The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal - Related News and Development for 2017/2018

Post by tolahs »

LCFC ain't playing.....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ahrez.html
Leicester want nearly £100m to sell Riyad Mahrez to Manchester City on deadline day after rejecting £50m bid from Premier League leaders

Liverpool like da kid too
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:We gave away yet more presents tonight. The 3 goals tonight, embarrassing.

When will Wenger drop players who let him and us down constantly?

The manager works on his defence each day, but the same players keep killing us. When will the Manager sort it out?

Xhaka is not box to box. He seats and controls from deep. That's how he plays and how he made his name, but Wengerball demands athletic runners in Midfield with a creative ball player. If Wenger does not see Xhaka as this player, then drop him. He played Santi there, now looks like Mkhi will play there.

Xhaka is exposed time and again when tracking back from advanced positions. He cost us again tonight for their first goal. He did for Bournemouth's 2nd.

Cech! Why sell Szczesny? Cech is finished. He cost us again tonight, like he did against Liverpool and Bournemouth.

Debuchy has 6 months left but he has been released on a free today. Bellerin has been pants since he became a model. He needs to be dropped. Debuchy would be better than this Bellerin.

Mustafi, has been erratic and unpredictable. It is no secret, the Manager does not rate him. Why play him?

But Wenger's biggest indictment has been his malfunctioning midfield. Midfield is the weakest part of the set up when it needs to be the strongest. We have not had a really consistently functional midfield for since Santi's injury. A £60m striker will not solve that.

A minimum of 2 of Cech, Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin must be dropped. I saw very encouraging glimpses from Mkhi, Elneny should not make way for him. The kid Niles is and should also be an option.

At RB, Bellerin needs to be dropped. Niles should replace him.
Admitting how many years late? Remember the argument we had when he was bought? Sad to say i told u so, because i found no joy in saying so knowing how many points he has cost us since he's been here. Whatever AW was thinking to have dropped Ospina for Cech when Cech arrived, we will never know.
Cech came living on old glory and still does. Watch him keep the post next match, because AW still imagines the Cech that is forever gone will surface.
Midfield is the weakest part of the set up when it needs to be the strongest. We have not had a really consistently functional midfield for since Santi's injury.
And my brother the situation is simply gonna get worse once Mikha becomes a regular. Now we gonna have 2 players who are defensively weak in a team that can not defend even if it's life depends on it.

In AW shoes, i would have used that 60m being spent on AUBA to buy either 2 ball playing DMs or 1 ball playing DM and a CD. These are players this team is yearning for. Scoring goals is not our problem. Our problem is conceding, stupid, basic goals that a secondary school team will hardly concede.
Last edited by azuka on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:We gave away yet more presents tonight. The 3 goals tonight, embarrassing.

The manager works on his defence each day, but the same players keep killing us. When will the Manager sort it out?

Xhaka is not box to box. He seats and controls from deep. That's how he plays and how he made his name, but Wengerball demands athletic runners in Midfield with a creative ball player. If Wenger does not see Xhaka as this player, then drop him. He played Santi there, now looks like Mkhi will play there.

Xhaka is exposed time and again when tracking back from advanced positions. He cost us again tonight for their first goal. He did for Bournemouth's 2nd.

Cech! Why sell Szczesny? Cech is finished. He cost us again tonight, like he did against Liverpool and Bournemouth.

Debuchy has 6 months left but he has been released on a free today. Bellerin has been pants since he became a model. He needs to be dropped. Debuchy would be better than this Bellerin.

Mustafi, has been erratic and unpredictable. It is no secret, the Manager does not rate him. Why play him?

But Wenger's biggest indictment has been his malfunctioning midfield. Midfield is the weakest part of the set up when it needs to be the strongest. We have not had a really consistently functional midfield for since Santi's injury. A £60m striker will not solve that.

A minimum of 2 of Cech, Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin must be dropped. I saw very encouraging glimpses from Mkhi, Elneny should not make way for him. The kid Niles is and should also be an option.

Admitting how many years late? Remember the argument we had when he was bought? Sad to say i told u so, because i found no joy in saying so knowing how many points he has cost us since he's been here. Whatever AW was thinking to have dropped Ospina for Cech when Cech arrived, we will never know.
Cech came living on old glory and still does. Watch him keep the post next match, because AW still imagines the Cech that is forever gone will surface.
Kai! My bro here nor go let me forget. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But i told you so then now. I don't derive any joy saying so. Because today due to Cech lapses you, I and other fans are reeling from the pain of Cech calamity in goal.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:

Midfield is the weakest part of the set up when it needs to be the strongest. We have not had a really consistently functional midfield for since Santi's injury.
And my brother the situation is simply gonna get worse once Mikha becomes a regular. Now we gonna have 2 players who are defensively weak in a team that can not defend even if it's life depends on it.
Nothing wrong with a balanced Midfield. Santi was the technical leader in a midfield which defended by keeping possession, was physical - not by crunching tackles and was creative. Since Santi's we don't have any sort of midfield. Today we had, Xhaka, Ramsey and Ramsey. Not our style.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But i told you so then now. I don't derive any joy saying so. Because today due to Cech lapses you, I and other fans are reeling from the pain of Cech calamity in goal.
Not just today my bro.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

Nothing wrong with a balanced Midfield. Santi was the technical leader in a midfield which defended by keeping possession, was physical - not by crunching tackles and was creative. Since Santi's we don't have any sort of midfield. Today we had, Xhaka, Ramsey and Ramsey. Not our style.
Ramsey must be so good you bought him twice :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

All these epistles una dey write no dey tire una? :taunt:

If its not Walcott, its Debuchy, if its not Coquellin, its Giroud. Now that these ones dey commot, its Bellerin, Xhaka, Mustafi, Cech, Ramsey ..... b4 na Eboue, Senderous, Denilson, Almunia, Jenkinson etc etc. :sneaky:

Players come, players go, problem still dey and the one constant factor una no mention. Its a damm shame if you ask me. :taunt:

..... Arsenal for life ! :D
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Comment in bold is amazingly true. But, but ... but ... but ...
Sanchez left Arsenal for the money.
None of Sanchez team mates wished him good luck.
Sanchez slowed down the progress of the team.
Sanchez was a cancer in the locker room.
Sanchez was never our best player.
Sanchez refused to play for the team.
Sanchez loses the ball too much.
Sanchez only passes the ball to himself.
Sanchez is a selfish brat.
Sanchez does not care about the team.
Sanchez only wants money.
Sanchez was not loyal to Pep Guardiola.
Sanchez was a loner and had no friends on the team.
Sanchez profited from Ozil game.
Our misery was all Sanchez fault.
anikulapo wrote: Waffi you be my guy but you need to stop this Biko. Listen you sabi the game and I know you like playing the role of provocateur and antagonist just for the sake of doing so. Nevertheless your incessant attacks on Sanchez is becoming the stuff of a nutter.

No player in recent Arsenal history has outplayed his transfer fee like the little Chilean. To blame the man for leaving a team full of ambition less zombies and a manager past his sell by date is ridiculous.

For all the problems locker room wise that he caused , he did more than all those other smurfs cominined together.

How much abuse and provocations have I received over Xhakacrap. I don't even know what to say about Cech any more :curse: Your hero Ozil who has been nothing but a parasite to this team? I'm torn over Mustafi because after I tore into him last season he played some great games this season which leads me to believe that there is a good player in there that is not being coached properly :idea:

When I mentioned Nzonzi and Kondogbia the usual morons and football know nothings came out in force, but today, ONCE AGAIN, it shows again how much steel, athleticism and graft we need within the middle confines of the field.

Like I said, Wenger has forgotten how to construct a team. His mishmash of crappy soft players who are clueless about positioning and attention to detail has come back to bite him in e Nyash. Personally I hope Arsenal put him out of his misery and hand him his walking papers because he is too stubborn to resign.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:

Until Wilshere re-emerged from his injury wilderness, and Elneny was incorporated into the team, when did we last have what you can call a balanced midfield?
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Next game, he will start the same players ... who will make the exact same mistakes.
Then he will wait until the 75 minutes to make any changes. He says ... it is just a matter of confidence.
Once the players sleep in their own beds, confidence will be back.
[/video]
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:

Nailed every bit of it. Spot on from first line to last statement.

One thing I'd add to it all, every single point you've raised falls back on the manager....at what point do you say, if Arsene can't/won't do it, someone else must.
Nailed what?
If you and Waffi can name these points and Wenger can't see or fix them, then he is finished.
Waffi has blamed everybody but the man he needs to blame.
Wenger was my hero but he has simply lost it. Period.
My bro, Wenger is ultimately responsible. I don't even need to say it. Wenger is loyal to a fault and we can see it this season. It will cost him if he does not make changes. We have seen this team at the Emirates last 2 games. Can you recognise the same team tonight? You have to look at the Manager. There are no excuses. He picks the team that continues to make the same mistakes away from home.
Fickle fans. Do you know how many trophies AW has won in the last 4 years alone? And this year, he is already in one cup final. He is the ONLY one capable of coaching Arsenal. Are you guys smarter than those paying him 10 million/year?
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Man has his faults but he is still the best.
abeg no join the Social Media fans wey no get Arsenal shares, and haven't been to the Emirates o, including those eye Arsenal Fan TV people. Wenger is the best. Gorimapa Pep, short Jose, etc are just pretenders
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Globero wrote:All these epistles una dey write no dey tire una? :taunt:

If its not Walcott, its Debuchy, if its not Coquellin, its Giroud. Now that these ones dey commot, its Bellerin, Xhaka, Mustafi, Cech, Ramsey ..... b4 na Eboue, Senderous, Denilson, Almunia, Jenkinson etc etc. :sneaky:

Players come, players go, problem still dey and the one constant factor una no mention. Its a damm shame if you ask me. :taunt:

..... Arsenal for life ! :D

wetting small pikins like us know?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:No worries team. We are winning the Curracao Cup. That's our objective for the season. If we are honest with ourselves, we know that EPL title wasn't in the books. Top 4 is really irrelevant for us.
We will win the Europa League ... Please repeat after me: We will win the Europa League !!!
Athletico got Diego Costa - pregnant pause(Hov voice) - i understand Auba can't play in this Europa cos Dortmund are in it.
Dortmund get there after finish 3rd from CL game.So he can play for us in Europa.We must win that.
A.Madrid is not good,Diego or not,Dormund or another team will move them before they face beloved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

bepanda wrote:Next game, he will start the same players ... who will make the exact same mistakes.
Then he will wait until the 75 minutes to make any changes. He says ... it is just a matter of confidence.
Once the players sleep in their own beds, confidence will be back.
[/video]
wenger old age don cacth the french fraudster.
I wish some fans can deck this old fool and forced him out of this club
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

You don shake shake finish, come dey "post post" abi? :sneaky:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Are we signing Johny Evans or David Luiz or both? Wenger should ask for Courtois instead of Luiz.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Seriously why didn’t arsenal just hand BVB Lacazette when they wanted a replacement for Abu

we are The Arsenal, we don't do business like that. Have you ever been to the Emirates?

We need our Xhaka-Laca-boom boom.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: na Xhaka -- laca -- bem bem!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

bepanda wrote:Are we signing Johny Evans or David Luiz or both? Wenger should ask for Courtois instead of Luiz.
No he should ask for Antonio Conte instead lol
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

A minimum of 2 of Cech, Xhaka, Mustafi and Bellerin must be dropped.

Finally they get it , the flaws are with the Manager selection and tactics.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Aubame Ying yang gooly gooly. Can he save a rat infested sinking ship where Sanchez, Giraffe, Laccasheit, walcrap, that breda from Manure etc have failed so far?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

its crazy to me that Arsenal thinks what it needs right now is more strikers as opposed to better defenders
Arsenal has 46 goals for and 34 against
This time last season (i.e after 24 games) Arsenal had 52 goals for and 28 against.

last summer I said it was crazy buying Lacazette for 52 Million when they already had Sanchez, Giroud, Wellbeck etc at their disposal
The top priority should be have been clearing out the current set of defenders and replacing them with capable names
And I have been proven correct! Lacazette purchase hasn't made Arsenal a better attacking side. Focusing on Aubemayang this Jan shows they haven't learned their lesson

Great teams are built on great defenders. Terry at Chelsea, Kompany at City, Vidic/Ferdinand at ManU etc
The problem is Wenger simply doesn't know what a great defender looks like. He has tried to find one but keeps failing
Arsenal has not had a franchise defender since Sol Campbell and this has been the main reason for their downfall