Euro 2016 squads

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Euro 2016 squads

Post by theYemster »

The France team can pretty much pass for an African team. Golly!!! :shock:

Europeans still colonizing us. lol
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Der Maschinen team :mrgreen:

GERMANY
(provisional 27-man squad)
Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich), Marc-Andre ter Stegen (Barcelona), Bernd Leno (Leverkusen).
Defenders: Jerome Boateng (Bayern Munich), Jonas Hector (Cologne), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Howedes (Schalke), Shkodran Mustafi (Valencia), Emre Can (Liverpool), Sebastian Rudy (Hoffenheim), Antonio Rudiger (Roma).
Midfielders: Sami Khedira (Juventus), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Mesut Ozil (Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (Wolfsburg), Karim Bellarabi (Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United), Joshua Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Julian Brandt (Leverkusen), Julian Weigl (Borussia Dortmund), Leroy Sane (Schalke).
Forwards: Lukas Podolski (Galatasaray), Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich), Mario Gomez (Besiktas), Mario Gotze (Bayern Munich), Andre Schurrle (Wolfsburg).

Germany amaze me with how they NEVER lose faith with below average club strikers like Podolski and Gomez. They did the same with Klose and it paid off for them. Anyway, pity that Gündogan is going to miss the Euros with an injury. I can't wait to see Marco Reus in action for Germany in a major tournament.

Wha choo looking at?!
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Damn Podolski still gets international call-ups granted have seen the guy player this season, so I am not sure if he had good season or not.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Podolski is probably just there for the atmosphere within the team. At the last World Cup Großkreutz, Durm and Schmelzer did not play a single minute while Draxler only played 15 minutes when Germany was leading by 5 goals. Löw probably thinks that squad places 21-23 are not that important anyway.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Where is the Dutch squad? I am picking Holland to win it all! Go Orange! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

:winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Honesty I will say it again if England had a better coach they could win this tournament ... This is wide open sha. Griezmann is the lone striker for Francais and that's their only weakness but I am picking the English as my dark horse here ....
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

King Futcha wrote:sleeper squad with Alaba running the show from midfield.

Full squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Almer (Austria Vienna), Heinz Lindner (Eintracht Frankfurt), Ramazan Ozcan (Ingolstadt).

Defenders: Aleksandar Dragovic (Dynamo Kiev), Christian Fuchs (Leicester City), Gyoergy Garics (Darmstadt), Martin Hinteregger (Borussia Monchengladbach), Florian Klein (Stuttgart), Sebastian Proedl (Watford), Markus Suttner (Ingolstadt), Kevin Wimmer (Tottenham).

Midfielders: David Alaba (Bayern Munich), Marko Arnautovic (Stoke City), Julian Baumgartlinger (Mainz), Martin Harnik (Stuttgart), Stefan Ilsanker (RB Leipzig), Jakob Jantscher (Luzern), Zlatko Junuzovic (Werder Bremen), Valentino Lazaro (Salzburg), Marcel Sabitzer (RB Leipzig), Alessandro Schoepf (Schalke).

Forwards: Lukas Hinterseer (Ingolstadt), Rubin Okotie (1860 Munich), Marc Janko (FC Basel).
If they can repeat their qualifier form this team can go all the way with Alaba, Dragovic, Fuchs, Wimmer, Hinteregger, Junuzovic and Arnautovic.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

mcal wrote:...England squad picked on sentiment as do Nigerian coaches. Example Wilshere has no beef going to euro. Their backline lack leadership, Smalling can go so far, Cahill is prone to mistakes. Their strongest is up front, that is if Rashford, Kane, Vardy can replicate their season feats. I see France winning it all.
Would be nice to see Dier and Stone playing CD
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

bushboy wrote:My sleeper team is Croatia.
Dem too :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Internet gangster
Troll
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

mmeny wrote:Damn Podolski still gets international call-ups granted have seen the guy player this season, so I am not sure if he had good season or not.
He had a good season plus you need leadership in the locker room, training field and on the bench.
Internet gangster
Troll
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

rasak74 wrote:
mcal wrote:...England squad picked on sentiment as do Nigerian coaches. Example Wilshere has no beef going to euro. Their backline lack leadership, Smalling can go so far, Cahill is prone to mistakes. Their strongest is up front, that is if Rashford, Kane, Vardy can replicate their season feats. I see France winning it all.
They would be eaten alive in europe...i hope you too have not fallen for the Stones hype. The boy has potentials....but he is not up to the level he is being hyped.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
brigadoon
Egg
Egg

