The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC-Related News & Developments for 2016/2017

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
On Bielik, I completely agree. In fact, in that under 21/23 team we have at least 3 potential world class players.
Who are the others?
Jeff Rene Adelaide and Willock.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Has any player dominated Hazard as many times as Bellerin? It's so shocking how well my son plays this dude every time they meet :laugh: he even ran away to change sides after being locked and tucked away by HB.

Shocking but true :woot: he must really miss Callumity Chambers :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
On Bielik, I completely agree. In fact, in that under 21/23 team we have at least 3 potential world class players.
Who are the others?

Long shots to be world class. :idea:

You don give up on Zelalem? :woot:

I will keep my eyes on my boy Crowley on loan .... He needs to take the next step. If Toral ever got his head out of his rear he could be a super talent but .... Oh well.

If Ramsey and the Ox I would ask for a loan move in January :idea:

Oh btw Jack was a big player for Bournemouth today as they bear Everton.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Who are the others?

I will keep my eyes on my boy Crowley on loan .... He needs to take the next step. If Toral ever got his head out of his rear he could be a super talent but .... Oh well.

Nope. Zelalem has been outstanding so far this season. Plays all the time with the senior players in training. He will get his chance.

Yep! Jack was very good today.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Who are the others?

Nope. He has been outstanding so far this season. Plays all the time with the senior players in training.

Who? Gedion? If so why you no mention am nah :woot:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:Since I was coaching my team to a masterpiece victory and didn't have the chance to watch the game live, I took my time to watch the DVR outside of the fog of a live match

Ratings

1. CECH: 8.0: didn't have much to do but made himself really big and denied a breakaway on Michy.

2. MONREAL: 6.0: has become one of the few constant negatives this season. His positioning and failure to closedown and deal with crosses have become magnified. Needs to get better.

3. HECTOR: 9.0: what a game by my son. Aside from making Hazard a frustrated phantom, who had to change sides just to have a breather, he made a last minute tackle to save a break on goal and had an assist with a pass on a platter for the second goal. Oh well, his price tag for next summers move to Barca just got higher :curse:

4. KOS : 7.0: had a few dodgy moments but other than that he dominated Costa in the physical and mental game ...

5. MUSTAFI: 8.0: Proper beast. For a man playing in his first London derby he was remarkably composed and unmoved. Amazing what you get when you spend money Arsene?

6. Le Coq:8.0: until his injury he was having a blinder. So dominant in breaking up play and shielding the defense .... A big loss for Arsenal.

7. SANTI: 6.0: whether twas by design or not, he just didn't seem to have the spring in the step that he had when Le Coq was on the field .

8. Iwobi: 8.5: the boy is good :thumb: :thumb: what else needs to be said. Composure, ball intelligence and quick feet. Nigeria is really blessed.

9. Ozil: 8.5: big step up game. This is the minimum that's expected from Mezut. His turn on Kante was amazing. I even felt embarrassed for Ngolo :rotf:

10. Walcott: 8.0: there is still hope

Alexis: 8.0: what else to be said that hasn't already be said. The boy is great
Na wa for this ya ratings o. I thought Santi played very well...at least an 8. I also don't think Monreal was half as bad as you make him. Giroud on the other hand....kai
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Who are the others?

Nope. He has been outstanding so far this season. Plays all the time with the senior players in training.

I mention am. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Who are the others?

I mention am. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Hahahahaha see wa yo man :taunt:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:HT 3-0 Arsenal

Typical Arsenal v Chelsea game one is team nervy, sloppy, shambolic, the other team ruthless & determined, the only difference today the latter is Arsenal
TG you have no ground to stand. Give props to whom it is due.
Exactly what's inaccurate about that quote?

The part where Chelsea were nervy, sloppy and Shambolic or the part that stated Arsenal were ruthless and determined?

AW focus this season is clearly to get best out of Ozil and Sanchez and today that mindset worked a treat. AW went all in on the ball quality of his team and it paid off handsomely as Ozil, Iwobi, Sanchez and Theo were immense, Arsenal played Chelsea off the park, the 3-0 final was extremely kind to Chelsea.

Kudos to AW he proved his detractors dead wrong today
You moaned about the team even before a ball was kicked. Classic Social Media rant, which had no basis in the reality of results. Admit, you were wrong. QED.

Nothing nervy and sloppy about Chelski, Arsenal pressed them into mistakes, just watch Coq destroy Cesc before he got injured.

I am just sad we lost Coq, who till he got injured had been our best player this season.
As I said in my post kudos to AW he proved his detractors dead wrong vs Chelsea.

Arsenal pressed quite well ala Liverpool @ Chelsea. Once again Chelsea ability to cope with the press was shockingly bad. Big admirer of Conte but if he's going to struggle with teams that press in the PL both he and Chelsea are in for one long season. Fair play to AW, to those who say he doesn't do tactics or watch film yesterday's game would suggest otherwise. Arsenal exploited Chelsea calamitous CB situation, Cahill and Luiz simply could not move the ball when pressed and again more credit to AW as he pimped out Kante main weakness a DM who's passing not at required standards to bail out CB's such as Cahill and Luiz.

Wenger simply owned Conte tactically, as for Arsenal it's clear AW is determined to get best of Ozil and Sanchez this season, if AW successfully converts Sanchez from winger to forward ala Henry whelp then there will truly be no limits to what this team can achieve.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Since I was coaching my team to a masterpiece victory and didn't have the chance to watch the game live, I took my time to watch the DVR outside of the fog of a live match

Ratings

1. CECH: 8.0: didn't have much to do but made himself really big and denied a breakaway on Michy.

2. MONREAL: 6.0: has become one of the few constant negatives this season. His positioning and failure to closedown and deal with crosses have become magnified. Needs to get better.

3. HECTOR: 9.0: what a game by my son. Aside from making Hazard a frustrated phantom, who had to change sides just to have a breather, he made a last minute tackle to save a break on goal and had an assist with a pass on a platter for the second goal. Oh well, his price tag for next summers move to Barca just got higher :curse:

4. KOS : 7.0: had a few dodgy moments but other than that he dominated Costa in the physical and mental game ...

5. MUSTAFI: 8.0: Proper beast. For a man playing in his first London derby he was remarkably composed and unmoved. Amazing what you get when you spend money Arsene?

6. Le Coq:8.0: until his injury he was having a blinder. So dominant in breaking up play and shielding the defense .... A big loss for Arsenal.

7. SANTI: 6.0: whether twas by design or not, he just didn't seem to have the spring in the step that he had when Le Coq was on the field .

8. Iwobi: 8.5: the boy is good :thumb: :thumb: what else needs to be said. Composure, ball intelligence and quick feet. Nigeria is really blessed.

9. Ozil: 8.5: big step up game. This is the minimum that's expected from Mezut. His turn on Kante was amazing. I even felt embarrassed for Ngolo :rotf:

10. Walcott: 8.0: there is still hope

Alexis: 8.0: what else to be said that hasn't already be said. The boy is great
Na wa for this ya ratings o. I thought Santi played very well...at least an 8. I also don't think Monreal was half as bad as you make him. Giroud on the other hand....kai

Well some of us have high expectations for Santi, so :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

As for Monreal, oh well .... Dude has not been up to the occasion yet and Gibbs saved a sure goal and looked ready to ball in front for his cameo ....watch that space

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

platinum wrote:
Nkume wrote:Having seen the replays, my only criticism is that we were NOT ruthless.
I think so too.
Same thing I said to the guys I watched it with. A Fergie coached ManU would've kept its foot on the pedal and completely obliterated Chelsea. I was hoping we'd at least repay the 6-0 bashing. Chelsea was certainly there for the taking. But still this was satisfying enough.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

Waffiman wrote:I, like the majority of Arsenal fans cheered and clapped for Cesc when he was subbed. He is still a Gooner.
Then, you all disappointed "us the real fans". That guy is no gooner. Forced his way out of Arsenal, had no qualms going to work with that cretin (Moronho), was actively urging ref to send off Gabriel. Pls, let those who want to boo him do it whenever they see him. He's a selfish so and so. I personally would just ignore him. But to clap him off the pitch? Pls
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

PapaK wrote:
Waffiman wrote:I, like the majority of Arsenal fans cheered and clapped for Cesc when he was subbed. He is still a Gooner.
Then, you all disappointed "us the real fans". That guy is no gooner. Forced his way out of Arsenal, had no qualms going to work with that cretin (Moronho), was actively urging ref to send off Gabriel. Pls, let those who want to boo him do it whenever they see him. He's a selfish so and so. I personally would just ignore him. But to clap him off the pitch? Pls

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let him keep enjoying life outside of the Emirates. Nonsense :roll: :roll: :roll: E go betts well well for those who booed him :thumb: :thumb:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:

Typical Arsenal v Chelsea game one is team nervy, sloppy, shambolic, the other team ruthless & determined, the only difference today the latter is Arsenal

The part where Chelsea were nervy, sloppy and Shambolic or the part that stated Arsenal were ruthless and determined?

AW focus this season is clearly to get best out of Ozil and Sanchez and today that mindset worked a treat. AW went all in on the ball quality of his team and it paid off handsomely as Ozil, Iwobi, Sanchez and Theo were immense, Arsenal played Chelsea off the park, the 3-0 final was extremely kind to Chelsea.

You moaned about the team even before a ball was kicked. Classic Social Media rant, which had no basis in the reality of results. Admit, you were wrong. QED.

Nothing nervy and sloppy about Chelski, Arsenal pressed them into mistakes, just watch Coq destroy Cesc before he got injured.

I am just sad we lost Coq, who till he got injured had been our best player this season.
As I said in my post kudos to AW he proved his detractors dead wrong vs Chelsea.

Arsenal pressed quite well ala Liverpool @ Chelsea. Once again Chelsea ability to cope with the press was shockingly bad. Big admirer of Conte but if he's going to struggle with teams that press in the PL both he and Chelsea are in for one long season. Fair play to AW, to those who say he doesn't do tactics or watch film yesterday's game would suggest otherwise. Arsenal exploited Chelsea calamitous CB situation, Cahill and Luiz simply could not move the ball when pressed and again more credit to AW as he pimped out Kante main weakness a DM who's passing not at required standards to bail out CB's such as Cahill and Luiz.

Wenger simply owned Conte tactically, as for Arsenal it's clear AW is determined to get best of Ozil and Sanchez this season, if AW successfully converts Sanchez from winger to forward ala Henry whelp then there will truly be no limits to what this team can achieve.
I think its done. Watch Sanchez and how he is relishing his striker role. The buzz he is getting from his new found position is infectious. Like I said before, we keep him fit, he is a 25 goals a season man. Sanchez just loves playing with Theo. Even when Theo was in, he saw Sanchez calling for the ball and tried to cross instead.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

PapaK wrote:
Chai! Bros, wish one now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let us forgive. He was once our son.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

PapaK wrote:
I understand your sentiment but I just don't have it in me to hate the guy. He, unlike Van Pu$sy, Odebayor, and the worst of the lot Nasrat served us well and left for his childhood/hometown team. I would've preferred him returning to another EPL team (aside from Chelsea, United and Spurs) but I'm with Waffib on this.

Nasri is the one I can't stand. Befittingly his career has stalled, both club wise and internationally.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
PapaK wrote:
Chai! Bros, wish one now? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let us forgive. He was once our son.

He is worse than the prodigal, who at least had the sense not to collude and collaborate with his fathers enemy.

Like i said let him rot under Stamford bridge ...nonsense

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:
PapaK wrote:
I understand your sentiment but I just don't have it in me to hate the guy. He, unlike Van Pu$sy, Odebayor, and the worst of the lot Nasrat served us well and left for his childhood/hometown team. I would've preferred him returning to another EPL team (aside from Chelsea, United and Spurs) but I'm with Waffib on this.

Nasri is the one I can't stand. Befittingly his career has stalled, both club wise and internationally.

PapaK and Anikulapo are just being mean :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: He went to Chelsea AFTER Arsene turned him down. Just like Peter Cech, he wanted to be in London....
That he went back to Barca, we can't blame him for that, just as we won't blame Iwobi if he someday left Arsenal to play for Enugu Rangers. And after AW rejected him, why begrudge him for going to Chelsea? Bade belle people :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:

Let me join Waffi in clapping for Arsenal's son, Francesc Fabregas. In fact, make I find his old Arsenal shirt buy and send to Anikulapo's pikins :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:

I think its done. Watch Sanchez and how he is relishing his striker role. The buzz he is getting from his new found position is infectious. Like I said before, we keep him fit, he is a 25 goals a season man. Sanchez just loves playing with Theo. Even when Theo was in, he saw Sanchez calling for the ball and tried to cross instead.

Another genius move by AW - like RVP, a late convert to the striker role but a means to prolong his career & make him more destructive to opponents. All that tracking back, doubling & tripling up out wide is off. He now has the opportunity to create a way of playing that position - & as Keown says, you can't play him tight.
His movement & workrate totally messes up the opposing DMs & FBs set up - he's getting fit now & slow big CBs are discovering religion.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffi, you sabi this Kelechi? The guy is too funny! Is this CIC? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/video]
AFCON 2019 sweet o

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

PapaK wrote:
tolahs wrote:Result.
Much needed - we now need consistency & hope AW uses the squad - if you prepare well, play with intensity - we can go 19-20 deep through Xmas.
People who don't appreciate mid week rest given to many of our players should try taking a look at Leicester & Chelsea today. They now need more rest b4 practice - LCFC has a CL game.
Hope Coq isn't out for over 6wks - Xhaka gotta understand you don't get time on the ball in the EPL - . his long passes though are killers to defenders - more puleeese.
I'm really concerned for the loss of Coq. He offers us some unique qualities that none of his rivals can match. Just checkout his stats so far for the season. Big loss. Hope his absence will be short term like Iwobi's
Xhaka & Elneny must now earn their corn - Coq gets a scan this week. Fingers crossed.

---------------------------
‏@afcstuff 20h20 hours ago
Arsenal's medical staff are worried about Francis Coquelin. Potentially may have damaged internal knee ligament. [RMC]
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The much maligned Walcott and should be sold Sanchez, coming good. Alexis has fantastic energy and makes up for his shortcomings in stature with ginormous graft and guile for days. Theo Nsofalcott, as has been argued times over, is the best goal-scoring winger at the club and arguably top five in the division. Simply put, a fully fit Theo Walcott is amongst Beloved's deadliest weapons. Unplayable. Glad to see the lad is putting the away and still showing terrific pace despite the injuries. Topnotch. T'is now or never for Wenger, the squad had been completed with the investment, to which is added the handicap of continuity. Chelsea, City, United have all changed managers and Leicester have lost a key pillar in their castle. The title is Beloved's to lose, a statement made 12 times in 12 years, some of which were backed with heavy wagers and no returns. The year is new.