The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by Waffiman »

I do not agree with them on Wenger. Anytime results go against the club, they all come spoiling for a fight trying to impose their views on me. I told you this and I told you that. It is ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I refuse, and I steadfastly stick to my guns citing my reasons and reasoning. They have their opinion, I have no issues with that, indeed I respect their opinion so long as they respect mine and do not abuse or insult me. But for some reason they get angry and want to call me names.

But no, they come up with all sorts. I constantly say, these are rumours and no one knows a thing about what the club wants, but they want to forcefully make you go their way. Why? Why should I take rubbish from people who cannot not even accept another view? What sort of nonsense is that. When they try to abuse, I sometimes ignore but after a while I hit back. I really do not have the time now, if I did, these lot are no match for me. I will face off each one of them and whoop them to high waters. Dem neva born dem. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is social media, the fact is, it is just talk and totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The fans who are relevant and can change things pay their money and go to that stadium. Many do not have time for these idiotas on social media who are all doom and gloom after 3 games. Come the next game at the Emirates, they will stick with their club, Manager and players. As usual, I will be at the stadium to enjoy it all. You lot here can cry a river till an ocean start to form, you cannot change a thing. Thank God for that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:I do not agree with them on Wenger. Anytime results go against the club, they all come spoiling for a fight trying to impose their views on me. I told you this and I told you that. It is ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I refuse, and I steadfastly stick to my guns citing my reasons and reasoning. They have their opinion, I have no issues with that, indeed I respect their opinion so long as they respect mine and do not abuse or insult me. But for some reason they get angry and want to call me names.

But no, they come up with all sorts. I constantly say, these are rumours and no one knows a thing about what the club wants, but they want to forcefully make you go their way. Why? Why should I take rubbish from people who cannot not even accept another view? What sort of nonsense is that. When they try to abuse, I sometimes ignore but after a while I hit back. I really do not have the time now, if I did, these lot are no match for me. I will face off each one of them and whoop them to high waters. Dem neva born dem. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is social media, the fact is, it is just talk and totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The fans who are relevant and can change things pay their money and go to that stadium. Many do not have time for these idiotas on social media who are all doom and gloom after 3 games. Come the next game at the Emirates, they will stick with their club, Manager and players. As usual, I will be at the stadium to enjoy it all. You lot here can cry a river till an ocean start to form, you cannot change a thing. Thank God for that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
we heard you the first time :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Arsenal already has 5 sulking players in their squad, why add another one, only a stupid manager will buy Sterling who is on big wages. Is Sterling better than Ox or Ramsey. I will rather take 70 million plus Yaya Toure on a one year deal.
He's way better than Ramsey & Ox - way more consistent threat but very poor goalscorer - we put ourselves in this position of zilch choices - gotta go get Riyad now, so you've a potent frontline - unless ManC has a DM to give - who's he?

You want Mahrez???? Please never talk about football matters any more :rotf: :rotf: WTF :rotf: :rotf: you have a team in crisis with lazy under motivated players and you want to add the personification of that behavior to your team????

Are you on some expired meds??? :thumb: You've gotta be kidding me :rotf:
You & Hookah bar issues!!! You talk like many other gooners excited by PSG rejects Lucas Moura & Draxler like they are kings of trackbacks;
Look at Riyad's teammates & pick any gooner with similar awards in the same time period:

Premier League PFA Team of the Year: 2015–16
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2015–16
PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2016
BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2016
Facebook FA Premier League Player of the Year : 2016
Lion d'Or African Footballer of the Year: 2016
CAF African Footballer of the Year: 2016

He does enough offensively to create space for players - we've nothing in our squad near his abilities & fear put in opposing defenders. Riyad will do for Arsenal what Hazard does for Chelsea - why're Chelsea & ManU fans campaigning for their clubs to get him.
What player do you have in mind considering the spend thrift nature of Arsenal? You act like you've got choices - wake up!!!
This kid in an Arsenal team will do 20goals & 10 assts a season easy.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

It is going to be like this till Thursday. Enjoy the ride. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

So long as Arsenal get their replacements, I am cool. 8-) 8-) 8-)
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Ornstein: "Sterling would be interested in making a move back to London, should Arsenal want to make him part of the Sanchez deal."
David Ornstein: "Manchester City want to sign Alexis Sanchez before Thursday's transfer deadline as a straight purchase."
Arsenal will only sanction the departure of Mustafi if they have a replacement, ideally Jonny Evans
but
Evans want ManC,
Aguero not interested in Arsenal
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:The usual empty noise from our resident empty vessel. Like i and a host of real gunners have said (or have been saying) Wenger is the REAL PROBLEM at Arsenal. The sooner hes gone the better. 4-kondo...more to come....
Wenger is part of the problem. Stan Kroenke is the real problem at Arsenal. The guy only cares about the finances. All of the teams he owns are not doing well. Why is that?
You can say that again. When i talk am someone called me a YETI!!!!