Post by brigadoon »

anikulapo wrote:Honesty I will say it again if England had a better coach they could win this tournament ... This is wide open sha. Griezmann is the lone striker for Francais and that's their only weakness but I am picking the English as my dark horse here ....
I agree with you. Roy of the Rovers no be am ...
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

anikulapo wrote:Honesty I will say it again if England had a better coach they could win this tournament ... This is wide open sha. Griezmann is the lone striker for Francais and that's their only weakness but I am picking the English as my dark horse here ....
:lol: :lol: :lol: We'll soon find out how "great" those EPL players are against real quality.

France won the WC without a half decent striker. The problem with this French team is that apart from Payet (if he steps up), there's little creativity.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How many "Nigerians" will be playing at EURO2016? I see 3

1 English Nigerian
2 Austrian Nigerian

are there more?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

France are favorites for me. That team should win within the next 2 tournaments. They are young and very talented. Ben Arfa and Lacazzette didn't even make it
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

Blukyt wrote:France are favorites for me. That team should win within the next 2 tournaments. They are young and very talented. Ben Arfa and Lacazzette didn't even make it
Bold and big gamble
Internet gangster
Troll
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Rawlings wrote:How many "Nigerians" will be playing at EURO2016? I see 3

1 English Nigerian
2 Austrian Nigerian

are there more?
If Italy bring their striker from Anderlecht and the guy from West Ham they will have two. Other than that I don't know.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Undertaker wrote:Where is the Dutch squad? I am picking Holland to win it all! Go Orange! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Holland did not qualify. :boo: :boo: :boo:

:winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Squad

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Porto), David de Gea (Manchester United), Sergio Rico (Sevilla)

Defenders: Jordi Alba, Gerard Pique, Marc Bartra (all Barcelona), Sergio Ramos, Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets, Andres Iniesta (both Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City), Mikel San Jose (Athletic Bilbao), Koke, Saul Niguez (both Atletico Madrid), Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Isco (Real Madrid), Bruno Soriano (Villarreal)

Forwards: Pedro Rodriguez (Chelsea), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Aritz Aduriz (Athletic Bilbao), Nolito (Celta Vigo), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys don start with hyping again.England are average at best and will be out when face with better quality team.
France might have home advantage but have a clueless coach
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

France, Germany, and Spain are the favorites. With Ronaldo, Portugal has a chance to go far. Italy could spring a surprise too.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Ugbowo wrote:I still think France has the best squad on paper

Goalkeepers: Benoit Costil (Rennes), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Steve Mandanda (Marseille).

Defenders: Lucas Digne (Roma), Patrice Evra (Juventus), Christophe Jallet (Lyon), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Eliaquim Mangala (Manchester City), Jeremy Mathieu (Barcelona), Bacary Sagna (Manchester City), Raphael Varane (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Crystal Palace), Lassana Diarra (Marseille), N'Golo Kante (Leicester), Blaise Matuidi (Paris Saint-Germain), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle).

Forwards: Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich), Andre-Pierre Gignac (Tigres), Olivier Giroud (Arsenal), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Anthony Martial (Manchester United), Dimitri Payet (West Ham).

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z48q530mju
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Damn France is blessed with ballers.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

oloye wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
They would be eaten alive in europe...i hope you too have not fallen for the Stones hype. The boy has potentials....but he is not up to the level he is being hyped.
Stones is definitely quality but he needs a solid manager to coach him up. R Martinez is a fraudster and has been found out. No more EPL work for him until he rehabs his CV via championship or another league in Europe.

So I agree that smalling and Cahill are their best CB pairing. If they can develop chemistry, they will be ok. Smalling is more impressive than Cahill who tends to loose concentration at times. But in terms of big game experience, neither is lacking.

By the way, the French team is quite delicious but as always be sure to count in the usual suspects, Spain, Germany and Italy :thumb: