ANY JUSTIFICATIONS FOR HANDBALL DENIAL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Okonkwo in da house
Egg
Egg
Re: ANY JUSTIFICATIONS FOR HANDBALL DENIAL

Post by Okonkwo in da house »

Why did some of you expect Ighalo to hit on those chances? If it were Musa, that would be understandable. Ighalo is not sharp but other better players have also missed glaring chances? I cannot believe Africans apologizing for this robbery. Gary Lineker, Alexi Lalas and these white supremacist will say anything scripted by their producers. Most of these people were praising Suarez's action against Ghana.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Okonkwo in da house wrote:Why did some of you expect Ighalo to hit on those chances? If it were Musa, that would be understandable. Ighalo is not sharp but other better players have also missed glaring chances? I cannot believe Africans apologizing for this robbery. Gary Lineker, Alexi Lalas and these white supremacist will say anything scripted by their producers. Most of these people were praising Suarez's action against Ghana.
If a Nigerian did what Suarez did u would have praised him. Leave Ghana alone
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
bazzwella
Egg
Egg

Post by bazzwella »

I do not know why most of you are complaining about the denied penalty, the ball fell to Ighalo who could have buried the and killed the game, after he blasted wide, he put both hands on his head and suddenly remembered the ball touched Rojo's hand.
Even when Mikel restrained him to allow him as captain to do the protesting, he was still making ugly noises. Blame Ighalo, not the referee.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If it was not a penalty, why were the Argentineans protesting against the ref consulting VAR?
If it was England in Nigeria's position, the likes of Lineker and Uncle Tom Wright would've had a different opinion.
We need to be smarter and know in these crucial WC matches that decisions are likely to go against us when we play the big footballing nations, just like in 1994, when the ref refused to give Maldini a red card when he hauled a goal bound Yekini down. Italy were already a man down and giving a 2nd red would've reduced them to 9 and that would've been curtains for them. Similarly the ref refused to give Nigeria a 2nd penalty while it was Ok for the ref in italia 90 to give 2 penalties against Cameroon in their match against England and also 2 red cards in their opening match against Argentina.
The African teams always get the wrong deal. FIFA's fair play is all bullshit.
I am happy
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

It was a penalty and I really hope that those countries saying it isnt get knocked out via a similar call.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Dammy wrote:If it was not a penalty, why were the Argentineans protesting against the ref consulting VAR?
If it was England in Nigeria's position, the likes of Lineker and Uncle Tom Wright would've had a different opinion.
We need to be smarter and know in these crucial WC matches that decisions are likely to go against us when we play the big footballing nations, just like in 1994, when the ref refused to give Maldini a red card when he hauled a goal bound Yekini down. Italy were already a man down and giving a 2nd red would've reduced them to 9 and that would've been curtains for them. Similarly the ref refused to give Nigeria a 2nd penalty while it was Ok for the ref in italia 90 to give 2 penalties against Cameroon in their match against England and also 2 red cards in their opening match against Argentina.
So Balogun who brought down Di Maria should get a red card, rewatch the Maldini one again, the refree was a s fair as possible. We missed our chances, We should have gone for a draw with croatia that we when we lost the game, I felt we were too cautious but that as what brought Rohr to where we were, I would have gone all out first fifteen minuteen against a nervous Argentine, then if I want to cautious I would have used Ebuehi ahead of Moses and pack the bus properly,

But all in all we didnt do too bad.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
maxsiollun
Egg
Egg

Post by maxsiollun »

I kept saying before the game that the referee would be the most decisive person on the pitch during the game. Wish I had kept my mouth shut!
http://maxsiollun.wordpress.com/
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Dammy wrote:If it was not a penalty, why were the Argentineans protesting against the ref consulting VAR?

Lets assume Ighalo was the one in the position of that defender and this handball somehow gave him an advantage and he scored from there...you think that ref would have allowed the goal..it`s a definite NO.
It`s more complicated than that bro. That would have definitely sent Argentina out. Those refs are being paid by FIFA to follow their "rules" lol
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Prince wrote:
So Balogun who brought down Di Maria should get a red card, rewatch the Maldini one again, the refree was a s fair as possible. We missed our chances, We should have gone for a draw with croatia that we when we lost the game, I felt we were too cautious but that as what brought Rohr to where we were, I would have gone all out first fifteen minuteen against a nervous Argentine, then if I want to cautious I would have used Ebuehi ahead of Moses and pack the bus properly,

But all in all we didnt do too bad.
@Prince, Ekond was about 2 steps ahead of Balogun before De Maria was brought down.
You forgot to mention how Musa was brutally hacked down by the Argentine defender, apparently a yellow card offence but nothing happen.

We had the chance to beat them anyways but gave the game away.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

just put the frigging ball behind the net, if you cant do that, go home!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

asabe wrote:It's a 50-50 call, meaning it's given to the "correct" countries.
:thumb:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

dhoney wrote:
Those refs are being paid by FIFA to follow their "rules" lol
Image :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Rogermilla on Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Nostradamus
Egg
Egg

Post by Nostradamus »

Let's talk about the Balagoun challenge that should have been a red card. Bottom line is Nigeria wasn't good enough to win he game yesterday.
"An African team will win the 2010 World Cup"- Nostradamus
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Okonkwo in da house wrote:Why did some of you expect Ighalo to hit on those chances? If it were Musa, that would be understandable. Ighalo is not sharp but other better players have also missed glaring chances? I cannot believe Africans apologizing for this robbery. Gary Lineker, Alexi Lalas and these white supremacist will say anything scripted by their producers. Most of these people were praising Suarez's action against Ghana.
You are totally rubbishing your own legitimate argument when you mouth nonsense like this.
Do you know anything about Gary Lineker before you call him a "white supremacist"?

Who would ever listen to your argument, talk less of even taking you seriously with this really silly mindset?
You do y/our case a total disservice!
Kai!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

dhoney wrote:

Lets assume Ighalo was the one in the position of that defender and this handball somehow gave him an advantage and he scored from there...you think that ref would have allowed the goal..it`s a definite NO.
It's more complicated than that bro. That would have definitely sent Argentina out. Those refs are being paid by FIFA to follow their "rules" lol
Exactly.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

If it was the other way round, their reaction would be to go for it and check

Fifa is opening room for another football organization to spring up, that will see world cup as a global game, not EU and SA competition