I think the board is more to blame than Arsene.

Something does not seem right, but then looking at Arsene Wenger's mannerism during the post match interview, he seemed a lot calmer and maybe the word is cheekier or not as bothered than when we previously lost games like these.

Hmmm!!!

Could me Wenger be up to something or is it that he has just lost the motivation?

Well time will tell.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:I do not agree with them on Wenger. Anytime results go against the club, they all come spoiling for a fight trying to impose their views on me. I told you this and I told you that. It is ridiculous. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

....all well and good.......however results speak for themselves and no amount of excuses are going to help the board or wenger
.....proper afc fan (arsenal that is) will tolerate the nonsense for another season, whatever the emirates faithful think......
this is only the third game and wenger is thrashing around in okra soup like as if it is quick sand. He is sinking slowly and surely because of the following

1. allowing certain key players to run down contracts
2. not being proactive in the transfer market
3. playing players out of position
4. questionable player selection
5. not prepping for the start of the season

no one cares about back scene drama, no one knows......what everyone knows and understands is this: results......
results as regards table position
results against top six

anything else is fabu
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

ohenhen1 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:The usual empty noise from our resident empty vessel. Like i and a host of real gunners have said (or have been saying) Wenger is the REAL PROBLEM at Arsenal. The sooner hes gone the better. 4-kondo...more to come....
Wenger is part of the problem. Stan Kroenke is the real problem at Arsenal. The guy only cares about the finances. All of the teams he owns are not doing well. Why is that?
AW is the enabler - as long as he stays, the board gets away with murder.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Waffiman wrote:
It is going to be like this till Thursday. Enjoy the ride. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

So long as Arsenal get their replacements, I am cool. 8-) 8-) 8-)
how many 'replacements' ?
who are they?
are they replacements in areas that need improvement, or are they just making up numbers in the squad?

how can u be cool with something where you have absolutely no clue as to the scope of these replacements?
there is no benchmark to gauge whether the transfer objectives were met
....nah, there are no replacement objectives....it's another ruse
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

platinum wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Platinum are you Fela Baba70 :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Waffiman wrote:Rumours of City now offering Sterling and money for Sanchez. Some claim it is £45m plus Sterling.

Arsene still not budging we hear. Firm in his stance. I hope he refuses to sell.

Stirling's agent - Aidy Ward. Ox's agent - Aidy Ward. I don't want this.

But Arsenal have upped their interest in Mahrez according to rumours.
What is the point of keeping Sanchez when he clearly does not want to stay? The Liverpool game wasn't enough? City are not our rivals....Everton and Leicester are
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

peron33uk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Something does not seem right, but then looking at Arsene Wenger's mannerism during the post match interview, he seemed a lot calmer and maybe the word is cheekier or not as bothered than when we previously lost games like these.

Hmmm!!!

Could me Wenger be up to something or is it that he has just lost the motivation?

Well time will tell.
I called you a YETI and now you have been upgraded to abominable snowman, because you refuse to listen and learn.

AW has more than enough players to defeat both Lpool and Stoke, playing players out of position and with a DM or ball winner is a disgrace. His record against the top 6 is atrocious, this has nothing to do with the board that sanction the purchase of Mustafi (£35 million), Lucas Perez (15 million) and Xhaxa (£30 million)last year and yet we still managed to fall out the of the top 4.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Arsenal already has 5 sulking players in their squad, why add another one, only a stupid manager will buy Sterling who is on big wages. Is Sterling better than Ox or Ramsey. I will rather take 70 million plus Yaya Toure on a one year deal.
He's way better than Ramsey & Ox - way more consistent threat but very poor goalscorer - we put ourselves in this position of zilch choices - gotta go get Riyad now, so you've a potent frontline - unless ManC has a DM to give - who's he?

You want Mahrez???? Please never talk about football matters any more :rotf: :rotf: WTF :rotf: :rotf: you have a team in crisis with lazy under motivated players and you want to add the personification of that behavior to your team????

You & Hookah bar issues!!! You talk like many other gooners excited by PSG rejects Lucas Moura & Draxler like they are kings of trackbacks;
Look at Riyad's teammates & pick any gooner with similar awards in the same time period:

He does enough offensively to create space for players - we've nothing in our squad near his abilities & fear put in opposing defenders. Riyad will do for Arsenal what Hazard does for Chelsea - why're Chelsea & ManU fans campaigning for their clubs to get him.
What player do you have in mind considering the spend thrift nature of Arsenal? You act like you've got choices - wake up!!!

