FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA World Cup™ 2018: Nigeria 1 -2 Argentina FT

Post by felarey »

What happened to our supporters club, trumpets still banned?? We also need to get ourselves a better country with a better economy so our fans are not outnumbered 200:1 in the stands at the WC. Was at the Croatia game and it was sad to see how the Croats easily shut us up once any faint chant is heard from the grossly outnumbered Nigeria fans. We need our trumpets back!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

osita wrote:
cchinukw wrote:I don't know if I can really blame Rohr for this bro.

SE just couldn't bring themselves to focus. I sensed stage fright.

The tension of this match was extremely high.
I don’t get your analysis, Igahlo has never been clinical, iwobi would have being able to hold possession better and initiate counters with etebo and musa. We lost this game because of Gohr. He has repeatedly mad mistakes with his subs. If iwobi had that chance , he would have buried it.

Igahlo is not a striker at all he is very average, we lost because of the lack of knowledge of the coach and understanding of his players.
Iwobi that falls all over the place and turns over would have been better with possession? We had chances to seal this Game and didn’t take it. Simple. Rohr could have done better with some subs but we had a shot at taking at least a pt from this game.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If we know what is good for us..we keep this coach , we have a team. I want to see my boys in the ANC, they win it and we attack 2022. That is my vision for this team. We have a team that knows how to execute a game plan..we just lead players to rise to the occasion like Musa did against Iceland...that is the difference. Some players know how to rise to the occasion some just fluff their lines badly
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Nkume wrote:Not surprised. Not bothered. I said that Ighalo was a waste of space 4 years ago, and have maintained that stance. Him and Brown Ideye are the worst excuses for strikers ever to wear green. I would have taken the best striker in the NPFL rather than Ighalo. Rubbish.
Thanks bro, I myself have maintained that he is a waste pipe, also the coach is a waste pipie because he has repeatedly used Igahlo knowing that he can not contribute much to the team.

The proper choice was to bring in iwobi who would have created chances with his pace and skill. His stupid excuse of SE being young is pure incompetence from Gohr. England is young , Mexico is young too, Sweden is young. What is Gohr really talking about, the guy is useless.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

felarey wrote:What happened to our supporters club, trumpets still banned?? We also need to get ourselves a better country with a better economy so our fans are not outnumbered 200:1 in the stands at the WC. Was at the Croatia game and it was sad to see how the Croats easily shut us up once any faint chant is heard from the grossly outnumbered Nigeria fans. We need our trumpets back!

Strong this! We have loud mouths on this site who have never been to one game and they are here making noise. Rohr just said it was like playing an away game. All some of una do is just attack your team and make noise with little actual support
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Sometimes the World Cup is about the luck of the draw. There are many groups from which Nigeria would have qualified easily. Like Egypt group or even the Swiss/Brazil group. Even the France Group would have seen Nigeria go through. Nigeria was unlucky to play Croatia early. When Argentina is on, it is tough to beat.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On the contrary, Iwobi had done nothing with the chance given previously and would've isolated an already isolated Ahmed Musa.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

felarey wrote:
Schillachi wrote:Make we go beg Oliseh to come back? 8-)
Yup or Siasia. Oliseh has got to have better tactical acumen and not turned a spectator like Rohr. A Siasia coached team will bang in goals against this Argentine side. Pinnick should either stick with Rohr or get one or both of these two and give them the same support.

Please no sacking of coaches, we saw some positives, defence has improved must say, what we need is more psychological aspect of the game, like concentration for 90 minutes, looking for decent strikers as this is the difference between staying in a competition and not, as for Ighalo and Ihenacho, they need to play more competitive football, especially Ighalo needs to play in a competitive league or he should get dropped

We remain Argentina perennial wives!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Only one thing I rather they have done; signaled for VAR when Nacho was held and kicked in the face. That would have shifted the focus on the clueless ref.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

bepanda wrote:Sometimes the World Cup is about the luck of the draw. There are many groups from which Nigeria would have qualified easily. Like Egypt group or even the Swiss/Brazil group. Even the France Group would have seen Nigeria go through. Nigeria was unlucky to play Croatia early. When Argentina is on, it is tough to beat.
I agree. Argentina just had better over all quality and when they had their chances they took it. Apart from Musa I can't think of a Nigerian striker in the past 10 years (maybe Martins) that has the combination of skill, pace and technique that could have scored that first Messi goal. Our quality just wasn't good enough.
Last edited by airwolex on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

ohsee wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The good news is I get to see France destroy Argentina.
Argentina will beat France.
Oga ohsee, Argentina must score 4 goals 'cos Griezmann will score 2 or more goals.

France will beat Argentina...... It might even be a rout.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Oga ohsee, Argentina must score 4 goals 'cos Griezmann will score 2 or more goals.

France will beat them. They depend too much on Messi and France has the players to keep him quiet.
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

Coach wrote:On the contrary, Iwobi had done nothing with the chance given previously and would've isolated an already isolated Ahmed Musa.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

airwolex wrote:
zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:

France will beat them. They depend too much on Messi and France has the players to keep him quiet.
Will not even predict, what if messi shows up again and takes France apart, to be honest, i will enjoy the rest of the competition, hope England go far, so many goid games to watch
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Painful
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I have two hopes left in this competition:
1. Senegal to progress.
2. Argentina to get thrashed by France.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

marko wrote:
airwolex wrote:
zee wrote:
ohsee wrote:

Will not even predict, what if messi shows up again and takes France apart, to be honest, i will enjoy the rest of the competition, hope England go far, so many goid games to watch
What if Senegal get England?
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

The rubbish with us being drawn with Argentina in a group needs to stop too. We always in damn Group of Death.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Senegal are playing columbia, hmmm that team i watched on Sunday were terrific, Senegal will need to play out of their skins

Marko
Workman
Egg
Egg

Post by Workman »

soothsayer wrote:The rubbish with us being drawn with Argentina in a group needs to stop too. We always in damn Group of Death.
My brother I have given up on that hope. I am already wondering if Argentina will be our 1st game or our last game at the next world cup.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the matter, Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. "
Ecclesiastes 12:13

popular quote- "Every Good deed will not go unpunished"
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Rohr just said Iheanacho wasn't fit. I'm not quite sire what that means though
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

oloye wrote:If we know what is good for us..we keep this coach , we have a team. I want to see my boys in the ANC, they win it and we attack 2022. That is my vision for this team. We have a team that knows how to execute a game plan..we just lead players to rise to the occasion like Musa did against Iceland...that is the difference. Some players know how to rise to the occasion some just fluff their lines badly

Baba Oloye :thumb:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The battle was lost and won in the middle of the park.

The moment, Argentina announced they would be playing 433, I realised they would try to play through the middle.

Nigeria did not use it's wing play effectively. The main culprit on the pitch therefore was Brian Idowu.

You can't lay all the blame on him though. It was the coach's call to leave Ebuehi on the bench and field Idowu.

Was he worried about the needless yellow card that Ebuehi had been given in the Iceland game? There is no other plausible reason for that glaring error in team selection.

That said, the Nigerian defence was atrocious in it's man marking. If you watch the game towards the end, there was a period when the play was going on on our right side of the pitch and Messi was totally unmarked to the left, roaming dangerously near. All a DiMaria needed to do was make a dangerous long pass and it would have been worse.

The highlight for me in 2018 was watching Nigerian players who can't trap or pass properly to save their lives. Worse still unable to keep the ball or kick the ball out of play safely.

Our football has some positives though but we need more of our players competing at a high level going forward.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051