Breaking News: OLISEH RESIGNS!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

seyiblack
Egg
Egg
Re: Breaking News: OLISEH RESIGNS!!!

Post by seyiblack »

All of a sudden, Stephen Keshi doesn't seem as bad. I hope Oliseh can now appreciate the position previous coaches found themselves in. Anyone can sit in front of TV cameras and overanalyze how they would manage a team in a chaotic environment like Nigeria.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Well, on to the next. :|
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

seyiblack wrote:All of a sudden, Stephen Keshi doesn't seem as bad. I hope Oliseh can now appreciate the position previous coaches found themselves in. Anyone can sit in front of TV cameras and overanalyze how they would manage a team in a chaotic environment like Nigeria.
Many on this very forum need to appreciate that point too.
Can't believe people think Oliseh's position is in any way an act of sabotage, cowardice or irrationality.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
seyiblack wrote:All of a sudden, Stephen Keshi doesn't seem as bad. I hope Oliseh can now appreciate the position previous coaches found themselves in. Anyone can sit in front of TV cameras and overanalyze how they would manage a team in a chaotic environment like Nigeria.
Can't believe people think Oliseh's position is in any way an act of sabotage, cowardice or irrationality.
All three combined.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bouncino wrote:
felarey wrote:Unbelievable what I'm reading here. Welldone Oliseh, if his employers are violating the terms of their contract, the honourable thing is to resign. This is a good development. I don't know why anyone will want a coach that goes 1 day without payment. Let's pack it up and withdraw if we can't pay coaches and players. I could only hope the light shine on these problems lead to better outcomes. It's unprofessional to be going months without pay n stay on the job.
You dey mind them.
We should be asking for the resignation of NFF members not berating the Oliseh. How would you react if your contract is repeatedly being violated? Unpaid salaries, being told to report to a technical committee of peers and jnrs alike etc.
The fact that Keshi and co took the rubbish from them does not make it a standard mode of operation.
I think the issue here isnt whether Oliseh has the right to resign...clearly he does. It's not about absolving the NFF of blame either cos clearly they are culpable.

However it's the same issues and more that Keshi faced and yet was still able to deliver the AFCON title and a world cup second round. The same Keshi that Oliseh repeatedly criticized and now he is whining for being criticized.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

theYemster wrote:
bouncino wrote:
felarey wrote:Unbelievable what I'm reading here. Welldone Oliseh, if his employers are violating the terms of their contract, the honourable thing is to resign. This is a good development. I don't know why anyone will want a coach that goes 1 day without payment. Let's pack it up and withdraw if we can't pay coaches and players. I could only hope the light shine on these problems lead to better outcomes. It's unprofessional to be going months without pay n stay on the job.
You dey mind them.
We should be asking for the resignation of NFF members not berating the Oliseh. How would you react if your contract is repeatedly being violated? Unpaid salaries, being told to report to a technical committee of peers and jnrs alike etc.
The fact that Keshi and co took the rubbish from them does not make it a standard mode of operation.
I think the issue here isnt whether Oliseh has the right to resign...clearly he does. It's not about absolving the NFF of blame either cos clearly they are culpable.

However it's the same issues and more that Keshi faced and yet was still able to deliver the AFCON title and a world cup second round. The same Keshi that Oliseh repeatedly criticized and now he is whining for being criticized.
Oliseh hesitated to take the job because of these issues but eventually caved-in for the love of his country.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Enugu II wrote:HERE IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW

1. NFF will deny knowledge of Oliseh's resignation by claiming that Oliseh has not officially informed them.

2. Pinnick is currently in Switzerland for the FIFA Elections but I expect him to make it back to Abuja right after the FIFA vote and will be called in to meet with Minister Dalung.

3. Minister Dalung will call to speak to Oliseh to promise that he will be paid and will ask him back.

:lol: :lol:
Baba woli, I hail thee! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Oliseh made the appointment about himself not love of country. All other national team managers are owed money and anybody remotely connected to government knows their salaries are open to the down turn in the economy. Amunike was owed over 6 months but still came through for us.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
It is definitely one of those ...he knew the people he was working with before signing the contract.. perhaps you might want to add naivety as well. The truth is leaving the team and the players who look up to him in the lurch 3 weeks before a crucial encounter is nothing noble, leaving the aspiration of the nation of over 150 million people in tatters leaves nothing to admire.....so if one looks carefully one of those words fits.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

Goldleaf wrote:Memo to Mr Sunday Oliseh

Dear Sir,

When next you are tempted by a request to manage the Super Eagles of Nigeria, write a long list of Pros and Cons, paste it on your wall, pray, fast, call friends, relatives, Pastors, Imams, Counsellors and list out the Pros and Cons to them, get their feedback and then make a decision.

