NEW PLAYERS FOR SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
NEW PLAYERS FOR SE

Post by vancity eagle »

I want this thread to highlight some new and forgotten players who can add value to SE this summer.

And no this thread is not about marketing junk players but identifying legitimate prospects that can IMPROVE the team, whether it is the starting 11 or the bench options.

Samuel Eduok - 23 year old winger playing for Omeruo's Kasimpasa in Turkey. He has been playing regularly and has 6 goals and 2 assists. Is the Turkish league not stronger than the Belgium league ? This guy should be called up in March especially with injuries to Simon and Onyekuru

Azuibikwe Okechukwu - 20 year old midfielder who has been playing regularly in Turkey. some claimed his numbers are better than Mikel Agu. I remember he was a decent player at the Olympics and if he is playing regularly in Turkey I think he deserves consideration.

Joel Obi - we all know he has been playing regularly for Torino and has been scoring goals and getting assists. 4 goals and 2 assists

Samuel Kalu - 20 year old winger at Gent has 5 goals to his name and 1 assist. Again with injuries to many of our wingers, he should perhaps get a look

Isaac Success - Can be an immense talent if he can get playing time and stay healthy. I see he was on Watford bench for their last FA cup match. He needs to move somewhere and get playing time.

Dennis Bonaventure - 20 year old at Brugge, has been on bench of late but has 6 goals this season

Raheem Lawal - playing regularly in Turkey. I don't know why he has been overlooked but in the last game he played (friendly vs Luxembourg) he did very well displaying his range of passing

who else needs to be mentioned
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: NEW PLAYERS FOR SE

Post by marutimon »

Peter Olayinka
Abdullahi Suleiman
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

vancity eagle wrote:I want this thread to highlight some new and forgotten players who can add value to SE this summer.

And no this thread is not about marketing junk players but identifying legitimate prospects that can IMPROVE the team, whether it is the starting 11 or the bench options.

Samuel Eduok - 23 year old winger playing for Omeruo's Kasimpasa in Turkey. He has been playing regularly and has 6 goals and 2 assists. Is the Turkish league not stronger than the Belgium league ? This guy should be called up in March especially with injuries to Simon and Onyekuru

Azuibikwe Okechukwu - 20 year old midfielder who has been playing regularly in Turkey. some claimed his numbers are better than Mikel Agu. I remember he was a decent player at the Olympics and if he is playing regularly in Turkey I think he deserves consideration.

Joel Obi - we all know he has been playing regularly for Torino and has been scoring goals and getting assists. 4 goals and 2 assists

Samuel Kalu - 20 year old winger at Gent has 5 goals to his name and 1 assist. Again with injuries to many of our wingers, he should perhaps get a look

Isaac Success - Can be an immense talent if he can get playing time and stay healthy. I see he was on Watford bench for their last FA cup match. He needs to move somewhere and get playing time.

Dennis Bonaventure - 20 year old at Brugge, has been on bench of late but has 6 goals this season

Raheem Lawal - playing regularly in Turkey. I don't know why he has been overlooked but in the last game he played (friendly vs Luxembourg) he did very well displaying his range of passing

Only Joel from this list. Im convinced Rohr does his homework, and if JO stays healthy, he'll be called
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote:I want this thread to highlight some new and forgotten players who can add value to SE this summer.

Have u no shame? With your record of opaking you still open a new player thread.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Joel, Kalu and Azubuike are my strong three among this group, with injuries that have piled up and to address depth issues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The good news is CAN is around the corner as well
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

add DOMINIC VINICIUS to the list
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Isaac Success lol
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The more the merrier. They can all join the SE ..........after the world cup
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Why not add Aminu Umar? He's also playing in the Turkish league, isn't he?! :lol:

Some of you really need to actually watch players in actual games - and not in Internet text or news 'reports' - before touting such players. Off the back, based on actually watching said players in actual games, both Samuel Eduok and Raheem Lawal are nowhere near the form or level that would merit serious or earnest SE consideration, and each game that I watch Lawal he just seems to get poorer and slower (prolly because he appears fatter). I must confess however that I have always considered a rather marginal player and never quite grasped the fascination of some CE's with the dude (particularly MACEO, who is otherwise level-headed and considered :mrgreen: ).

Meanwhile, Samuel Kalu remains a perennial turnover machine who needs to fix so many aspects of his game and find some consistency (including holding down a regular starting role at club level at Gent) before being seriously considered as a bona fide SE prospect. Frankly, at this point Dennis Bonaventure is probably ahead of Kalu in his development, but even Bonaventure is struggling to get into the Brugge lineup, much less ready for the present SE squad. As for Isaac Success, WTF?! :shock:
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Have u no shame? With your record of opaking you still open a new player thread.

Why do you like provoking people? When he responds in kind nah you go run go report am or one of ya underlings. This is a clear example of baiting that you and your ilk thrive on ...anyway whatever
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Bunch of dreamers, agents and intermidiary. I highly doubt anyone except from Joel Obi in that list even deserves a look up this late to World Cup. Seriously, do you guys just enj
Yo speculating nonsense every 4 years?? This is the same nonsense stunt that you guys pulled 4 years ago around this time. You agents were asking for the likes of uchebo, azeez, nwafor, babatunde few months to World Cup even when it was clear that they aren’t good enough. Like I have said numerous times, the only basics of consideration so late at this point are
1, Exceptional players
2, Experienced valuable proven players
3, No Backwater league players

Among your list, only Joel Obi fit that category and I’m in support of Joel Obi call up. However, even if the coach decides to omit Joel Obi, I will still support the coach. Nonsense! The guys will sell their integrity and morals just for some change I’m absolutely happy that we have a confident coach in our sideline
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:

Why not add Aminu Umar? He's also playing in the Turkish league, isn't he?! :lol:

Some of you really need to actually watch players in actual games - and not in Internet text or news 'reports' - before touting such players. Off the back, based on actually watching said players in actual games, both Samuel Eduok and Raheem Lawal (who btw I must confess that I have always considered a rather marginal player and never quite grasped the fascination of some CE's - particularly MACEO, who is otherwise level-headed and considered :mrgreen: - with this dude) are nowhere near the form or level that would merit serious or earnest SE consideration, and each game that I watch Lawal he just seems to get poorer and slower (prolly because he appears fatter).

Meanwhile, Samuel Kalu remains a perennial turnover machine who needs to fix so many aspects of his game and find some consistency (including holding down a regular starting role at Gent) before being seriously considered as a bona fide SE prospect. Frankly, at this point Dennis Bonaventure is probably ahead of Kalu in his development, but even Bonaventure is struggling to get into the Brugge lineup, much less ready for the present SE squad. As for Isaac Success, WTF?! :shock:
I stopped calling for Lawal, dude just seems to be getting more out of shape and just cruising through the rest of his career. Oh well...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NEW PLAYERS FOR SEi

Post by Vindave »

Una wan kill Vancity eagle.. shuo :taunt: :lol: !
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I think you are all clearly missing VanCity’s jest here. He’s got Kalu and Success on the list for crissake.. He’s only joking guys. I love the way he threw in Joel just to really mess with y’all and make you actually think he’s being serious.
Nice one Van, nice one.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Bunch of dreamers, agents and intermidiary. I highly doubt anyone except from Joel Obi in that list even deserves a look up this late to World Cup. Seriously, do you guys just enj
Yo speculating nonsense every 4 years?? This is the same nonsense stunt that you guys pulled 4 years ago around this time. You agents were asking for the likes of uchebo, azeez, nwafor, babatunde few months to World Cup even when it was clear that they aren’t good enough. Like I have said numerous times, the only basics of consideration so late at this point are
1, Exceptional players
2, Experienced valuable proven players
3, No Backwater league players

Among your list, only Joel Obi fit that category and I’m in support of Joel Obi call up. However, even if the coach decides to omit Joel Obi, I will still support the coach. Nonsense! The guys will sell their integrity and morals just for some change I’m absolutely happy that we have a confident coach in our sideline

You realise that 2 of our wingers are out injured (simon and onyekuru)

and 1 hasn't played a single game all season (Musa)

So we only have 2 fit wingers who have actually done more than warm the bench for their clubs all season. (Moses, Iwobi)

It would be beyond stupid not to look at some other wingers.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

None of the players listed look special to me to crack the current squad.

I think the additions we need are

Enyeama to be in goal.

Give young guys like Uzoho, Alampasu, Awoniyi, Osimhen, Nwakili, Ejaria, Success chance to make the squad.

Give Joel Obi a chance to make the squad.

I think our best 11 is still

Enyeama
Shehu, Balogun, Ekong, Aina or Echiejile(let them battle it out in camp)

Onazi, Mikel, Ndidi

Iwobi, Ighalo, V Moses
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Onyekuru position isn’t even guaranteed prior to his injury so I can’t say if that’s a miss. Simon Moses should be fit before March also, in addition we have Musa, Moses, and iwobi who can play on the wings there’s also experienced Martins, ideye who can play as support striker and make no need of 2 wingers. There’s no way you really think Experienced proven musa should be dropped for those inexperienced backwater league players. Musa situation at club has been strictly politics and he should get back on his fit at Russia
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You cannot keep mentioning players you believe deserve a chance even if they aren’t an upgrade. Next time, before you suggest one of your clients for super eagles at this upcoming World Cup check if they’re an upgrade to what we have available and who they should replace on our current team. You guys are acting like there wouldn’t be super eagles after Russia 2018. After World Cup, you can mention whoever you like and I would be in support contingent on them being valuable
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:I stopped calling for Lawal, dude just seems to be getting more out of shape and just cruising through the rest of his career. Oh well...
Top man... :thumb:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss all the players he mentioned. Joel Obi is definitely worth looking at due to his versatility and ability to score. Like he said, with Simon and Onyekeru injured, it gives us an opportunity to try out some new or fringe players. It may be worthwhile to try Kalu or even a player like Samuel Adegbenro of Rosenborg. I also wonder if Nwakueme (who Rohr is familiar with) might be better on the wings, since I think that's where he plays for his club.

Peter Olayinka is another interesting prospect. At the moment, he may be more prepared for the SE than Awoniyi or Oshimen.

Azubuike is also another one to keep an eye on. Not sure how he compares to the likes of Onazi and Mikel Agu.
Gotti wrote:

Some of you really need to actually watch players in actual games - and not in Internet text or news 'reports' - before touting such players. Off the back, based on actually watching said players in actual games, both Samuel Eduok and Raheem Lawal are nowhere near the form or level that would merit serious or earnest SE consideration, and each game that I watch Lawal he just seems to get poorer and slower (prolly because he appears fatter). I must confess however that I have always considered a rather marginal player and never quite grasped the fascination of some CE's with the dude (particularly MACEO, who is otherwise level-headed and considered :mrgreen: ).

Meanwhile, Samuel Kalu remains a perennial turnover machine who needs to fix so many aspects of his game and find some consistency (including holding down a regular starting role at club level at Gent) before being seriously considered as a bona fide SE prospect. Frankly, at this point Dennis Bonaventure is probably ahead of Kalu in his development, but even Bonaventure is struggling to get into the Brugge lineup, much less ready for the present SE squad. As for Isaac Success, WTF?! :shock:
Last edited by olu on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Olu none of your clients you listed deserves a chance at present super eagles. After World Cup, you can ask for their invitations
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

With Coach Rohr's success so far, I am going to let him continue to do his good work, no need to push players on a man that is obviously monitoring all of our players
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!