Grp H (Senegal 0 vs Colombia 1)-(Japan 0 v Poland 1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tunde72
Egg
Egg
Re: Grp H (Senegal 0 vs Colombia 1)-(Japan 0 v Poland 1) 2H

Post by tunde72 »

This just rubbish
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg
Re: Grp H (Senegal 0 vs Colombia 1)-(Japan 0 v Poland 1) FT

Post by Metho scorpion »

...faking dwarf midget thiefCo go and start your celebration...
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

SylverEagles wrote:And just like that, and there were NONE!!
This world cup don kill my entire month :atc: :atc: :atc:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

metalalloy wrote:ooh was that really offside?
Nope it was not offsides.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

This swhyit is hard to beat a south American team at the WC. Skills, dem get. clinical finishing, dem get. Game sense, dem get am boku.

Wha choo looking at?!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Utterly dominant performance by Senegal, yet somehow they transpire to lose.

They need people up front that won't dribble endlessly...

BTW Did you see how Colombia closed out the game?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas is a jinx
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robotnik wrote:It's weird to see Japan celebrating for losing a match lol

So Asia has one team in the R16, Africa 0
mexico did it too :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas is a jinx
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

We have to go back to the 80s the last time Africa had no team in the 2nd round.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

So of 16 teams, Europe has 11, South America has 4 (of the 5 they sent like Africa) and Asia barely get one in Japan. And we wonder why they want to take spots away from us? :???: :???: :boo:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
oloye wrote:In the first half they were playing like they could afford to lose and not get hurt. People were hailing them as being confident, where is that confidence now
Them talk say na African coach better pass. No be so?

All you need is emotional desire abi? mschewwwww
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Africa
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

oloye wrote:Blame Senegal, when you have advantage in this game you take it. The game is like a pendulum, swings to and fro
I agree, Senegal was as good as Columbia but played wrong tactics. They only tried to score in the second half after Columbia scored. They should have come out earlier.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Had always feared this game, but on the strength of how dominant SEN was, thought the worst case scenario was a draw. COL could only score from a setpiece once James went off...

Just sad. Was never convinced about Cisse; what he saw in Niang I could never tell...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Now the world cup really starts to get exciting and stress free, I get to just chilax and enjoy quality teams give it their all , at this stage any game can go either way and at the end of the evening, someone must go...

In that order my support will be France, Japan, Croatia, Switzerland, England, Belgium, Colombia

See, stress free :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

SylverEagles wrote:So of 16 teams, Europe has 11, South America has 4 (of the 5 they sent like Africa) and Asia barely get one in Japan. And we wonder why they want to take spots away from us? :???: :???: :boo:
Relax, no one is taking any one spot away, its still a world cup and Africa representation is intact, I personally think Concacaf deserve more spots in the expanded 48 teams

Africa was poor this world cup but no one is reducing any spot, this thing is political so temper your dissapointment a bit
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Grp H (Senegal 0 vs Colombia 0) - (Japan 0 v Poland 0) 1

Post by Cellular »

Cellular wrote:Hope Senegal doesn't get to regret not scoring in a game they had the upper hand.
Oh, well! :bored: :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

SylverEagles wrote:So of 16 teams, Europe has 11, South America has 4 (of the 5 they sent like Africa) and Asia barely get one in Japan. And we wonder why they want to take spots away from us? :???: :???: :boo:
Mexico is in Europe of South America? :???:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

camex wrote:
oloye wrote:Blame Senegal, when you have advantage in this game you take it. The game is like a pendulum, swings to and fro
I agree, Senegal was as good as Columbia but played wrong tactics. They only tried to score in the second half after Columbia scored. They should have come out earlier.
What is this played wrong tactics I keep hearing...they dominated the first half bit we're dumb in front of goal. That has nothing to do with tactics, all the pundits praised their effort. If you do not take your chances when you are up,don't blame the opposition when they use their ls when they have their moments in the game.

It was not about tactics, it was more of dumb personnel who kept making wrong decisions over and over ably led by their skipper Mane.

No coach can remove dumbness from players... especially national team coaches who have limited time with them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Talking about African football would take many threads and consideration of each nation. But I think there is a principal factor that is a common denominator: socioeconomic development.

Until that is improved, it's difficult to match countries that have the facilities, program management, sports science, leagues and continuity to reach and develop players of the highest caliber. Again, it's tough to generalize. But I will say I saw improved tacts from African teams, but it came down to individual player quality, especially in the attacking 1/3...and, seemingly, defending set pieces.

I watched Senegal today with you. Pretty disciplined. Tall and physical. Fought hard. But honestly, there weren't any magical players. Nobody to create, inspire, or unlock. Colombia still had majority of possession, which to me is telling.

Finally, look at the stands. Lots of South American fans. It helps when your supporters can travel. Again, it's a continuous culture, rooted in socioeconomic development in my opinion.

Even in a small country like Croatia, our kids all get the best if they want to play. Academies. Usual crying about corruption and politics, but nobody starves and actually live dignified. We have a league to hone a national style. And have the luck of being in Europe, exposed to all the leagues.

Africa needs to match this kind of development. Again, it's just my 2 cents.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

oloye wrote:
camex wrote:
What is this played wrong tactics I keep hearing...they dominated the first half bit we're dumb in front of goal. That has nothing to do with tactics, all the pundits praised their effort. If you do not take your chances when you are up,don't blame the opposition when they use their ls when they have their moments in the game.

It was not about tactics, it was more of dumb personnel who kept making wrong decisions over and over ably led by their skipper Mane.

No coach can remove dumbness from players... especially national team coaches who have limited time with them.
I said tactics because they came in the first half to play but in the second half to defend. I am not talking about missed goals. They started playing for a draw too early.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

oloye wrote:
camex wrote:

I can get behind your general criticism. It really does come down to the players in this match. But it's harsh to call them dumb.

Don't get me wrong. I've called Croatian players worse. I'm guilty of it too.

But it comes down to quality. You know best that a good player is a good player. It's not easy producing them in number.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?