Nigeria vs Senegal The Video of full match!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Senegal The Video of full match!!!

Post by Tbite »

1naija wrote:
Tbite wrote:
1naija wrote:Did Nigeria really gain anything from this game? I think it was a waste of time. Whatever we gained from this game we could gained by playing an NPFL gra gra team like Rangers. I don't support playing African teams outside of Africa.
We played a physical and pressing African side in very cold weather. We may not have executed as we would have liked, but we were tested.

Cameroon is the type of team, that it won't come down to just technical ability and tactics, you will need to be able to hang with them. Onazi, Iwobi, Balogun and the others that may have been in cruise control will now have a taste.

We have shown that we can create chances under pressure and even with many changes made to the team. We have also reinforced that certain positions need to be tinkered.

So after watching this game you are now satifisfied that we will match up with Cameroons physical tactics? I don't think so. I think we will beat Cameroon not because we can outmussle them but because we have technically superior team. We could have asked Rangers to be physical with the players and they would have easily done so.
That's not what I was saying. I said that we have been tested in that area. Onazi himself said that he was not set up to play a physical side. You can see how Balogun was dwelling on the ball...these things show that no matter how technical we may be, if we go up against Cameroon without awareness we will be battered. You cannot be technical without some measure of awareness.

Top footballing teams do not rely on just one aspect of football to win. We will beat Cameroon because of several factors, not just one.

Moreover, Senegal weren't just physical, so need not have called upon Rangers. They were reasonable on the flanks and exposed our fullbacks. So for me, in terms of our overall pass rate and our defensive structure and our chances taken, the match was terrible for us...but it showed our strengths and where we can work on.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:Sometimes I read stuff on CE and I just resent this place. We cant have taxi drivers discussing football, honestly.

This one wants us to play enugu rangers because they can be physical with our players rather than Senegal 9ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS ON THE CONTINENT, who have top players playing to good teams? wow! Can you guys even believe that? Someone actually thinks that the sole reason to play a team is because you want to see how we react to a physical team? Do you even understand the importance of seeing how your players react to pressure (mental pressure)? Do you understand that Senegal is also quite a very good team with the ball and tactically they press high up the pitch...so you are also seeing how your players can react to those situations? smh :oops:
LOL cmon its 1naija. you know he is kidding
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
sholaJay wrote:Success and Moses as our two wingers will trouble any defence in the world. Any defence.

Regarding iwobi , he needs intelligent players around him for him to shine. His best game for us was against Zambia, in a midfield comprising of Mikel and Kelechi. In this game he did not play with cerebral midfielders. Onazi Musa and Simon Moses aren't the most intelligent footballers in our squad. Kelechi was pushed up top. Iwobi will come good.

However, iwobi shouldn't start against Cameroon. Midfield should be Ndidi Mikel etebor
Iwobi played with the same guys vs Algeria and didn't perform that well. Its not the players around him, its him, he has having a dip in form at the moment and he needs to shake it off...
Shut your mouth, Maceo! Shut up!
On current form Iwobi shouldn't be starting, he needs to pick his game up! I have no doubt that he'll be fine, but right now something is affecting his game and he needs to snap out of it for club and country.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

9jaMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
deanotito wrote:
I beg to differ. Iwobi was either absent or horrible. And again, we shouldn't be comparing him to Omeruo. Iwobi's primary job as playmaker was to make good forward passes. Omeruo's primary job was to defend. No player should be making errant passes, but its quite alarming (and horrendous) when your playmaker makes several of them. If Iheanacho came back to the midfield and started making bad passes, we all would say he should go back to his natural position and wait for service. What do we tell the playmaker?

A playmaker relies on others to be successful for the most part. I highlighted two potential assists above which Iheanacho failed to convert. If he scored those goals, Iwobi's performance wouldn't be judged as harshly. By no means am I arguing that he had a good game, but it is not as dire as has been repeated in this thread. I agree that he was sloppy, but the entire team as a whole was sloppy with several errant passes from the goal keeper to the forwards. I can't think of anyone who didn't have a misplaced pass in the game. Iwobi's was highlighted because he had a series of errant passes in a row which was pointed out several times by the commentator. I thought he was actually above average in the first half. He regressed in the second half and was subbed.

With players like Simon , Ahmed Musa and a misfiring kele, any am will look bad, iwobi imo is still very much needed in the first 11 because of his football brain
I like his football brain too, and not calling for his dropping. But he had a bad match...very bad even. Thats all I'm saying
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
sholaJay wrote:Success and Moses as our two wingers will trouble any defence in the world. Any defence.

Regarding iwobi , he needs intelligent players around him for him to shine. His best game for us was against Zambia, in a midfield comprising of Mikel and Kelechi. In this game he did not play with cerebral midfielders. Onazi Musa and Simon Moses aren't the most intelligent footballers in our squad. Kelechi was pushed up top. Iwobi will come good.

However, iwobi shouldn't start against Cameroon. Midfield should be Ndidi Mikel etebor
Iwobi played with the same guys vs Algeria and didn't perform that well. Its not the players around him, its him, he has having a dip in form at the moment and he needs to shake it off...
On current form Iwobi shouldn't be starting, he needs to pick his game up! I have no doubt that he'll be fine, but right now something is affecting his game and he needs to snap out of it for club and country.

I said, shut up!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I said, shut up!
I agree, Iwobi needs to just shut up, put his head down and grind out of his current dip in form. Glad we agree :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

I watched the match and thanks for the good quality video.
Overall we were pretty poor and Senegal was the better team. SE had many misplaced passes, no cohesion in midfield, and jittery backline + GK.
Iwobi, Nacho, Moses had poor performances. I did not see what Success did to merit some of the hype. I was impressed with Ndidi and Etebo.
In my opinion we have a long way to go.