How do you stop City?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
How do you stop City?

Post by paj »

I ask before but una no talk...maybe now una go talk :evil: ..if U be coach going into a match vs City how do U stop/beat dem? :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How do you stop City?

Post by bushboy »

Liverpool is the only team I give a shot to beat city. The ref ruined the first game with the red to Mane.
You play an open game with Liverpool and they will kill you. Man City is built to lose to Pool. They will beat any team, but Liverpool is the wrong matchup for them.
I look forward to the next game between these two.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

paj wrote:I ask before but una no talk...maybe now una go talk :evil: ..if U be coach going into a match vs City how do U stop/beat dem? :twisted:
It is easy: you score ONE goal more than City does!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

paj wrote:I ask before but una no talk...maybe now una go talk :evil: ..if U be coach going into a match vs City how do U stop/beat dem? :twisted:
Shaktar beat them
It was not a.full strength City but still beaten.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bushboy no way Liverfool is beating Man Shitty.The best result would be a draw. Liverfool has no defence Nuff said.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
ceejay22
Egg
Egg

Post by ceejay22 »

The team that has the ability to stop them na Chelsea but our sissy of a coach gave them too much respect. City back line has a weakness. Their attack and midfield are great. If u can match and outnumber them in the middle and prevent their playmakers in Debruyne and Silvia from getting the ball and supplying their front line, u will have a good shot at them. They play possession football, if u disrupt that from the onset, they don't have a plan B. That's a typical Pep team. Even his Barca of yesteryears always struggled against CFC.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Knowing the EPL, they may lose one, two or three games but this season is a wrap for them already but watch out for the reaction next season. Looks like Guardiola studied the opponents very well after his nose got badly bloodied last season and his response, with the help of blank check, has been phenomenal. However, don't get carried away by what you read. If you actually watch Man City, you could see the weaknesses and several moments of clear confusion every other week - it's just that everybody talks only about who wins at the end of the day and how good they are, and that's how it should be :mrgreen: .

*Regardless of the statistics being touted, United had no business losing to City (Go watch the match again) - and with Pogba in the mix I think it's a different ball game. Other teams that can do the business even this season are Chelsea, Liverpool/Arsenal (On their very good day).
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Polly wrote:
It is easy: you score ONE goal more than City does!
It wasn't a trick question so I wonder why trick dey answer :evil:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

YemiBrazil wrote:Knowing the EPL, they may lose one, two or three games but this season is a wrap for them already but watch out for the reaction next season. Looks like Guardiola studied the opponents very well after his nose got badly bloodied last season and his response, with the help of blank check, has been phenomenal. However, don't get carried away by what you read. If you actually watch Man City, you could see the weaknesses and several moments of clear confusion every other week - it's just that everybody talks only about who wins at the end of the day and how good they are, and that's how it should be :mrgreen: .

*Regardless of the statistics being touted, United had no business losing to City (Go watch the match again) - and with Pogba in the mix I think it's a different ball game. Other teams that can do the business even this season are Chelsea, Liverpool/Arsenal (On their very good day).
That's why I was so pissed when the mumu got the stupid red. He would have outclassed KdB in that middle and would have pulled the strings better..for all the noise being made I thought it'd be worse but it was a lot closer than I expected..

...btw..the whole melee supposedly caused by Jose is just the beginning of another mind game..just watch out for their next few meetings..E go bloody :taunt:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

ceejay22 wrote:The team that has the ability to stop them na Chelsea but our sissy of a coach gave them too much respect. City back line has a weakness. Their attack and midfield are great. If u can match and outnumber them in the middle and prevent their playmakers in Debruyne and Silvia from getting the ball and supplying their front line, u will have a good shot at them. They play possession football, if u disrupt that from the onset, they don't have a plan B. That's a typical Pep team. Even his Barca of yesteryears always struggled against CFC.
To be honest it wasnt a matter of playing scared. They had one more day of rest and played a yeye opponent at Etihad in CL...so the strategy was the right strategy. Block the passing lanes(which we did very well ) and hit them on the counter..however the plan turned to isht when DongoYaro( Morata) pulled a hammy early. Did VM even play that game? Our players were leggy...as soon as we made subs after dem score it opened up. City are good but they are not as good as people made them out to be joor..
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Based on the natural way they play and personnel - Leicester.

How - Pack the midfield and defence to stop the short passes ( this frustrates the heck out of Pep and accordingly his players ) and then hit them on the counter.

