Who can stop Chelsea ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Who can stop Chelsea ?

Post by juventuss »

Out of
AC Milan
Juve / Liverpool
Lyon / PSV

which one of these teams can honestly stop Chelsea ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Only Ac Milan can beat this Chelsea team. The fianls will be very interesting. I beleive AC Milan is the better team but destiny seems to be on Chelsea's side.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Who can stop Chelsea ?

Post by theDunamis »

juventuss wrote:Out of
AC Milan
Juve / Liverpool
Lyon / PSV

which one of these teams can honestly stop Chelsea ?

Milan!!!!!! I honestly think only Milan can stop them, and it will take nothing less than their A-game on the day as well.

Juve can give them a run for their money, especially when one considers that it's gonna be two titanic managers in Capello and Mourinho squaring off in that battle (I tip Juve to win tmrw obviously); but I somehow can't see this Juve team prevailing over Chelsea. Chelsea have shown the ability to be as multi-dimensional as any team needs to be to win in Europe. Juve haven't and probably can't.

One thing I can say for sure is this, if Chelsea should win the CL title this year, they deserve all possible respect and more. Cos (all things being equal) the list of teams they would have conquered will read: Barcelona, Bayern, Juve, Milan. Surely there could hardly be a more tasking route to a title.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Milan are ery good, but chelsea plays with thier brain, and they have the worlds best coach.

Robben should be back then.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

kaycee2g wrote:Milan are ery good, but chelsea plays with thier brain, and they have the worlds best coach.

Robben should be back then.
from what i see today Milan will win this CL, Shevy is baaaaaaaaaaaaack !! He scored one of the best goals in CL since his return. Ancelotti is the best coach in Italy and 2003 Champion, he's capable of outsmarting Mourinho. I think team with the best coach will win this year's CL cos all the teams left have great players.
rust09
Egg
Egg

Post by rust09 »

Indeed Milan look eminently formidable. Hopefully it'll turn out to be a Chelsea-Milan final just to see 2 great tacticians squaring off. Let's not jump the gun though. Still a lot of football to be played and at this juncture nothing can be taken for granted.

If anyone can find a way to beat Milan, it'll be Mourinho!
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Milan Vs Chelsea is going to be very interesting, lots of tactics. One thing though it might be one hell of a boring game as both teams are very solid defensively. I tip Milan to win.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

If it ends up being Chelsea vs Milan, expect a very interesting game, AC milan would want to slow the game down while chelsea would want a fast paced game and might fall back on the long ball tactic. That would not work against Milan.

but who knows... game still full ground
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

juventuss wrote:If it ends up being Chelsea vs Milan, expect a very interesting game, AC milan would want to slow the game down while chelsea would want a fast paced game and might fall back on the long ball tactic. That would not work against Milan.

Only problem is that in the final "Anything can happen" :x :x
To God be the glory
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

juventuss wrote:If it ends up being Chelsea vs Milan, expect a very interesting game, AC milan would want to slow the game down while chelsea would want a fast paced game and might fall back on the long ball tactic. That would not work against Milan.

You are having a laugh. Chelsea love to slow the game down. They prefer the calm game, and then counter attack.
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

I said it from day one that Chelsea had a big shot at the Champions League title. Now all you have to do is watch Chelsea win it. No amount of 'hating' can stop them. They are simply the best there is and Mourinho is simply outstanding. Great game from Chelsea. In the beginning they said Barca would stop them (which I hoped would happen) it did not happen, then they said Bayern had all it took to send Chelsea packing, again, that failed to happen. Now who will be the next to be assigned the duty of stopping the 'great' Chelsea side? Personally, I dont see any team tough enough at this moment in time.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

kaycee2g wrote:

You are having a laugh. Chelsea love to slow the game down. They prefer the calm game, and then counter attack.
watch JM flip the script. If you rely on counter-attack to defeat milan, good luck. Thats why i think JM would come out with a totally different game plan.

FORZA JUVE
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

This discussion reminds me of the hype that surrounded the potential Real Madrid-Arsenal semi-final last year. We all remember what happened so don't jump the gun!
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Olympique Lyon might surprise all of you by taking the title....the same way Porto surprised everyone last year.
Last edited by Mudi E on Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
rust09
Egg
Egg

Post by rust09 »

Mudi E wrote:Olympique Lyon might surprise all of you by taking the title....the say way Porto surprised everyone last year.

If you're backing them against Milan i'd take you on in a bet.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

kaycee2g wrote:You are having a laugh. Chelsea love to slow the game down. They prefer the calm game, and then counter attack.

