Shearer: Only one world class player in the EPL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Shearer: Only one world class player in the EPL

Post by cic old boy »

kalamashaka wrote: With the exception of Barcelona/Argentina, which team in world football has a better #10 than Ozil (Ericksen is just a step below him, I think)?

Is Matthieu, for instance, a better CB than Kos?
Madrid got rid of Ozil. I doubt if he would have played in the WC if Reus was fit. I think Isco is better than him (and he can't hold down a place at Madrid).

Mathieu is a squad player at Barca.
http://www.naijiant.com/
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:
zee wrote: My man, when it comes to football & coaching, the Dean has the final say...................and the DEAN CALLED IBRA and POGBA world class and that settles it.

What's happening to Pobga and Ibra simply shows what a daft, cowardly coach can do to world class players. You remember king Pele warning BFA and Neymar's father, never to allow Neymar to play under the football coward.
I can bet my last penny that Klopp wouldn't buy any of those players if he had the chance. They are not mobile enough for him. He was just being polite when he praised them.

Cruyff nailed it on Ibra: "good technique for a bad player, bad technique for a good player." :lol: :lol:
Pogba is top world class............when you get compared to Platini and Zidane by folks like Massimo Mauro .
Although Massimo Mauro says that at the moment Pogba is not in the 'level' of Platini and Zidane, the mere fact that he says with 'hard work' he will be in the same class with messers Platini and Zidane settles this world class discussion.
If Pogba is not world class, then world class has lost it's meaning.

http://www.goal.com/de/news/843/serie-a ... se-spieler
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

zee wrote:
Pogba is top world class............when you get compared to Platini and Zidane by folks like Massimo Mauro .
Although Massimo Mauro says that at the moment Pogba is not in the 'level' of Platini and Zidane, the mere fact that he says with 'hard work' he will be in the same class with messers Platini and Zidane settles this world class discussion.

Nna, shining in a bankrupt Italy is not what world class is. Watch the Euros and see if Pogba did anything. A final in your home country and you decide to stroll around and even get dropped. I would pick Moussa Sissoko over him any day and nobody calls him world class.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

cic old boy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:Shearer's a pillock though..wonder why anyone takes anything he says seriously. There are quite a few players playing their trade in England that would improve ANY team in world football
Name them.
Silva, Ozil, Progba, Sanchez, De Gea, KDB
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

metalalloy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote: It's a very subjective thing anyway but; DDG, Aguero, Mesut Ozil, KdB, Alexis (with the possible exception of Barcelona), Ospina, Hugo Lloris, Courtois, Ericksen, Koscielny etc..and Coutinho is on the way there as well
:lol: Ozil, Ospina, Ericksen, Kos, etc are just good players.
With the exception of Barcelona/Argentina, which team in world football has a better #10 than Ozil (Ericksen is just a step below him, I think)?

I agree, but How many of the top 3 or 5 teams play with a "#10"?

That's a different discussion entirely, no?
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:
zee wrote:

Nna, shining in a bankrupt Italy is not what world class is. Watch the Euros and see if Pogba did anything. A final in your home country and you decide to stroll around and even get dropped. I would pick Moussa Sissoko over him any day and nobody calls him world class.
How many finals has Messi won for his country?
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

cic old boy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote: With the exception of Barcelona/Argentina, which team in world football has a better #10 than Ozil (Ericksen is just a step below him, I think)?

Madrid got rid of Ozil. I doubt if he would have played in the WC if Reus was fit. I think Isco is better than him (and he can't hold down a place at Madrid).

That's your opinion though, you don't know that about Reus (and for some reason, the Germans keep voting Ozil their best player so...), as for Isco, agree to disagree. Madrid getting rid of a player says nothing about the quality of the player considering how that club is run...they discarded Makelele at his peak and got Beckham instead.

As for Koscielny, I feel he would walk into almost team in world football.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kalamashaka wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

That's your opinion though, you don't know that about Reus (and for some reason, the Germans keep voting Ozil their best player so...), as for Isco, agree to disagree. Madrid getting rid of a player says nothing about the quality of the player considering how that club is run...they discarded Makelele at his peak and got Beckham instead.

Now, that's comedy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

zee wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Now, that's comedy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you enjoyed it....I'm here all week!
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

kalamashaka wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

I kindly ignore your comment on Koscielny, but you are right on Özil. World class player, and Reus would not have started for Özil under no circumstances.
CIC does not know what constitutes a good player, he was the one saying that Jesus Navas is a better player than Thomas Müller.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalamashaka wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote: It's a very subjective thing anyway but; DDG, Aguero, Mesut Ozil, KdB, Alexis (with the possible exception of Barcelona), Ospina, Hugo Lloris, Courtois, Ericksen, Koscielny etc..and Coutinho is on the way there as well
With the exception of Barcelona/Argentina, which team in world football has a better #10 than Ozil (Ericksen is just a step below him, I think)?

I think you have to factor that in though. He didn't say "squad" he said "team". If a team doesn't play with a no 10, then Ozil shouldn't really be in the discussion as being able to make the starting 11 of that team.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

metalalloy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

I think you have to factor that in though. He didn't say "squad" he said "team". If a team doesn't play with a no 10, then Ozil shouldn't really be in the discussion as being able to make the starting 11 of that team.
Maybe they would play with a 10 if they had Özil :taunt:
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kofi86 wrote: I kindly ignore your comment on Koscielny, but you are right on Özil. World class player, and Reus would not have started for Özil under no circumstances.
CIC does not know what constitutes a good player, he was the one saying that Jesus Navas is a better player than Thomas Müller.
I'm a better player than Thomas Muller. He's just efficient.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kalamashaka wrote: That's your opinion though, you don't know that about Reus (and for some reason, the Germans keep voting Ozil their best player so...), as for Isco, agree to disagree. Madrid getting rid of a player says nothing about the quality of the player considering how that club is run...they discarded Makelele at his peak and got Beckham instead.

Reus has been injured a lot lately. Madrid are not going to get rid of Crissie and Bale. But they dumped Ozil. I'm glad what you said about Kos was your "feeling". :lol:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

zee wrote:
How many finals has Messi won for his country?
OK, Pogba is as good as Messi. At least Messi helps his team get to the final. Pogba helped France on the bench.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

cic old boy wrote:
kalamashaka wrote: That's your opinion though, you don't know that about Reus (and for some reason, the Germans keep voting Ozil their best player so...), as for Isco, agree to disagree. Madrid getting rid of a player says nothing about the quality of the player considering how that club is run...they discarded Makelele at his peak and got Beckham instead.

Reus has been injured a lot lately. Madrid are not going to get rid of Crissie and Bale. But they dumped Ozil. I'm glad what you said about Kos was your "feeling". :lol:

As said above they dumped Makelele, they dumped Robben, they dumped quite a few great players.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

cic old boy wrote:
kofi86 wrote: I kindly ignore your comment on Koscielny, but you are right on Özil. World class player, and Reus would not have started for Özil under no circumstances.
I'm a better player than Thomas Muller. He's just efficient.
sure
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kofi86 wrote:
Maybe they would play with a 10 if they had Özil :taunt:
:lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

World class players showed up in Manchester today :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What about Mezut Ozil?

What about Alexis Sanchez?

What about Ibrahimovic?

and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

cic old boy wrote:

All of this is just what each of us thinks or how we feel...it's not as if there is an objective criteria to decide what's 'world class' or not...or even what anyone means when they say 'world class, no?

P.S. Which teams (club & int'l) would not have Koscielny?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kalamashaka wrote:
All of this is just what each of us thinks or how we feel...it's not as if there is an objective criteria to decide what's 'world class' or not...or even what anyone means when they say 'world class, no?

P.S. Which teams (club & int'l) would not have Koscielny?
Kos is at the Arse b/c the big boys don't want him.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

kofi86 wrote:
As said above they dumped Makelele, they dumped Robben, they dumped quite a few great players.
Those two are world class. Ozil is not.