Poll would have been good save that they have no defence - Leicester on the other hand have the right setup but make silly mistakes , if they can play 80 mins error free they can nick it.

Burnley too but strikers are too slow :atc: for counter be effective
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

bret- hart wrote:Bushboy no way Liverfool is beating Man Shitty.The best result would be a draw. Liverfool has no defence Nuff said.
Liverpool can beat city. Go back and watch the first game and tell me how things were going before the Mane red card.
You dare not play an open game with Liverpool. You will lose! Play defensively and hit on the counter and their defense will gift you a goal. But if you think for a second that City's style of football will work against Liverpool, then you are wrong. I can see a 4-3 type of scoreline with pool coming out on top.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

To stop City, you need to have a great off season.
Get better offensive players that can neutralize all the weaponry City have in their arsenal.

For sure, you are not going to stop Citi by fighting and squabbling through the transfer season.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Chelsea played a somewhat unsure game last time at Stanford bridge and having lost Morata to injury they were toothless upfront. At least in the next game they are sure the sit, park the bus and take MC on the counter.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yes, Pogba is blacker than molasses and of course this tints the glasses, but taking off one's Nation of Islam suit and cap, truth is, DeBruyne was always going to d#$% down the midfield. Pogba wasn't getting close and if assigned a man-marking role, would've been wasted. Tintin has being doing them like the Congo all season. It's good PP didn't play, they would've caricatured him with the reddest lips and widest eyes. Game for game, DeBruyne has been what every Farook hoped Pogba would be. Imperial.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

How do you stop City?
Two words. Sam. Big Sam.
How big? Huge.
Everton?? Nope. Bolton.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Coach wrote:Yes, Pogba is blacker than molasses and of course this tints the glasses, but taking off one's Nation of Islam suit and cap, truth is, DeBruyne was always going to d#$% down the midfield. Pogba wasn't getting close and if assigned a man-marking role, would've been wasted. Tintin has being doing them like the Congo all season. It's good PP didn't play, they would've caricatured him with the reddest lips and widest eyes. Game for game, DeBruyne has been what every Farook hoped Pogba would be. Imperial.
Kpom....blessing come in as disguise. Considering the daft statement he made leading to the game about City players getting injured....the table was pretty much set in the presence of his enemies!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Had he played and United lost, which was very possible, he'd have been type-casted as a white elephant, a Baabar in need of a leaf out of DeBruyne's book. His absence allows the "if Pogba played" circus to roll into town. Simply put, DeBruyne is playing like the once upon a time most expensive player in the world. Pogba, thus far, still has a way to go to eclipse Yaya Toure of a few seasons back. As far as this season is concerned, he's not touching Bruyne, it's kind of like Craig Mack on the same track as Chris Wallace. At that point in time, with the way City were playing and Mourinho's double decker fetish, Pogba would've joined the club and been monkeyed all the way by the media. There will be many other oportubites for Paul to do it like DeBruyne, anyone suggesting he has probably considers talk of Lukaku's technique, racially motivated.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:^Had he played and United lost, which was very possible, he'd have been type-casted as a white elephant, a Baabar in need of a leaf out of DeBruyne's book. His absence allows the "if Pogba played" circus to roll into town. Simply put, DeBruyne is playing like the once upon a time most expensive player in the world. Pogba, thus far, still has a way to go to eclipse Yaya Toure of a few seasons back. As far as this season is concerned, he's not touching Bruyne, it's kind of like Craig Mack on the same track as Chris Wallace. At that point in time, with the way City were playing and Mourinho's double decker fetish, Pogba would've joined the club and been monkeyed all the way by the media. There will be many other oportubites for Paul to do it like DeBruyne, anyone suggesting he has probably considers talk of Lukaku's technique, racially motivated.
Coach, if we are still talking about the actual matchday involving Man United against Man City last week, that wasn't a match you can comfortably say that De Bruyne showed up so I don't know what your epistle here is all about unless you have been itching to make some 'important' personal points about Pogba?

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

There is no stopping City this season. Start planning for 2018/19.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

This is how you know a progressive quality Coach has done a good job. You will never hear this question asked about a team "Parking the bus"..

Negative park the bus style football will have its day, but Good football is the best way...long term.
To God be the glory
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Mourinho will get them back at the Etihad. Pep aint doing double on Mo.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Skylolo wrote:This is how you know a progressive quality Coach has done a good job. You will never hear this question asked about a Park the Bus team.
Absolutely true. Imagine not being able to ask this kind of question about a certain popular team with no EPL title since 2004 and a manager that has been there since 1996?