Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 4829
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Naija forever.

Gotti wrote:
asabatex wrote:
Uncle Gotti is an American.... :lol: :lol: :lol: oya gerrout this is a nigerian forum... :D

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Country of birth, not country of choice...
When I got my first-ever Naija passport and proudly put it up on FB, biggest yabs were from Nigerians!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:59 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: uk
Robotnik wrote:


Lost interest when I heard synthetic pitch.

_________________
yes o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 53420
Location: United Kingdom
papilo wrote:
Robotnik wrote:


Lost interest when I heard synthetic pitch.



This is Onikan Stadium. Nothing to do with the National Stadium in Surulere.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 52985
Pictures

http://www.slava-bogu.com/blog1.html


5 k is too small, should at least be 20K.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 52985
Look at this stadium just less than a mile from my house in Colorado. About 20K seater, didn't cost a lot of money. Why don't they build something like this?

Image

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 12203
Location: South London
Ok,I don’t understand why Nigerians continue to believe when these people chat Shizimes?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 27853
ohenhen1 wrote:
Look at this stadium just less than a mile from my house in Colorado. About 20K seater, didn't cost a lot of money. Why don't they build something like this?

Dude, it cost the equivalent of about N24 billion (US$65 million in 2007 - and probably more today)... :oops:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 54633
Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Look at this stadium just less than a mile from my house in Colorado. About 20K seater, didn't cost a lot of money. Why don't they build something like this?

Dude, it cost the equivalent of about N24 billion (US$65 million in 2007 - and probably more today)... :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: The guy would give Ayo Akinfe a run for his money in the posting without thinking stakes.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 52985
Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Look at this stadium just less than a mile from my house in Colorado. About 20K seater, didn't cost a lot of money. Why don't they build something like this?

Dude, it cost the equivalent of about N24 billion (US$65 million in 2007 - and probably more today)... :oops:



$65 million is not a lot of money. Even at $100 million, it is still okay.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:18 pm
Posts: 6406
mapet wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chopping time. Another renovation exercise only to be left to rot again. I'd like to see how much to renovate a relic and compare to the cost of new stadiums all over the place?


...but the Lagos State govt renovated Teslim Balogun Stadium 10years ago and it is still well maintained



This is a federal stadium that's hardly ever used with another stadium in Abuja?

_________________
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Posts: 1218
Gotti wrote:
The real deal wrote:
Chief Gotti, its not that simple. Preventive or primary healthcare will do nothing to make US system better. Nothing. The truth about the system is Americans want CHOICES.......patients without insurance can fire specialists (Surgeons) and ask for alternatives, can get a PET scan in the smallest American city....Look, there's more resources for the have nots in this system, I swear.....community clinics, residencies, all Big hospitals run free clinics, special programs.....There's so much outlets for so called indigent....My county even established insurance for them.....Look, any system that'd spoil you with so much choices will be expensive, period! No country can match what US has to over, I experienced NHS, England for 1 year. This country seeks perfection in everything. Trust me. Its imperfection will be the stopping point for most countries.
As for the National Stadium, I wish I were in a position to take the risk, I would.......maybe with your help

One more thing: if you do not have money, you do NOT have choices...

While I am forever proud of the US as my country of birth and the country that I have proudly spent by far the majority of my life thus far in, thankfully the qualitative education that I received mostly in the US has endowed me with enough independent thought not to drink the so-called “choices” Kool-Aid being peddled by paid lobbyists (and the politicians benefiting from their legalized corruption). If these “choices” were so beneficial, Congress would opt-out of its “socialist” single-payer system and allow each Congressperson to make his/her own individual choice! I do not want to stray too far (we have strayed far enough from the topic already), this past Sunday, we had the worst mass shooting, perpetuated with a fully automatic weapon, in a country that on the average has more than 1 mass shooting (defined as more than 4 persons shot - excluding the shooter) per day - 383 mass shootings in 2016, with 33,000 gun-related deaths. But instead of enacting reasonable gun control legislation like every other advanced democracy (because paid lobbyists have couched it as a matter of “freedom”), let’s instead concentrate on the “best” equipment (akin to your PET scan argument) deployed by the Police after the occurrence of something that might well have been prevented (or at least chances thereof significantly diminished).


Hmm Gotti,
Here’s a question for you. Are you sure, or significantly confident that you have enough perspective to strongly argue for socialized medicine AGAINST privatized medicine to the point of conclusion or almost debasing privatized systems? First, some of the comments you’ve made in buttressing your point jump out at me namely…

1. Interacted or have experience via work experience from financial / finance industry lens (in the US, wall street)
2. You were born, mostly lived in the US, and quite intimate with the US system (which is mostly privatized?)
Nigerian award winner author / Novelist Chimamanda Adichie in her video – The Danger of single story (https://ed.ted.com/featured/TXtMhXIA#review) introduced what i reckon is a relevant concept in your discourse. In summary, a story, spoken within the context of one perspective risks a critical misunderstanding.
Many people in the US, have an opinion, strong opinion about the US health system. Many have and have formed that opinion based on their singular experience within mostly the US system. Some that have lived and been served in it are convinced that the systems in Canada and the UK are better. Certain singular perspectives like the price of drugs being cheaper (a generalization) are sometimes used to support or discount the argument.

Gotti, I can tell you’re not stupid. I started this conversation with a question that you can answer to yourself honestly. I think your arguments are laced with very scary generalizations.

Comparative Experience:

I’m a bit fortunate (or unfortunate) to have comparative experience and perspective of both the US and Canadian systems. I lived in the UK and have perspective of the NHS but I was too young. When I say perceptives, I don’t mean lived and experience one perspective and then read up on the other. I mean experienced both perspectives as a practitioner and a client.
Gotti, If this was 2014, I would have been ALL for your position with endorsements. It would however have come from a singular perspective. In 2014, I personally had strong reservations for the US healthcare system for the reasons you stated. At the time, I had lived in the US for 15 years – straight. My healthcare perspective was singular, mostly US. Fast forward to 2016, on account of my experience with the Canadian system, I have had to soften my stance, mostly negative stance on the privatized US style. I live in Canada now.
In socialized systems as you have in Canada, UK, the major advantage of healthcare access (due to affordability) is ONLY theoretical. Why? Because in many instances socialization creates a significant demand / supply imbalance that triggers a wait list. LONG waits in many cases. While everyone has a right and covered for many preventive routines via walk-ins BUT mostly via his/her family DOCTOR, access is impossible if the wait to get a family doctor is so long. What benefit is “free” or what is accessibility without availability? The Canadian Province of Nova Scotia currently has a 5 year wait for a family Doctor. 5 years. So yes, while money is not the barrier, there still is a barrier. For example, immigrants that arrive in these provinces may not have family Doctors for 5 years. You see that the impeding factor has changed from money to “indigenous advantage”. You can’t benefit from preventive care when there’s scarcity of critical skill. Is it free, yes, but people give up when accessibility is a nightmare and the outcome is the same as what you have in the US or worse when viewed through an accessibility lens. You see someone trained still has to see you for prevention. The scarcity in Canada also involves Doctor Alternatives – Nurse Practitioners. Please take a read at this - https://globalnews.ca/news/3837974/nova ... ly-doctor/

I typically caution people of the risks of analysis and conclusion within healthcare via the mostly accessibility lens. Don’t get me wrong, accessibility is a valid lens but I’d rather compare through an outcomes lens.

I am not advocating for one or the other here, I just want you to temper what appears to read like conviction. Realdeal might have a point and he might have a stronger point in his warning on the argument that your points might be based on dangerous generalizations. I personally get a bit worried when folks that are (I suspect) as informed as you are, make global conclusions (i.e. almost so convinced of one perspective over the other) on what in my opinion are generalizations borne out of singular stories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 27853
icee wrote:
Hmm Gotti,
Here’s a question for you. Are you sure, or significantly confident that you have enough perspective to strongly argue for socialized medicine AGAINST privatized medicine to the point of conclusion or almost debasing privatized systems? First, some of the comments you’ve made in buttressing your point jump out at me namely…

1. Interacted or have experience via work experience from financial / finance industry lens (in the US, wall street)
2. You were born, mostly lived in the US, and quite intimate with the US system (which is mostly privatized?)
Nigerian award winner author / Novelist Chimamanda Adichie in her video – The Danger of single story (https://ed.ted.com/featured/TXtMhXIA#review) introduced what i reckon is a relevant concept in your discourse. In summary, a story, spoken within the context of one perspective risks a critical misunderstanding.
Many people in the US, have an opinion, strong opinion about the US health system. Many have and have formed that opinion based on their singular experience within mostly the US system. Some that have lived and been served in it are convinced that the systems in Canada and the UK are better. Certain singular perspectives like the price of drugs being cheaper (a generalization) are sometimes used to support or discount the argument.

Gotti, I can tell you’re not stupid. I started this conversation with a question that you can answer to yourself honestly. I think your arguments are laced with very scary generalizations.

Comparative Experience:

I’m a bit fortunate (or unfortunate) to have comparative experience and perspective of both the US and Canadian systems. I lived in the UK and have perspective of the NHS but I was too young. When I say perceptives, I don’t mean lived and experience one perspective and then read up on the other. I mean experienced both perspectives as a practitioner and a client.
Gotti, If this was 2014, I would have been ALL for your position with endorsements. It would however have come from a singular perspective. In 2014, I personally had strong reservations for the US healthcare system for the reasons you stated. At the time, I had lived in the US for 15 years – straight. My healthcare perspective was singular, mostly US. Fast forward to 2016, on account of my experience with the Canadian system, I have had to soften my stance, mostly negative stance on the privatized US style. I live in Canada now.
In socialized systems as you have in Canada, UK, the major advantage of healthcare access (due to affordability) is ONLY theoretical. Why? Because in many instances socialization creates a significant demand / supply imbalance that triggers a wait list. LONG waits in many cases. While everyone has a right and covered for many preventive routines via walk-ins BUT mostly via his/her family DOCTOR, access is impossible if the wait to get a family doctor is so long. What benefit is “free” or what is accessibility without availability? The Canadian Province of Nova Scotia currently has a 5 year wait for a family Doctor. 5 years. So yes, while money is not the barrier, there still is a barrier. For example, immigrants that arrive in these provinces may not have family Doctors for 5 years. You see that the impeding factor has changed from money to “indigenous advantage”. You can’t benefit from preventive care when there’s scarcity of critical skill. Is it free, yes, but people give up when accessibility is a nightmare and the outcome is the same as what you have in the US or worse when viewed through an accessibility lens. You see someone trained still has to see you for prevention. The scarcity in Canada also involves Doctor Alternatives – Nurse Practitioners. Please take a read at this - https://globalnews.ca/news/3837974/nova ... ly-doctor/

I typically caution people of the risks of analysis and conclusion within healthcare via the mostly accessibility lens. Don’t get me wrong, accessibility is a valid lens but I’d rather compare through an outcomes lens.

I am not advocating for one or the other here, I just want you to temper what appears to read like conviction. Realdeal might have a point and he might have a stronger point in his warning on the argument that your points might be based on dangerous generalizations. I personally get a bit worried when folks that are (I suspect) as informed as you are, make global conclusions (i.e. almost so convinced of one perspective over the other) on what in my opinion are generalizations borne out of singular stories.

Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn.... :ohmy:

Sorry, but I did not bother to read the tedious thesis because long DOGMA bore the fux out of me. My point could not be simpler - while there are pluses and minuses in all systems, DOGMA should never paralyze us and perfection should not be the enemy of better. There is a reason that Congress have elected for themselves the so-called "Socialist" single-payer system. And btw, not only was I born in the US and enjoyed the very best of its educational and economic systems (Ivy League and Wall Street - which is as capitalist as it gets), but I have had the good fortune to live, school and work in the UK (again, Oxbridge and City of London), France (Sorbonne), the Middle East (Dubai) and of course Nigeria. Accordingly, to insult me with the drivel of a so-called "singular perspective" (whether it be cultural, educational, philosophical, social, economic or whatever) betrays a gross misapprehension of the discourse. Bros, I am not one of those Nigerians who Trump accused of not returning to your "huts" after seeing America. I hold strong INDEPENDENT opinions based on a variety of perspectives and do not simply regurgitate DOGMA (or, worse, the canned soundbites of paid lobbyists). SDMH

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 27853
BTW, it's easy to cherry pick anecdotal "evidence" to score cheap polemic points...
If I was similarly inclined, I'd proffer the following piece that shows wait times longer in the US than UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... e-than-nhs

Funny how when it comes to bailing out huge private banks, General Motors, Chrysler, Ford, the airlines, AIG, Fannie Mae, etc., we conveniently adopt the so-called "Socialist" system of utilizing public funds and asking taxpayers to collectively bear the costs. SMDH

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:10 pm
Posts: 1708
Location: pittsburgh
pajimoh wrote:
mapet wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Chopping time. Another renovation exercise only to be left to rot again. I'd like to see how much to renovate a relic and compare to the cost of new stadiums all over the place?


...but the Lagos State govt renovated Teslim Balogun Stadium 10years ago and it is still well maintained

This stadium had been renovated before. The maintenance of TBS is not a guarantee that this stadium will be maintained. How many stadiums in Lagos can we put to effective use and I'm not just talking about football related activities?

Even the national Stadium in Abuja constantly falls into state of disrepair.
Only stadiums dedicated to season long activities get regular maintenance



Wrong abbreviation my brother TBS is Tafawa Balewa Square


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 12848
Dem don finish the renovation?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 3015
nemi2002 wrote:
Dem don finish the renovation?

It won't even be finished 2023.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Obiagu and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group