PORTUGAL WINS EURO 2016 - WELL DONE CRISTIANO RONALDO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Euro 2016

Post by Comrade Machel »

rasak74 wrote:2 African teams in the final :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:thumbs: :thumbs: always said Portugal and France my favourite european teamsteams for said reason. I don't mind if either team win but in my opinion france are the most balanced team in Europea. They have guile, steel andbthe hearts of lions. How they weathered the german assault in first half beautiful
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
oloye wrote:
platinum wrote:
rasak74 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:This is a shock result. Germany need to look at themselves.
Whatever...............They came into this game handicapped anyway.

VERY handicapped. No bite in attack.
And the coach did not help matters with the expired and burnt out engines. How Muller lasted 90minutes shows why a coach should not be allowed to stay too long on a job..complacency sets in.

Coaching no easy at all at all. NEVER have I envied them. Why do I say this?

If he'd pulled Muller and the guys wey enter nor do anything, na abuse on top abuse.. Muller has been the most reliable German scorer for years.
But then again, Muller was obviously off form and has been for a while now (even before this tournament).
Muller did nothing offered nothing. This is a different situation, ehen a player is struggling and out of sorts you take him out. This has nothing to do with tactical or whatever it is a simole change very much needed. Geez that clown even missed his penalty what else.....

Did hr win any header tonite, just point out one thing he did in 90 minutes other than whine to the ref.

You're correct. He was a liability all tournament long. Totally anonymous.

Na why I say coaching no easy. Imagine you be caoch wey get player who is usually ALWAYS reliable for you, then one tournament he just goes deathly quiet meanwhile for bench you really have no substitutes, what to do?
My brother that is the problem with complacency. I appreciate Muller ,i rate his technical ability and intelligence, but in this tournament he showed none. In this particular match he was shocking. The same reason that made him take out Schweinstiger should also be applied to another one who looked burnt out.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

oloye wrote:
Yiba wrote:
oloye wrote:
Yiba wrote:Oloye, Kim came to help in RB but it did not work today. He is a better CD.
You are kidding me..a CD and he did what led to the second

If you know his history in the Bundesliga, you would have pity on him. He rose within 12 months to the national team. He is a work in progress, but very good on a good day!
Okay ....but i am rating him in this match. All my comments is about this match my brother. E be like na ya team e dey play for :D
You got me there :wink: He is a Bayern Munich player
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

How many africans to win the euros?

France: Steve Mandanda (G, Marseille, DR Congo), Patrice Evra (D, Juventus, Senegal), Eliaquim Mangala (D, Manchester City, DR Congo), Adil Rami (D, Sevilla, Morocco), Bacary Sagna ( D, Manchester City, Senegal), Samuel Umtiti (D, Lyon, Cameroon), Ngolo Kanté (M, Leicester City, Mali), Blaise Matuidi (M, PSG, Angola), Paul Pogba (M, Juventus, Guinea) Moussa Sissoko (M, Newcastle, Mali).

Portugal: Eliseu (D, Benfica Lisbon, Cape Verde), William Carvalho (M, Sporting Portugal, Angola), Joao Mario (M, Sporting Portugal, Cape Verde), Renato Sanches (M, Bayern Munich, Cape Verde) Eder (A, Lille, Guinea Bissau), Nani (A, Fenerbahce, Cape Verde).
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

No surprises for me; thought Loew struggled a little with clarity of his ideas where Deschamps found his increasingly...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

txj wrote:No surprises for me; thought Loew struggled a little with clarity of his ideas where Deschamps found his increasingly...
After the fact
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Yiba wrote:
oloye wrote:
Yiba wrote:
oloye wrote:
Yiba wrote:Oloye, Kim came to help in RB but it did not work today. He is a better CD.

If you know his history in the Bundesliga, you would have pity on him. He rose within 12 months to the national team. He is a work in progress, but very good on a good day!
Okay ....but i am rating him in this match. All my comments is about this match my brother. E be like na ya team e dey play for :D
You got me there :wink: He is a Bayern Munich player
I knew it :D
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

anointed wrote:
txj wrote:No surprises for me; thought Loew struggled a little with clarity of his ideas where Deschamps found his increasingly...
After the fact
Scroll a few pages back...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Two things from this game:

1) How to beat France: Use of full backs against their narrow midfield diamond, kinda seems obvious really.

2) If you go behind against a Didier Deschamps team, you will realize that he wasn't one of the best defensive midfielders for nothing.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote:Two things from this game:

1) How to beat France: Use of full backs against their narrow midfield diamond, kinda seems obvious really.

2) If you go behind against a Didier Deschamps team, you will realize that he wasn't one of the best defensive midfielders for nothing.
Hence Moussa Sissoko

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

felarey wrote:How many africans to win the euros?

France: Steve Mandanda (G, Marseille, DR Congo), Patrice Evra (D, Juventus, Senegal), Eliaquim Mangala (D, Manchester City, DR Congo), Adil Rami (D, Sevilla, Morocco), Bacary Sagna ( D, Manchester City, Senegal), Samuel Umtiti (D, Lyon, Cameroon), Ngolo Kanté (M, Leicester City, Mali), Blaise Matuidi (M, PSG, Angola), Paul Pogba (M, Juventus, Guinea) Moussa Sissoko (M, Newcastle, Mali).

Portugal: Eliseu (D, Benfica Lisbon, Cape Verde), William Carvalho (M, Sporting Portugal, Angola), Joao Mario (M, Sporting Portugal, Cape Verde), Renato Sanches (M, Bayern Munich, Cape Verde) Eder (A, Lille, Guinea Bissau), Nani (A, Fenerbahce, Cape Verde).
See Ronaldo (Real Madrid, Nigeria) :thumbs:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

France v Portugal. 2000, and 2006..yall should go watch those games...solid final on Friday
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thank God yeye Germany are out.
Ozil and Payet were both disappointed,I was expecting them to lead their teams.
Also Germany coach should be sacked,his selection are rubbish.Camera man making the team explain it all...
Muller is overrated player and worst in this competition.
Shame to France to copy Iceland style after win the game with that clap.Hope Giroud and Kiss bring this to Arsenal.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:France v Portugal. 2000, and 2006..yall should go watch those games...solid final on Friday
Final is Sunday
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Bigpokey24 wrote:France v Portugal. 2000, and 2006..yall should go watch those games...solid final on Friday
That 2000 game was something else. Full heavyweight clash. Figo and Zidane at their finest.

It will be a good game Sunday. They'll both be cautious. I hope one scores early.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

platinum wrote:
Yiba wrote:
oloye wrote:

Bright future.
Very bright. In my opinion, one of the outstanding players for Germany in this tournament. A bit naive on occasion, but I'll take him to battle anyday.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Didn't watch the game but listening to post game commentary on Talksport ..:" MEZUT Ozil is the most overrated player in football today.... " Jason Cundy :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:Didn't watch the game but listening to post game commentary on Talksport ..:" MEZUT Ozil is the most overrated player in football today.... " Jason Cundy :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wonders shall never cease
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

anointed wrote:I've just been told who won the final

It's like this:
Italy beat Spain
Germany beat Italy
France beat Germany

What do you think?

TBJ will predict the winner on monday :rotf:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Didn't watch the game but listening to post game commentary on Talksport ..:" MEZUT Ozil is the most overrated player in football today.... " Jason Cundy :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wonders shall never cease
:rotf: :thumb: But never step up today.
Thank God he is out and will be back to Arsenal soon.
Why was he crying and camera man just dey beg Ozil?
Germany was lucky to get to this far,Italy should have won that PK
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Good game by Umtiti btw...

Tactical
Egg
Egg

Post by Tactical »

cyrilndo wrote:
anointed wrote:I've just been told who won the final

It's like this:
Italy beat Spain
Germany beat Italy
France beat Germany

What do you think?
Portugal beat France :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
We need to see Sinequanon's take first
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Deschamps looked dumbfounded in the early stages, squandering Greizman out wide for want of a 4-3-3. The Prince of Serendip stumbled upon the luck of Irish, ironically amd henceforth a France was born. Congratulations to him, them, felt the potential was there, crippled by conformity. Welldone to the grey git, one game from a place amongst the stars.