Manchester United move hard to turn down - Ighalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet
Manchester United move hard to turn down - Ighalo

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

PREMIER LEAGUE: Manchester United move hard to turn down - Ighalo

Odion Ighalo expects to remain at Watford for the foreseeable future but admitted Manchester United would be a tough club to turn down.

7 January 2016 07:59

Watford striker Odion Ighalo would find it hard to say no if Manchester United made an approach for his services but has played down the prospect of leaving Vicarage Road this month.

Ighalo has been one of the standout performers for Quique Sanchez Flores' side on their return to the Premier League - helping Watford to ninth in the table with 20 games gone.

The Nigeria international has 14 goals in 20 top-flight appearances this term, having also scored 20 times in the Championship last term as Watford went up as league winners.

Amid speculation linking him with a move to the likes of Atletico Madrid and Roma, Ighalo says he wants to stay in the Premier League, most likely at Watford.

But the 26-year-old acknowledged United would prove difficult to turn down.

Former Udinese and Granada man Ighalo told The Sun: "There has been speculation from Spain and Italy but I've played there and now want to play in England.

"I don't think I will be moving but I'm not sure I'd say no if United called.

"They were my team growing up. I loved watching Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke on TV.

"They were my idols and playing at Old Trafford has always been a dream."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/manche ... 26624.html
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United move hard to turn down - Ighalo

Post by pajimoh »

Simply put " Man United come and get me"
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Guy needs to shut up ... Why antagonize a supportive fan base smh .... Keep those thoughts to yourself or privately speak with United .... Watch the backlash now if he goes on a goals drought
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Can he stop using Cole and Yorke, Try and use more recent strikers as his hero.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Prince wrote:Can he stop using Cole and Yorke, Try and use more recent strikers as his hero.
:P :P :P :P
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

He has really piss me off with this statement,
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:He has really piss me off with this statement,
Why? You expect him to look forward to moving from one small club to another when he can join big teams with diverse and loaded trophy cabinet.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Why? You expect him to look forward to moving from one small club to another when he can join big teams with diverse and loaded trophy cabinet.
I dont like you calling our club small.My only piss is he should not have said anything as we know english people how to treat African when he is not doing the business.
Also our club has been a bigger club the last two years.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
I dont like you calling our club small.My only piss is he should not have said anything as we know english people how to treat African when he is not doing the business.
Big teams are defined by their history and trophy cabinet not league position in 2 seasons. Juventus was once demoted to Div 2, that doesn't give Lazio the liberty to claim superiority. Chelsea are the current champions and they don't claim to be bigger than Man United and they have won the Champions League :taunt:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Prince wrote:Can he stop using Cole and Yorke, Try and use more recent strikers as his hero.
He must be in his early thirties. Guy no smart ar all

:lol: :lol: :lol:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Strike while the iron is hot ?
Could be a great move but again, the pressure might be huge especially for a manager on his last legs
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Those were the days ...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kajifu wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Any worse than Nigerians treat OUR OWN PEOPLE when they are 'not doing the business'?
Keshi?
Manu Garba?
Mikel?
Musa?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :bump: :bump:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Man U is not interested
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anikulapo wrote:Guy needs to shut up ... Why antagonize a supportive fan base smh .... Keep those thoughts to yourself or privately speak with United .... Watch the backlash now if he goes on a goals drought
:agree:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL