Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
See what happens when the ball does not stick upfront? It just keeps coming back and you end up being under relentless pressure. Had Saudi Arabia had an Odion Ighalo playing for them today they would not have lost by as heavy a margin as they would have retained possession a bit more.

At the World Cup, the targetman is probably the most important member of the team. At this level, retaining possession is paramount!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 905
How many did we score vs Czech?

You know we scored 3 goals vs Algeria with Kelechi as striker?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28655
Could this not be said in the game thread?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Coach wrote:
Could this not be said in the game thread?


No! It is an important point that needs to be spelt out separately. CE forumers need educating as the know-how on here is simply not good enough.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16538
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Coach wrote:
Could this not be said in the game thread?


Actually, I think it deserves its own thread as it focuses on Nigeria learning from the Saudi game. My tuppence.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56543
Synopsis wrote:
How many did we score vs Czech?

You know we scored 3 goals vs Algeria with Kelechi as striker?



FRIENDLY RESULT GERMANY 2 SAUDI ARABIA 1


TOURNAMENT RESULT RUSSIA 5 SAUDI ARABIA 0


IS RUSSIA BETTER THAN Germany?


SELECTIVE AMNESIA ON THE CAMEROON GAME.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Last edited by ohenhen1 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 28655
Are Saudi Arabia a good reference point for any such argument? And how much did the ball stick up top when Ighalo played vs England?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Dzubya was particularly impressive at holding the balk up. See the way he created the fourth goal. Now, only Odion Ighalo can provide that for Nigeria.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 905
ohenhen1 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
How many did we score vs Czech?

You know we scored 3 goals vs Algeria with Kelechi as striker?



FRIENDLY RESULT GERMANY 2 SAUDI ARABIA 1


TOURNAMENT RESULT RUSSIA 5 SAUDI ARABIA 0


IS RUSSIA BETTER THAN Germany?
The truth is we won only two qualifying matches with Ighalo as striker. We scored more than a single goal in just one of the matches.

All this good hold up play with nothing to show for it.


Last edited by Synopsis on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Coach wrote:
Are Saudi Arabia a good reference point for any such argument? And how much did the ball stick up top when Ighalo played vs England?


Has it occurred to you that we could have lost by four against England without Ighalo? He also created our only goal of the match!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28413
Quote:
Saudi Arabia has outlined the importance of Ighalo


Yeah, Russia scored 5. Saudi Arabia just outlined the importance of having an Ighalo - you don't score, you get punished

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 20510
Location: NORTH AMERICA
I'm disappointed. I was waiting for the punchline that Joel Obi would have prevented all the goals via the left back...

_________________
I keep paraphrasing David Frum in Trumpocracy: if conservatives can't win elections democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 28413
Ekorian wrote:
I'm disappointed. I was waiting for the punchline that Joel Obi would have prevented all the goals via the left back...


That's for another thread, followed by how Kelechi would have opened up the Ruskys like a two bob ashawo :tic:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44029
Really Ayo? So that's it? How many touches does the CF get? :sneaky:

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:18 pm
Posts: 15713
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P
Ighalo is not a consistent striker.
This thread has no relevance

_________________
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 6595
I fear for any team in Green with many Naija born players

_________________
Boycott Russia 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1925
No serious team will have ighalo as a top striker and expect to perform exceptionally at the World Cup. Strikers main responsibility are to score goals or assists and in addition to it, ont be lazy(yakubu) ighalo has shown and proven that his incapable of what i aforementioned. He is good at hustling, holding the ball and to certain extent Dribble but that’s not good enough. We need a reliable striker upfront and the better rohr demote ighalo to the bench, the better for SE. ighalo is a squad player at best while kelechi is a potential WORLD CLASS striker.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 1925
Holding the ball is useless for a striker if they cannot SCORE. We should stop mentioning some moral victory piece of crap like holding the ball


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:18 pm
Posts: 15713
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P
Rawlings wrote:
I fear for any team in Green with many Naija born players



:blink: return yourself back to Ghanaweb

_________________
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Some of the naïveté I read here blows my head away. How do you score when you do not have possession of the ball?

I sometimes want to punch my walls when I read the ignorant and illiterate comments on this forum. Any country plays without a targetman at the World Cup at its peril!

Only a dumb person would think Kelechi Iheanacho will be of any use when he cannot even get hold of the ball. How exactly is he going to score when the opposing defenders will all the headers, tackles, 50:50 balls and crosses?

I actually think Iheanacho and Moses will be good wide players to use behind the targetman Ighalo but to suggest playing either of them up top is like asking Balogun to play in goal. Some of you just do not understand the simple basics of football.

Only an ignorant and illiterate coach will ditch playing with a targetman simply because he is not scoring. What some of you should be suggesting is that the other targetman Simeon Nwankwo be looked at but to be honest, it is too late for that.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 905
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Some of the naïveté I read here blows my head away. How do you score when you do not have possession of the ball?

I sometimes want to punch my walls when I read the ignorant and illiterate comments on this forum. Any country plays without a targetman at the World Cup at its peril!

Only a dumb person would think Kelechi Iheanacho will be of any use when he cannot even get hold of the ball. How exactly is he going to score when the opposing defenders will all the headers, tackles, 50:50 balls and crosses?

I actually think Iheanacho and Moses will be good wide players to use behind the targetman Ighalo but to suggest playing either of them up top is like asking Balogun to play in goal. Some of you just do not understand the simple basics of football.

Only an ignorant and illiterate coach will ditch playing with a targetman simply because he is not scoring. What some of you should be suggesting is that the other targetman Simeon Nwankwo be looked at but to be honest, it is too late for that.
How did Iheanacho score against Cameroon? Did he not play CF when he entered the game? How did he score 3 goals as a cf for Leicester this season? Was it all by magic?

I need answers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54281
Location: United Kingdom
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Some of the naïveté I read here blows my head away. How do you score when you do not have possession of the ball?

I sometimes want to punch my walls when I read the ignorant and illiterate comments on this forum. Any country plays without a targetman at the World Cup at its peril!

Only a dumb person would think Kelechi Iheanacho will be of any use when he cannot even get hold of the ball. How exactly is he going to score when the opposing defenders will all the headers, tackles, 50:50 balls and crosses?

I actually think Iheanacho and Moses will be good wide players to use behind the targetman Ighalo but to suggest playing either of them up top is like asking Balogun to play in goal. Some of you just do not understand the simple basics of football.

Only an ignorant and illiterate coach will ditch playing with a targetman simply because he is not scoring. What some of you should be suggesting is that the other targetman Simeon Nwankwo be looked at but to be honest, it is too late for that.
How did Iheanacho score against Cameroon? Did he not play CF when he entered the game? How did he score 3 goals as a cf for Leicester this season? Was it all by magic?

I need answers


Simplistic nonsense. Iheanacho came on against Cameroon when we were 3-0 up thanks to Ighalo. By then they were were bombing forward recklessly and we scored on the counter attack.

Just to show how little you know, you shamelessly tout a striker who has scored a grand total of THREE goals a season as someone to lead our World Cup attack! Do you think before you type at all?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 905
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Some of the naïveté I read here blows my head away. How do you score when you do not have possession of the ball?

I sometimes want to punch my walls when I read the ignorant and illiterate comments on this forum. Any country plays without a targetman at the World Cup at its peril!

Only a dumb person would think Kelechi Iheanacho will be of any use when he cannot even get hold of the ball. How exactly is he going to score when the opposing defenders will all the headers, tackles, 50:50 balls and crosses?

I actually think Iheanacho and Moses will be good wide players to use behind the targetman Ighalo but to suggest playing either of them up top is like asking Balogun to play in goal. Some of you just do not understand the simple basics of football.

Only an ignorant and illiterate coach will ditch playing with a targetman simply because he is not scoring. What some of you should be suggesting is that the other targetman Simeon Nwankwo be looked at but to be honest, it is too late for that.
How did Iheanacho score against Cameroon? Did he not play CF when he entered the game? How did he score 3 goals as a cf for Leicester this season? Was it all by magic?

I need answers


Simplistic nonsense. Iheanacho came on against Cameroon when we were 3-0 up thanks to Ighalo. By then they were were bombing forward recklessly and we scored on the counter attack.

Just to show how little you know, you shamelessly tout a striker who has scored a grand total of THREE goals a season as someone to lead our World Cup attack! Do you think before you type at all?
He had 3 goals in 3 matches as a lone striker. 8 goals in total with not many minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adisboy, gurrano, wale1974 and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group