Yaya Toure £54 000 fine for drink driving

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lekanlij
Egg
Egg
Re: Yaya Toure charged with drink driving

Post by lekanlij »

It's a shame a STAR has been STOUTed by this controversy with some calling him a hypocrite. BUDdy I trust you'll turn out WISER, stronger and GULDER.....sorry better from all these. Keep you head up and bottoms down....this too shall pass like a bad hangover.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote:In the press conference after the arrest, Toure appeared shaken but not stirred, hopefully, he's learnt his lesson and will be (bud)wiser next time.
Coach

Where can one access a report of this press conference? Please help.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

When the Police questioned Yaya why he was drunk, he said he only had one SHOT on target but hit the bar.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

[quote
Enugu II wrote:
Coach wrote:In the press conference after the arrest, Toure appeared shaken but not stirred, hopefully, he's learnt his lesson and will be (bud)wiser next time.
Coach

:lol:
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Curve whiz
Egg
Egg

Post by Curve whiz »

Can someone explain why these rich African footballers in the UK cannot pay an African brother £40,000 - £50,000 per annum to drive them around???. Why must they drive? Especially after training or on a night out?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Did Pep drive my devout Muslim brother to drink?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Curve whiz wrote:Can someone explain why these rich African footballers in the UK cannot pay an African brother £40,000 - £50,000 per annum to drive them around???. Why must they drive? Especially after training or on a night out?
Why do they need someone to drive them around? The issue here is simply one of folly. Yes maybe he could jave apmeone drive him around bit if he loves driving there is nothing wrong driving himself. All he needed to have done was called for a cab to take him home. Cost leas than paying 40k.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

oloye wrote:
Curve whiz wrote:Can someone explain why these rich African footballers in the UK cannot pay an African brother £40,000 - £50,000 per annum to drive them around???. Why must they drive? Especially after training or on a night out?
Why do they need someone to drive them around? The issue here is simply one of folly. Yes maybe he could jave apmeone drive him around bit if he loves driving there is nothing wrong driving himself. All he needed to have done was called for a cab to take him home. Cost leas than paying 40k.
Dude probably drives a top of the range Bugatti..You don't buy a machine like that and expect to enjoy it sitting in the back seat..Odds are, the police were just probably just watching and waiting...
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

In fact I think Pep personally switched out his Ribena for Schnapps.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

why should they? It's a waste of hard earned money
After a night out, they can take UBER/min cab/Taxi for £20 or ask a friend to get them
After training, they don't need a driver.
Most of them are from backgrounds where they walked home or took Okada after training

Wasting £40,000 on an African brother who will one day spill out your secrets is not wise
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

ohenhen1 wrote:A friend of mine is a muslim and he drinks. I asked him about it, didn't get an answer. He also #$% everything that smiles at him.
Millions of Muslims practice Islam and do drink. It is not news! In fact, some of them even pour it in their ablution kettle ("agge" in Yoruba) and drink right after making Salah. Pilgrims to Mecca have been bared from entering the KSA from Ryad; I think the entry port now is Jeddah (not too sure). They don't want the pilgrims to witness locals drinking and seducing women while in state of Ihram (a sacred state which a Muslim must enter in order to perform the major pilgrimage )

By the way, some Muslims will also claim that it is OK to drink, but it is forbidden to get drunk! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheers!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
highbury wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Pep drove him to drinking
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Maybe. But to be honest, I have realized that alot of the Muslims I have met are hypocrites.

there is a distinction between not abiding by religious rulings and being a hypocrite.
PKOM!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

okidoki wrote:Wow, thought he was a practicing muslim.
...must be apple cider drink :???:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...i see, continue colo-way even in colo-land. Calling a cab/taxi is far better batter than to hire you to drive him around, next when he is not using the vehicle una go use am for yah own taxi like bus driver for a club in Lagos.

A guy was asked to drop me off at Enugu airport one time and return the vehicle, instead he went on kabu kabu trip for hours claiming car (a fine car by the way) has trouble on the way.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The hipocrisy will hurt him with his fan base.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

highbury wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Pep drove him to drinking
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Maybe. But to be honest, I have realized that alot of the Muslims I have met are hypocrites.

That's a human thing not a muslim thing.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

mcal wrote:
...i see, continue colo-way even in colo-land. Calling a cab/taxi is far better batter than to hire you to drive him around, next when he is not using the vehicle una go use am for yah own taxi like bus driver for a club in Lagos.

A guy was asked to drop me off at Enugu airport one time and return the vehicle, instead he went on kabu kabu trip for hours claiming car (a fine car by the way) has trouble on the way.
There is nothing wrong with 'driving'. The issue is underpayment. So long as they are of age and paid a good wage.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tbite wrote:
mcal wrote:

There is nothing wrong with 'driving'. The issue is underpayment. So long as they are of age and paid a good wage.
...you know Africans won't do that. Hope you heard of naijans in the USA being arrested for bringing housegirl to do chores without pay or freedom, this is just in the same line.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kalamashaka wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Coach

:lol:
:rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

mcal wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You did not tip him. :lol:
Abaua1
Egg
Egg

Post by Abaua1 »

2 hours ago BBC European Football
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pleaded guilty to drink-driving, but says he had not "intentionally consumed alcohol".

The Ivory Coast player, 33, told a court he thought he was drinking diet cola from a jug at a party, without realising it had brandy in it.

Toure did not challenge the charge as he was "above the permitted limit".
He was fined £54,000 - a means-tested fine - and banned from driving for 18 months by Barkingside magistrates.

"It is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink, said Toure. "I have always refused alcohol."
Toure was driving in Dagenham in east London at the time of the offence last month.

Barkingside Magistrates Court said Toure had an alcohol reading of 75 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath - more than twice England's legal limit of 35 micrograms.
He pleaded guilty to the charge on Monday, but did not say in his Facebook statement how the alcohol got into his system.

In his statement Toure added: "Drink-driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation."
The Ivory Coast international was recalled to the Manchester City squad earlier this month after apologising for "misunderstandings" relating to comments made by his agent Dimitri Seluk.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Yaya Toure £54 000 fine for drink driving

Post by Comrade Machel »

This very quickly turned into a very expensive drink :scared: :scared:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38299308

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pleaded guilty to drink-driving, but says he had not "intentionally consumed alcohol".

The Ivory Coast player, 33, told a court he thought he was drinking diet cola from a jug at a party, without realising it had brandy in it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Toure did not challenge the charge as he was "above the permitted limit".

He was fined £54,000 - a means-tested fine - and banned from driving for 18 months by Barkingside magistrates. :huh:

"It is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink, said Toure. "I have always refused alcohol."

Toure was driving in Dagenham in east London at the time of the offence last month.

Barkingside Magistrates Court said Toure had an alcohol reading of 75 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath - more than twice England's legal limit of 35 micrograms.

He pleaded guilty to the charge on Monday, but did not say in his Facebook statement how the alcohol got into his system.

In his statement Toure added: "Drink-driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation."

The Ivory Coast international was recalled to the Manchester City squad earlier this month after apologising for "misunderstandings" relating to comments made by his agent Dimitri Seluk.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Yaya Toure £54 000 fine for drink driving

Post by Senator WIRES »

Samora Machel wrote: The Ivory Coast player, 33, told a court he thought he was drinking diet cola from a jug at a party, without realising it had brandy in it. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:biggrin: didn't Kolo TOURE gave similar explanation ..."using his wife "bleaching cream" to "wank" himself off :biggrin:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC