FIFA Responds to Minister Dalung's Request to Meet.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FIFA Responds to Minister Dalung's Request to Meet.....

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: FIFA Responds to Minister Dalung's Request to Meet.....

Post by Otitokoro »

Love the response from the Fatma lady (FIFA Sec. Gen.), basically telling the moron Daulong to ‘****-off’.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why would he request for an official visit knowing that Fifa never approved of Giwa’s election and they don’t want government interference ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Why would he request for an official visit knowing that Fifa never approved of Giwa’s election and they don’t want government interference ?
Some history on Giwa and his 'supposed' mandate. Hopefully, this would help clear the air on those who believe Giwa was 'legitimately' elected. Truth is, he never was and has zero business claiming he is the NFF President. FIFA needs to impose a life ban on this thug and criminal.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/spor ... 18328.html
Date: Sept 6, 2014
Before his emergence as the factional president of the Nigeria Football Federation, only few people knew anything about the Plateau State millionaire and his involvement with football. However, he is presently holding Nigerian football by the jugular as he continues to defile FIFA’s directives that he should stop parading himself as president of the Nigeria Football Federation.
How did Giwa come into football and his present struggle? It is said the heavily built Birom man from Plateau State started life in Jos as a small businessman, installing satellite dishes for Jos residents until the then Governor of the state, Chief Joshua Dariye made him one of his numerous aides.
While serving as Dariye’s aide, it is said the government needed someone with Giwa’s characteristics which include bravery and ability to intimidate, to match the highly volatile Mighty Jets fans who were vehemently opposed to the governor.
Giwa was therefore made a member of the management board of Plateau United and was made chairman of the club when Major Satty Gogwim was suspended and eventually removed. That was how he began his football administration.
However, he did not last long as Plateau United chairman because a six-man fact-finding team led by M.T Ahmadu on the club indicted him in a White paper published in October 2004. Giwa and his management team of five persons were directed to refund to the government the sum of N2.5 million being the money the committee said they could not account for. That was contained in the 23-page government white paper.
Even before he was removed as Plateau United chairman, Giwa was suspended for six months and Plateau United banished to Akure. According to the committee that probed him, as Chairman of Plateau United he went into the field of play and threatened the centre referee to change his decision by cancelling the goal already scored by Dolphins against Plateau United or else his security and that of other officials would not be guaranteed.
After his political adventure that saw him contesting for Plateau State gubernatorial election in 2011 and Plateau North Senatorial bye election in 2012, Giwa again turned his attention to football and floated a team, Giwa FC that is now competing in the Nigeria Premier League. His club is one of the two privately owned clubs in the Nigerian league. The other is Nembe City, owned by former NPL chairman, Chief Rumson Baribote.
It is on the platform of Giwa FC that he got into the race for the NFF presidency. His latest ambition is indeed threatening the survival of Nigerian football. Although faced with so many hurdles, Giwa is hell bent on achieving his ambition. So in as much as the hurdles before him appear insurmountable, he is determined to succeed.
Giwa’s problems started with the refusal of his State FA chairman, Sunday Longbap to endorse his form for election. The FA chairman cited the government white paper on the report of the probe committee that investigated Giwa when he served as Plateau as reason for his action. As stated earlier, the committee indicted him of corruption.
Although he faced a lot of obstacles on the way, Giwa was elected NFF president in a controversial election that was said to have held at Chida Hotel on August 26. He hardly had time to celebrate victory before protests hit him beginning from his home.
First to reject his election was a fellow Plateau man, Coach Bitrus Bewarang, president of Nigerian Football Coaches. He stated categorically that there was no election that night and Giwa couldn’t have emerged NFF president.
Before he could absorb the shock, another football group in Plateau State placed advertorials and issued press releases disassociating itself from him. Other football stakeholders took cue from what was coming from Giwa’s home and began to kick against him.
The Guild of sports Editors sat in Lagos and vehemently condemned Giwa’s election. The body went as far as asking President Goodluck Jonathan to help solve the crisis in Nigerian football.
Then the Nigeria Football Referees Association and Club Owners brought the Nigerian Premier League to a sudden halt.
While all this was happening, the minister of sports, Mr. Tammy Danagogo warmly received Giwa’s Executive Committee in his office and charged it to re-unite the football family.
However, few hours later, FIFA dropped the bombshell. The World football governing body ordered Giwa to vacate office latest midnight of September 1 or Nigeria would be suspended.
In spite of the threat and directive from FIFA, Giwa remained unperturbed.
He continued to preside over Nigerian football even as the Maigari faction duly recognised by FIFA went ahead to re-constitute an electoral committee and also set September 4 as new date for fresh election.
And at the expiration of the September 1 dateline for Giwa to vacate office, FIFA on Wednesday, September 3 issued another directive that Giwa should leave before September 8. The latest order was handed down by the Emergency Committee of FIFA and is said to carry a lot of weight.
However, Giwa is still on the throne as he remains adamant that FIFA would not ban Nigeria. He also said there would be no other election. He recently announced the sack of the League Management Committee to prove that he is in control of the situation.
Meanwhile, acting in accordance with the latest directive from FIFA, the Aminu Maigari led NFF Executive committee held its congress in Abuja on Thursday at the Bentley Hotel and resolved to hold an extra-ordinary congress on September 18 and elections into the executive committee will hold before September 25.
So barring unforeseen circumstances, another NFF president will emerge on or before September 25 and if Giwa refuses to quit the stage as directed by FIFA, Nigerian football will once again have two presidents as was the case when Maigari and Umeh addressed sports journalists inside the president’s office in the same capacity.
For now, the life and death of Nigerian football is in the hands of Christopher Giwa, the proprietor of Giwa FC. With the latest development, he is faced with many more battles to fight. And today’s AFCON qualifier between Nigeria and Congo DR will be another battle ground for the gladiators in the ongoing Nigeria football crisis. Nobody can confidently say which NFF will take charge of proceedings in Calabar. It will either be Chris Giwa or Aminu Maigari’s NFF.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Where is Fabio to defend his uncle?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:Love the response from the Fatma lady (FIFA Sec. Gen.), basically telling the moron Daulong to ‘****-off’.
Chai!
They couldn't have spelled it out any louder or clearer in that letter.
We are perilously close to a FIFA ban with all its consequences.
Less than 30 hours now .....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Riche007 wrote:Where is Fabio to defend his uncle?
Listen, keep it up.

You will not like my reply. I have tried to humour with you, as well as ignore you. You are persistence, from humour, to name calling and abuse.

My reply would not be nice.

Since you have involved family "Uncle" in your reply. I will involve your whole family in my reply as well.

A word is enough for the wise.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Someone needs to find that Giwa fellow and beat the idiotic cells out of him for starters, doesn't he get tired of clowning?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Riche007 wrote:Where is Fabio to defend his uncle?
:rotf: :rotf:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I don't even consider Giwa to be a Nigerian.

Frankly, I think this whole nonsense about not stripping people's citizenship if they were not naturalized (under most circumstances) is B/S

It shouldn't be a God given right to be a part of a country. If you cannot uphold the values of a country, I could care less if your family have lived in Nigeria for thousands of years.

The classic argument is about not leaving people stateless, well I do feel that countries can be accommodating towards people that are stateless, so what is the issue?

Chris Giwa should have his citizenship stripped, that is just my opinion.

And possibly Dalung.

I find it personally insulting if someone would think that I come from the same country as morons like Giwa and Dalung, it is an insult. We are not the same.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Fabio's family. A bunch of low level criminals holding Nigerian football hostage.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bret- hart wrote:Fabio's family. A bunch of low level criminals holding Nigerian football hostage.
Common bret-hat, I think this is going too far! Don't drag Fabio's family into this pls.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bret- hart wrote:Fabio's family. A bunch of low level criminals holding Nigerian football hostage.
Another one with Richie007, regarding family.

Please be kindly reminded my response will not be nice....

There is a Yoruba proverb that the pot will not be big enough for the water.

My response will not be nice and will lead a ban.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Na real wa oo! Why attack Fabio? bros, Fabio is simply sharing his opinion. Focus on the issues, please.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Please this is just wrong and against forum rules.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

So we'll be missing out the next Afcon at this rate.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

HYPOCRITE FIFA - THEY HATE GOVT VOICE, BUT...

...they don't mind govt money.
Bell
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Bell wrote:HYPOCRITE FIFA - THEY HATE GOVT VOICE, BUT...

Bell
FIFA has never taken a dime off any govt.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Waffiman wrote:

Bell
No. I presume he meant, the Govt funds NFF.... When the govt asks any question... NFF shouts FIFA!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rules are meant to be followed. Not every one want a lawless society. @Bell.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Where is that thread where I was teaching Jette that Fatma Samoura had what it takes to be Sec Gen of Fifa? He was questioning her presumably b/c she is a woman. But the person not fit for office here is Dalung and he is a man. His letter, grammar errors and all, was downright disgrace from not following procedures to attempting a meaningless foreign trip with a big delegation.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote:Rules are meant to be followed. Not every one want a lawless society. @Bell.

TRUE, RULES ARE MEANT TO BE FOLLOWED, BUT...

...smart people also review their rules from time to time to see if changes are needed. Instead of rigidly bringing out its rule book on every occasion, FIFA needs to study why these conflicts arise so frequently. FIFA finds it easy to bully these little countries after it was steamrolled by the US. Not that I necessarily agree with the govt.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

fabio wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Bell
No. I presume he meant, the Govt funds NFF.... When the govt asks any question... NFF shouts FIFA!
EXACTLY...

...that's what I meant.
Bell