Brazil 0 V 3 Nigeria/ Croatia 0 V 1 Mali

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Brazil 0 V 3 Nigeria/ Croatia V Mali

Post by DIMKA76 »

African Star wrote::-x
So Nigeria should just start going home and FIFA should hand them the cup
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

African Star wrote:Mali is the best team at this U17 world cup, very sound tactically, defensively with a smart coach that makes prudent and tactically astute adjusments. I see now why they are African champions and have yet to concede a goal from open play at this tournament. Some less selfish play in the attack would have seen them win by a huge margin.

Hope Nigeria does not meet them in the finals they cannot beat this Mali team.
Thank you...when Naija beats them it will then be cos we are overage or we are lucky. No wahala.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Curve whiz wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Babalawo wrote:Kpom, i am with Amuneke on this one. Osimhen was a beauty to watch on the counters, he held up play and could easily beat his man from the left flank. He barely crossed the 3/4 line to defend and saved his energy for the burst required for the counters. He kept being a torn in their flesh and thats how you use a point-man. The game was being fought in the midfield and those were the guys who needed to be subbed. Good play by Amuneke :clap:
Nonsense! He made that last change in the 89th minute, 3-0 up...
Even me I was angry with Amuneke...how dare him play Osimhen at all in the Quarter Finals? The boy should be wrapped in cotton wool and kept for the Final. I hope Amuneke behave and keep him away from the Semi-Final so he's not injured.

Any football person can see Bamgboye, who incidentally had been Red carded and Yellow carded already in previous matches, and is sitting on a YELLOW card is the one most at risk of picking another card. Twice after that hand ball my heart was in my mouth as he chases the Brazilians and almost pulled them back. If he gets another card, he not only miss the Semis, but Final or 3rd place match as well.

So why protect him? Cos he might be needed in the Final in case of injuries in the Semi-Final. Osimhen is not under such risk because he was not tackling like Bamgboye. Mr head scratchers smh.
curve whiz lone strikers burn up more energy than any other player on the pitch. Almost every run they make is at top speed.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Gotti wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Curve whiz wrote: Why do you guys always think you know more than the Coach? The team lose, younpeople will moan, they win you moan too.

I am even sure a lot of you came here hoping the team would lose so you can write a thesis on how Amuneke is a fraud and Agent etc.

Infact on clown ITK is already listing names of players dropped from the team as evidence of some wrong by the coaching team as if the ones not here are the messiah. The coach selected and trained these boys, he knows who to remove and who to keep in play. You can scratch your head all you want.

Another angel* claimed he would not watch the matches, yet came here during the match yarning okpaks about stolen Television...

Like my Uncle always say..it's only criminals who always assume everyone is a thief like they are because they are no good and criminally bankrupt they don't think anyone can do anything right cos they can't. An example is one angel* on Facebook slagging off Nigerians as corrupt, ***** etc in a thread with his Oyinbo friends, until his Ex girlfriend expose the fool as having used his Cousin's British passport to travel to UK in 1998.
Bros, are you ok? Who is wishing the team ill luck? Read the entire thread again and figure out what people are questioning. We won and we are all excited but it doesn't mean we can't ask questions about certain aspects of the game. By asking questions that is how you get informed. BTW, the clown you are slagging off for naming the players dropped was actually buttressing the reason why the coach wasn't making too many personnel changes in the match rather than insinuating any wrong doing. Chill man.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Bro, abeg help us ask am...

Nobody is positing to know more about the team than its coach, but if any coach is going to make a 90th minute sub, there's no rationality why it should not have been arguably the most important player in your team who is a slip, a tired leg stuck out, a silly foul or a ref mistake (or harsh decision) from missing the semi-final - not to mention the real possibility of injury the way those Brazilian tackles were flying in frustration. If nothing else, the kid gets a huge round of applause (which he richly deserved). Reality is that we dodge a significant bullet there - Emenike getting hurt at ANC 2013 in the dying minutes of a game that we were comfortably 4-1 up should have been a seminal lesson. But let's just move on.
It's a Goal, you should speak for yourself. See, I am sure if the result is different, the thread story would have been different. There are people wishing the team ill-luck and they know themselves. As soon as we hit a bad patch we go know.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Curve whiz wrote:
African Star wrote:Mali is the best team at this U17 world cup, very sound tactically, defensively with a smart coach that makes prudent and tactically astute adjusments. I see now why they are African champions and have yet to concede a goal from open play at this tournament. Some less selfish play in the attack would have seen them win by a huge margin.

