Nothing short of a 3-0 win is acceptable to me after this oo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: Nothing short of a 3-0 win is acceptable to me after thi

Post by azuka »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Argentina drop goalkeeper Caballero for Nigeria game after he receives threats for his gaffe against Croatia - See more at: https://goo.gl/TucfVq

With the current disarray in the Argentine camp, nothing short of a similar 3-0 victory is acceptable to me come Tuesday. In 2010, France had similar disarray in their camp and South Africa went on to beat them 2-1 in their final group game despite having a far weaker team.

We have no excuse now Eagles. Come on boys, let us show them what we are made of!
Stop putting unnecessary pressure on the boys. All we need is a draw to the next round.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

felarey wrote:All these disarray reports are starting to get suspicious. Could be mind games.
I called it out yesterday, mind games, but results dont lie, Argentina are at the bottom of the group for a reason, over reliance on Messi, if he has a poor game, Argentina dont usually win, thats a fact, i will say he is out of form, i think Argentina have so many good players, the issue is he played the big names hoping that will do the trick, i think the form players are sitting on the bench, maybe its time to ditch the big names and play the form players, now thats scary
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Argentina is still very much in it. The pressure could bring out the best or the worst in their stars. I hope it's the latter. If there's a time to beat them, it is now. However, their backs were against the wall in their last qualifying game and Messi scored a hat-trick against Ecuador to get them through. I really hope our boys pull off the victory tomorrow.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Unleash the pace and let those old Argies feel the heat.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kolinzo wrote:Let me get this straight: If SE tied with Argentina you wouldn't be satisfied that we qualify to the next round? lol...joker!
Not good enough. We have to set the bar higher. No European team would settle for a draw in such circumstances
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
kolinzo wrote:Let me get this straight: If SE tied with Argentina you wouldn't be satisfied that we qualify to the next round? lol...joker!
Not good enough. We have to set the bar higher. No European team would settle for a draw in such circumstances
Two European teams just drew against inferior opponents to scrape through to the next round...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

This is about an African team beating a world giant as Morocco nearly did today. It is important for our self prestige as a people!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is about an African team beating a world giant as Morocco nearly did today. It is important for our self prestige as a people!
That's the mentality or rather the stupidity that will cost us qualification. Morocco has nothing to lose. Our qualification here is at risk. All we need to do is, contain, soak up their pressure and counter. And who says we can not get a goal or two in that process.
We should NOT go for an all out win. We should rather be smart about it.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Yes a draw should be enough but i dont like this mindset, Nigeria should be going for a win

Argentina will play kamikaze football for the 1st 20 minites, they will throw everything to get that early goal hoping Nigeria will break, in fact the first 5 minutes will be explosive, what if Nigeria retaliates and gives them fire for fire and a few scares which will hopefully force argentines back to their own half to defend for their lives
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

azuka wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is about an African team beating a world giant as Morocco nearly did today. It is important for our self prestige as a people!
That's the mentality or rather the stupidity that will cost us qualification. Morocco has nothing to lose. Our qualification here is at risk. All we need to do is, contain, soak up their pressure and counter. And who says we can not get a goal or two in that process.
Na so you fear Argentina? See how much disdain Croatia has for them.

We beat them 4-2 in November so anything less is going backwards. There is nothing to this Argentine team.

Nigeria needs to lay down a marker and say the African is not inferior to anyone. We need to nail all this racist punditry we keep hearing.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

marko wrote:Just play the long balls behind their defence and hope Mascherano is the last man defending
:lol:

All we want is a repeat of this. Musa and Mascherano have a previous relationship as shown below:

[/video]
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Ok guys you all should calm down.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
azuka wrote:
Na so you fear Argentina? See how much disdain Croatia has for them.

We beat them 4-2 in November so anything less is going backwards. There is nothing to this Argentine team.

Nigeria needs to lay down a marker and say the African is not inferior to anyone. We need to nail all this racist punditry we keep hearing.
It's not about fear. It's about been streetwise. If we were playing them in the 2nd match after losing to Iceland, fine we should go for an all out win. But now it makes no sense going for a win and leaving ourselves for a sucker punch. The onus is on Argentina to go all out for a win and not on us. The desperation is on Argentina and should not been on us.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

zee wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:I just do not see how we cannot score three as they have to pour forward i search of goals. Argentina has no midfield, so with them bombing forward I can see Etebo having a field day.

Omeruo will also be very key in this game as his long passes from defence will be killers. Mikel and Omeruo will be the major assistants in this match. How will they contain Moses and Ebuehi self?

Go to bed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
...some do nothing better than to go against Ayo Akinfe...na wa for you all...
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Al B Sure wrote:Ok guys you all should calm down.
Al B Sure, how bodi? I see your GOAT Messi is still messing up. :D Anyway, I expect him to redeem himself tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't be enough to save Argentina.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohsee wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:Ok guys you all should calm down.
Al B Sure, how bodi? I see your GOAT Messi is still messing up. :D Anyway, I expect him to redeem himself tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't be enough to save Argentina.
I would call you disloyal but you wouldn’t know what it means, you senile old fool :!:

Cheers.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Iheanacho will score the 1st goal on the 1st half, then Iwobi will come in on the 2nd half and score the 2nd goal, then Ighalo will also come in on the 2nd half and score the 3rd goal.
Musa will start but he will not score because the Argies will be after him. Musa is going to be playing more of an assist role drawing all the defenders to himself.

Nigeria will defeat Argentina 3-0

Mikel might not play. Idowu will start, then Ebuehi will come in the 2nd half. :mrgreen:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well Sweden only needed a draw against Germany, see where that ended up

Marko
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This is a very irritating thread.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

An Argentina in disarray could still hammer Nigeria. Guys don't be too optimistic, Argentina game will be more intense than Iceland.