PROs

- You will always meet the ever cheerful Nigeria SE fan or supporter in a cafe, airport, bar, street who is just stupid, delirious, probably high on drink and drugs and most assuredly devoid of reason who wants to watch the SE beat the whole world without understanding the various hurdles placed in the path for the trainers and players. That stupid fan will want to take selfies and shake your hands vigorously and announce to the world that you are his close pal.
- You will unearth great unbelievable football talent and you will never recommend that talent to anybody (journalist, agent, friend etc) because you will be accused as an agent (of the player) and your reputation will fall to pieces.
- You will meet people in power and very famous faces in the footballing world.
- If you manage to win a tournament, you will likely receive a car, house and huge sum of money from philanthropists who are extremely surprised that you can be successful in a rotten environment.

CONS
- You will NOT get paid. You will fund yourself and your associates and even the players and don't bother submitting reimbursement requests
- Your team may be asked to play on laterite-only pitches (pitches of very poor quality and you must win with a free flowing passing style.
- You must win all matches and all tournaments.
- You may wake up and hear that your employers have sacked your assistant/s and you must never grumble.
- You must never make statements (private or public) that will criticise your employer even if they have abused your father and mother.
- You must tolerate working associates even though they may have made statements (in private or public) of how much they despise and hate you.
- You must stay in your job no matter the aggro from the above until your employer decides to sack you.
- If you should win a tournament and the govt announces your reward, it will take you 30 years and the luck of a returning President for you to receive your reward.
- Your working life will include working with mindless buffoons parading themselves as management of the NFF and you must never act on your impulse of buying a gun to blow their heads off their shoulders!
- You must be emotionally sound. If you must blow off every now and then, your Pastor, Imam, Counsellor, relatives must always be your sounding board.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

I am very surprised Venancity Eagle has not posted in this thread yet! He should be the next coach!

Cheers!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Chai! Naija. Blink for a second and you gonna miss "actionz".

Good luck to Sunny.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Rawlings wrote:why is there too much confusion in one country?

Is it true Jay Jay will be taking over?
I always wondered why Ghanians will die to be with anyone yellow. So much colo-mentality full there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Kabalega wrote:Peeps are just venting out of frustration.

Oliseh quit because the NFF failed to meet their contractual obligations, which you all know of, and the late payments, were the least of them.

Didn't the NFF recently state that, they would stop paying Oliseh's assistants, like they originally promised? How was Oliseh going to pay them, if he wasn't paid himself?

Then you have the NFF, try to hire Renard under Oliseh's nose. The same guys who fired Keshi for applying for a job while under contract, among other useless reasons. Oliseh, has now used that tactic, against them. Karma is a 6itch! :lol: :lol:

The fact is, that Nigeria will struggle to attract a decent FC after what happened with Berti Vogts. That is why the NFF has been indulging their sons (LCs) and taking them for granted.

But for the most part, none of this is new and I'm sure Oliseh was ready for it to some degree. Everyone has a breaking point and for Oliseh, it was not just the personal contractual stuff but what happened to his players.

AFAIK, I do not remember Berti Vogts, Lagerback, Amodu recently, or Siasia having to deal with their SE players being detained by a hotel due to non-payment of hotel bills. None!

Stuff like that damage the team at so many levels to list here. Some will say, nay, it's the home based team. Guess what? Those are the guys who can least afford to pay their own hotel bills and they will talk to their FBs about their ordeal.

If it happened to the FBs, they would at best, pay their bills and never honor another call-up. More than likely, they would wait for the NFF to pay and delay their return to their clubs. I will leave the worse case scenarios to your imagination.

Bottom line, you can screw with the coaches and still win, but when the wahala spills over to the players' accommodation, then, it becomes an emergency...
:clap: :clap: :agree:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

WOW.

Reading through this thread and you see the issues that are currently plaguing our country today. I see some ppl I respect as intellectuals spewing some hot garbage because of personal preferences. It is unbelievable.

My take.

Oliseh knows there is a crucial encounter coming up in 3 weeks and just yesterday in a public forum, was talking about the hard work being put in to make sure Nigeria scales that hurdle. Has anyone thought for one second what happened between yesterday and today???

People keep harping on that Keshi bullcrap. Talking about he worked under so and so conditions. FYI, Keshi was a SPIV. Call it like it is. He had an interest in coaching the team that goes beyond whatever the NFF was paying him. He needed that position. Here we have a coach who doesn't need the position and had continuously declined taking the position because he had a sense of issues at hand. He took the position under duress if we are being honest and made clear demands during the contract negotiation phase. So yes, rightly or wrongly, he felt entitled because the conditions that led to his employment made him feel entitled.
Olised did not need this job. Keshi needed it. That's the difference between the both of them.

And for that supersport story making the rounds that he was paid yesterday....utter horse manure! NFF again using the press as it deems.

And when was the last time someone in public office in Nigeria resigned because of principle? This resignation, in a functional federation, will spur an investigation into the mishandling of the funds of said federation. Instead we have a bunch of immature responses....talking about his stint as a freaking TV PUNDIT! Really?! His job was to analyze what he saw on the field of play and not off it. He could only speculate about off field issues. The punditry was for what's on screen. Tactical analysis. Instead, a bunch of vindictive fans are using his tactical analysis as a whip to flog him with. Utter nonsense.

I am really disappointed in CE today.

In the words of Robby, a damn shame if you ask me.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Ugbowo wrote:WOW.

Reading through this thread and you see the issues that are currently plaguing our country today. I see some ppl I respect as intellectuals spewing some hot garbage because of personal preferences. It is unbelievable.

My take.

Oliseh knows there is a crucial encounter coming up in 3 weeks and just yesterday in a public forum, was talking about the hard work being put in to make sure Nigeria scales that hurdle. Has anyone thought for one second what happened between yesterday and today???

People keep harping on that Keshi bullcrap. Talking about he worked under so and so conditions. FYI, Keshi was a SPIV. Call it like it is. He had an interest in coaching the team that goes beyond whatever the NFF was paying him. He needed that position. Here we have a coach who doesn't need the position and had continuously declined taking the position because he had a sense of issues at hand. He took the position under duress if we are being honest and made clear demands during the contract negotiation phase. So yes, rightly or wrongly, he felt entitled because the conditions that led to his employment made him feel entitled.
Olised did not need this job. Keshi needed it. That's the difference between the both of them.

And for that supersport story making the rounds that he was paid yesterday....utter horse manure! NFF again using the press as it deems.

And when was the last time someone in public office in Nigeria resigned because of principle? This resignation, in a functional federation, will spur an investigation into the mishandling of the funds of said federation. Instead we have a bunch of immature responses....talking about his stint as a freaking TV PUNDIT! Really?! His job was to analyze what he saw on the field of play and not off it. He could only speculate about off field issues. The punditry was for what's on screen. Tactical analysis. Instead, a bunch of vindictive fans are using his tactical analysis as a whip to flog him with. Utter nonsense.

You be correct guy :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Damunk wrote:
bouncino wrote:
You dey mind them.
God bless you both!
People can't see beyond the possibiity of failing to qualify for AFCON.
This is about fixing a fundamental issue for eternity.

What is the point of qualifying for AFCON only to fail to qualify for the WC a year later for the same freaking reasons?

Three correct guys talking sense :clap: :clap: :clap:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ugbowo wrote:WOW.

My take.

I am struggling to think of anything that will justify him quitting at this stage. Most people know the NFF is a difficult bunch, they are not choir boys. You have to be mentally strong to coach Nigeria. You can't quit because you feel like you were disrespected by the NFF. I heard that he collected the salaries. You have to be able to handle criticism. You have to be able to work in a bad working environment. It is the nature of the job.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Cmoke wrote:Oliseh's resignation in itself no be big deal. His replacements full ground!

However, this is the second time Oliseh attempts to screw Naija. Why wait for the dying days to an important match before u resign?

When he quit the national team before world cup and convinced Agali to join him, we already knew what he could do.

After all, NFF don promise to pay am after dem pay CCC, Berti and Sia finish!

Cmoke :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Ahem bros .. he didnt quit .. they excluded him and told him he and others must beg to come back ...
Okocha, Kanu and West begged ro come back Oliseh and Finidi refused to beg. Agali resigned on his own on the basis of principle ..

Larger point which you appear to miss is that Nigerian soccer suffered for over a decade after Oliseh left the set up . We didnt make it to an ANC Final for 11 years and we didn't win a world cup game for 12 years after Oliseh left
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Ugbowo.
If Oliseh was a Foreign coach, the underlined would be understandable. Oliseh, played and captained the national team, as captain he would have been aware of this. Your predecessor complained about his salaries not been paid and sabotage and you suddenly believe your reign will be different.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Let me just come out and say this, i am happy Oliseh quit ,because i myself will not work for free... 2nd if this gets Enyeama back to the SE , i will be very excited as well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ok, I'm more interested in the contingency plan than this unnecessary drama. Kinda messed up to quit a few weeks to an important set of qualifiers, especially this non payment issue had existed for a while (abi isn't he owed 4 months salary?). Take a cue from how Keshi handled his issues at the ANC, he waited, won the cup then sent in his resignation, and they had no reason but to respect him and do what they needed to retain him. Hopefully they are able to convince him to continue on.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
segebaba
Egg
Egg

Post by segebaba »

Its such a shame. :curse: : :curse: ..i bet in a few minutes some will say Oliseh should have gone unpaid for the love of the country blah blah blah. as if the man doesnt have a family and bills to pay..this even makes me have more respect for Big boss keshi, it seems our administrators are masters of putting obstacles in coach's ways and then we wonder why they dont win. Even Sir Alex, Mourinho, Pep would never succeed in Nigerian conditions. Its a shame sha
those who fail to plan, plan to fail........

"Valdez comes out & spits the verbiage like Mussolini at the balcony", lol...
"Puyol almost got caught w his knickers down" Lmao!
"Messi could follow u into a revovling door and still come out first"
"It's the maestro himself, the puppeteer who turns into the daggerman..", lol...