Thank you...when Naija beats them it will then be cos we are overage or we are lucky. No wahala.
There is no more overage issue since MRI, the boys all look young not like before so that issue has been put to rest everywhere else except on African forums with bad belleh people usually Ghanaians.

I am speaking strictly from a coaching point of view. Osimhen will be shut down by this Mali defense. He cannot outrun them, out muscle them and doesn't have the ball control to dribble them and the mali attack has the type of skills that historically gives Naija defenders problems and their midfield can maintain possession and pressure the ball. They are solid all around and that's why they are African champions.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

African Star wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:

There is no more overage issue since MRI, the boys all look young not like before so that issue has been put to rest everywhere else except on African forums with bad belleh people usually Ghanaians.

I am speaking strictly from a coaching point of view. Osimhen will be shut down by this Mali defense. He cannot outrun them, out muscle them and doesn't have the ball control to dribble them and the mali attack has the type of skills that historically gives Naija defenders problems and their midfield can maintain possession and pressure the ball. They are solid all around and that's why they are African champions.
This is actually true. On the flip side Nigeria are the most clinical team in this competition. I am actually surprised how far they've come and it seems our defense is deceptively strong . If Mali misses begging chances like they did towards the end of the game against Croatia it could be a long day if the meet Nigeria in the final.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man Mali looks good. with this team and their U20s doing well, I would not be surprised to see them make it to Russia in 2018.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Robotnik wrote:
African Star wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:

This is actually true. On the flip side Nigeria are the most clinical team in this competition. I am actually surprised how far they've come and it seems our defense is deceptively strong . If Mali misses begging chances like they did towards the end of the game against Croatia it could be a long day if the meet Nigeria in the final.
True Nigeria has the quality to beat Mali especially if Mali is wasteful with their opportunities.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Curve whiz wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Amuneke makes an idiotic mind-boggling change. Bamgboye will miss the next match and he is subbing him instead of Osimhen!! WTF!!
It is a head scratching decision :D. All we can say is the end justifies the means. He played him entire 90 minutes and the kid didn't pick up a yellow.
Why do you guys always think you know more than the Coach? The team lose, younpeople will moan, they win you moan too.

I am even sure a lot of you came here hoping the team would lose so you can write a thesis on how Amuneke is a fraud and Agent etc.

Infact on clown ITK is already listing names of players dropped from the team as evidence of some wrong by the coaching team as if the ones not here are the messiah. The coach selected and trained these boys, he knows who to remove and who to keep in play. You can scratch your head all you want.

Another angel* claimed he would not watch the matches, yet came here during the match yarning okpaks about stolen Television...

Like my Uncle always say..it's only criminals who always assume everyone is a thief like they are because they are no good and criminally bankrupt they don't think anyone can do anything right cos they can't. An example is one angel* on Facebook slagging off Nigerians as corrupt, ***** etc in a thread with his Oyinbo friends, until his Ex girlfriend expose the fool as having used his Cousin's British passport to travel to UK in 1998.
You must either be on autopost or simply skipped your afternoon Prozac. Go back and re-read the entire thread.....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Ekorian wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote: Amuneke makes an idiotic mind-boggling change. Bamgboye will miss the next match and he is subbing him instead of Osimhen!! WTF!!
It is a head scratching decision :D. All we can say is the end justifies the means. He played him entire 90 minutes and the kid didn't pick up a yellow.
Why do you guys always think you know more than the Coach? The team lose, younpeople will moan, they win you moan too.

