Musa To Croatians: Super Eagles Will Beat Your Team...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg
Musa To Croatians: Super Eagles Will Beat Your Team...

Post by Pounded Yam »

Super Eagles forward Ahmed Musa has stated that the team are in Russia to make a positive impact and he is confident they will qualify from their group ahead of Argentina, Croatia and Iceland, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Gernot Rohr’s men will face Croatia in their opening Group D fixture at the Kaliningrad Stadium on Saturday.

“We want to beat your team, and of course we do not want to lose,” Musa told a cross section of Croatian journalists after the team’s training in Essentuki.

“We are full of confidence, I believe in the ability of our team. You have seen today, the great atmosphere in our team. We are not scared, we’ve come here for great things.”

Aside from Croatia, the Super Eagles will have to contend with two-time champions Argentina and debutants Iceland for a place in the second round.

Musa, who spent last season on loan with CSKA Moscow from Leicester City, believes the Eagles will need at least six points to scale through the first round hurdle.

“Six points will be okay for us. Four points would be insufficient. I don’t think four will be enough. I think we must settle for six points,” he added.

He also singled out the duo of Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic as the key men for the Croats.

“Croatia has many top class players, but let me say that Modric and Rakitić are the best.”

Asked for his favourite to pick the number one spot in the group, the former VVV Venlo player did not hesitate to pick his nation.

“Nigeria of course,” he answered. “Even Argentina with Messi are not better than us.”

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/mu ... r-than-us/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa To Croatians: Super Eagles Will Beat Your Team...

Post by pajimoh »

He should shut it and let the result speak for the team. No be mouth we go take win games
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

pajimoh wrote:He should shut it and let the result speak for the team. No be mouth we go take win games
KPOM :clap: :clap: :clap:
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

pajimoh wrote:He should shut it and let the result speak for the team. No be mouth we go take win games
His exact quote...
“We want to beat your team, and of course we do not want to lose,”
As opposed to the sensationalized header by the magazine.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Clickbait journalism
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you like to jump to conclusion, you read the entire article? :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

he was responding to a close ended question from the croats press.
"who do you think would win between nigeria and croatia"
what is supposed to say?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
you like to jump to conclusion, you read the entire article? :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's a standard protocol of mutual respect at this level and it involve some degree of diplomacy.

You'll hear team say "we respect this team, they have good players but ee also believe in our own team. We are fully prepared for this game. We expect a tough game and we are fully prepared.

No be this "we want to beat your team, we go beat you. Na crush we go crush you" nonsense :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I like his approach.

Tell them you are going to beat them
Then beat them
Then tell then you just beat them

:)