ALL HAIL OLOYE!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ALL HAIL OLOYE!!

Post by ohsee »

oloye wrote:
I was as gentle as a lamb oh abeg! As long as you leave the ball for me in the air and you dont try to be too clever on the ground.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oga Oloye, I dey come make you sign dat writing contract with immediate effect, any money wey you ax. Kai! I evin read dat ya comment to Madam, she laff taya. :lol:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Babafad wrote:Image

Even though he is smiling, you can tell from that wicked haircut say him fit wound persin.
Babafad,

Where did you unearth this photo? Wow, the old memories. Oloye and his Shaibu Amodu gang tried to dominate Nigeria in those days.

Oloye,

One question I always wanted to ask you: "Did Shaibu learn all his tricks from his apprenticeship under the great Alabi Aisien or was it from somewhere else?"
Prof., "Tried"? They dominated. And the dominated by possession... Chei, I remember watching them play pam-pam... both of Shuaibu Amodu's teams (BCC and El Kanemi)... abandoning the Rajanz and Naija league "Kick and follow"...

Your memory is better than mine but I don't recall any of Coach Alabi Aisien's Insurance teams tapping ball like Amodu's teams... with the ball possession. Or did Coach Aisien coach Flash Flamingoes as well?
Cell,

Alibi is a guru on ball possession o! His insurance team of 1978 was all about that with Agboinfo and Omokaro controlling things in the middle. In fact, Alabi had brought that after he returned from Hungary and coached Vasco but he was then quickly take away to Insurance by Ogbemudia.

I believe Amodu coached under him in Mighty Jets. I recollect one of his quotes when he spoke about Rangers. Here is what he said:

They are playing Kofi and Afriyie [Reference for Ghana's reputation for ball possession), but midway they will return to native law and custom [Long balls].

:rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ranjaz was a very useless team... still have not been able to transition to the modern football. And can't get it right after Expo (Vasco) no dey again. They can't raid Vasco for fresh talent....
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

oloye wrote:
One day Alum came to me , we had become room mates in the 92 season with the departure of Toyin Ayinla. So he asked me if i knew why he stopped handing over the band to me, i said no,not that it mattered to me anyway anyone could easily be charged with the task i responded. He then went on to inform me that there were some natives who were not comfortable and felt they were being bypassed and that my stature in the team was growing so i was or now posed a threat. So they have asked him to stop the practice of handing the band over I was scared and jolted by this information, the last thing i wanted to get involved in a football team was power tussle.
That's not what I heard at Pa CIC's Beer and Isi Ewu Joint. Someone said they planned coup against you because of your clandestine advances towards one very beautiful African queen who happened to be a daughter of the soil and who eventually became Mrs Oloye. No be me talk am o! :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Oloye (on the right) then playing for BCC Lions, shakes a Plateau United player. :thumbs:

Choi, Oloye is bigger than all the officials COMBINED :shock: :shock: :shock:
Na CD of old school. Na Amodu favourite oh. If not for him cruciate, he for play more for Eagus.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Even though he is smiling, you can tell from that wicked haircut say him fit wound persin.
Babafad,

Where did you unearth this photo? Wow, the old memories. Oloye and his Shaibu Amodu gang tried to dominate Nigeria in those days.

Oloye,

One question I always wanted to ask you: "Did Shaibu learn all his tricks from his apprenticeship under the great Alabi Aisien or was it from somewhere else?"
I was privileged to train under both coaches, i think their philosophies differ. Alabi belong to the old school greatly influenced by european soccer. I believe he trained in Hungary, the little time i spent with him at NNB ....geez his training nearly took the life out of me. His emphasies was on fitness..., there is a particular training of his, where you run around in squares, Jesus whoever invented that training should be arraigned before the ICC before he does much damage. When Pa Alabi shows up in training...he normal shows up 10 mins into training. When he shows up and grabs a cone....come and see adults shivering...we recognise his intentions by that act.

When were undergoing trials at NNB, we were camped at Bins Hotel, there was a portharcourt guy, a goalie. When we finish this drill and get back to the hotel, the guy would start drinking water like a fish. He would order his water in a big bowl , the sight of him and big bowl of water was hilarious...in no time we labelled the guy water. I remember i kept saying to myself how am i going to survive this sort of training.

Amodu on the other hand was heavily inspired by Brasil, he believed that a team would peak as the season goes on. We train hard but not as hard as Alabi...in fact in all my football career i never saw anything like Alabi's training. It had eastern european fitness regime written all over it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Babafad,

Oloye,

Prof., "Tried"? They dominated. And the dominated by possession... Chei, I remember watching them play pam-pam... both of Shuaibu Amodu's teams (BCC and El Kanemi)... abandoning the Rajanz and Naija league "Kick and follow"...

Your memory is better than mine but I don't recall any of Coach Alabi Aisien's Insurance teams tapping ball like Amodu's teams... with the ball possession. Or did Coach Aisien coach Flash Flamingoes as well?
My bro, Coach Alabi modelled his teams on the Hungarian school of ball possession.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Between Alabi and Amodu one can see how the philosophy of Nigerian evolved from the british influence. I believe up till the late 70s european football had a massive influence, we've had coaches from Germany, Hungary and of course the late Father Tiko under whom the Eagles came of age. Also it in the days of east vs west as a result many african countries benefitted from schorlaships from the eastern european or communist block. A number of coaches trained abroad benefitted from these programs. Then came Otto Gloria and in 1980 we won the ANC, then in 82 that beautiful brasilian team held us spell bound. A number of coaches trained around this period were inspired by Brasilian passing game. Shortly after winning the FA cup in 89 from the position of an assistant who took over from the sacked James Peters at BCC, Amodu was sent on training in Brasil. I remember him coming back and he was singing of 3-5-2 system which Brasil used to prosecute the 90 world cup. The way he went on about Dunga,the man it was built around left no in doubt where his inspiration was coming from. We tried it a couple of times and it remained the best formation i enjoyed playing. Simply for the amount of ball posession.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:lol:
ohsee wrote:
oloye wrote:
I was as gentle as a lamb oh abeg! As long as you leave the ball for me in the air and you dont try to be too clever on the ground.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oga Oloye, I dey come make you sign dat writing contract with immediate effect, any money wey you ax. Kai! I evin read dat ya comment to Madam, she laff taya. :lol:
:lol: Na true now!

Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Oloye.......2nd right! :D
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Spot the man called Oloye..... :D
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Babafad,

Oloye,

I was privileged to train under both coaches, i think their philosophies differ. Alabi belong to the old school greatly influenced by european soccer. I believe he trained in Hungary, the little time i spent with him at NNB ....geez his training nearly took the life out of me. His emphasies was on fitness..., there is a particular training of his, where you run around in squares, Jesus whoever invented that training should be arraigned before the ICC before he does much damage. When Pa Alabi shows up in training...he normal shows up 10 mins into training. When he shows up and grabs a cone....come and see adults shivering...we recognise his intentions by that act.

When were undergoing trials at NNB, we were camped at Bins Hotel, there was a portharcourt guy, a goalie. When we finish this drill and get back to the hotel, the guy would start drinking water like a fish. He would order his water in a big bowl , the sight of him and big bowl of water was hilarious...in no time we labelled the guy water. I remember i kept saying to myself how am i going to survive this sort of training.

Amodu on the other hand was heavily inspired by Brasil, he believed that a team would peak as the season goes on. We train hard but not as hard as Alabi...in fact in all my football career i never saw anything like Alabi's training. It had eastern european fitness regime written all over it.
That was when we had our Sports commission sending out our best to learn and become better.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Oloye.......2nd right! :D
From left Sola Omowale, James Enagwuna aka 69 rip bro, Oloye and Fuludu Edema. This was againt Berger our Iyawo.
James was one of the best midfielders to grace our league, he was called 69 or was it 65 because of a form of dribble he patented. Although igbo James was AJ boy ,he speaks the yoruba language even better than an omo onile. The image of a true Nigerian ,most importantly a complete footballer. Why you never had of him...he came at a time when the likes of hos talents could be found all over the country....to my left is one of such Edema...he would dribble you no matter who you are! A graduate of Business Administration from Uniben...one of the brains that played in our league at the time. A close friend, we lived in the same flat for 2years in Gboko...this was the season after he left us for Berger.

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Oloye did you play continental football how were they like....Oloye my pikin still want the youtube o. :taunt: :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

One thing is certain, egbon Oloye looks the part #lookingthepart :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:One thing is certain, egbon Oloye looks the part #lookingthepart :D

Unlike a certain 6'7 Robbynice and his pot-belly.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Oga Oloye how tall are you or were others just short?

You seem to tower everyone in all the pictures
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

shaq wrote:Oga Oloye how tall are you or were others just short?

You seem to tower everyone in all the pictures
6' 3'' of lean ,mean flesh... :D.

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

oloye wrote: I was as gentle as a lamb oh abeg! As long as you leave the ball for me in the air and you dont try to be too clever on the ground.
... otherwise, na the persin sabi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Robbynice wrote:One thing is certain, egbon Oloye looks the part #lookingthepart :D
Unlike a certain 6'7 Robbynice and his pot-belly.
How you take no say Oga Oloye no get "pot belle" nowadays? :tic: :tic: :tic:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Oloye (on the right) then playing for BCC Lions, shakes a Plateau United player. :thumbs:
Roland Ewere captain of Bendel Insurance
Insurance won the game that day in Gboko 1:0 :taunt:
LB Owewe scored the goal
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

megapro wrote:

Roland Ewere captain of Bendel Insurance
Insurance won the game that day in Gboko 1:0 :taunt:
LB Owewe scored the goal
No they did not....we have been over this before Mega... :D I cannot remember playing in any match we lost at Gboko, definitely not against Insurance. We lost two matches that year at home...i did not feature in the both, u was out injured. I remember Stores was one of them, cannot recollect the other. On both occassions i had premonition we were going to lose, i did not even come to the stadium.

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Kai! this was the match Oloye broke my leg when I was trying to do you "show me your height" :) :)

Oloye my bro, you need to write up a book on your football experience
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V,

Did you play for Plateau?

Sir V wrote:

Kai! this was the match Oloye broke my leg when I was trying to do you "show me your height" :) :)

Oloye my bro, you need to write up a book on your football experience
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics