The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ul-merson/

Looks like Merson is back on the sauce . Says LT is overrated :rotf: same goat that said Arsenal would be smashed by Toto :rotf:

I mean does this ode still think Wenger is in charge ? Dude needs to let the hatred go nah :mrgreen:
If he talks about Ozil now you won't call him ode.

When I start with you now you go begin cry ..,: ol boy take style go hide under bed for ya own good :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/173 ... he-valley/

Unai it’s time to bring my Polish son back to the Emirates :curse: :curse:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... unai-emery

At this rate the BFG will need to suit up soon
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Europa- Bate Borisov vs Arsenal
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Said all season as currently constituted this not a top 4 team.

Arsenal down to bear bones defensively, lack of quality width and lack one more legit CM taking a toll on this squad.

Arsenal not cashing in on Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil and Sanchez has proven costly.

Felt bad for kos, tossed right into the lion's den today, That's a result where Emery looks at Sven and Raul and says "lads I've done about all I can with squad as currently constituted". This where Sven and Raul goto mr self sufficient model aka Stan Kroenke and tell him "if you truly want CL footy next season you need to invest in Jan window".

Games coming thick and fast, now bellerin injured....Jan window a must invest or kiss top 4 goodbye for third season on the trot.
This result is on Emery,if he think he will get easy pass like Wenger let him go two season without Cl football and see if he is not push out.
The team is good enough to beat Soton but he mess up thinking he could just show up with 11 players no information and he will win.
This team with no addition is good enough to compete for the title and top 4.Liverpool will drop points,so will City,Spurs,Chelsea, so Emery need to used his players wise demand more from them like Pep is doing.
Victor Moses want to stay in London and Chelsea asking 12 million,i mean we should be signing some one like him first of January first thing before we even say happy new year...
Also I expect emery to fight and win Europa if top 4 is above us,Europa will be a must win
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Arsenal's next 6 fixtures:

Tottenham H
Burnley H
Brighton A
Liverpool A
Fulham H
Solihull Moors/Blackpool A

Spurs & Liverpool are standouts but there aren't any easy fixture on this list - everyone is fighting for something, Jenkinson
& AMN will have to share duties @RB/WB. Monreal & Kos(especially) must not be overloaded with too matches in a short space of
time - let them build their match fitness up.
Our GK needs to do drills on aerial crosses - looks unstable with those.Do we have any MF shielders besides LT & GX - if we
don't, we gotta make others play that role for at least one match.
Speaking about that - Unai needs to discourage the spirit of forward adventure that's taking over that MF - yes LT has scored
a couple but AW's foot-dragging about instilling discipline there was his downfall - we must stay tight defend as 1st & 2nd options else we'll be run over like seasons-past.
With AMN being an alternate FB/WB - isn't there someone who can play the Iwobi role for even the late Ray Charles can see the kid's fatigued(putting it nicely) - he's trying to be JJ but out wide we need a Rob Pires - he keeps coming back asking for ball to feet wanting to dribble past an entire village - some footie IQ my G - give him Pires's clips - movement off the ball(important) - one touch pass(his strength when he 1st came into the team)
I see practice clips of the team taking shots @goal from distance but they struggle in real matches.

We gotta be aggressive early in Jan - tough league league(this EPL) - get busy.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Jenkinson, Wenger’s last great p*ss take, still earning a healthy living at Ashburton. Wonderful. Top, top quality. Had mistakenly thought West Ham had made the loan deal permanent. Appears ancient Zabaleta was considered the better prospect.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Coach wrote:Jenkinson, Wenger’s last great p*ss take, still earning a healthy living at Ashburton. Wonderful. Top, top quality. Had mistakenly thought West Ham had made the loan deal permanent. Appears ancient Zabaleta was considered the better prospect.
He's on Arsenal wages for a start. Spent last season along with Cohen Bramall(speedy LB) at Villa under Harry Rednapp(who got sacked very soon after) - fighting off relegation - the new gaffer ignored them - typical of Arsenal not to find them other clubs where they could get mins, experience etc - now Cohen Bramall is 22ish & not good enough for the 1st team while Jenkinson is seeing his contract out.
Palace wanted him b4 the start of the season - injuries showed up tho!!! - (leave it at that).

Hopefully this new crew would appreciate paying off unproductive players to make space for new ones - we'd people see out contracts in the past cos no clubs comes close to matching their wages @Arsenal.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hindsight is twenty twenty...

Monreal should have been part of the back 3 and AMN started as the wingback..

Xhaka should have been in the midfield alongside LT , Gundo should have started on the bench to come on for a tired Iwobi ...

I know say una no like Jenjinson but I would start him ahead of Pa Lichstener ..

But hey hindsight na 20/20
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Said all season as currently constituted this not a top 4 team.

Arsenal down to bear bones defensively, lack of quality width and lack one more legit CM taking a toll on this squad.

Arsenal not cashing in on Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil and Sanchez has proven costly.

Felt bad for kos, tossed right into the lion's den today, That's a result where Emery looks at Sven and Raul and says "lads I've done about all I can with squad as currently constituted". This where Sven and Raul goto mr self sufficient model aka Stan Kroenke and tell him "if you truly want CL footy next season you need to invest in Jan window".

Games coming thick and fast, now bellerin injured....Jan window a must invest or kiss top 4 goodbye for third season on the trot.
This result is on Emery,if he think he will get easy pass like Wenger let him go two season without Cl football and see if he is not push out.
The team is good enough to beat Soton but he mess up thinking he could just show up with 11 players no information and he will win.
This team with no addition is good enough to compete for the title and top 4.Liverpool will drop points,so will City,Spurs,Chelsea, so Emery need to used his players wise demand more from them like Pep is doing.
Victor Moses want to stay in London and Chelsea asking 12 million,i mean we should be signing some one like him first of January first thing before we even say happy new year...
Also I expect emery to fight and win Europa if top 4 is above us,Europa will be a must win
I hardly have energy to debate the level of wrongness in that post.

Go look at Klopp and Pep 1st season at Liverpool and Man City and get back to me.

Compete for PL title with this squad...put down your FIFA 19 PS4 game console..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Told you all season as currently constituted this squad not a top 4 PL side. Too many players who are not consistent i.e Iwobi, Kolasinac, too many on last legs i.e Monreal, Kos, Lichinstener, too many overrated i.e Ramsey, Mustafi, Xhaka and too many mercurial types i.e Ozil and Mkhitaryan.

As for victor moses....WASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@TG ,what if the team finish top 4?you sound like someone who want to say i told you so.I hope Emery dont see it that way.I see you decide to choose pep and Klopp first season but ignore Conte first season.
Klopp came in October not june,no preseason.
Pep first season he thought he was still in Germany,you can see what he was trying to do.Ge correct it the next season.
Back to Arsenal,we are good to make top 4 and also can fight gor the title, we drop points where we should not have,yesterday,Crystal palace away,manu away and even the chelsea game those are few places we ahpuld have pick poi ts and the entire story will be different.
What is your take on our Europa Champaign?,
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

:agree:
kajifu wrote:@TG ,what if the team finish top 4?you sound like someone who want to say i told you so.I hope Emery dont see it that way.I see you decide to choose pep and Klopp first season but ignore Conte first season.
Pep first season he thought he was still in Germany,you can see what he was trying to do.Ge correct it the next season.
Back to Arsenal,we are good to make top 4 and also can fight gor the title, we drop points where we should not have,yesterday,Crystal palace away,manu away and even the chelsea game those are few places we ahpuld have pick poi ts and the entire story will be different.
You cannot discount the effects of injury and that not all of the squad are on the level.

I suspect we will start to see a proper Emery team from next season and rightly so.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Hindsight is twenty twenty...

Xhaka should have been in the midfield alongside LT , Gundo should have started on the bench to come on for a tired Iwobi ...

I know say una no like Jenjinson but I would start him ahead of Pa Lichstener ..

Guendo who was the best Arsenal player on the field na em be the one you talk say suppose start for bench ???

Which kin Kai Kai Una dey shack for this forum biko :mrgreen:

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

anikulapo wrote:

Guendo who was the best Arsenal player on the field na em be the one you talk say suppose start for bench ???

Note that I put a disclaimer that hindsight is 20/20 ...he was one of the best because he started ..if he did not start you would not have been able to say he was one of the best abi ?

You do get eyes into the future make you share o make i take buy lottery ticket..

No one saw Bellerin's injury ..however some dude and I were talking last week and I said he need to rest bellerin and start Pa Lich in some games that it would be a matter of time for him to break and gbam it happens.. But I dont rate Pa , it just that it will give Bells rest. same with Jenko and same with Gundo ..

I still dont understand starting Xhaka in a back three- maybe natural left footer ....i dont get it

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:

Actually, I didnt think he was as good as his usual self in this game.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

You always hated Welbeck as well .... So ya judgement is suspect ... plus ya love for a faded washed up bench warmer at Stutter Bridge

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Gundozi plays his role very well. He takes the ball from the back and moves it to midfield. He helps the defenders and fill in for wing backs, when they move forward.
He doesn't lose the ball often. Usually makes great decisions with or without the ball.
I agree that he was one of our better players. He made the pass to Aubameyang 5 minutes into the game, where he MUST have scored.
He also made the pass to Aubameyang, which should led to Toreira goal last week.
In Unai system, most of the danger should come from the Arsenal Wing Backs.
Our wing back play yesterday was very poor. Monreal doesn't yet have the fitness to play like Kola for 90 minutes. He tired in the second half.
If Monreal was started on the Left in the back 3 (in place of Xhaka), the wingback position would have been very poor. Monreal set up the first goal.
And when we created chances, Aubameyang missed them.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:@TG ,what if the team finish top 4?you sound like someone who want to say i told you so.I hope Emery dont see it that way.I see you decide to choose pep and Klopp first season but ignore Conte first season.
Stan Kroenke either hands Sven and Raul funds to buy a legit CB and a legit winger in Jan window or Arsenal do not finish in top 4.

Emery has done amazing job with what is frankly a poorly balanced, poorly constructed squad, that lacks quality and depth.

Emery and his staff are like a army medic in a war zone just trying to keep unit alive, tons of square pegs in round holes. Every single game for Arsenal in the PL the balance between 3 points and dropped points is razor thin. Fair play to Emery unlike the past it one up in the red half of Manchester, he does not indulge in self pity or pass the buck. Emery doesn't toss players under the bus, he simply accepts squad flaws and formulates plan to win one match at a time.

As for Klopp, I'm big admirer of his work but to be fair Klopp has been at Liverpool for nearly 4 seasons and this is the first time Liverpool are legit threat to win PL title.

If Gooners want someone to blame take it up with triumvirate of Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger, that trio set Arsenal back for untold years. Self interests being dominant factor for powers that be has consequences.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

You always hated Welbeck as well .... So ya judgement is suspect ... plus ya love for a faded washed up bench warmer at Stutter Bridge
Go and siddon...I no be hater like you.

I dsliked/dislike TWO players:
1. Almumunia
2. Ramsey

I am NOT a fan of the following
1. Ozil (I feel he doesn't try)
2. Giroud
3. Welbeck (tries, but has limitations)
4. Xhaka (I confess, I just don't like anything about his game).

Special case:
1. Iwobi. I find him frustrating. I think he is holding back, and is capable of MUCH MORE. I hope it isn't Ozil that's mentoring him :???:

I am a HUGE FAN of the following (mainly a combo of my subjective opinion and their contributions). This list excludes the legends from the glory days like Henry, DB10 (my joint favorite all time, with the King), Kanu, Viera, Lauren, etc.
1. Original My Son Francesc Fabulous Fabregas
2. Santi
3. Alexis Sanchez
4. LT
5. Poldi
6. Nacho
7. Guendozi.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

You always hated Welbeck as well .... So ya judgement is suspect ... plus ya love for a faded washed up bench warmer at Stutter Bridge[/quote]

Go and siddon...I no be hater like you.

I dsliked/dislike TWO players:
1. Almumunia
2. Ramsey

I am NOT a fan of the following
1. Ozil (I feel he doesn't try)
2. Giroud
3. Welbeck (tries, but has limitations)
4. Xhaka (I confess, I just don't like anything about his game).

Special case:
1. Iwobi. I find him frustrating. I think he is holding back, and is capable of MUCH MORE. I hope it isn't Ozil that's mentoring him :???:

I am a HUGE FAN of the following (mainly a combo of my subjective opinion and their contributions). This list excludes the legends from the glory days like Henry, DB10 (my joint favorite all time, with the King), Kanu, Viera, Lauren, etc.
1. Original My Son Francesc Fabulous Fabregas
2. Santi
3. Alexis Sanchez
4. LT
5. Poldi
6. Nacho
7. Guendozi.[/quote]

My egbon Hmm make I suggest to redo your list and now just include only the ones we have on our books..I wan see see if you be Jenko yabber too :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Siddonlook11 wrote:

My egbon Hmm make I suggest to redo your list and now just include only the ones we have on our books..I wan see see if you be Jenko yabber too :rotf: :rotf:
Jus cross out the ones wey don go. :woot: :woot: :woot:

na only Ramsey I really dislike.
Not a fan of Ozil, Welbeck nor Xhaka.

Iwobi dey too vex me, but we no get mouth talk because na awa pikin. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: Ditto Mkhi

LT, Guendo, Obama-Young, Laca, Holding are fantastic
Sokratis, Kola, Bellerin, Monreal dey try well well. Bellerin dropped from being fantastic earlier.

El Neny dey try whenever he plays.

Mustafi and keeper dey try small, but dem get brain wahala (loose screws)

Stephan dey try sha, but him don take style old.

Never liked Jenko, (the occasional bone-headed moves) but he is an enigma, and can put in decent shifts.

Coach dey try well well, and as a team they have exceeded expectations :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

anikulapo wrote:
ojafranpa wrote:
anikulapo wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ul-merson/

Looks like Merson is back on the sauce . Says LT is overrated :rotf: same goat that said Arsenal would be smashed by Toto :rotf:

I mean does this ode still think Wenger is in charge ? Dude needs to let the hatred go nah :mrgreen:
If he talks about Ozil now you won't call him ode.

When I start with you now you go begin cry ..,: ol boy take style go hide under bed for ya own good :woot:
The only thing i know is make una bring plenty Suya come that will sustain me till February.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

I do agree with you but only Junkinson. Unai still do not know all the players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm :curse: :curse: :curse:

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/bB0WJcwr/#lineups;1

U23 guys lose 0-4 at home to blackburn..

Chai !!

...Socrates