Fifa 16 here I come, drop your tag name let the game begin!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Fifa 16 here I come, drop your tag name let the game beg

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:Question for you gamers (not strictly soccer-related)

A few years ago (maybe 6 or 7) there was this 'World Gaming Championships' held somewhere in the US. Top teams (clubs, not national teams) from nations all over the world converged in a 'World Cup' Gamers knock-out competition.

Each team (club) of about 6 gamers had their own top football gamer, martial arts gamer, combat gamer, motor racing and a few other sports. UK sent their 3 top clubs from London, Birmingham and one other place. Each club's gamer was matched against his/her peer of the same gaming specialty from a rival club and won (or lost) points for the team. Initially it was a league and then a knock-out system in later rounds until an eventual winner emerged at the end and were crowned World Champions.

The games were shown on TV and it was brilliant.
I got so absorbed in the competition I couldn't believe it! Apart from football, as a sport nothing has ever got me so excited.

And then suddenly it was gone. Nothing.
Does anyone know anything about this and why it has never happened since? At the time the impression was it would be a regular championship of the world's best gamers.
I cant believe, with the rise of gaming as an industry even bigger than film, this kind of thing has not blossomed into a major wordwide event.
Yes it's still on , you can win up to 100k if you make it all the way, it's called Fifa interactive world cup. You can actually participate by winning your region via the game mode via your console
What Damunk described above is much broader than just FIFA. Sounds interesting and seems like something that would be featured on G4TV
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Haha I meant 4-4-2 Diamond
metalalloy wrote:
Jimi wrote:FIFA 16 has given the edge to the defense. It's so much harder to score --for now. I used to thrive on quick counters and through balls in FIFA 15, but it's so much harder to create space now. I had to ditch my classic 4-3-3 offensive formation to a 4-4-3 diamond to revise my strategy. Swift close passing is key in this version. The goalies are so much better too..Gotta place your shots and headers with more pace and accuracy. Oh yeah, the shot calibration is different too. Gotta squeeze more juice to get off an accurate shot now. I was up to Division 3 in online seasons in '15. It's gonna take me a lot longer to get there with '16.

hmmm you dey bribe referee?
Last edited by Jimi on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

I got the game and it feels very different.
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

metalalloy wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:Question for you gamers (not strictly soccer-related)

A few years ago (maybe 6 or 7) there was this 'World Gaming Championships' held somewhere in the US. Top teams (clubs, not national teams) from nations all over the world converged in a 'World Cup' Gamers knock-out competition.

Each team (club) of about 6 gamers had their own top football gamer, martial arts gamer, combat gamer, motor racing and a few other sports. UK sent their 3 top clubs from London, Birmingham and one other place. Each club's gamer was matched against his/her peer of the same gaming specialty from a rival club and won (or lost) points for the team. Initially it was a league and then a knock-out system in later rounds until an eventual winner emerged at the end and were crowned World Champions.

The games were shown on TV and it was brilliant.
I got so absorbed in the competition I couldn't believe it! Apart from football, as a sport nothing has ever got me so excited.

And then suddenly it was gone. Nothing.
Does anyone know anything about this and why it has never happened since? At the time the impression was it would be a regular championship of the world's best gamers.
I cant believe, with the rise of gaming as an industry even bigger than film, this kind of thing has not blossomed into a major wordwide event.
Yes it's still on , you can win up to 100k if you make it all the way, it's called Fifa interactive world cup. You can actually participate by winning your region via the game mode via your console
What Damunk described above is much broader than just FIFA. Sounds interesting and seems like something that would be featured on G4TV
Definitely much wider than FIFA.
Football, as popular as it is, was just one of several sports represented. The skill level was out of this world with top gamers from South Korea, the US, Canada, UK & Europe and south America. Na only Africa nor dey represented. They teams were all there live and had their managers. Lots of team psyching too.
It was awesome.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

King Futcha wrote:
Sunset wrote:
King Futcha wrote:mantorrascp3

I'm the best FIFA player on CE there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be.
Our H2H record would suggest otherwise.....

Image :taunt:

clashaboi15
we only played a few times in 15 your tricks didn't work so you ran. at least thats my take.
What were the final results na? :taunt:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Jimi wrote:FIFA 16 has given the edge to the defense. It's so much harder to score --for now. I used to thrive on quick counters and through balls in FIFA 15, but it's so much harder to create space now. I had to ditch my classic 4-3-3 offensive formation to a 4-4-3 diamond to revise my strategy. Swift close passing is key in this version. The goalies are so much better too..Gotta place your shots and headers with more pace and accuracy. Oh yeah, the shot calibration is different too. Gotta squeeze more juice to get off an accurate shot now. I was up to Division 3 in online seasons in '15. It's gonna take me a lot longer to get there with '16.
You dey boast about Div 3? :???:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Sunset wrote:
well most here like luigi have not made it past division five, not all came make it to division one without getting relegated like me.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
Sunset wrote:
well most here like luigi have not made it past division five, not all came make it to division one without getting relegated like me.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my friend answer the question sunset asked you sharply!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

FYI There are 10 divisions..The top 300,000 plus players in the world play in the first three divisions. Ish ain't easy.
Sunset wrote:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The only hard divisions for me were div 1 and 2 bros.... Div 10-3 na Childs play :taunt:

Jimi wrote:FYI There are 10 divisions..The top 300,000 plus players in the world play in the first three divisions. Ish ain't easy.
Sunset wrote:
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Are you guys serious? On previous editions of FIFA I am a division 1 and 2 player.
Last edited by Robotnik on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Sunset wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my friend answer the question sunset asked you sharply!
1-1-1
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

KIZONZO wrote:If you beat these guys and need someone to break your leg, you can add me.
My username is Kizonzo,
did you witness my beat down of Luigi? If so I am terribly sorry, I did not want anyone to see that.
Saints baby we did it
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

King Futcha wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:If you beat these guys and need someone to break your leg, you can add me.
My username is Kizonzo,
did you witness my beat down of Luigi? If so I am terribly sorry, I did not want anyone to see that.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Haha i saw you guys play one game yesterday. It was an entertaining game where you won 2-1 . However, why did you guys not have a re-match?

I must admit, i love the option of inviting a 3rd party to watch you play a match. It gives you a different perspective and you can actually pick up a thing or 2 about how certain gamers react to a different scenario.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

KIZONZO wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
My username is Kizonzo,
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Haha i saw you guys play one game yesterday. It was an entertaining game where you won 2-1 . However, why did you guys not have a re-match?

I must admit, i love the option of inviting a 3rd party to watch you play a match. It gives you a different perspective and you can actually pick up a thing or 2 about how certain gamers react to a different scenario.
because the bobo knows he's overmatched so he ran away :)
Saints baby we did it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

KIZONZO wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
My username is Kizonzo,

Haha no mind the bobo! i dey jejely dey relax watching my netflix and this woman begin disturb me to play. Bobo scored 2 lucky goals as my hand don cold finish with his "jambody" football, and He ran away shortly after* and refused to play again!

Good game queenie, we go jam again.

*i did say i was good for one game only.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i dey go buy PS4 , the mouth for this forum too much
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

metalalloy wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
My username is Kizonzo,

Haha no mind the bobo! i dey jejely dey relax watching my netflix and this woman begin disturb me to play. Bobo scored 2 lucky goals as my hand don cold finish with his "jambody" football, and He ran away shortly after* and refused to play again!

that was only my second time playing, I beat some poor sap 5-0 in my first game imagine what I am going to do to you when I start playing regularly :)
Saints baby we did it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
My username is Kizonzo,

that was only my second time playing, I beat some poor sap 5-0 in my first game imagine what I am going to do to you when I start playing regularly :)

Don't get comfy man. A broken clock is right twice a day. Like i said, you cold clocked me. Enjoy this sole victory you go smell. You go soon collect your customary beatings. :D

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Work has been super busy. My copy of FIFA 16 is still untouched in the GameStop bag. Hopefully, I fill have sone free time this weekend to finally get to play.

Add me: bushboy007
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Welaga
Egg
Egg

Post by Welaga »

andynal09 is my name. I must admit it'll take some practice to get comfortable with the fifa16
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I played 2 games against Kizonzo earlier today. Both Chelsea and Man City were issued bitterness by Watford and Granada respectively. Needless to say, Ighalo and Success were on the score sheet :)

Good games.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

bushboy wrote:I played 2 games against Kizonzo earlier today. Both Chelsea and Man City were issued bitterness by Watford and Granada respectively. Needless to say, Ighalo and Success were on the score sheet :)

Good games.
Very good finisher you are! I did all the playing controlling possession but you punished me with your Naija boys. We will meet again.