So how did Moses Simon become a good crosser of the ball?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
So how did Moses Simon become a good crosser of the ball?

Post by ogasir »

The dude has put in some pretty decent crosses into the box in his last 3 games than he did his entire previous SE career. I wonder what Gernot Rohr told him.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg
Re: So how did Moses Simon become a good crosser of the ball

Post by nzeogwu »

He is not uncoachable
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I don't understand all the hate. He scored against Cameroon and delivered a Beckham like cross for our"world class striker" Ighalo in yesterday's match. But haters will always hate. He is still learning his craft and improving unlike some that in the back pages of newspapers attempting to score in the bedroom rather than on the pitch , yet some are agitating for their inclusion into the squad.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

the SE is not for learners, we have too many options to start teaching professional players how to cross, yall clamoring for the coach to continue to ignore quality ballers are the true haters of Nigerian football. Do your research, we have so many quality options, a few seconds of quality football and we scored against Zambia. Nonsense
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan what's your own? You sound angry, Moses Simon has earned his place in the team, it's up to the other ones to displace him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:9jaMan what's your own? You sound angry, Moses Simon has earned his place in the team, it's up to the other ones to displace him.
Iwobi did a pretty good job of it yesterday...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
maceo4 wrote:9jaMan what's your own? You sound angry, Moses Simon has earned his place in the team, it's up to the other ones to displace him.
Iwobi did a pretty good job of it yesterday...
Sure, but Moses has also scored in crucial games, and also played well vs Zambia, lack of awareness from Ighalo meant we didn't score earlier.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Moses Simon is definately a squad player, who should most likely be Russia bound, a good bench option, but in no way a starting 11. He does put in a good defensive shift though, so he may be a starter if we are playing a top team and we want good defensive cover on the flanks, but if we want a creater and a more clinical and technical winger, hell no.

the big loser to me is Ahmed Musa.

There is no way this player should be on the plane to Russia, even to warm the bench. Too many better options right now, and the guy has shown his limitations over the past few years. He no be am. The fact that Simon is currently ahead of him should spell the end of his SE career.
adebisy
Egg
Egg

Post by adebisy »

vancity eagle wrote:Moses Simon is definately a squad player, who should most likely be Russia bound, a good bench option, but in no way a starting 11. He does put in a good defensive shift though, so he may be a starter if we are playing a top team and we want good defensive cover on the flanks, but if we want a creater and a more clinical and technical winger, hell no.

There is no way this player should be on the plane to Russia, even to warm the bench. Too many better options right now, and the guy has shown his limitations over the past few years. He no be am. The fact that Simon is currently ahead of him should spell the end of his SE career.
Agreed. I am not sold on his creative ability. He was the one that wasn't aware on the cross he gave to ighalo, he didn't look before taking the cross, as a result the weight was too much. Ighalo was watching him and anticipating the cross.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote:Moses Simon is definately a squad player, who should most likely be Russia bound, a good bench option, but in no way a starting 11. He does put in a good defensive shift though, so he may be a starter if we are playing a top team and we want good defensive cover on the flanks, but if we want a creater and a more clinical and technical winger, hell no.

KPOM!. I am NOT convinced Simon is the best option we have. In fact, Iwobi already proved that. I'm not sure He is our second best option. I don't think he is. I expect 2 - 3 people on this team today to be dropped ahead of WC. Rohr will probably not do more than that so Simon may well be safe.

1. Musa
2. Mikel Agu
3. On the GKs

Wild Card - Less likely is Elderson.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

But Iwobi was poor in the last two matches he played.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Sorry we need Moses Simon. His pace will bother slow #$% European teams at the WC.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

adebisy wrote:

Agreed. I am not sold on his creative ability. He was the one that wasn't aware on the cross he gave to ighalo, he didn't look before taking the cross, as a result the weight was too much. Ighalo was watching him and anticipating the cross.
A bit unfair. Look at minute 1.52 and focus on Ighalo. He slowed down on the penalty spot as he seemed to want the ball cup back toward the pk spot rather than crash the face of the goal which was the right pass to make. A cut back to where Ighalo was most likely would have been intercepted by Zambian in front of Ighalo. The cross / pass was perfect.

This kind of anticipation is where Iheanacho thrives, and i can bet my last $$ he would have buried that if he were in the position Ighalo was in. (ps. this is not a criticism of Ighalo as he had a decent all around game on Saturday against Zambia).

[/video]
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ogasir wrote:The dude has put in some pretty decent crosses into the box in his last 3 games than he did his entire previous SE career. I wonder what Gernot Rohr told him.
i noticed that as , seems to have improved his game a lot, since against Cameroon the guy has been on fire.. what also impressed me, was the guys defensive traits, for a smaller size player, his actually has some serious physical aspect added to his game, tracks back, recovers loose balls etc... I am really liking this guy all of a sudden . I now see why Rohr like playing him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

one thing i actually like about Moses S, when he wants to take a cross , i don't know how to describe it, but he makes a juke before hitting the ball, this actually puts off the defensive player it seems like he is about to stop but he actually glides before hitting the cross, saw him do it vs Cameroon as well and also vs Zambia.. this guy has really improved
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Moses has been putting in great crosses at gent for a couple years, it's the mugus on CE that failed to realize that a team needs to gel before we start discarding players for silly reasons like not giving pinpoint crosses. Difference now is that he knows where to put the ball and where his teammates will be.
OCCUPY NFF!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

metalalloy wrote:
adebisy wrote:

A bit unfair. Look at minute 1.52 and focus on Ighalo. He slowed down on the penalty spot as he seemed to want the ball cup back toward the pk spot rather than crash the face of the goal which was the right pass to make. A cut back to where Ighalo was most likely would have been intercepted by Zambian in front of Ighalo. The cross / pass was perfect.

This kind of anticipation is where Iheanacho thrives, and i can bet my last $$ he would have buried that if he were in the position Ighalo was in. (ps. this is not a criticism of Ighalo as he had a decent all around game on Saturday against Zambia).

[/video]

:agree: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

adebisy wrote:

Nah, Ighalo slowed his run down to keep up with the defender as if he was trying to stay onside. He should have instead be keeping up with the ball and it would be an easy tap in. The cross was perfect, what more can you ask for, bent it around the last defender and out of the reach of the keeper. Guess when y'all just decide to hate somebody nothing they do can be good enough.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
adebisy wrote:

[/video]
You best me to it, KPOMADE!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

I have seen the Eagles last 3 home games live in Uyo, and from my direct observation, it would be extremely hard for anyone to push Moses Simon out of the team. Iwobi scored the goal yesterday, as a direct replacement, but up to that Simon might have been the best Nigerian player on the field in the eyes of the coach. He was certainly the better Moses in the game.

In the first half, when the game was really tight, he managed to create space to get a good shot on target. I believe it was the first time Kennedy Mwene was tested.

Had a bit of direct running that resulted in free kicks in the final 3rd (Also frustratingly passed the ball back atimes in the second half). I believe both of these tendencies are coaching adjustments to his game, instead of this usual stop & take on the man approach (not sure if by Rohr, or at the club level)

Called for the ball (screaming and waving of hands) when Ighalo was dribbling and trying to create space by the goalline. Had a decent effort off target. He had to go for the spectacular as the ball was behind him.

Baring injuries or other unforeseen circumstances, here are reasons why Simon is almost definitely a lock for the World Cup.

1) Plays very well with Victor Moses. In the last 3 game (Cameroon x 2 & Zambia), notice how they keep switching wings. This is a nightmare for most defenders as you are likely to lose your man at some point.

2) Sprinting back when we lose possession. This has to be seen to be believed because he stands out. This dude sprints back on D, the same way he sprints when we are attacking. He is almost certain to catch up with the man and get the tackle or foul in the opponents half when he loses possession, and he has the same attitude of disrupting the play when other strikers lose the ball. (Some other guys don't show the same urgency even when they lose the ball in our own half)

3) Best old school style Naija dribbler on the team. He has shown this even against ruffians like Cameroon. While VicMo might be great with dribbling on the move, Moses Simon is great with the old school stop, tease you a little and go past you dribble. I saw Bazee's clips and he does not even seem to be in 'control' of his body while dribbling. I doubt Bazee will make the Nigerian team soon, not to talk about benching Simon. Simon must be salivating to take on European defenders on the wings. He seems coachable and has a lot of good tools. He tests the keeper in just about every game he plays for Nigeria even if he is on the wings.

I'd say get used to him starting for the Eagles. He is a valuable addition to the team
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Also Moses Simon very good with both feet. I do not think there is anyone in the team who is good with both feet as he is
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Moses has been putting in great crosses at gent for a couple years...

Difference now is that he knows where to put the ball and where his teammates will be.
Talking from both sides of your mouth....
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote:Simon must be salivating to take on European defenders on the wings.
Just being Devil's Advocate here.... are the European defenders he faces in Europe every week quaking at the thought of facing him?

And remember - no be just European defenders he may face at the World Cup - don't forget the quick Latin American and Asian defenders? :wink:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024