TUNISIAN GK Fakes Injury to Break Ramadan Fasting....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
TUNISIAN GK Fakes Injury to Break Ramadan Fasting....

Post by Enugu II »

Goalkeeper ‘fakes’ injury to help Tunisia players break Ramadan fast
ByAgencies -June 3, 2018
https://www.today.ng/sport/football/goa ... ast-119471

Tunisian footballers have devised a clever plan of breaking their Ramadan fasts during recent World Cup friendlies.

In both of their games this week, Tunisian goalkeeper Mouez Hassen went down early in the second half complaining of an “injury” as medical staff rushed onto the pitch.

During their first match against Portugal and while 2-1 down, Hassen appeared to injure himself in the 58th minute, a move which allowed his teammates to run over to the sidelines and break their fast with a meal referred to as the Iftar.

After drinking some water and eating a few dates, the North African nation bagged an equaliser six minutes later and went onto to hold the European champions for the next 30 minutes to a 2-2 draw.

And in the 49th minute of a game against Turkey on Saturday, Hassen lay flat on his back while several Tunisian players ran over to the touchlines to grab some food – their first source of nourishment in hours.

The Carthage Eagles would aslo draw that game 2-2.

Hundreds of millions of Muslims from around the world fast every day during the Muslim month of Ramadan.

It is a month of self-discipline where Muslims refrain from eating, drinking, smoking and having sex from sunrise to sunset.

Tunisia, however, won’t have to carry the ploy into the World Cup as the holy month ends before their first game against England on June 18.

Unbeaten during their qualifying campaign, Tunisia are making their return to the World Cup for the first time in 12 years.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TUNISIAN GK Fakes Injury to Break Ramadan Fasting....

Post by jette1 »

So does this make them fake Muslims
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't blame them at all. They did what they had to do. How can people play football with an EMPTY belle?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ever the draw masters.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

In both of their games this week, Tunisian goalkeeper Mouez Hassen went down early in the second half complaining of an “injury” ....
How come the goalie didn't go down in the 1st half?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:
In both of their games this week, Tunisian goalkeeper Mouez Hassen went down early in the second half complaining of an “injury” ....
... probably during first half, the time to break the FASTING hasn't come
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Unless when the goalie went down and they rushed onto the field with a bowl of eba, orishirishi soup and a bottle of well chilled Star, nothing to see here. msssshhhheeewww
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

pajimoh wrote:Unless when the goalie went down and they rushed onto the field with a bowl of eba, orishirishi soup and a bottle of well chilled Star, nothing to see here. msssshhhheeewww
Otherwise know as "the Nigerian Brunch".... :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Why don't they just schedule their friendlies in the morning a few hours after they start fasting at sunrise before they get hungry...or late at night after they've broken their fast? Anytime between 8am-noon or 9pm-midnight? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

I think people here don't realize that athletes, especially for the world cup can talk with an Imam to be approved to not fast during a time like the World Cup which would be representative of not only their country but the Muslim world when it comes to footballers.

I understand that they want to respect their religion but it is not against the rules for them to ask for an exception to the fast for that purpose.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

TheHitman47 wrote:I think people here don't realize that athletes, especially for the world cup can talk with an Imam to be approved to not fast during a time like the World Cup which would be representative of not only their country but the Muslim world when it comes to footballers.

I understand that they want to respect their religion but it is not against the rules for them to ask for an exception to the fast for that purpose.
Ramadan ends before the WC starts...
Accordingly, there would be no need for such a request.

Nonetheless, it’s a very personal decision, and for many people (not just the footballers themselves but also arguably the larger part of “their country [and] the Muslim world”) devotion to their religion and frankly one of its holiest tenets is far more important than devotion to football (even the WC).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
See how what he did went missing in translation because people want to be mischievous. It was time to break the fast so they deviced a way to stop the game and allow the players to do so. It is not different from what FIFA did in Brasil with the water breaks.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Gotti wrote:
TheHitman47 wrote:I think people here don't realize that athletes, especially for the world cup can talk with an Imam to be approved to not fast during a time like the World Cup which would be representative of not only their country but the Muslim world when it comes to footballers.

Ramadan ends before the WC starts...

Nonetheless, it’s a very personal decision, and for many people (not just the footballers themselves but also arguably the larger part of “their country [and] the Muslim world”) devotion to their religion and frankly one of its holiest tenets is far more important than devotion to football (even the WC).
:clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
See how what he did went missing in translation because people want to be mischievous. It was time to break the fast so they deviced a way to stop the game and allow the players to do so. It is not different from what FIFA did in Brasil with the water breaks.
exactly!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This thing is hilarious because before muslims fast for Ramadan, I am aware that they have a heavy meal the night before.

I believe they can still play. If they were having a RCCG/MFM type fast....ehen....I for understand.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

cchinukw wrote:This thing is hilarious because before muslims fast for Ramadan, I am aware that they have a heavy meal the night before.

I believe they can still play. If they were having a RCCG/MFM type fast....ehen....I for understand.

Not everyone eats heavy meals the night before, though even if they did, would not help mitigate thirst/dehydration.
Secondly, you missed Oloye's post. They didn't stop the match to "eat", i.e., feast. It was to break their fast, which in itself is a time-sensitive ritual. Sips of water and dates.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

But I thought muslims were allowed to freely take the day off from fasting and make it up another time...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

oloye wrote:
Odas wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Shut up my fren and stop comparing apples to oranges. It's peeps like you that are problem in every society. FIFA's water breaks is under law, but what the Tunisian goalkeeper did is clear fraud that is against football law. Yes, faking injuries in matches is against football law that is punishable, yet it needs to be proved as in this particular case. These people accepts lies as norm in their religion so far as it can serve their purpose. Let any of them come in here to deny this.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Schillachi wrote:But I thought muslims were allowed to freely take the day off from fasting and make it up another time...
We are.

There is no theological basis for athletes to fast in preparation or during competition. This yet one more example where in a Islamic nation cultural pressure outweighs theological facts.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

See how the writer take do ojoro misdirect people !! the power of the pen.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Schillachi wrote:But I thought muslims were allowed to freely take the day off from fasting and make it up another time...
One can even take an exception if traveling...
But ultimately it is each individual's personal choice and should be respected if they choose not to.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Siddonlook11 wrote:See how the writer take do ojoro misdirect people !! the power of the pen.
Where's the so-called "ojoro"? It's a FACTUAL report of what happen...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

Gotti wrote: Ramadan ends before the WC starts...

There would be a need for that request, especially if the team has any ambitions than making past the group stage and if the player fasting is a part of the starting XI.

Also if the player's devotion to religion puts our World Cup hopes at risk, I really hope that the coach does the right thing and not play that player and gives them the hard ultimatum for that.

This is also part of the reason why teams with large portions of muslim players never make it past the group stage. And please don't give me one off examples of how one team prevented another team from scoring in a friendly.