Kaycee2g, it depends on the team they are playing among other factors. Against Barca at Camp Nou, they tried hard and succeeded many times in playing the slow-paced deliberate game. However, against the same team at Stamford Bridge, we saw Chelsea wanting exactly that fast-paced game and using it to their fullest advantage as they carved up Barca in 20minutes. Like I said, this ability to be multi-dimensional is what stands Chelsea apart from other EPL teams. Just watch tomorrow as Liverpool get frustrated!!!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

rust09 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:Olympique Lyon might surprise all of you by taking the title....the say way Porto surprised everyone last year.

If you're backing them against Milan i'd take you on in a bet.

Heck, I'd bet too. Yeah yeah, football is a game of 11 men, but abeg, this Milan team is not your average Joe no matter what Deportivo wanted us to think last year. :wink:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

From the onset even though I supported Arsenal, I had picked Milan to go all the way...I even stated that they are the only team that can stop Chelsea.

After seeing the way Chelsea has been playing, I cannot confidently beat my chest and say they will win the UCL. Not because I think chelsea is the best team but because it seems Chelsea is just predestined to go all the way.

Not to take anything away from Chelsea cos they are a very good team, one cannot overlook the amout of luck that seems to fall their way. Ricochets, deflections bounces etc just seem to fall for them. Look at Lampard's recent goals; deflections of harmless balls but when it's the other way like Huth's deflection, it rebounds off the upright. The exact same goal Terry scored last minute against Barca, was cleared on the goal line by Chelsea. Things just seem to be going well for them and when that happens you can't help but wonder what if.

So left to me it seems Chelsea have been earmarked for this trophy but if any team can stop them it's AC Milan.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

theYemster wrote:From the onset even though I supported Arsenal, I had picked Milan to go all the way...I even stated that they are the only team that can stop Chelsea.

After seeing the way Chelsea has been playing, I cannot confidently beat my chest and say they will win the UCL. Not because I think chelsea is the best team but because it seems Chelsea is just predestined to go all the way.

Not to take anything away from Chelsea cos they are a very good team, one cannot overlook the amout of luck that seems to fall their way. Ricochets, deflections bounces etc just seem to fall for them. Look at Lampard's recent goals; deflections of harmless balls but when it's the other way like Huth's deflection, it rebounds off the upright. The exact same goal Terry scored last minute against Barca, was cleared on the goal line by Chelsea. Things just seem to be going well for them and when that happens you can't help but wonder what if.

So left to me it seems Chelsea have been earmarked for this trophy but if any team can stop them it's AC Milan.
i watched chelsea vs Barca and i saw Chelsea vs B. munich. I have to say it, there's a confidence that I have in chelsea when it comes to champions league that I dont have in any other English side. Chelsea will be in the finals. Their manager is a genius. (And i am an arsenal fan) They can play whatever style is needed. Slow game, defensive game, counterattack, long ball, flair game ( when robben is around). And they can really defend. I am sure mourinho does his homework really well before getting on the field. I wish arsenal could say the same.

We play a style thats not conducive for europe. and year in, year out, we stick to the same style. The quick cutting, fancy passing, through ball soccer will not work in Europe. When will AW learn. And champions league is for established superstars, not upcoming schoolboys. :evil: maybe AW should take summer classes under JM at Stamford bridge ahead of next season.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

theYemster wrote:From the onset even though I supported Arsenal, I had picked Milan to go all the way...I even stated that they are the only team that can stop Chelsea.

Trudat about the luck of those bounces, so to speak, going Chelsea's way. But u know the saying, u make ur own luck, because on the flip side, I think it would be fair to also note that Chelsea have also had calls that were if not clearly wrong or at least heavy-handed, simply smack of pure ill-luck - a red card and a penalty in the Barca tie; and another iffy penalty against them in the Bayern tie.

Bayern had every opportunity to take this match by the scruff of its hard-to-get neck in the first 25 or so minutes but they frittered away chance after half chance, by even their most trusted player. They I guess threw their luck away.

P.S. I just read these words in a British paper and in my opinion they point to a big part of Chelsea's current swagger:

"Barcelona ’s bewitching Brazilian can do things that are beyond Lampard, but whereas he can light up a game, the Chelsea man can snuff one out."
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I hate to burst the bubble, and I'm a Chelsea fan by the way, but I don't like the momentary loss of concentration towards the end of the last 3 games. Chelsea cannot afford to make that mistake against Milan and Juve.

I hope the problem is down to Mourinho not been on the bench and hope they work on it. Italian team have cancelled out 4 goal lead in the last 15 minutes of a match before and any overconfidence will kill Chelsea especially if Juve plays home last.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

IMHO, if Juve get past liverpool tomorrow, they will beat chelsea :lol: :lol:
No shaking. But lets get past liverpool first.

FORZA JUVE
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

juventuss wrote:IMHO, if Juve get past liverpool tomorrow, they will beat chelsea :lol: :lol:
Pally before the Barca games I felt the same but not any more.

Besides, I would rather a Milan-Chelsea final...memories of two years ago still linger painfully.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