Felix Uduokhai...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Felix Uduokhai...

Post by Tobi17 »

Wolfsburg German-Nigerian Defender Uduokhai Turns Down Fresh Approach...
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/10/20/wo ... from-rohr/

Highly rated Wolfsburg defender Felix Ohis Uduokhai has turned down a fresh approach from Nigeria to be a part of their squad to the World Cup 2018 in Russia.

Uduokhai who is presently a German youth international has grown into one of the best young ‎defenders in the German Bundesliga since his move from second division side 1860 Munich to Wolfsburg.

His performance made Nigeria who are already through to the World Cup to approach him to switch allegiance to them, but according to Germany based Nigerian journalist Oma Akatugba, Uduokhai turned down the approach.

” He (Uduokhai) does not seem interested. He is more focused on‎ playing for Germany, where he is a youth international. He says he has been approached but wants to focus on his game for now”, Akatugba told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” When you hear this kind of statements you know what they mean”, Akatugba concluded.

won't take anything from own goal with a grain of salt yet, but if these report is true...then we have to move on from the Uduokhai noise here, at these point let the foreign born lads come to us and beg to play for Nigeria, tired of the begging already, let the likes of Tammy and Uduokhai keep for waiting on England and Germany respectively, tired of the hype already.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Felix Uduokhai...

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Let us hear what Rohr has to say about it. Until then I will hold my fire
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:Wolfsburg German-Nigerian Defender Uduokhai Turns Down Fresh Approach...

Highly rated Wolfsburg defender Felix Ohis Uduokhai has turned down a fresh approach from Nigeria to be a part of their squad to the World Cup 2018 in Russia.

Uduokhai who is presently a German youth international has grown into one of the best young ‎defenders in the German Bundesliga since his move from second division side 1860 Munich to Wolfsburg.

His performance made Nigeria who are already through to the World Cup to approach him to switch allegiance to them, but according to Germany based Nigerian journalist Oma Akatugba, Uduokhai turned down the approach.

” He (Uduokhai) does not seem interested. He is more focused on‎ playing for Germany, where he is a youth international. He says he has been approached but wants to focus on his game for now”, Akatugba told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” When you hear this kind of statements you know what they mean”, Akatugba concluded.

won't take anything from own goal with a grain of salt yet, but if these report is true...then we have to move on from the Uduokhai noise here, at these point let the foreign born lads come to us and beg to play for Nigeria, tired of the begging already, let the likes of Tammy and Uduokhai keep for waiting on England and Germany respectively, tired of the hype already.
I didn't even know that he was approached.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

This is one of the benefits of raising your own players. Has any player raised by Nigeria ever turned Nigeria down?

I am sure there have been been, but can't think of one myself.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Good so no need to ask again (if true)!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Tbite wrote:This is one of the benefits of raising your own players. Has any player raised by Nigeria ever turned Nigeria down?

Emmanuel Olisadebe played for Poland but was born and bred in 9ja doe this count?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Flex Swift wrote:
Tbite wrote:This is one of the benefits of raising your own players. Has any player raised by Nigeria ever turned Nigeria down?

Emmanuel Olisadebe played for Poland but was born and bred in 9ja doe this count?
Olisadebe did not turn Nigeria down. When Poland invited him to play for them, he got in touch with the NFA. Our people told him to drop if he wants to be invited to the Eagles so he told them where to go.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Olisadebe did not turn Nigeria down. When Poland invited him to play for them, he got in touch with the NFA. Our people told him to drop if he wants to be invited to the Eagles so he told them where to go.
:rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

True Ayo. I remember that.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If u are a world class talent, playing for Nigeria is not really an attractive option if you have other world class options in the near future.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Let us hear what Rohr has to say about it. Until then I will hold my fire
Ayo, please spit the fire now, I want to hear your opinion in this matter. For me and if the article is true, then good luck to him and good luck to our Super-eagles as well. He might be disappointed very soon.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Wolfsburg German-Nigerian Defender Uduokhai Turns Down Fresh Approach...

Cheya, you mean the NFF didnt call you first?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

True Ayo. I remember that.
Thus, the bribery (pay to-be-invited or pay-to-play) has been going on for a long time? Perhaps this is part of the reasons our national teams has not lived up to its potential, everybody looking for ways to make or still money
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Check your email. :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Where the sun dont shine?? :woot: :woot:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Nothing new there. You've proven over time that you know nothing :sneaky: :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Odas wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Let us hear what Rohr has to say about it. Until then I will hold my fire
Ayo, please spit the fire now, I want to hear your opinion in this matter. For me and if the article is true, then good luck to him and good luck to our Super-eagles as well. He might be disappointed very soon.

To be honest I do not believe this story. Clubs generally do not let their players comment on such issues. What normally happens is that the club's press officer will issue a statement on the players' behalf.

Let us get an official comment then I will talk. For now, this is hearsay
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tobi17 wrote:we have to move on from the Uduokhai noise here, at these point let the foreign born lads come to us and beg to play for Nigeria, tired of the begging already, let the likes of Tammy and Uduokhai keep for waiting on England and Germany respectively, tired of the hype already.
Some of you guys need to get this idea of "begging" out of your heads. Nobody is being begged to play. It's revealing you'd use that word.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Where you the one who told him to "drop"? :roll:

Dude, even Mr. Olisadebe himself acknowledges pretty much the same thing that Taribo West stated in an article post by EII on this forum sometime ago regarding Olisadebe's non-invitation (and substantively reaffirmed by our own Dean Oloye, who incidentally played at Unilorin as did Olisadebe) -Nigeria's coaches during the period from Olisadebe leaving Nigeria in 1997 and becoming a Polish citizen in 2000 (Bonfrere, Amodu, Troussier and Bora) just did not think him good enough and many Nigerians (including segments of the press) were openly contemptuous of the quality of the Polish league.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nig ... -for-other
Olisadebe: More footballers will dump Nigeria for other countries

By Shina Oludare0
Oct 3, 2014 12:40:00

Former Poland international Emmanuel Olisadebe has envisaged that more Nigeria star footballers will dump the country for other nations.

The bulky striker who had 22 caps for the Polish national team and got the country’s first goal at the 2002 Fifa World Cup said this trend will continue if good players are not given the chance to put on the green and white jersey.

"It will not stop, especially when you cannot play for your country because you are playing in a country where their league is not among the best,” Olisadebe told Punch.

"It’s based on personal decision and the way the player wants to move on with his life. Because they really want to showcase what they have internationally, players can decide to adopt certain countries and play for them.”

He also faulted officials of the Nigeria football house as a reason for this ugly trend citing politics as a major factor as he was in his playing days not given a national team call-up despite his impressive displays.

"There are many factors involved in a player wanting to play for another country. From my personal experience, I was doing well but I was never called up, even for the Flying Eagles. Since [Poland] appreciated my efforts, I decided to play for them,” he continued.

"Another player may tell you a different story. Maybe it’s a way of securing his future, getting a foreign passport and things like that. For me, I decided to play for Poland because they appreciated me and gave me the opportunity.

"Because Polonia won three cups in 2000, our coach was given the national team job. I contributed a lot to his success and in trying to pay me back, he decided to invite me to the national team and I didn’t reject the offer,” he concluded.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

:)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

Dude, even Mr. Olisadebe himself acknowledges pretty much the same thing that Taribo West stated in an article post by EII on this forum sometime ago regarding Olisadebe's non-invitation (and substantively reaffirmed by our own Dean Oloye, who incidentally played at Unilorin as did Olisadebe) -Nigeria's coaches during the period from Olisadebe leaving Nigeria in 1997 and becoming a Polish citizen in 2000 (Bonfrere, Amodu, Troussier and Bora) just did not think him good enough and many Nigerians (including segments of the press) were openly contemptuous of the quality of the Polish league.

By Shina Oludare0

Former Poland international Emmanuel Olisadebe has envisaged that more Nigeria star footballers will dump the country for other nations.

The bulky striker who had 22 caps for the Polish national team and got the country’s first goal at the 2002 Fifa World Cup said this trend will continue if good players are not given the chance to put on the green and white jersey.

"It will not stop, especially when you cannot play for your country because you are playing in a country where their league is not among the best,” Olisadebe told Punch.

"It’s based on personal decision and the way the player wants to move on with his life. Because they really want to showcase what they have internationally, players can decide to adopt certain countries and play for them.”

He also faulted officials of the Nigeria football house as a reason for this ugly trend citing politics as a major factor as he was in his playing days not given a national team call-up despite his impressive displays.

"There are many factors involved in a player wanting to play for another country. From my personal experience, I was doing well but I was never called up, even for the Flying Eagles. Since [Poland] appreciated my efforts, I decided to play for them,” he continued.

"Another player may tell you a different story. Maybe it’s a way of securing his future, getting a foreign passport and things like that. For me, I decided to play for Poland because they appreciated me and gave me the opportunity.

"Because Polonia won three cups in 2000, our coach was given the national team job. I contributed a lot to his success and in trying to pay me back, he decided to invite me to the national team and I didn’t reject the offer,” he concluded.

Dey there dey yarn opaks. A particular person was in charge of dropping at the NFA at the time. It was this same guy who asked Patrick Owomoyela to drop. I got a call from Germany at the time asking if this is how we do things in Naija?

No need to argue with you as the likes of Sir V, Mister Dolly, Waffiman, etc know the full gist. Olisade had not yet featured for Poland when Chukwu began his Hey You programme so could easily have been called up had he “played ball.”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:

By Shina Oludare0

Dey there dey yarn opaks. A particular person was in charge of dropping at the NFA at the time. It was this same guy who asked Patrick Owomoyela to drop. I got a call from Germany at the time asking if this is how we do things in Naija?

No need to argue with you as the likes of Sir V, Mister Dolly, Waffiman, etc know the full gist. Olisade had not yet featured for Poland when Chukwu began his Hey You programme so could easily have been called up had he “played ball.”
Unku Ayo, you remain indefatigable. No one was in charge of dropping. You don't know how Naija works. Folks make false representation ALL the time. Right now somebody is pretending to be NFF President or representing the coach and making promises to players and agents.

This is chopping season... Hammering time... One Chance...

Ps., the racket ongoing is who to smuggle in the official list to Russia. NSC list, NFF list, Sports Ministry list, Supporters Club list, SWAN list... and everybody get agents promising you na dem 'Oga' send...

Pps., If BigTurkey, HemiBrassiere, BabaKolinzo and Tifco tell you they are in charge of our own CE list...na you sabi. I don't know the going rate :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!