Dude just stop talking football ... You sound like a certified clown. A one hit wonder is who you want to replace the Ox with ? Are you nuts? People complain about Ozil being lazy and disinterested and you want to add Ozil 2.0 with a 50 million pound price tag??? You are crazy please just go away :rotf:

It's mad nutty fans like you that embolden people like Arsene to continue doing the same old nonsense.

Smdh :mrgreen:

Someone seriously wants to add Mahrez to Arsenal ... Lawd have Mercy :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

realtrouble wrote:
peron33uk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Hmmm!!!

Well time will tell.
I called you a YETI and now you have been upgraded to abominable snowman, because you refuse to listen and learn.

AW has more than enough players to defeat both Lpool and Stoke, playing players out of position and with a DM or ball winner is a disgrace. His record against the top 6 is atrocious, this has nothing to do with the board that sanction the purchase of Mustafi (£35 million), Lucas Perez (15 million) and Xhaxa (£30 million)last year and yet we still managed to fall out the of the top 4.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Dude just stop talking football ... You sound like a certified clown. A one hit wonder is who you want to replace the Ox with ? Are you nuts? People complain about Ozil being lazy and disinterested and you want to add Ozil 2.0 with a 50 million pound price tag??? You are crazy please just go away :rotf:

It's mad nutty fans like you that embolden people like Arsene to continue doing the same old nonsense.

Commandant, what's the name of your cult - check, i ain't a member

Chelsea transfer news: Antonio Conte holds talks with Riyad Mahrez ahead of £46.5m bid
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... urs-Gossip
--------------
'If we get him, it's over!' - Chelsea fans beg Conte to sign Mahrez after rumoured £46.5m bid
http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/t ... t-13544634
------------------------------
Joachim Low on #afc target Julian Draxler: "I know PSG absolutely do not want to part with him. He has them convinced of his greatness."

@Jon_LeGossip:If any transfer occurs involving Julian Draxler this summer, it will be very much against the player’s desires. [@GFFN via SFR Sport]
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:

Commandant, what's the name of your cult - check, i ain't a member

Chelsea transfer news: Antonio Conte holds talks with Riyad Mahrez ahead of £46.5m bid
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... urs-Gossip
--------------
'If we get him, it's over!' - Chelsea fans beg Conte to sign Mahrez after rumoured £46.5m bid
http://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/t ... t-13544634
------------------------------
Joachim Low on #afc target Julian Draxler: "I know PSG absolutely do not want to part with him. He has them convinced of his greatness."

@Jon_LeGossip:If any transfer occurs involving Julian Draxler this summer, it will be very much against the player’s desires. [@GFFN via SFR Sport]

Someone seriously used the daily express as a source :rotf: :rotf: why not Ikebe Super while you are at it ... dude carry on Biko ... nothing spoil ..: it's a free world believe what you want :thumb:

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

peron33uk wrote:Chen, Waffi don suffer.

Anyway according to sky sports it seems Arsenal is back in for Jonny Evans

Also it seems like Gibbs to Watford has fallen through due to disagreement with personal terms. :sneaky: :sneaky:
Johnny effing Evans??!!! shoot me now

What's up with all this ManU rejects? Sylvester, Webeck and now Evans???
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

we heard you the first time :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:Rumours of City now offering Sterling and money for Sanchez. Some claim it is £45m plus Sterling.

Arsene still not budging we hear. Firm in his stance. I hope he refuses to sell.

Stirling's agent - Aidy Ward. Ox's agent - Aidy Ward. I don't want this.

But Arsenal have upped their interest in Mahrez according to rumours.
You are becoming quite sillu, Wafoolishman. Sterling left Liverpool, his friend, the Ox is running away from a rat infested sinking ship, and you think he will lower his standards and accept Arsenal? come on! seriously! how silly can you be>? :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Once a manager loses the dressing room, he is more or less toast.

The next 2 seasons will be interesting if Arsene Wenger holds on.
You sure he lost the dressing room???? You cannot be more wrong.

Contrary to your claims, the players are with the Manager (The senior players) led a furious assault and ganged up against certain players who have been a problem in the dressing room. When the players parted acrimoniously on Sunday, it was clear certain players will not be returning to the Arsenal dressing room.

There is talk that a normally placid Cech and Kos went after a certain player with anger and nastiness.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yea, right! Sanchez or Ox will dismantle Kolcieny like a rotten opioror mango!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Colorado Avalanche worst team in the NHL last year, awful team. The coach was not fired. The General manager was not fired.

Nuggets missed the playoffs, average team. Coach not fired, general manger not fired

Rapids average team

LA Rams missed the playoffs

Arsenal won the FA cup, missed the Champions league for the first time in over a decade. Coach not fired, given two year deal with improved terms. Director of football not fired.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I am reading all these and I am astounded as to how many people think a player in man city will consider Arsenal? what is this delusion? Perhaps a player like delph, but any other player who went to City to win things will now go to Arsenal? :lol: :lol: :lol: