Nigeria 0 - 1 Czech Republic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 0 vs CEZCH REP 0 (1H)

Post by wanaj0 »

anikulapo wrote:Are they playing at a community center???? WTF

I LOVE THAT JERSEY THOUGH :thumb:
Very underwhelming atmosphere. Not an international friendly as far as I am concerned.

2.00pm must be very HOT.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Czech Republic

Post by Tbite »

I don't know what the final score will be, but if we do not score in this game it is MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR worry.

This Czech republic side are poor!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Relatively good half. Have had enough looks both on the defensive side of corners and the offensive side of corners.

We need to move the ball a lot faster and into space. Trust that your man will make the run. Want to see us a bit more compact.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wazobia
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 0 vs CEZCH REP 0 (1H)

Post by wazobia »

wanaj0 wrote:
fabio wrote:CZ scores from corner..

Another GK error.

The chap is not good enough for this level
In what way?

We gave a free header which the GK saved. We fail to react hence the opposition scored via the rebound yet you call it a GK error. Na wa oooo.

The GK is not De Gea but the blame lies with the defenders. We are not defending crosses well.
I agree. Defense was responsible for that goal
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
uglyoneiamagain wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If you want to play with Wing Backs then Ebeuhi is the better fit as he can attack, Shehu plays the position like Mikel at Chelsea with sideways passing.

So true.. he hesitates going forward.
he probably doesnt trust that he has enough cover behind him. he has made some runs thatw ere ignored.

Half time.
If we are playing 2 at the back I understand, but with 3 he should be more adventurous. Your Wing Backs are supposed to provide the width in 352, so both he and Idowu are wastes on the wings at least attacking wise.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA 0 vs CEZCH REP 1 (1H)

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

soccernut wrote:This SE team sucks! We will be lucky to win any of our matches even if we beat Czech Republic. Our weaknesses are so glaring, they will not go unpunished at the WC. Rohr is not a world class coach but another journeyman coach in Africa. After the last match, you'd think he would have tried out Simi by now. So much for team spirit, after 15 minutes some of our boys were already arguing and WC hasn't even started.
and the idiotic players are on instagram doing insta stories every minute , these players are the most spoilt bunch in our football history, no dedication or commitment, they are just going for the ambience
Last edited by Okochadman2Nas on Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

TheTactician wrote:
platinum wrote:
TheTactician wrote:
platinum wrote:
TheTactician wrote:This team is so bad, we should have given our spot to another african team. Embarrassing.
Stop it. We EARNED our place in the hardest African group. Are you kidding me???
No I'm not, it's better not to go to the world cup than to go there and play league 3 level football. This is rubbish.
Off the TV and go do something else my brother, you're watching with too much emotion (understandably) and not reasoning it out. WHO exactly should take our place? Cameroon? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's better that another african country go there and embarrass themselves than we go there and embarrass ourselves. This team is really bad and the annoying part is that the coach doesn't have the courage to drop the 'big' players when they're not playing well. Igahlo is example 1.

Ighalo is literally the only attacking in the starting XI and you want to drop him for who exactly? The rest of the team are ball movers not finishers. There's Ighalo alone, then maybe VM who are doing the majority of the attacking. Which kain tactician you be? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your team needs goals and you dey complain make dem drop the lead striker? If anything, Rohr should ADD Iheanacho and see what a front two of Ighalo and Iheanacho can do.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
RomanusOjinta
Egg
Egg

Post by RomanusOjinta »

Siddonlook11 wrote:This is a friendly ...but men this team does not elicit any confidence :bored:
If I see this excuse again! So what, a friendly tells you nothing? What about our friendlies before Brazil when we stunk up the joint and couldn't score to save our lives? Isn't that pretty much how Brazil turned out?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

oloye wrote:The way that boy plucks the ball from the air, it has been a while since i last saw a Naija keeper do that. That boy has massive potentials..i mean Uzoho
He does when he is assertive. The only issue is that sometimes he is tentative and then gets caught in no mans land or flaps at the ball badly. He is tall enough that he should dominate that area in the box. He does have some great potential though.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA 0 vs CEZCH REP 1 (HT)

Post by Sir V »

too many corners conceded
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This team is very uninspiring. VicMo is doing what he wants rather than playing for the team. Iwobi, who should be the playmaker, has had drop deep to be the DM and VicMo opted to now be the playmaker. Ighalo is in and out of this match and not causing the Czechs any problems.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Etebo for Ogu, Ebuehe for Sheue.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

smartbrother wrote:
maceo4 wrote:If you want to play with Wing Backs then Ebeuhi is the better fit as he can attack, Shehu plays the position like Mikel at Chelsea with sideways passing.
that is the way to play the role
a wingback attacking in gung-ho fashion gets you killed
Chelsea won the FA Cup and League last season with attacking wing backs though, ask Moses...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

The shape remains good. Cohesion is the main problem I see now. Everyone is balling, so where is the disconnect?
To stop trying is to start dying
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I hope Rohr has another game plan he teaches this in the middle of the night so our opponents wont see. We struggled in the first half of every game so far. We can't always wait for half tome adjustments to start playing well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Few observations

* Once again we are struggling to create chances. Relying too much on individual runs.. Too much running with the ball
* Ighalo is getting caught offside too many times for a striker of his experience (he did this repeatedly in the England game).
* We need to find a player who is a bit more deadly at freekicks.
* Our Set play , playing and defending to too amateurish.
* Ebuehi looks like he has won the first team shirt at right back
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote:too many corners conceded
...and do not defend them well at all. :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

10 reasons why we are behind:

[1] Shehu is not providing any width on the right
[2] Idowu is right footed so has to come inside to cross
[3] Ogu is slow and cannot initiate quick counter attacks
[4] Mikel is playing too far forward to cannot hold the ball in front of the defence for us
[5] Iwobi is played as a wide forward so cannot hurt the opposition down the middle
[6] I would bring on Ebuehi for Shehu to provide width
[7] I would bring on Joel for Idowu to whip in crosses with his left foot
[8] I would bring on Iheanacho for Ogu. I would then play Iwobi as my playmaker
[9] Iheanacho would then take over from Iwobi out wide
[10] With Mikel dropping back to sit with Ndidi in front of the back four, we would retain possession a lot more
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I will say it again. Leaving Ambrose out of the squad is a big mistake! Idowu is not better than Echiejile :!:

Cheers.
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Guys, I think we should slow down. This team is trying to play, push forward and understand each other in the final third.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

since the coach decided to use a new keeper, why can't we use a new striker in Simy.

If we can defend then we should be able to score, i tired of Igahlo starting for us all the time, Simy should be brought in
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

imehjunior wrote:Etebo for Ogu, Ebuehe for Sheue.
Nwankwo for Ighalo too.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

imehjunior wrote:Etebo for Ogu, Ebuehe for Sheue.
Etebo as a CB? That might be tough for him...
Super Eagus 4 Life!