Nigeria is truly a very Poor Country

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria is truly a very Poor Country

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:UK CES are jokes..shebi worldcu p dey come state side... una go see greens everywhere. God willing
I agree that we are a joke.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Something is really wrong with this Oscar guy because I don’t think rohr made any wrong decision today
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

highbury wrote:The boys played with their heart!!! Unfortunately, God approved our loss. Very Sad!! What baffles me is this: how come the Argentine fans always outnumber us? Don't we have enough people to make a presence in the Stadium? I felt like the SE were playing the Buenos Aires. It had the away feeling. In 2014, we were outnumbered. Same with 2010, 2002. I felt our presence a little bit in 1994. Austin Okon Akpan stated in Channels TV that it felt like half of Lagos was in Saint Petersburg. That was a lie! We need to address that going forward. It is sickening to my stomach. The population of Argentina-48 million; Nigeria-186 million. Nigeria is 4X size of Argentina!
They outnumbered us, but we were there in pockets. I'd reckon at least 8,000 Nigerians and Nigerian fans & a few still managed to get drums and at least 1 trumpet in and we outsang & outcheered them for brief moments of the game. We had a great 'Issa Goal' chant catching momentum around various pockets of fans in the stadium before Ekong passed the ball to an Argentine.

What I think was more worrying was the large number of these so called supporters club members causing an embarrassing scene outside the stadium. They had no tickets, they were fighting to get in, some of them were accusing officials of giving 'their' tickets (which I'm sure they did not pay for) to girlfriends and others. Police had to be called.

Pretty much happens at every World Cup.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

aruako1 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I would not pay to watch this team in Russia. Start playing good football and winning and see if the fans won't turn up and if they don't fans from other countries will show up wearing the GWG. The kind of football they have been playing is not even pleasing to the eyes if we ignore the scores. People talk about Nigeria and say 1994 not the current shapeless defending 90min type of football with no energy or spirit to shout Ole Ole to. The game against Iceland in the 2nd half was more like it but old man Rohr will have none of that entertaining football and reverted back to the dull crap football that results in loses.
Excuses! True fans do not wait until their team is playing like Barcelona before they support. Argentine supporters had good reason not to show up after the Croatia game but they showed up big time.
Football is entertainment. If they are putting you to sleep why would you spend your money to fly to go watch that.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

oscar52 wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I would not pay to watch this team in Russia. Start playing good football and winning and see if the fans won't turn up and if they don't fans from other countries will show up wearing the GWG. The kind of football they have been playing is not even pleasing to the eyes if we ignore the scores. People talk about Nigeria and say 1994 not the current shapeless defending 90min type of football with no energy or spirit to shout Ole Ole to. The game against Iceland in the 2nd half was more like it but old man Rohr will have none of that entertaining football and reverted back to the dull crap football that results in loses.
Excuses! True fans do not wait until their team is playing like Barcelona before they support. Argentine supporters had good reason not to show up after the Croatia game but they showed up big time.
Football is entertainment. If they are putting you to sleep why would you spend your money to fly to go watch that.
so you never get massage before
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
highbury wrote:The boys played with their heart!!! Unfortunately, God approved our loss. Very Sad!! What baffles me is this: how come the Argentine fans always outnumber us? Don't we have enough people to make a presence in the Stadium? I felt like the SE were playing the Buenos Aires. It had the away feeling. In 2014, we were outnumbered. Same with 2010, 2002. I felt our presence a little bit in 1994. Austin Okon Akpan stated in Channels TV that it felt like half of Lagos was in Saint Petersburg. That was a lie! We need to address that going forward. It is sickening to my stomach. The population of Argentina-48 million; Nigeria-186 million. Nigeria is 4X size of Argentina!
First of all, this is absolutely FALSE, and this is the nonsense that those churches in Nigeria have taught you people, as a way to manipulate you!

God did NOT approve of anything! God gave us TWO GOLDEN OPPORTUNITIES AND IGHALO THREW IT AWAY! When are you mind-fuccked Christians going to learn that when you foook up, you cant simply say idioticc comments like "God dey" or "It was God's decision??" NO IT WAS NOT!!! God gave you the chance and YOU BLEW IT!!!!
:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

#SayNoToFairWeatherFans :boo:
YNWA
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Who wants to waste their money to go watch that garbage? Thanks, but no thanks. There are better things to do with my money that to travel to Russia and watch a bunch of overpaid men surrender without a fight.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:Who wants to waste their money to go watch that garbage? Thanks, but no thanks. There are better things to do with my money that to travel to Russia and watch a bunch of overpaid men surrender without a fight.
Person wey no get money for beer na Im dey talk say beer no sweet.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

aruako1 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Who wants to waste their money to go watch that garbage? Thanks, but no thanks. There are better things to do with my money that to travel to Russia and watch a bunch of overpaid men surrender without a fight.
Speak for yourself.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

highbury wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:The 2026 Nigerians will park the stadium. Dallas and Houston.
You can be rest assured that Nigerians in the US will represent. That is a guarantee! But my goodness, all I saw was a sea of Argentine fans. The players in spite of that obstacle put up a valiant effort. The Nigerians in Europe appear to be the broke ones. Or that is the way I see it here.
How did Argentines from Argentina make it to Russia, yet Nigerians in the US couldn’t make it?
Or Brazilians, or any South American country?
Na only US based Nigerians think it’s too expensive and far to travel, so you can only go to worldcup if it’s hosted in America?
I am sure if USA made the worldcup, Americans go fill the place
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Speak for yourself.
Why do you have to say the obvious? Did I use your name to post? I speak for myself when I say that you care more than you let on in your post.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Nigeria is number 1 on the poverty index and we are complaining about filling a stadium. How much will it cost on the average to buy flight tickets, match tickets pay for accommodation and then have free time to attend a football game.
It is expensive and unaffordable for majorityof Nigerians.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Synopsis wrote:Maybe some of our hausa saudi brothas will fill qatar stadiums.
I bet you they will. Nigerians filled the stadium in the UAE when we played in the under 17 world cup in 2013.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

nemi2002 wrote:Nigeria is number 1 on the poverty index and we are complaining about filling a stadium. How much will it cost on the average to buy flight tickets, match tickets pay for accommodation and then have free time to attend a football game.
It is expensive and unaffordable for majorityof Nigerians.
Even for Nigerians living in Europe and America?
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

aruako1 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:UK CES are jokes..shebi worldcu p dey come state side... una go see greens everywhere. God willing
We saw the Brazilian supporters fly all the way from Brazil, We had people fly from Nigeria why cant our American friends that can see Russia from their back yard also fly down
Oya back to the matter
open and close
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Bigger question is, what are we collectively going to do about it, that to me is what we must aim for
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Prince wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
We saw the Brazilian supporters fly all the way from Brazil, We had people fly from Nigeria why cant our American friends that can see Russia from their back yard also fly down
Your whataboutery still doesn't mean that UK supporters were not poor. I saw more people from the US than the UK.
Last edited by aruako1 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

felarey wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:The 2026 Nigerians will park the stadium. Dallas and Houston.
We still need to find out why they don't travel far for the SE. At the U20 in Canada 11 yrs ago, subtract CE members and you'd get perhaps another 200 fans out there. Canadian fans are not better. The
interest has dwindled
, might be because going to the stadiums is not much of a favourite past time anymore in Nigeria and that's carrying on to the diaspora. I dare say, without European football and clubs, we might be facing extinction.
Felarey,

Therein lies a big factor couple plus almost 2 decades plus of producing at best average sides with no big or inspirational personalities, you get this outcome. We will never truly know or appreciate what the Keshi generation did for Nigerian football for a long time to come.

anyway big credit to the guys that still travel and you know what big credit to the FA. They stepped up in terms of prep and support for the team for the first time in a long time.

The last time I got pained to extreme by an Eagles loss was 1994 against Italy. I took to my sick bed. Since then with every loss, I just walk on by. I have learnt to tailor my hope and adjusted my expectations.

There was a time when our football transcended to a slight degree our rot and decline as a nation, now it really exemplifies it.

Way forward ?.... same as in the past, build on the leagues and youth teams to increase a potential pool of elite players. The Eagles are the pyramid of our football, we have to build upwards and not downwards.

One can’t detach ones self from ones nation even with the best will in the world. I will continue to root for the eagles l.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

aruako1 wrote:
Person wey no get money buy beer go say beer dey bitter. :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

aruako1 wrote:
Prince wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Your whataboutery still doesn't mean that UK supporters were not poor. I saw more people from the US than the UK.
There were quite a few people from Nigeria too though. Granted it cost quite a lot and only those with exceptional means could even think about it. Even came across a team of youngsters who had won a competition run by coca cola to go to the world cup. I thought that was absolutely brilliant by Coca Cola.

Nigerian fans are mostly fans by mouth... very few will put them selves in any form of inconvinience to support their team. There really is no excuse for more fans from the UK not to have come to support the Eagles in Russia. Its just not in our nature. The way other fans are so organised in their flags, their songs etc puts us to shame. Even the Supportes club that used to come in huge numbers were scanty this time around. Rohr even mentioned the lack of support was disappointing.
YNWA
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Anyway it was more to do with organisation, most had to organise there trips themselves, SA was different we even had naija waiting for us in SA to make sure we are OK, they sorted everything including accomodation extras we did ourselves.

We need to revamp the supporters clubs and make sure they have membership across the globe, what happened was unacceptable
Oya back to the matter
open and close
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Synopsis wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
If Homeland security will allow.
Usa nigerians are better supporters.
...if your job place will approve extended vacation to go watch soccer aka football, unless you are a self-employed. Good luck to that, I see residents of host cities doing it game by game, yank bosses don't give a damn about the sport.