EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: EFE AMBROSE- I DESERVE WORLD CUP CHANCE

Post by mystic »

Ambrose has been very good this season, and I wouldn't have a problem with his recall. During Sunday Oliseh's tenure as the Super Eagles coach, he formed a solid partnership with Leon Balogun at the back. And in Samson Siasia's interim tenure when we came up short against Egypt, he was our best defender.

Presently we definitely need a 5th Centreback to give us depth in case of injury and possibly push Kenneth Omeruo for that final spot on the roster. Absent getting one or more of the German Nigerian lads (Torunarigha, Akpoguma and Uduokhai) to commit to Nigeria - which would be my preference - Efe may well be the best candidate to be that 5th CB.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ambrose can happily say to himself that he has won an Afcon Gold medal & an Olympic silver and that’s something that better players have failed to achieve but now in 2018 he needs to keep doing whatever he’s doing in Scotland or wherever he is.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent

Don't know why you people hate on that man so much. He is no more flat footed than Balogun. Abegii.. make we hear world.
Ambrose is despised every time any sane thinking person remember what he did to the SE. He is the worst rightback we have ever had. If he was a woman, they'd call him Ashawo Efe, as his wing was like an expressway, allowing wingers to breeze past at will.
Do you even know what you are talking about? Go back and check ANC 2013 and see who emerged the best right back of the tournament. So, one wonders how a person that was voted as the best right back in the biggest soccer tournament in Africa by more knowledgeable, emotionless football experts using science, could be our worst right back we ever. Some of you can never be taken seriously because you have an illusion of football knowledge.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Ahidjo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:
john12 wrote:First of all, I am totally against any players getting a call up 2 months to World Cup that didn’t participate in the WCQ. However, the only exceptions are “EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS” and “Proven EXPERIENCED PLYRRS” please go and watch efe horrible defending in 2014 then ask yourself if h is a Proven talent

Don't know why you people hate on that man so much. He is no more flat footed than Balogun. Abegii.. make we hear world.
Ambrose is despised every time any sane thinking person remember what he did to the SE. He is the worst rightback we have ever had. If he was a woman, they'd call him Ashawo Efe, as his wing was like an expressway, allowing wingers to breeze past at will.
Do you even know what you are talking about? Go back and check ANC 2013 and see who emerged the best right back of the tournament. So, one wonders how a person that was voted as the best right back in the biggest soccer tournament in Africa by more knowledgeable, emotionless football experts using science, could be our worst right back we ever. Some of you can never be taken seriously because you have an illusion of football knowledge.
Danfo aka Okokobrinko is a gasbag and a certified 'football-know-nothing'.
Don't ever take the buffoon serious.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:

AFCON 2013 Team of the Tournament
Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria)
Bakary Koné (Burkina Faso)
Nando Maria Neves (Cape Verde Islands)
Efe Ambrose (Nigeria)
Jonathan Pitroipa (Burkina Faso)
Wakaso Mubarak (Ghana)
Seydou Keita (Mali)
John Obi Mikel (Nigeria)
Victor Moses (Nigeria)
Asamoah Gyan (Ghana)
Emmanuel Emenike (Nigeria)

http://www.kickoff.com/news/32774/2013- ... tournament
I have a feeling that you think I give a di-di-ly dammmmn! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Couldnt careless. Ambrose and the Crook will never play for Nigeria again. mark my words. :D
I can see that you are enjoying one of your "out of the world" fact free experiences. Let us know when you return.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ahidjo wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
ANC wrote:

I understand you are upset, Sir. But there is nothing you can do about it. Ambrose and the Crook are done in the SE. And thank God, we never have to see that atrocity that is Ambrose play for Nigeria again.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Those quotes look fake
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

zee wrote:Efe is a Nigerian hero......won AFCON 2013 for us.
At the end of the day it's still Mr. Rohr's decision if Efe is still good enough for the National team.

Nothing wrong in wanting to play for one's National team.......it is what we expect from all our players.
I can’t believe I am in agreement with zealot. But this is the fact of the matter. Efe still loves his country and is entitled to push for his selection. Nothing wrong with it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I have said more than once that Efe Ambrose is one of the few players outside the national team who can bring an added advantage to it. He deserves a chance. He has the skills and ability to help shore up that leaky defense. I think Ambrose/Omeruo is still a great defensive option for the SuperEagles :!:

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I have said more than once that Efe Ambrose is one of the few players outside the national team who can bring an added advantage to it. He deserves a chance. He has the skills and ability to help shore up that leaky defense. I think Ambrose/Omeruo is still a great defensive option for the SuperEagles :!:

Cheers.
You can say it many more times, not happening. Efe is done in the National team. Him and treasonous crook should spend the summer taking their families on vacation. No amount of bribery or whatever they are giving their sycophants will work this year. Not happening.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:I have said more than once that Efe Ambrose is one of the few players outside the national team who can bring an added advantage to it. He deserves a chance. He has the skills and ability to help shore up that leaky defense. I think Ambrose/Omeruo is still a great defensive option for the SuperEagles :!:

Cheers.

I like Efe and wouldn't be opposed to his recall if none of our young German Nigerians are ready to commit to us before the World Cup. But let's be honest, Ambrose and Omeruo are both prone to error. So it's not the greatest idea to pair them together.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

mystic wrote:

Cheers.

I like Efe and wouldn't be opposed to his recall if none of our young German Nigerians are ready to commit to us before the World Cup. But let's be honest, Ambrose and Omeruo are both prone to error. So it's not the greatest idea to pair them together.
If Musa could be called up I don't see why Ambrose should be ignored . At least per John12 as long you are experienced you should be called up.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bully12 wrote:
mystic wrote:

Cheers.

If Musa could be called up I don't see why Ambrose should be ignored . At least per John12 as long you are experienced you should be called up.
Who are you going to drop for Ambrose?

Shehu Abdulahi or Ebuehi?

Or

Ekong, Balogun, Awaziem or Omeruo?

Thanks
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

When it comes to the SE, I don't have much to hit Efe on. He played decent.

However, I saw him play up some stinkers for Celtic...and quite a few fans thought he was not intelligent. If after playing for Celtic all these years, Efe couldn't make the step up, have a hard time believing he's up to snuff. Like I said, in the GWG, Efe wasn't that bad. For celtic however, my eyes saw some nonsense from him
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

YoungJohn12, the wicked producer, stop spreading wicked lies!!!

Efe Ambrose played and scored for Nigeria during the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers.

[/video]

Whether he deserves a callup at the moment is another matter, but as has been very common here lately, loud noises are coming from hollow containers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Whether he deserves a callup at the moment is another matter, but as has been very common here lately, loud noises are coming from hollow containers.
I don't get john12, his argument for including Musa would also apply to the likes of Ambrose...anyways, the bobo has served us well and is a hero for 2013 ANC trophy, but I don't think he deserves a place at this world cup.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

I don't get john12, his argument for including Musa would also apply to the likes of Ambrose...anyways, the bobo has served us well and is a hero for 2013 ANC trophy, but I don't think he deserves a place at this world cup.
maceo4, you and I both know that your comments are not based on Ambrose’s ability or on-field performance the last few seasons. Based strictly on productivity, he’s been our best defender and that’s not sentiment but fact :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

maceo4, you and I both know that your comments are not based on Ambrose’s ability or on-field performance the last few seasons. Based strictly on productivity, he’s been our best defender and that’s not sentiment but fact :!:

Cheers.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.
It B like say somebody doesn’t know the difference between World Cup qualifiers and ANC qualifiers ! The ANC qualifiers 9ja no qualify Ambrose him play. The World Cup qualifiers 9ja qualify Ambrose him no play but I am not putting 2 &2 together
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.
It B like say somebody doesn’t know the difference between World Cup qualifiers and ANC qualifiers ! The ANC qualifiers 9ja no qualify Ambrose him play. The World Cup qualifiers 9ja qualify Ambrose him no play but I am not putting 2 &2 together
Bros please, if you don’t know just ask, we had to play the opening round of WCQ because of how useless we had become, so yes he did score in our WCQs.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CDGO ... jm;mt;fp;1
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.
Problem is those who are already are playing at a higher level than Efe and are regulars at their club. We have an experienced CD general in Balogun and Omeruo has WC experience so can’t say his experience is what’s lacking at CD. Then at RB we have Shehu doing well and Ebuehi snapping at his heels for a starting position, so we are good there. So where does Efe fit in? Who does he displace?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

All these Shameless crooks, pimps, Agents here better return efe his money
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
truetalk wrote:

[/video]

Cheers.
Problem is those who are already are playing at a higher level than Efe and are regulars at their club. We have an experienced CD general in Balogun and Omeruo has WC experience so can’t say his experience is what’s lacking at CD. Then at RB we have Shehu doing well and Ebuehi snapping at his heels for a starting position, so we are good there. So where does Efe fit in? Who does he displace?
He could have been a very good utility squad player but we have able options in midfield and defence. And his club form has not helped.