Good Team, Bright Prospects, Poor Coach, Shady Officiating

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Good Team, Bright Prospects, Poor Coach, Shady Officiati

Post by john12 »

When I start cursing goats out now they would call me names. Truetalk, you’re a foolish unappreciative imbecile. I don’t know rohr but based on his Nigeria performance in the last 3 years, he has been GOOD. To call him a poor coach is just absurd and outright ignorant. Oliseh was giving a job and after 5 months, he beef with multiple players. I don’t even have time to explain myself because I have done it numerous times
Last edited by john12 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:When I start cursing goats out now they would call me names. Truetalk, you’re a poor man foolish unappreciative imbecile. I don’t know right previusly but based on his Nigeria performance in the last 3 years, he has been GOOD. To call him a poor coach is just absurd and outright ignorant. Oliseh was giving a job and after 5 months, he beef with multiple players. I don’t even have time to explain myself because I have done it numerous times
You need to keep it civil, abi weytin?
Dem swear for you?
Abi somebody never begin call you 'daddy'? :???:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

In honestly believe that many Nigerians are naturally Arrogant/entitled and have argumentative issues. They do not like when things are organized, steady and smooth but always wants to argue. Anyway, let’s remind imbeciles like the thread opener what rohr inherited. In 2016, rohr was hired to coach Nigeria and inherited a team that failed to qualify for 2 nations cup (back to back) and were drawn in a group of death at WCQ. Infact, many people here resigned to a loss of appearance at Russia 18 but ROHR slowly got our boys playing well and beating African teams playing attractive football and not causing commotion. We qualified for 2018 World Cup and was drawn in the Group of death. Many neutrals predicted Nigeria to end up last position at that WC due to some of our opponents having higher rated players. We played ok at that tournament because the teams we lost to had more QUALITY players and play at better QUALITY teams than most of our BACKWATER league guys so you really can’t blame the coach. After World Cup, this man again smoothly wins 3 games in a row and could had won another if not for dodgy officiating instead of people to just congratulate the team for achieving it aim, you’re busy disparaging our coach. This foolish imbecile has the nerve to suggest we sack a coach that just qualified for ANC and even if he wins ANC, we should sack him. Did I read that right? What’s this imbecile achievements in life that his suggesting we sack a coach for achieving his aim?I hope you don’t get terminated or in lieu of termination at your place of employment after achieving your goal. Anyway, these are some of the invaluable things rohr has brought to SE.
1) Merit: Almost all players called up are invited based on Merit and there isn’t any SUSPICIOUS call up to the team like the previous 3 coaches. The man has brought INTEGRITY, Honesty back to SE. Oliseh benched Mikel for Sylvester igboun (lmao)
2) Organization- the man has organized our team properly
3) tactics - he always uses the right tactics almost all the time and he dosen’t stay stagnant. We play defensive football and attacking football depending on our opponents
4) Beefs - the man has done a proper job in this regard
5) younstars/talents- the man do not waste time scouting talented youngsters or giving them a chance. So many youngsters has gotten their breakthrough under him
His only grouse to you guys are
Substitution- you guys claim he dosent substitute players on time and although I’m undecided regarding this issues bectyiu do not substitute any player when everyone is playing well so I can understand your grouse but delayed SUBSTITUTION isn’t enough reason to terminate a coach. Anyway, NIGERIA is just an average football team. We have always been average in the past and present and it will take Time, consistency, organization, talent, Hardwork for us to break that cycle of average and become WORLD CLASS so anything contrary to Average, humble your forking self.
Last edited by john12 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:The same SSS that used Aminu Umar ahead of Iwobi and Iheanacho. The one that doesn't believe in defence. Sorry but in case you forgot the last 3 local coaches were filled with corruption and bungled up our ANC hopes. With them we have missed 3 of the last 4 nations cups. That is woeful no matter how you try and spin it. PISS POOR.

And please don't use the excuse of "circumstances they were under"

Cameroon was infighting with their confederation when they won the past ANC.

If all Rohr does is pick close to our best squad every time, I will gladly take that over these corrupt rubbish coaches.

Whether Keshi who took junk like Uchebo, Ejike, Rueben, Gambo, Babatunde to serious tournaments.

Whether Oliseh who thought he could replace Mikel with Onobi who is now in Finland.

Sorry I don't not trust these corrupt coaches one bit.

I will take a non substitution making Rohr any day of the week.
And yet Keshi did BETTER at the WC than Rohr did with his "superstars"... :roll:
Meanwhile, let's wait until Rohr wins next year's ANC before we revisit your comparison. SMH
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ROhR dosent have to Win ANC next year to judge him. Our goal next year is to perform Respectable, competent and put in a good Fight. This team is in progress and there is a 5 year plan for the team. Also, RIP to the late Keshi but you can’t keep comparing 2014 results vs 2018 results without comparing the opponents or our actual team performance. Our 2018 team was much better than our 2014 team despite not qualifying for R16 and our 2018 team was tougher than 2014 team
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr is a decent coach, he has brought structure, discipline, and organization (in the defensive aspect) of the SE football. His conservative and painstakingly slow approach to much needed game changing decisions aside, I think we should keep him to continue drilling the team into a more solid unit... at least until the next world cup for long term purposes. If we can hire a more attacking minded coach (preferably a local coach) to help Rohr in game management situations, we should he fine.
We have shipped 5 goals in our 5 ANCQs thus far....
Following the WC where we conceded 4 goals in 3 games.

And yet folks were calling for Amodu's (RIP) head when the SE conceded ONE solitary own-goal (no thanks to Yobo) over 6 ANCQs games while going unbeaten and untied. It's always interesting how folks suddenly somehow see tactical "organization and structure" whenever an Oyinbo coach shows up (even Lazy Betty and the clueless Loser Lagerback were praised for supposedly instilling defensive structure and organization on these pages). I personally have NOTHING against Rohr (and not co-signing to his firing ATM), but abegi let's call a spade a spade - or more precisely, an Oyinbo na Oyinbo!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:ROhR dosent have to Win ANC next year to judge him. Our goal next year is to perform Respectable, competent and put in a good Fight. This team is in progress and there is a 5 year plan for the team. Also, RIP to the late Keshi but you can’t keep comparing 2014 results vs 2018 results without comparing the opponents or our actual team performance. Our 2018 team was much better than our 2014 team despite not qualifying for R16 and our 2018 team was tougher than 2014 team
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dude, we are in the RESULTS business...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:ROhR dosent have to Win ANC next year to judge him. Our goal next year is to perform Respectable, competent and put in a good Fight. This team is in progress and there is a 5 year plan for the team. Also, RIP to the late Keshi but you can’t keep comparing 2014 results vs 2018 results without comparing the opponents or our actual team performance. Our 2018 team was much better than our 2014 team despite not qualifying for R16 and our 2018 team was tougher than 2014 team
BTW, Keshi qualified Togo for the WC...
How did Rohr do with Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso?!

Again, personally have NOTHING against Herr Rohr...
But refuse to stand idly aside while deluded folks insult one of Nigeria's greatest! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Gotti in all Rohr isn't doing too badly, I'm not his biggest fan here but for the very first time I see a Eagles team that seems to have some drama free stability. He has introduced lots of very young and promising players, the team chemistry seems to be very much genuine this time and the "big man" syndrome that has plagued the Eagles for long now seems to have gone... in the end Rohr isn't particularly my ideal choice for the Eagles, but hey you can't argue against him qualifying us to the AFCON after missing out twice. And it will certainly be a bonus if he ends up winning the AFCON, truth is we have him now as our coach so we might as well support him and the team. Instead of basking on toxic back and forths about this local coach or that, Keshi and Amodu(RIP), were both legends whose legacies would never be forgotten... but we've got to move on now, we still have the future to look forward to.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You've started again, :mad: :mad: :mad: Disrespect Keshi's achievements then lower the bar for Rohr. Round of 16 was Rohr's goal BEFORE the tournament so based on his own goal he clearly failed. He knew the teams in the group before setting that goal. He knew Argentina's team before saying he will beat them at the press conference (when all we needed was a draw) then ended up losing. Remember before Croatia match he set a goal to draw the game and lost... Keshi had the same goal and achieved it, Keshi has the same ANC and won it. Let us know when Rohr gets close to this.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote:Gotti in all Rohr isn't doing too badly, I'm not his biggest fan here but for the very first time I see a Eagles team that seems to have some drama free stability. He has introduced lots of very young and promising players, the team chemistry seems to be very much genuine this time and the "big man" syndrome that has plagued the Eagles for long now seems to have gone... in the end Rohr isn't particularly my ideal choice for the Eagles, but hey you can't argue against qualification to the AFCON after missing out twice. And it will certainly be a bonus if he ends up winning the AFCON, we have him now as our coach so we might as well support him and the team, instead of basking on toxic back and forth about this local coach or that, Keshi and Amodu(RIP), were both legends whose legacies would never be forgotten... but we've got to move on now, we still have the future to look forward to.
Totally AGREE with the highlighted...
But also let's acknowledge that team performance has hardly improved.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:When I start cursing goats out now they would call me names. Truetalk, you’re a foolish unappreciative imbecile. I don’t know rohr but based on his Nigeria performance in the last 3 years, he has been GOOD. To call him a poor coach is just absurd and outright ignorant. Oliseh was giving a job and after 5 months, he beef with multiple players. I don’t even have time to explain myself because I have done it numerous times

he has is faults but these insults towards him are completely unwarranted.

Imagine people calling for the sack of a man who qualifies for WC and ANC with ease, when it has always been a struggle with any other coach.

The man qualified from the toughest African group in history with a game to spare. Our qualification was so complete that we even lost the point we gained against Algeria and gifted them 3 points because of an ineligable player, and we still qualified no problem.

Then we were 5 minutes away from qualifying from 2018's toughest group.

We have now qualified for the ANC (which we have missed the past 2 editions) with one game to spare, even inspite of the 2-0 abberation loss to SA.

The man has earned the right to be where he is, and he is by far the best coach we have had in recent history. The level of stability and effeciency we have achieved under Rohr is unmatched. We no longer have to worry about random junks and "hey yous" infecting our squad. We no longer have to worry about "bigman" Nigerians "beefing with our best players" thank God for Rohr.

But please somebody tell the man what a fricking substitution is used for.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

The more important question for me is, are we going to Cameroon to “learn”?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I didn’t disrespect Keshi achievements and actually I am a Keshi fan. I have so much respect for Keshi for his achievements with Togo and Nigeria and I am just stating facts. Also, I even wanted Keshi to continue after 2014 World Cup but unfortunately he failed to qualify us for the next nations cup. Rip to the great KESHI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:In honestly believe that many Nigerians are naturally Arrogant/entitled and have argumentative issues. They do not like when things are organized, steady and smooth but always wants to argue. Anyway, let’s remind imbeciles like the thread opener what rohr inherited. In 2016, rohr was hired to coach Nigeria and inherited a team that failed to qualify for 2 nations cup (back to back) and were drawn in a group of death at WCQ. Infact, many people here resigned to a loss of appearance at Russia 18 but ROHR slowly got our boys playing well and beating African teams playing attractive football and not causing commotion. We qualified for 2018 World Cup and was drawn in the Group of death. Many neutrals predicted Nigeria to end up last position at that WC due to some of our opponents having higher rated players. We played ok at that tournament because the teams we lost to had more QUALITY players and play at better QUALITY teams than most of our BACKWATER league guys so you really can’t blame the coach. After World Cup, this man again smoothly wins 3 games in a row and could had won another if not for dodgy officiating instead of people to just congratulate the team for achieving it aim, you’re busy disparaging our coach. This foolish imbecile has the nerve to suggest we sack a coach that just qualified for ANC and even if he wins ANC, we should sack him. Did I read that right? What’s this imbecile achievements in life that his suggesting we sack a coach for achieving his aim?I hope you don’t get terminated or in lieu of termination at your place of employment after achieving your goal. Anyway, these are some of the invaluable things rohr has brought to SE.
1) Merit: Almost all players called up are invited based on Merit and there isn’t any SUSPICIOUS call up to the team like the previous 3 coaches. The man has brought INTEGRITY, Honesty back to SE. Oliseh benched Mikel for Sylvester igboun (lmao)
2) Organization- the man has organized our team properly
3) tactics - he always uses the right tactics almost all the time and he dosen’t stay stagnant. We play defensive football and attacking football depending on our opponents
4) Beefs - the man has done a proper job in this regard
5) younstars/talents- the man do not waste time scouting talented youngsters or giving them a chance. So many youngsters has gotten their breakthrough under him
His only grouse to you guys are
Substitution- you guys claim he dosent substitute players on time and although I’m undecided regarding this issues bectyiu do not substitute any player when everyone is playing well so I can understand your grouse but delayed SUBSTITUTION isn’t enough reason to terminate a coach. Anyway, NIGERIA is just an average football team. We have always been average in the past and present and it will take Time, consistency, organization, talent, Hardwork for us to break that cycle of average and become WORLD CLASS so anything contrary to Average, humble your forking self.

the world must have ended because I am actually agreeing with pretty much everything John12 is saying.

What has happened ?

Well you were right about Musa, because the guy is a major player for us. I disagree on him being the best striker of this generation though, but he is a very good player.

Also I disagree that our players are in "backwater leagues" and that Nigeria is an average team.

We have the ingredients currently TO WIN THE 2022 WC. Yes I said that correctly this current team in 4 years can definately challenge to win the WC. The best thing we can do to try and reach this is to keep Rohr but help him improve in areas he needs to improve. We need long term consistency and for better or for worse, we would be best advised to stay with Rohr until 2022.

We did have the potential as well to qualify from that group of death in 2018, but any honest evaluation of that group had us as the #3 team.

Rohr could have done better, but he could also have done worse and we could have lost to Iceland who were a decent team.

I will say our WC was an average one, but honestly I did expect a little more offensively.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:The same SSS that used Aminu Umar ahead of Iwobi and Iheanacho. The one that doesn't believe in defence. Sorry but in case you forgot the last 3 local coaches were filled with corruption and bungled up our ANC hopes. With them we have missed 3 of the last 4 nations cups. That is woeful no matter how you try and spin it. PISS POOR.

And please don't use the excuse of "circumstances they were under"

Cameroon was infighting with their confederation when they won the past ANC.

If all Rohr does is pick close to our best squad every time, I will gladly take that over these corrupt rubbish coaches.

Whether Keshi who took junk like Uchebo, Ejike, Rueben, Gambo, Babatunde to serious tournaments.

Whether Oliseh who thought he could replace Mikel with Onobi who is now in Finland.

Sorry I don't not trust these corrupt coaches one bit.

I will take a non substitution making Rohr any day of the week.
And yet Keshi did BETTER at the WC than Rohr did with his "superstars"... :roll:
Meanwhile, let's wait until Rohr wins next year's ANC before we revisit your comparison. SMH

and you are comparing apples to oranges.

Keshi qualified from one of the easiest WC groups, and yet made a meal of it tying against Iran and needing the ref to save us against an average Bosnia side.

Rohr was in the toughest group and was 5 minutes from qualification. If you think Keshi parading Babatunde would have qualified from this group you are living in lala land.

You cannot seriously objectively compare being in one of the easiest WC groups to being in the hardest one.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote: he has is faults but these insults towards him are completely unwarranted.

Imagine people calling for the sack of a man who qualifies for WC and ANC with ease, when it has always been a struggle with any other coach.

The man qualified from the toughest African group in history with a game to spare. Our qualification was so complete that we even lost the point we gained against Algeria and gifted them 3 points because of an ineligable player, and we still qualified no problem.

Then we were 5 minutes away from qualifying from 2018's toughest group.

We have now qualified for the ANC (which we have missed the past 2 editions) with one game to spare, even inspite of the 2-0 abberation loss to SA.

The man has earned the right to be where he is, and he is by far the best coach we have had in recent history. The level of stability and effeciency we have achieved under Rohr is unmatched. We no longer have to worry about random junks and "hey yous" infecting our squad. We no longer have to worry about "bigman" Nigerians "beefing with our best players" thank God for Rohr.

But please somebody tell the man what a fricking substitution is used for.
Amodu (RIP) secured ANC qualification with 2 games to spare (with South Africa, the second-placed team in our qualification group, finishing ELEVEN points behind!), after having led us to a virtually MIRACULOUS WC qualification, after Bonfrere effed up, from third-place with a few games to spare to the top of the group - and yet YOU continuously and loquaciously kept campaigning for his dismissal. Irritating when folks seek to disguise crass partisan polemics as principle. SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Rohr is a decent coach, he has brought structure, discipline, and organization (in the defensive aspect) of the SE football. His conservative and painstakingly slow approach to much needed game changing decisions aside, I think we should keep him to continue drilling the team into a more solid unit... at least until the next world cup for long term purposes. If we can hire a more attacking minded coach (preferably a local coach) to help Rohr in game management situations, we should he fine.
We have shipped 5 goals in our 5 ANCQs thus far....
Following the WC where we conceded 4 goals in 3 games.

And yet folks were calling for Amodu's (RIP) head when the SE conceded ONE solitary own-goal (no thanks to Yobo) over 6 ANCQs games while going unbeaten and untied. It's always interesting how folks suddenly somehow see tactical "organization and structure" whenever an Oyinbo coach shows up (even Lazy Betty and the clueless Loser Lagerback were praised for supposedly instilling defensive structure and organization on these pages). I personally have NOTHING against Rohr (and not co-signing to his firing ATM), but abegi let's call a spade a spade - or more precisely, an Oyinbo na Oyinbo!
Let us not forget that Rohr had done all of this inspite of having a much poorer goalkeeper.

Keshi had the luxuory of having one of the best African goalkeepers in history Enyeama, while under Rohr we have had one basket case after another.

Had Keshi had the likes of Uzoho and Ezenwa in goal instead of Enyeama, I doubt we would have made it out of the first round at the WC.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:and you are comparing apples to oranges.

Keshi qualified from one of the easiest WC groups, and yet made a meal of it tying against Iran and needing the ref to save us against an average Bosnia side.

Rohr was in the toughest group and was 5 minutes from qualification. If you think Keshi parading Babatunde would have qualified from this group you are living in lala land.

You cannot seriously objectively compare being in one of the easiest WC groups to being in the hardest one.
Nope! I keep comparing RESULTS with RESULTS!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote:
BTW, Keshi qualified Togo for the WC...
How did Rohr do with Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso?!

Again, personally have NOTHING against Herr Rohr...
But refuse to stand idly aside while deluded folks insult one of Nigeria's greatest! SMDH
How did Togo do at the ANC that year ? I remember them finishing last leading to Keshi's firing. Also did Keshi not "beef" with Adebayor with Adebayor claiming that Keshi was trying to force him to sign a contract with his agent. Keshi was one corrupt coach. This man went to the Confederations Cup, not to compete but to sell junk homebased players. Imagine that.

Remember how Keshi also completely wasted Mali's golden generation with pretty much their worst ANC outing in decades. That team was chalk full of talent, and he wasted it.

Keshi has had some success' but also some abject failures. A mixed bag for sure.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:and you are comparing apples to oranges.

Nope! I keep comparing RESULTS with RESULTS!

no you are not because the 2 situations are completely different.

If one person beats San Marino and another loses to Argentina, you dont claim the one that beat San Marino is better simply because of RESULTS.

Be objective for once. Keshi's group was a joke while Rohr's was the toughest. The groups were not even close in terms of difficulty.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

vancity eagle wrote:Let us not forget that Rohr had done all of this inspite of having a much poorer goalkeeper.

Keshi had the luxuory of having one of the best African goalkeepers in history Enyeama, while under Rohr we have had one basket case after another.

Had Keshi had the likes of Uzoho and Ezenwa in goal instead of Enyeama, I doubt we would have made it out of the first round at the WC.
And if Queen Elizabeth had a Blokus, she would be a dude...
But meanwhile we are stuck in the realm of FACTUAL REALITY!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
But also let's acknowledge that team performance has hardly improved.

hardly improved from what ?