You must either be on autopost or simply skipped your afternoon Prozac. Go back and re-read the entire thread.....
Are you sure you are alright? Not sure what you are on about but pls slow down your roll. I heard it's legal in North America but that's not a license to abuse it bro.
Last edited by Curve whiz on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

niyi wrote:
metalalloy wrote:CHeiiiii i forgot this game was today. Gaddemit. I need to find a download somehwere. :curse:
Replays are on the foxsoccer2go app if you have it.

thank you sir :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Reality ( :dream: ) Nigeria CAN ONLY WIN this tournament by fielding OVER-AGE players. However, if Nigeria loses then age no longer matters because it is because Nigerian coaches are incompetent and TACTICALLY CLUELESS. This will be the case at the end of this tournament. -- quoting CE analysts.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Ekorian wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Amuneke makes an idiotic mind-boggling change. Bamgboye will miss the next match and he is subbing him instead of Osimhen!! WTF!!
Let's not always pretend to know more than the coach. If Osimhen is struggling with fitness, It would make perfect sense to leave him on the pitch and instruct him not to defend or tackle. If the semis goes into extra time, he could be the difference with his pace. let's sometimes admit that we don't always know more than the coaching staff......
Abeg read your post again and see if it makes sense.
Do you know the difference between fatigue and fitness?
Is that the issue? What of giving the bench player a chance to experience the real match and gain some minutes. What about protecting your player from injury, another yellow etc? What if Osimhen gets an injury tomorrow - who is the replacement .. As I said, the decision was mind boggling and in my opinion idiotic.
Remember that the bulk of this team were dropped after the U17 tourney in Niger. They are still gelling and no one thought that they'll even make it out of the round Robin. I also expected Amunike to play reserves against Croatia as we have topped the group and he said that he played the starting 11 because his team is still work in progress. Could it be that he's using the last 20 minutes to experiment about the next game and have instructed the players on yellows not to tackle or defend? Plausible IMO.....
U-17 Niger 2015 ************** U-17 Chile 2015
Akpan David Udoh ************** Akpan David Udoh
Amos Innocent Benjamin ************** Amos Innocent Benjamin

Nwokoecha Chukwuebuka ************** Chisom CHIAHA
Abbas Usman ************** Lukman ZAKARI
Ayodeji Samuel Bamidele ************** Sunday ALIMI
Chibueze Sunday Kanu ************** Orji OKWONKWO
Lazarus John ************** Lazarus John
Maxwell Gold Paul ************** Edidiong ESSIEN
Saddam Awal ************** Tobechukwu IBE
Uko Anietie ************** Ejike IKWU
Abdullahi Suleiman ************** David ENOGELA
Kelechi Nwakali ************** Kelechi Nwakali
Kingsley Dogo Michael ************** Kingsley Dogo Michael

Christian Charles ************** Chinedu MADUEKE
Chukwueze Samuel ************** Samuel CHUKWUEZE
Ebere Christian Osinachi ************** Ebere Christian Osinachi
Nazifi Yahaya ************** Joel OSIKEL
Orji Okwonkwo ************** Funsho BAMGBOYE
Suleiman Muhammed ************** Chukwudi AGOR
Victor James Osimhen ************** Victor James Osimhen
----------------------- Udochukwu ANUMUDU
I went back to do some checking and what you stated has serious merit to it. Discounting the goalies, only 5 players that were in the Niger U-17 African Championship were retained. Amunike dropped 60% (a whopping 60%) from the Niger tournament. :shock: I never really paid attention to this until you mentioned it; that takes some guts to basically say I am virtually starting from scratch. Like you said, his decision to let Osimhen play the full 90 makes sense since the team is still gelling.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Just a few corrections in blue
okuns wrote:

I went back to do some checking and what you stated has serious merit to it. Discounting the goalies, only 5 players that were in the Niger U-17 African Championship were retained. Amunike dropped 60% (a whopping 60%) from the Niger tournament. :shock: I never really paid attention to this until you mentioned it; that takes some guts to basically say I am virtually starting from scratch. Like you said, his decision to let Osimhen play the full 90 makes sense since the team is still gelling.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Enugu II wrote:Reality ( :dream: ) Nigeria CAN ONLY WIN this tournament by fielding OVER-AGE players. However, if Nigeria loses then age no longer matters because it is because Nigerian coaches are incompetent and TACTICALLY CLUELESS. This will be the case at the end of this tournament. -- quoting CE analysts.
Hey Enugu i saw you on Twitter arguing with an ageologist who said that Nigeria leading Brazil by 3 goals in the first half is proof that the Nigerians are overage. That guy is so clueless. :lol:
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

Enugu II wrote:Just a few corrections in blue
okuns wrote:

Thanks EII...
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

okuns wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Amuneke makes an idiotic mind-boggling change. Bamgboye will miss the next match and he is subbing him instead of Osimhen!! WTF!!
Let's not always pretend to know more than the coach. If Osimhen is struggling with fitness, It would make perfect sense to leave him on the pitch and instruct him not to defend or tackle. If the semis goes into extra time, he could be the difference with his pace. let's sometimes admit that we don't always know more than the coaching staff......
Abeg read your post again and see if it makes sense.
Do you know the difference between fatigue and fitness?
Is that the issue? What of giving the bench player a chance to experience the real match and gain some minutes. What about protecting your player from injury, another yellow etc? What if Osimhen gets an injury tomorrow - who is the replacement .. As I said, the decision was mind boggling and in my opinion idiotic.
Remember that the bulk of this team were dropped after the U17 tourney in Niger. They are still gelling and no one thought that they'll even make it out of the round Robin. I also expected Amunike to play reserves against Croatia as we have topped the group and he said that he played the starting 11 because his team is still work in progress. Could it be that he's using the last 20 minutes to experiment about the next game and have instructed the players on yellows not to tackle or defend? Plausible IMO.....

You forgot Lazarus John and Orji Okonkwo in your count!
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

@ Curve Whiz --
Enugu II amended the count... The % reduced to 55% from the 60% I previously thought. Late to the game, but now I wonder why the drastic measure...
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

we won because we outclassed Brazil with our averaged players. No how, no way can an African team dominate its euro or s. American counterparts pound for pound. Enjoy the spoils but u know the truth. These r senior level players.

Signed TXJ.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

txj wrote:EDIDIONG ESSIEN:

1. Date of Birth: 26 November, 1999

2. Which technically makes him still 15 years old until the end of this month.

3. At the Africa U-17 Championships in February 2015, he was just two months past his 14th birthday!

It would be interesting to learn what secondary school he plays for....

My guy stop beating a dead horse, let's just enjoy the tournament and we can visit the matter 10 years from now.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

"We knew it was important for us to make the most of our opportunities, especially if we dominated the game at some point, but we didn't. Their goals were scored in only five minutes because of specific chances, not because we were not balanced. We would like to have put Nigeria behind on the scoreboard, but we failed to score. For these kids, everything that has happened here is part of their learning process," Carlos Amadeu, Brazil coach.

"Is not like we scored three goals and that was it. Before that our side had 15 very good minutes, when they moved the ball around as we knew they could. You have to give credit to my kids, who were tranquil and kept their cool to deal with the Brazil pressure and then scored at the right time. For them, to beat Brazil is a big confidence boost. We still have a long way to the title, though," Emmanuel Amuneke, Nigeria coach.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Never say never. Because we lost to them once doesnt mean that we will give up the fight before playing them.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote:
txj wrote:EDIDIONG ESSIEN:

1. Date of Birth: 26 November, 1999

2. Which technically makes him still 15 years old until the end of this month.

3. At the Africa U-17 Championships in February 2015, he was just two months past his 14th birthday!

It would be interesting to learn what secondary school he plays for....
Is anything stopping you from finding this out? Oh wait, you'll just continue to sit behind your computer asking others to do the work for you :roll:
U guys have finally given him the attention he so badly craves. Good luck! :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "