Nigeria 0 - 1 Czech Republic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

papilo
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria - Czech Republic Line Up

Post by papilo »

waka-man wrote:Of course, after Saturday, this could be 3-5-1-1...
Could be but I doubt Shehu would start if that were to be the case. He can manage at right back but I doubt Rohr will play him as a wing-back again.
yes o
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:Rohr's team is the only team who loves to feature non scoring strikers. I don't know how the man expects victory. I use to think winning is only by outscoring your opponents thus you have field prolific scorers who bury their chances when they are given to them,
Anyway I'm glad the recent draws and defeats suffered by SE has invariably emasculate all the gratuitous sanguine feelings by SE fans.
Now some people has come to the realization Rohr is feckless and incompetent as I have been shouting for a long time.
... perhaps you are correct with your observation/position/opinion, but take it easy - bros. Let the coaching crew do their thing.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:I don't think the lone striker option has worked well for us since the Cameron game in Uyo. I think it gives us a slow start and consequently an uphil battle.
Playing two strikers (Kele + Iwobi) worked well against Argentina, but since then he hasn't gone back to it again dunno why.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Czech Republic

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Ahidjo[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]K[/color] wrote: So, any links?
https://www.laola1.tv/en-int/home/
Confirmed that the match is listed here. Keeping fingers crossed it will be shown.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oglex30
Egg
Egg

Post by oglex30 »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:I don't think the lone striker option has worked well for us since the Cameron game in Uyo. I think it gives us a slow start and consequently an uphil battle.
Playing two strikers (Kele + Iwobi) worked well against Argentina, but since then he hasn't gone back to it again dunno why.
This is my only issue. Ighalo is not good enough to play as a lone striker.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bully12 wrote:Rohr's team is the only team who loves to feature non scoring strikers. I don't know how the man expects victory. I use to think winning is only by outscoring your opponents thus you have field prolific scorers who bury their chances when they are given to them,
Anyway I'm glad the recent draws and defeats suffered by SE has invariably emasculate all the gratuitous sanguine feelings by SE fans.
Now some people has come to the realization Rohr is feckless and incompetent as I have been shouting for a long time.
Perhaps his team is one that expects goals to come from more than one person. Iwobi , Moses Mikel all can score. Stop fixating your eyes on Ighalo, his job on the team demands more than scoring. I understand your views about his inconsistency in front of goals, but there are some attackers (note i used attacker and not striker) whose job is to create space, hustle, unsettle defence and hold up play in a team where you expect and have others who can also score.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

oglex30 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
This is my only issue. Ighalo is not good enough to play as a lone striker.
Simmy is another option, he holds the ball up well and has a good eye for goal. Best to keep him under wraps for now and use him as a joker when required.

Ighalo puts in a good shift each time but our inability to keep ball possession in the middle of the park, has starved him of good service.

Nacho is better suited to 4-3-3 and Rohr hasn't experimented with that for a while, so Simmy and Ighalo remain in pole position.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
Because the Argentina match was open, they dont play the typical compact game which the europeans play. Go two strikers against european teams you will be made to pay dearly. Perhaps in the second half when the european teams tend to tire and slow down, but never at the beginning when we tend to start sluggishly and they on the front foot. The formation being deployed is one of the reasons why we have not been shipping goals even when we are struggling to find our feet in a game.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

tayuma wrote:Nigeria Starting XI: Uzoho, Shehu, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, Ogu, Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel, Moses, Ighalo

Looks like the starting 11 when the WC proper starts.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

With Rohr's 4-2-3-1, effectively we have 6 defensive-minded players ie the back 4 and the 2 DMs and we have 4 offensive-minded players ie the 3 AMs and 1 ST. We just need a good game to get the 4 upfront scoring to get themselves in the mood.

In Rohr we trust. :thumb:
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

But why is he adamant with playing Iwobi from thw wing? Why not move Mikel back to the postion he played so well in Chelsea and play Ndidi beside him while Iwobi play in front of them as the play maker. He should then playe Etebo from the left, the postion he played well at the Olympics and Moses to come from the right. Etebo and Moses will fall back to help the defenders and play Ighalo, Simy or Kele in front. Ogu and Mikel two slow people in the midfield will over work Ndidi
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tunde72 wrote:But why is he adamant with playing Iwobi from thw wing? Why not move Mikel back to the postion he played so well in Chelsea and play Ndidi beside him while Iwobi play in front of them as the play maker. He should then playe Etebo from the left, the postion he played well at the Olympics and Moses to come from the right. Etebo and Moses will fall back to help the defenders and play Ighalo, Simy or Kele in front. Ogu and Mikel two slow people in the midfield will over work Ndidi
Once again because Iwobi is listed on the wing does not make him a winger. We have two full backs who have been entrusted with that job, we just need to get them more involved. Both Shehu and Idowu are not shy of bombing forward, ditto Tyron.

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

links guys is bein gonna show it
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Apart from John Ogu (understandable given last game's player performances), there are no surprises in this lineup or the formation. I do expect Rohr to switch it up tactically as the game progresses which may please some of the critics here.
Last edited by green4life on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
smartbrother wrote:only the midfield changed
and much better than line up than england
but Iwobi is wasted on the wings.
you complain too much
ok i'll try to complain less
just for you.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:Apart from John Ogu (understandable given last game's player performances), there are no surprises in this lineup or the formation. Why folks are complaining beats me. I do expect Rohr to switch it up tactically as the game progresses which may please some of the critics here.
I think the underlined is what people are complaining about, since the qualifiers this formation hasn't seemed to work out...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Dem fit reschedule am 4 U nah!

Cmoke :D :D :D
ohenhen1 wrote:9 am ET start time on Wednesday is not convenient. I hope the match is recorded and uploaded. I will try not to read the game thread until I watch the game. People tend to see things differently on CE.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

balo wrote:
tayuma wrote:Nigeria Starting XI: Uzoho, Shehu, Troost-Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, Ogu, Ndidi, Iwobi, Mikel, Moses, Ighalo

Looks like the starting 11 when the WC proper starts.
depends on how they play today.
if it is the starting 11 i think its close to the best we can hope for under this formation and given the players in the squad
I think believe there is still hope to see my preferred midfield of Ndidi, Mikel and Iwobi in the Starting 11 or after substitutions
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

tunde72 wrote:But why is he adamant with playing Iwobi from thw wing? Why not move Mikel back to the postion he played so well in Chelsea and play Ndidi beside him while Iwobi play in front of them as the play maker. He should then playe Etebo from the left, the postion he played well at the Olympics and Moses to come from the right. Etebo and Moses will fall back to help the defenders and play Ighalo, Simy or Kele in front. Ogu and Mikel two slow people in the midfield will over work Ndidi
I agree with you sir. But I think Mikel has "claimed" that position as his own due to seniority and other considerations.
I dont think it's a coincidence that every national team coach we have use Mikel the same way in the same role. I believe that is the role he has requested and the coaches have all obliged him. Rather a happy Mikel than an unhappy one. So unless Mikel is benched or we are losing a game, iwobi will not be played in that position. Mark my words!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Because the Argentina match was open, they dont play the typical compact game which the europeans play. Go two strikers against european teams you will be made to pay dearly. Perhaps in the second half when the european teams tend to tire and slow down, but never at the beginning when we tend to start sluggishly and they on the front foot. The formation being deployed is one of the reasons why we have not been shipping goals even when we are struggling to find our feet in a game.
abeg tell them, clueless mace and his cousin bully have zero clue about any tactical aspect of football, nah shinning shinning things they are fixated on
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:Apart from John Ogu (understandable given last game's player performances), there are no surprises in this lineup or the formation. Why folks are complaining beats me. I do expect Rohr to switch it up tactically as the game progresses which may please some of the critics here.
I think the underlined is what people are complaining about, since the qualifiers this formation hasn't seemed to work out...
.... due to some well-known reasons (some key players missing or the need to match up to the formation of the opponent)
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Well I hope we don't need to wait too long before we see Iwobi in that position.

It would be a shame. Any later than 2020 will be unfortunate.

Hopefully next year.
Last edited by Tbite on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

smartbrother wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
smartbrother wrote:only the midfield changed
and much better than line up than england
but Iwobi is wasted on the wings.
you complain too much
ok i'll try to complain less
just for you.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved