Match Ratings per African Soccer

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Match Ratings per African Soccer

Post by YUJAM »

http://africanfootball.com/news/602962/ ... inst-Niger

by Staff Reporter
Monday Jan 18, 2016. 22:57
How Eagles rated against Niger in a CHAN 2016 Group C clash on Monday -

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6

The agile goalkeeper pulled off a big save, but he stood no chance against a thunderbolt delivered by Zakaria Adebayor for Niger’s only goal.

Chima Akas 5

The team skipper was tentative,withdrawn, and did not venture upfront he is used to doing. Is he still nursing his knee injury?

Matthew Etim 6

The Enugu Rangers rightback was great going forward and he delivered a couple of good crosses into the opponents’ goal area

Stephen Eze 5

He was slow and clumsy but made up for these shortcomings with his raw determination. His imposing physical presence made sure he was not beaten aerially.

Jamiu Alimi 4

He struggled from the first kick of the ball and was later booked after another late reaction. It was best for the team he was hauled off after 16 minutes. He has yet to recover from illness and should not have been risked in the first place.

Orji Kalu 6

The versatile defender fitted into Alimi’s position when he was introduced and he made a number of tackles and blocks to keep Niger at bay. However, he and the other defenders will be really tested by Tunisia on Friday more than what Mena attack could manage in this game.

Paul Onobi 5

He was hardly visible throughout the 90 minutes. He will need to step up going forward if he is to impose himself in the middle of the park.

Ifeanyi Matthew 6

Played it safe and threaded some good passes, but he can produce much more than what he did in this encounter

Bartholomew Ibenegbu 5

‘Mosquito’ was absence without being granted a leave. His ageing legs just couldn’t carry him all day long and it was just as well he was replaced with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Usman Mohammed 5

The FC Taraba skipper did his bit when he replaced Ibenegbu. He was eager to impress and he may well get a more decent run in subsequent games.

Osas Okoro 7

Lively forward who scored the opening goal and provided two assists. He could have impacted more on the game were he less selfish.

Prince Aggreh 6

The Sunshine Stars winger wasfull of running and got behind the Niger defence at least on two notable occasions but his decision making in front of goal was a big let-down.

Tunde Adeniji 6

His only contribution was his assist to Okoro for the opening goal and decoy runs, but he is top striker and what is expected of him are goals, and he did not deliver them on the day.

Chisom Chikatara 8

Man of the match. He scored a hat-trick after coming off the bench. His first goal was top-drawer, great presence of mind combined with superb technique. His positioning is top notch and had he been better composed inside the box, he would have plundered five goals. He is the man to lead Nigeria’s attack against Tunisia on Friday. No debate about this.

Nigeria vs Niger: Ikechukwu Ezenwa – Chima Akas (Skipper), Matthew Etim, Jamiu Alimi (Orji Kalu 16), Stephen Eze – Paul Onobi, Ifeanyi Matthew, Bartholomew ‘Mosquito’ Ibenegbu (Usman Mohammed 70), Osas Okoro – Tunde Adeniji (Chisom Chikatara 58), Prince Aggreh

Nigeria country page »
Nigeria Premier League 2015 tournament »
2016 CHAN tournament »
Niger`s profile »
Nigeria`s profile »
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Match Ratings per African Soccer

Post by 100%Naija »

Enugu is busy giving out 1s and 2s....see as them come still ya thunder with standard ratings. Okay o
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Paul Onobi 5

He was hardly visible throughout the 90 minutes. He will need to step up going forward if he is to impose himself in the middle of the park.

And yet he was still rated a 5? Are you kidding me?? What kinda rating is this :???:

And by the way, it looks like all the Igbo players were rated highly while non-Igbo players could hardly crack a 5 :( :shock:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Super Eagle wrote:
Paul Onobi 5

And yet he was still rated a 5? Are you kidding me?? What kinda rating is this :???:

And by the way, it looks like all the Igbo players were rated highly while non-Igbo players could hardly crack a 5 :( :shock:
come o, are you okay? :???: :???: :???:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

100%Naija wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Paul Onobi 5

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6
Orji Kalu 6
Ifeanyi Matthew 6
Osas Okoro 7
Chisom Chikatara 8

Do you see a pattern? How many non-Igbo players were rated anything above 5? Even the Igbo players who were described as slow and clumsy were still rated a 5 or higher. And the by the way, the team was made of over 75% Igbo players.

i wonder why :???:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Super Eagle wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Paul Onobi 5

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6
Orji Kalu 6
Ifeanyi Matthew 6
Osas Okoro 7
Chisom Chikatara 8

Do you see a pattern? How many non-Igbo players were rated anything above 5? Even the Igbo players who were described as slow and clumsy were still rated a 5 or higher. And the by the way, the team was made of over 75% Igbo players.

They need to go find their own country, how can they be the majority in a Nigerian team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

100%Naija wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Paul Onobi 5

Don't feed the troll bro. Ask the mods about the person behind this username. He was a Yoruba-hating poster in his last incarnation.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

okidoki wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Paul Onobi 5

Ikechukwu Ezenwa 6
Orji Kalu 6
Ifeanyi Matthew 6
Osas Okoro 7
Chisom Chikatara 8

They need to go find their own country, how can they be the majority in a Nigerian team. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Haha!! I seriously doubt it. If they do, what happens to all their shops at Idumota and Alaba international?
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

niyi wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Paul Onobi 5

Don't feed the troll bro. Ask the mods about the person behind this username. He was a Yoruba-hating poster in his last incarnation.
KPOM!