The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal linked to

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Lichensteiner RB free transfer

I will be okay with something like this. It will be difficult to sell Ozil.

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Papa Alioune Ndiaye CM 15 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
CD- Sokratis, Diop, Mavrapos(sp), Holden
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
MF- Ramsey, Wilshere, Ndiaye, Elneny, Nwakili, Xhaka,
FW/AM- Aubemenyang, Lacazette, Welbeck, Ozil, MKHITARYAN, Iwobi, Nelson
you are NOT serious.

Wilshere, Ramsey and Welbeck can go. We thank them or their services.
Ramsey is a decent player, but he absolutely lacks discipline. He can be fantastic on his day, and can be an absolute dud. Unless Coach Umaru can fix his head, he needs to move on.
You should google the EPL home grown rule.
you google it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
you are NOT serious.

Ramsey is a decent player, but he absolutely lacks discipline. He can be fantastic on his day, and can be an absolute dud. Unless Coach Umaru can fix his head, he needs to move on.
you google it.
The man on cheap weed.

Arsenal are full of home grown players it is ridiculous he even brings it up.

As for Ramsey, I know you are vexed with his AWOL nature, but that is his job. His job is to make those late ghosting into attacking areas, it is why he gets so many goals.

When Arsenal lose the ball up top with so many men committed in attack, we are exposed to the counter attack. Is this really only Ramsey's fault? Ramsey making runs, Ozil not tracking back as much always leaves us and Xhaka exposed. Why pick on Ramsey all the time? The problem is collective.

Wenger changed it got Ramsey and Wilshere to seat deeper with Xhaka as deep laying playmaker (Regista), not a box to box or a CDM destroyer type. On the ball Xhaka is top quality, he just needs a solid CDM next to him. This is one section of the team, Emery must make a change, Niles is ready, Wenger has nurtured and developed him for this. He will be fantastic along Xhaka.

I cannot see Wilshere and Ramsey, Ozil, playing in our midfield anymore. Emery will get rid of two of them because he prefers solid athletic box to box and/or a solid CDM in the middle. Wenger introduced us to these types of players when he first arrived in this league, but for reasons only he can fully explain he just did not deal with these issues. I expect all this to change now. All you need is to look at Emery's midfield at Valencia or Sevilla. The Sevilla midfield was very interesting with Rakatic, Nzonzi, Benega and Krychowiak. Notice the blend in his 3 seasons at Sevilla.

You can see why I am so excited about all of this, in my head, I can see Emery's permutations and combinations, I can see how all the current players fit in or out from following this man and studying his tactics in detail at his old clubs. I cannot wait.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
you are NOT serious.

you google it.
The man on cheap weed.

As for Ramsey, I know you are vexed with his AWOL nature, but that is his job. His job is to make those late ghosting into attacking areas, it is why he gets so many goals.

When Arsenal lose the ball up top with so many men committed in attack, we are exposed to the counter attack. Is this really only Ramsey's fault? Ramsey making runs, Ozil not tracking back as much always leaves us and Xhaka exposed. Why pick on Ramsey all the time? The problem is collective.

Wenger changed it got Ramsey and Wilshere to seat deeper with Xhaka as deep laying playmaker (Regista), not a box to box or a CDM destroyer type. On the ball Xhaka is top quality, he just needs a solid CDM next to him. This is one section of the team, Emery must make a change, Niles is ready, Wenger has nurtured and developed him for this. He will be fantastic along Xhaka.

I cannot see Wilshere and Ramsey, Ozil, playing in our midfield anymore. Emery will get rid of two of them because he prefers solid athletic box to box and/or a solid CDM in the middle. Wenger introduced us to these types of players when he first arrived in this league, but for reasons only he can fully explain he just did not deal with these issues. I expect all this to change now. All you need is to look at Emery's midfield at Valencia or Sevilla. The Sevilla midfield was very interesting with Rakatic, Nzonzi, Benega and Krychowiak. Notice the blend in his 3 seasons at Sevilla.

You can see why I am so excited about all of this, in my head, I can see Emery's permutations and combinations, I can see how all the current players fit in or out from following this man and studying his tactics in detail at his old clubs. I cannot wait.

Waffi:

I hear you, but FUNDAMENTALLY DISAGREE re Ramsey. He has the skills. He is just INDISCIPLINED, and he could not help himself, as Pa Wenger treated them like his own grandchildren. Not taking away any credits for his goals, but have you noticed that quite often, a more advanced player would have to hold/check their run because Ramsey came from behind to occupy their space? meaning that a fraction of his goals would have been scored by someone else?
We would not be having this conversation if Ramsey, a bigger and stronger physical specimen, tried to emulate Santi Cazorla, instead of thinking that he is Messi. And this is year in year out. Yes, AW appeared soft on him, but why not use his own brain cells to develop and elevate his game?

I have no doubts that he can realize his potential in another setting under a different manager, but I will not miss him if he leaves. If he likes, he can go and be scoring on the moon in a different team. It's not like Arsenal evaluated him for a year and decided to drop him. This is someone who always started whenever healthy.

Or maybe I just don't like him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
you are NOT serious.

you google it.
The man on cheap weed.

Waffi:

I hear you, but FUNDAMENTALLY DISAGREE re Ramsey. He has the skills. He is just INDISCIPLINED, and he could not help himself, as Pa Wenger treated them like his own grandchildren. Not taking away any credits for his goals, but have you noticed that quite often, a more advanced player would have to hold/check their run because Ramsey came from behind to occupy their space? meaning that a fraction of his goals would have been scored by someone else?
We would not be having this conversation if Ramsey, a bigger and stronger physical specimen, tried to emulate Santi Cazorla, instead of thinking that he is Messi. And this is year in year out. Yes, AW appeared soft on him, but why not use his own brain cells to develop and elevate his game?

I have no doubts that he can realize his potential in another setting under a different manager, but I will not miss him if he leaves. If he likes, he can go and be scoring on the moon in a different team. It's not like Arsenal evaluated him for a year and decided to drop him. This is someone who always started whenever healthy.

Or maybe I just don't like him.
Bro, it is not personal, you raise valid points about the player.

One thing is now certain, Unai Emery will not use a system that gives Ramsey any sort of license to break the lines. He will have to stay compact and play the role he is given at all times. If he does not stay disciplined, there will be more than enough senior players (Not just Kos) to pull him up.

Emery has no attachments, he will lay down the law, if broken, you will be out. This is what Emery has done as Coach everywhere. The man is also under pressure he cannot afford to lose games because of any player.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rabbiot was also given license to break forward. Ramsey did what the coach asked him to do. There is no one in the transfer market better. Wilshere on the other hand has had major injury problems. The club got to be careful with him. We need a proper defensive midfielder like Gilberto to replace Xhaka in the lineup. Ramsey is very good. He is even better when he plays for the Welsh national team. If the club decide to sell him, watch how many clubs will lineup to buy him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ramsey is a baller.'

[/video]

[/video]

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Does Emery have any previous? Have been wading through the literature to see if ever the touch paper was lit and how he responded. Findings thus far, benign. Worrying.

Hopefully Fulham will pip Bruce at the post, far from a fait compli, but should it come to pass, 8 London derbies next season. Over 20% of league games fought in the Big Smoke. Yooee, needs to be ready to give best. Such games aren’t won giving fanciful conferences in bespoke suits, its who can lead his men into the thick of it and have them remain men throughout. When time calls for the grapple and shove on the touchline, does he have it in him? If the fourth official needs an earful, will he give it? When the ball goes out to touch and the opposing fullback comes over to retrieve it, will he square up and stare him down? Will he send the lads out as an infantry ready to do battle, not just for the ball, but in all those other areas where battles are fought and won? The professional fouls, the early reducers, leading with the elbow for leverage in the jump?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I will take Ramsey over Ozil but let's the new coach make his choice.
@Chief Ramsey is doing what Wenger ask him to do,you can't blame the guy for his indiscipline.Its one of the reason Wenger is out at Arsenal.Ramsey was one of the stars in last Euro and one of Arsenal beat players.On his day he is up there with the best in MF.Will I miss him if he is gone not really as long as a good replacement is brought in.I will take him on his day than any MF we have and that should tell you how behind we have falling since I don't rate him that much compare to others players.
The new coach need to step up big time, I expect him to bring one or two of his ex players in MY.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Ramsey is pure gold and has been developed into the star player foretold. The problem is not one of limited ability, Aaron is the closest thing to Frank Lampard since a bottle of fake tan, the issue is a lack of clarity in role and responsibility in the midfield. Ozil right wing with My Son, arguably the leagues worst, overrated fullback, behind, screams vulnerability. Teams target that side, the response is a seismic shift from the remaining outfielders and consequently, black belt 12th dan Ramsey is left to cover too much ground. The answer, move PEA wide into the Henry channel, where he is better than the Martian at the same stage in their careers. Stick Ozil at false nine where he has statistically created moe CCCs than Lionel Messi and have Ramsey just shy of the No.10, a 9.9, where is possibly better than the aforementioned Franky Hollywood over the first five yards.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Coach wrote:Ramsey is pure gold and has been developed into the star player foretold. The problem is not one of limited ability, Aaron is the closest thing to Frank Lampard since a bottle of fake tan, the issue is a lack of clarity in role and responsibility in the midfield. Ozil right wing with My Son, arguably the leagues worst, overrated fullback, behind, screams vulnerability. Teams target that side, the response is a seismic shift from the remaining outfielders and consequently, black belt 12th dan Ramsey is left to cover too much ground. The answer, move PEA wide into the Henry channel, where he is better than the Martian at the same stage in their careers. Stick Ozil at false nine where he has statistically created moe CCCs than Lionel Messi and have Ramsey just shy of the No.10, a 9.9, where is possibly better than the aforementioned Franky Hollywood over the first five yards.
Coach, let me make sure I understand your theatrical ramblings...you want to move one of the deadliest strikers in Europe to the wings and our best creator further high up the pitch (and away from the ball) just to accommodate an undisciplined Ramsey?? Ramsey can #$%$ off. I expect him to spend a ton of time on the bench under a coach that holds him accountable
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ramsey is not undisciplined. He did what the coach wanted from him. He was voted as the Arsenal player of the year last season for a reason. Watch how many clubs will lineup to sign him up this summer. It is looking more likely that Arsenal will cash in this summer. And replace him with some one that is not better. Fans will then attack him saying he is undisciplined, disloyal blah blah blah blah.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Jdizzy, the fallacy of a centre-forward holding hegemony over a teams goalscoring is surely post dated now. Few scored more than Mighty Mo, then there’s Raheem Sterling, the game has moved on, the inverted wide forward is King. All changes for black belt, twelfth dan Aaron.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote:Ramsey is not undisciplined. He did what the coach wanted from him. He was voted as the Arsenal player of the year last season for a reason. Watch how many clubs will lineup to sign him up this summer. It is looking more likely that Arsenal will cash in this summer. And replace him with some one that is not better. Fans will then attack him saying he is undisciplined, disloyal blah blah blah blah.

Ohenhen, so you are saying AW instructed Ramsey to be indisciplined? You have lost it (for the nth time!)

Let the clubs line up and pay the money.

And you can buy his jerseys and follow him wherever he goes.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

jdizzy wrote:
Coach wrote:Ramsey is pure gold and has been developed into the star player foretold. The problem is not one of limited ability, Aaron is the closest thing to Frank Lampard since a bottle of fake tan, the issue is a lack of clarity in role and responsibility in the midfield. Ozil right wing with My Son, arguably the leagues worst, overrated fullback, behind, screams vulnerability. Teams target that side, the response is a seismic shift from the remaining outfielders and consequently, black belt 12th dan Ramsey is left to cover too much ground. The answer, move PEA wide into the Henry channel, where he is better than the Martian at the same stage in their careers. Stick Ozil at false nine where he has statistically created moe CCCs than Lionel Messi and have Ramsey just shy of the No.10, a 9.9, where is possibly better than the aforementioned Franky Hollywood over the first five yards.
Coach, let me make sure I understand your theatrical ramblings...you want to move one of the deadliest strikers in Europe to the wings and our best creator further high up the pitch (and away from the ball) just to accommodate an undisciplined Ramsey?? Ramsey can #$%$ off. I expect him to spend a ton of time on the bench under a coach that holds him accountable

I agree with both of you. I agree with you that Ramsey can go where the sun doesn't shine (copyright Waffi). I also happen to agree with Coach that Ramsey is too indisciplined to play deep, and as he knows how to score, AW should have made him a pseudo striker, especially when we were struggling in that department. If we are going to persist with Ramsey, you might as well have him play an advanced role, where any defensive duties will be an unexpected bonus.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rabbiot was also given license to break forward. Ramsey did what the coach asked him to do. There is no one in the transfer market better. Wilshere on the other hand has had major injury problems. The club got to be careful with him. We need a proper defensive midfielder like Gilberto to replace Xhaka in the lineup. Ramsey is very good. He is even better when he plays for the Welsh national team. If the club decide to sell him, watch how many clubs will lineup to buy him.
Dude, surely you are not comparing Rabiots game to Ramseys? Vastly different types of central midfielders...
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

jdizzy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Rabbiot was also given license to break forward. Ramsey did what the coach asked him to do. There is no one in the transfer market better. Wilshere on the other hand has had major injury problems. The club got to be careful with him. We need a proper defensive midfielder like Gilberto to replace Xhaka in the lineup. Ramsey is very good. He is even better when he plays for the Welsh national team. If the club decide to sell him, watch how many clubs will lineup to buy him.
Dude, surely you are not comparing Rabiots game to Ramseys? Vastly different types of central midfielders...

He is Ohenhen
AFCON 2019 sweet o

jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Coach wrote:@Jdizzy, the fallacy of a centre-forward holding hegemony over a teams goalscoring is surely post dated now. Few scored more than Mighty Mo, then there’s Raheem Sterling, the game has moved on, the inverted wide forward is King. All changes for black belt, twelfth dan Aaron.
Both examples you cited are more traditional wide players finding success as inside forward...not excellent #9s being shunted out wide. Your suggestion is akin to Bayern asking Lewandowski to play wide so Arturo Vidal can lump forward. Duck that $#%
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not at all, Barack Obamayang is no Lewandowski and certainly has the attributes of an inverted wide forward. There’s absolutely no reason why Salah’s feat couldn’t be repeated and what’s more, this wide stationing allows for Lionel Ramsey to be played centrally with a more advanced role. Ramsey attacking mid, is arguably the best in the country at the Ramsey role.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ramsey is better than Rabiot.

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Sisi Yemisi how bodi and Queen Floppy :woot:

I can only imagine ya dirty mouth if Floppy had somehow managed to win today :taunt:

Egbe Oshi ... Cat got ya stinking tongue now? :woot: :woot: :woot:
Last edited by anikulapo on Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Last 4 years:

Liverpool spend = £422.5 million
Trophies = 0
Passion = 100%

Imagine if it was Arsenal?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Only Real Madrid players went to Karius after the game. How about that for “never walking alone”?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Welldone to Liverpool on securing a top four finish, a momentous achievement, as for yesterday's affair, no more than an overrated beer advert.