WILL CAMEROON GO TO THE BENCH?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
WILL CAMEROON GO TO THE BENCH?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Having already conceded that the path is all but impossible, will Broos go to his Bench to get new energy or go with the same starters? I think going to his bench might be the best way to reinvigorate the team and somehow get a result.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WILL CAMEROON GO TO THE BENCH

Post by YemiBrazil »

Yes they are coming for our jugular like wounded lions! Yeeeeeeeee wahala dey ooo!!!!

EMIR, pls stop analyzing and start shaking vigorously!!!! :scared: :scared: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

What I suspect will happen is they will just be more cautious in Yaoundé. Their undoing in Uyo was chasing the game and leaving themselves open on the counter-attack.

Broos will probably tell them to sit deep and look for a lone goal from a set piece. They do not have the pace at the back to cope with Moses, Simon and Ighalo. If they defend deeper, they will not be torn apart with such ease.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What I suspect will happen is they will just be more cautious in Yaoundé. Their undoing in Uyo was chasing the game and leaving themselves open on the counter-attack.

Broos will probably tell them to sit deep and look for a lone goal from a set piece. They do not have the pace at the back to cope with Moses, Simon and Ighalo. If they defend deeper, they will not be torn apart with such ease.
How do we overcome that strategy? We can't afford to bomb forward either. Will it then become a mf stalemate? Looks like it's going to be a boring game. We need 3pts sha!
OCCUPY NFF!!
nko
Egg
Egg
Re: WILL CAMEROON GO TO THE BENCH?

Post by nko »

I think a player like Kelechi can make a difference in this kind of game. Kele is a very efficient striker and should definitely come on in the 2nd half to break any deadlock
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

If Naija can score like 5 more to spell that useless country, we go glad well well.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

bamenda boy wrote:If Naija can score like 5 more to spell that useless country, we go glad well well.
This quote from Bamenda boy is one for the ages. However we just need the 3points and will settle for 1:0 victory as we respect the IL.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The damage has already been done, it's hard to pick yourself up after a game like that with barely any recovery time....the sight of victor moses and Moses Simon on Monday will strike the fear of God in their back four...they had no answer to them then and it's unlikely they will have an answer now.

Their right back who marked MS had a torrid time. From when they were in the tunnel, he was already looking a bit uneasy.... anyway I expect the boys to do a professional job on Monday. There won't be as many goals but I expect them to get the job done.
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

We will win 2-0. Not enough time to overcome the shock. Hopes are lost. Their aim will be to minimize damage.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:What I suspect will happen is they will just be more cautious in Yaoundé. Their undoing in Uyo was chasing the game and leaving themselves open on the counter-attack.

But human nature will cause them to get anchous as the home crowd won't like to see that (the fans want revenge) and defending sitting deep with slower players means enduring a lot offensive play from a speedier opponent and may put them in a situation where they will have open up!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mr Shows wrote:The damage has already been done, it's hard to pick yourself up after a game like that with barely any recovery time....the sight of victor moses and Moses Simon on Monday will strike the fear of God in their back four...they had no answer to them then and it's unlikely they will have an answer now.

Their right back who marked MS had a torrid time. From when they were in the tunnel, he was already looking a bit uneasy.... anyway I expect the boys to do a professional job on Monday. There won't be as many goals but I expect them to get the job done.
The best they can get is a draw. They looked shell shocked.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Having already conceded that the path is all but impossible, will Broos go to his Bench to get new energy or go with the same starters? I think going to his bench might be the best way to reinvigorate the team and somehow get a result.
Don't be stupid :sneaky: The fact that you're typing mrsns you're not in a corner somewhere shaking us to victory. Abeg my friend comot for thread and go shake until tsunami happen in Yaoundé. :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

The damage has already been done am afraid, they have to chase the game to get a win, dont think a draw will suit them, they have been left exposed, all they can hope for at this stage is damage limitation, i will expect Nigeria to win something like 3-1
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I think pride will play a big part in this match so Cameroun will come out and attack from the first whistle. As long as our back 4 remains focused, composed and disciplined we will eek a victory.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

My spirit tells me we might see an Ndidi special tomorrow
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: My spirit tells me we might see an Ndidi special tomorrow
May your spirit make Emir shake well well so that Anigbelenu can have free palmy to celebrate tomorrow :mrgreen:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

They will be more relaxed as they are only playing for pride. I can see them playing a lot better
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Don't change anything, German style counter attack football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:My spirit tells me we might see an Ndidi special tomorrow
Yup! Seagrams gin is a heckuva spirit! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:They will be more relaxed as they are only playing for pride. I can see them playing a lot better
They are home and have to attack. The eagles just need to soak up the pressure and play on the break. We have the pace to hurt them and peg them back. If we score before them, It means they need to score twice to win, creating more space for the Eagles to exploit... an early goal will really knock the stuffing out of them. Their heads will drop after that and their fans will be dispirited...

That said, they are African Champions and we need to accord them their dues. If we take them for granted, we could easily lose 1-0
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

The same thing that happened to Nigeria is happening to Cameroon even Italy. Nigeria won the 2013 Nations cup, suddenly the coach abandoned seasoned players in favour of lesser established players and Nigeria was doomed. Hugo Broos won the Nations cup without 7 established players who could not come because of clubs' commitment. And since then he has not reinstated the established players. Where is Alex Song? Is he not better than the defender who allowed Ighalo to turn him inside out? Why did Cameroon not start Mokonjo and Matip?
The coach thinks he knows better.
The nations cup is over. Cameroon did not do well at the confederation cup. And that should have informed the coach to re-examine the team. I guess it takes a defeat like this to straighten things up.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Elexus wrote:The same thing that happened to Nigeria is happening to Cameroon even Italy. Nigeria won the 2013 Nations cup, suddenly the coach abandoned seasoned players in favour of lesser established players and Nigeria was doomed. Hugo Broos won the Nations cup without 7 established players who could not come because of clubs' commitment. And since then he has not reinstated the established players. Where is Alex Song? Is he not better than the defender who allowed Ighalo to turn him inside out? Why did Cameroon not start Mokonjo and Matip?
The coach thinks he knows better.
The nations cup is over. Cameroon did not do well at the confederation cup. And that should have informed the coach to re-examine the team. I guess it takes a defeat like this to straighten things up.
Unfortunately for their coach he has the same personel to pick from. Picking them up will be a tall order. All that is left now is pride.... A early goal by the SE and it will extinguish any hope.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Cameroon's biggest undoing was wining the Nations Cup. They stoped building their team after they did, thinking they had an OK squad.