouted the Nigerians
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

Super Eagle wrote:The girls definitely gave a good account of themselves. We have the talent to win this world cup but we lack a real coach.
So if I read you right, it was only the girls talent that got the draw tonight
The coach had contributed nicht?

Perhaps we should go for the Swede coach.
She must be a real coach. No?
Last edited by Bobo Dan on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

Okobi I mean. I have not seen such an outstanding display by any Nigerian midfield player since Jay Jay.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Today's game is the best game of this world cup so far.

Good effort, girls. Keep it
up!!
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
oshodi
Egg
Egg

Post by oshodi »

Odas wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:
opine wrote:Can Okon stop whatever he is doing. Not sure if he is praying or what
Why?
So he has no right to pray (or whatever he's doing) again. just cos Oga Oyinbo madam want's to shake his hand?
If you are embarrassed then he is not the problem
He need to stop making a FOOL of himself and indeed Nigeria - period. I am sure MOST Nigerians will agree with me
So now praying to Allah is an embarrassment....God help us

THE FACT THAT AFRICANS ARE PROVING THEMSELVES IN THE BUSINESS COMMUNITIES ABROAD BUT CANNOT FOR SOME REASON IMPLIMENT THE SAME STRATEGIES BACK HOME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Why is the Nigerian coach rejoicing?
Lol. Earning a valuable point from the swedes isn't small beans. I no blame am. :mrgreen:
Not today's Sweden. They are living on past glory and have a coach who thinks in monosyllables!

We had no biz drawing this game...
Not when you're clueless on how to defend simple corner kicks. :mrgreen:

I'm very relieved and thrilled that we got something out of this game. When you face a 50% or greater chance of conceding via corner kicks against a quality side like Sweden and go down 2-0 at HT, you should be happy with the draw.

Hopefully, they will miraculously learn how to defend these set pieces before the next game but I won't hold my breath.
When you do not have an aggresive keeper or an imposing keeper in goal, defending any set pieces especially corner kicks is a nightmare.....i did this for many years. When you have a man moutain in goal, one who breathes fire from his nostrils , defending set pieces is made a lot easier. Let us just say Sweden captitalised on our weakness, they used their heights to a devastating effect.

How do we get better, let our girls play more friendlies witb teams that parade thwse man mountain ladies often.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

goldenera94 wrote:And the Swedes used all their subs, and our Coach sat on his #$%
Yet they couldnt beat us
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

paj wrote:ALL WE ARE SAAAAYING..GIVE US FOREIGN COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who is we?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

SylverEagles wrote:Ok, let us talk serious talk. What are we going to do about this set-piece disease? We have left this in the hands of our coaches for eons now with no improvement. I think it is high time we the fans do something about this. Can we send them videos, powerpoint slides, charts or what to get this thing resolved! That is really annoys me to no end!! :sneaky: :sneaky:
Defending set pieces is like rebounding in basketball... positioning and attacking the ball. Easier said than done.
You keep practicing and practicing but if you give up a enough set pieces a good team will convert one.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

oshodi wrote:
Odas wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bobo Dan wrote:
Why?
If you are embarrassed then he is not the problem
He need to stop making a FOOL of himself and indeed Nigeria - period. I am sure MOST Nigerians will agree with me
So now praying to Allah is an embarrassment....God help us
Amin o
Na so we see am o
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

akamoke wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Ha!, Im curious to find out what marko thinks of the NAIVE defending of the Swedes considering the coach had scouted the Nigerians
Like the others here they are busy looking at Okon's belle.....see as our Maradonna carved them opne twice like kilishi meat on a hot afternoon in Sabo. That Maradonna and the left back are my beauties and of course my inlaw Ordega.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho