The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

tolahs wrote:Is Emery & Raul really pushing for Denis Suarez & James Rodriguez - can't see why we need those guys now - we need pace, power, ball winning ability, defensive solidity etc - hope Agents aren't paying peoples' relatives off('xcuse me) - can't help the thought.
Jorge Mendes is his Agent. He is very good at planting stories about his clients using Arsenal. Ignore any rubbish about James Rodriquez. I just cannot see us finding the money for that sort of deal. Besides, he is not what we need.

I agree on pace, power and better defensive players but the stats show we are in the top 6 when it comes to interception and successful tackles.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:From the Oracle himself....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46886457

There is more to this than meets the eye.

The fact that he is reporting about this merely confirms rumours that have been doing the rounds for about a week now.

But Orstein should stick to making transfer announcements for the club, it is his ownership and I love it. His attempts to do the PR job for the club have been embarrassing. Just read this crap:

Although there has not been a major breakdown in relations with Mislintat, Arsenal's lack of money to spend in the January transfer window has also caused issues.
How can he claim there has not been a major breakdown, when it is clear Sven is being pushed out.
They are only able to bring in players on loan and those primarily responsible - Sanllehi, Mislintat and Emery - have not been collaborating as effectively as they did previously.
Even more BS from Ornstein. Sanllehi, Sven Mislintat and Emery have not collaborated on any transfers. All the players were secured before Emery was placed in post. The piece is full of too many holes, it is embarrassing.

I have talked about a figurehead, a leader, someone to bring all together pulling in the same direction for the sake of the club. Arev there are gaps created from recent recruitment and changes which has led to power grabs in a rush to fill the vacuum created by the departures of Wenger and Gazidis? Maybe, but I believe something has prompted a shift from the structure that was put in place by the old regime.

What's wrong at Arsenal? Look at PR as one example. Recent examples are worrying, the PR on how the Ramsey contract was managed, this PR disaster was made manifest when Ornstein reported last week that Arsenal did not offer a contract to Ramsey, instead there was an agreement. This, months after Ramsey's side made it clear the club withdrew a contract offer. Also, the way the club handled the departure of Gazidis and the restructuring that followed with a letter signed by Josh Kroenke who no one knows till tomorrow what his role Oscar Arsenal. I can go on and on.

But now we have this Sven story, which it must be pointed out was leaked in a clandestine manner by the club. Don't you just love how they have waited till midway into the January transfer window to release these internal problems in such an an insidious way that prompts debate about the selling of the chief scout. I mean, why even put selling him to Bayern Munich? I tell you why. They are trying to make out that they are busy dealing with this issue. So, getting some money for a chief scout is like we are doing some transfer business? :oops: :oops:

When things get to this stage in football, it can only mean one thing. We can conclude Sven is gone. It is rare in football that things like this do not mean the departure of at least one protagonist.

Now let's not be cynical and try to look more into the issue in a fair, cold, dispassionate manner. This system worked effectively as the system created to benefit the club as the way forward from Wenger. At least it did till Gazidis left. But it is looks like things have changed and the new system is being re-calibrated to suit a new directive. I will explain on the basis of my knowledge on analytics, scouting, internal workings of football clubs etc etc, plus rumours and facts.

We are told that, "Sanllehi's approach towards recruitment centres on his vast network of contacts, whereas Mislintat tends to favour a more analytics-based approach". This seems to be at the heart of the issues surrounding Sven and Raul. I say this is ridiculous, mendacious and BS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sorry, but only an ignorant person will take this BS. Indeed it is criminal spin. Having a network of contacts and a more analytics-based approach are not, and have never been mutually exclusive. Indeed, football clubs, including Arsenal have learnt the hard way about the limitations of using analytics alone for scouting. All football clubs, including Arsenal now combine the use of contacts all over the world with analytics-based data. From what I have read about Sven, he has his contacts to go with his analytics. All you have to do is Google or go buy a book written about him and read it.

I hate BS like this because we football supporters are not stupid. The rumour I gave heard is Sven is going because he uses his own analytics, he has no faith in StatDNA and protects his analytics fiercely. He will not share or pass on trade secrets and this has not gone down well with the new team. But Sven worked very with Wenger, a search will confirm I posted how their working relationship was said to be so good, it was like being back to the Wenger and Dein relationship. To me this is not about a differences based on types of scouting approaches. It is about much more from the top.

I see this as another cut costing measure by Stan Kroenke, and the cheap alternative is the failed StatDNA with Raul's contacts. So we lose the Sven to Bayern, if the newspapers are to be believed, it of course gives an opportunity to Emery and Raul. They better not fail.

On Edu, I follow Brazilian football a lot and of course Edu has interested me. I also heard some rumour a while back about him having discussions about joining Arsenal in some capacity which was unknown. So Edu joining Arsenal rumours are not new.

But since the first Edu to Arsenal rumours, he has carved a niche for himself, he is very successful and has a plum role, with lots of responsibilities and importance working alongside his mentor. IMHO, the only way Edu joins Arsenal now, is to replace Raul Sanhelli and that is not a possibility.

The only possibility I see is maybe Edu works with Raul as some sort of Arsenal representative in Brazil. Maybe this fits in with Raul's plans of effectively setting up a scouting system that is similar to the system Wenger used for years until StatDNA became the sole scouting tool for a few years. Remember Stan Kroenke even charged the club a fee for its use.

There is a scout and contact in Spain, he played in our youth team and won the FA youth cup in 1988. His name is Francis Cagiago, man often credited with bringing Cesc, Lauren and Bellerin. Also, recommended a few we failed to sign like Pique. As far As I know, he still works for Arsenal, so why not use a highly respected guy like him.

After all is said and done. There has been one major change at Arsenal since Wenger left and I have noticed a pattern since Stan Kroenke takes over.

- Gazidis leaves (BTW! He was not my cup of tea. I did not rate him cos he rode on Wenger's coat tails to make a career in football in Europe)

- Ramsey has his contract offer withdrawn

- Emails are sent to all departments stating cost cutting measures

- Our highest paid player is being mysteriously frozen out

- Coach informs all, we have no money for permanent transfers

- Now we are insidiously informed of Mislintat imminent departure.

Something stinks at Arsenal football club.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:From the Oracle himself....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46886457

There is more to this than meets the eye.

The fact that he is reporting about this merely confirms rumours that have been doing the rounds for about a week now.

But Orstein should stick to making transfer announcements for the club, it is his ownership and I love it. His attempts to do the PR job for the club have been embarrassing. Just read this crap:

Although there has not been a major breakdown in relations with Mislintat, Arsenal's lack of money to spend in the January transfer window has also caused issues.
How can he claim there has not been a major breakdown, when it is clear Sven is being pushed out.
They are only able to bring in players on loan and those primarily responsible - Sanllehi, Mislintat and Emery - have not been collaborating as effectively as they did previously.
Even more BS from Ornstein. Sanllehi, Sven Mislintat and Emery have not collaborated on any transfers. All the players were secured before Emery was placed in post. The piece is full of too many holes, it is embarrassing.

I have talked about a figurehead, a leader, someone to bring all together pulling in the same direction for the sake of the club. Arev there are gaps created from recent recruitment and changes which has led to power grabs in a rush to fill the vacuum created by the departures of Wenger and Gazidis? Maybe, but I believe something has prompted a shift from the structure that was put in place by the old regime.

What's wrong at Arsenal? Look at PR as one example. Recent examples are worrying, the PR on how the Ramsey contract was managed, this PR disaster was made manifest when Ornstein reported last week that Arsenal did not offer a contract to Ramsey, instead there was an agreement. This, months after Ramsey's side made it clear the club withdrew a contract offer. Also, the way the club handled the departure of Gazidis and the restructuring that followed with a letter signed by Josh Kroenke who no one knows till tomorrow what his role Oscar Arsenal. I can go on and on.

But now we have this Sven story, which it must be pointed out was leaked in a clandestine manner by the club. Don't you just love how they have waited till midway into the January transfer window to release these internal problems in such an an insidious way that prompts debate about the selling of the chief scout. I mean, why even put selling him to Bayern Munich? I tell you why. They are trying to make out that they are busy dealing with this issue. So, getting some money for a chief scout is like we are doing some transfer business? :oops: :oops:

When things get to this stage in football, it can only mean one thing. We can conclude Sven is gone. It is rare in football that things like this do not mean the departure of at least one protagonist.

Now let's not be cynical and try to look more into the issue in a fair, cold, dispassionate manner. This system worked effectively as the system created to benefit the club as the way forward from Wenger. At least it did till Gazidis left. But it is looks like things have changed and the new system is being re-calibrated to suit a new directive. I will explain on the basis of my knowledge on analytics, scouting, internal workings of football clubs etc etc, plus rumours and facts.

We are told that, "Sanllehi's approach towards recruitment centres on his vast network of contacts, whereas Mislintat tends to favour a more analytics-based approach". This seems to be at the heart of the issues surrounding Sven and Raul. I say this is ridiculous, mendacious and BS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sorry, but only an ignorant person will take this BS. Indeed it is criminal spin. Having a network of contacts and a more analytics-based approach are not, and have never been mutually exclusive. Indeed, football clubs, including Arsenal have learnt the hard way about the limitations of using analytics alone for scouting. All football clubs, including Arsenal now combine the use of contacts all over the world with analytics-based data. From what I have read about Sven, he has his contacts to go with his analytics. All you have to do is Google or go buy a book written about him and read it.

I hate BS like this because we football supporters are not stupid. The rumour I gave heard is Sven is going because he uses his own analytics, he has no faith in StatDNA and protects his analytics fiercely. He will not share or pass on trade secrets and this has not gone down well with the new team. But Sven worked very with Wenger, a search will confirm I posted how their working relationship was said to be so good, it was like being back to the Wenger and Dein relationship. To me this is not about a differences based on types of scouting approaches. It is about much more from the top.

I see this as another cut costing measure by Stan Kroenke, and the cheap alternative is the failed StatDNA with Raul's contacts. So we lose the Sven to Bayern, if the newspapers are to be believed, it of course gives an opportunity to Emery and Raul. They better not fail.

On Edu, I follow Brazilian football a lot and of course Edu has interested me. I also heard some rumour a while back about him having discussions about joining Arsenal in some capacity which was unknown. So Edu joining Arsenal rumours are not new.

But since the first Edu to Arsenal rumours, he has carved a niche for himself, he is very successful and has a plum role, with lots of responsibilities and importance working alongside his mentor. IMHO, the only way Edu joins Arsenal now, is to replace Raul Sanhelli and that is not a possibility.

The only possibility I see is maybe Edu works with Raul as some sort of Arsenal representative in Brazil. Maybe this fits in with Raul's plans of effectively setting up a scouting system that is similar to the system Wenger used for years until StatDNA became the sole scouting tool for a few years. Remember Stan Kroenke even charged the club a fee for its use.

There is a scout and contact in Spain, he played in our youth team and won the FA youth cup in 1988. His name is Francis Cagiago, man often credited with bringing Cesc, Lauren and Bellerin. Also, recommended a few we failed to sign like Pique. As far As I know, he still works for Arsenal, so why not use a highly respected guy like him.

After all is said and done. There has been one major change at Arsenal since Wenger left and I have noticed a pattern since Stan Kroenke takes over.

- Gazidis leaves (BTW! He was not my cup of tea. I did not rate him cos he rode on Wenger's coat tails to make a career in football in Europe)

- Ramsey has his contract offer withdrawn

- Emails are sent to all departments stating cost cutting measures

- Our highest paid player is being mysteriously frozen out

- Coach informs all, we have no money for permanent transfers

- Now we are insidiously informed of Mislintat imminent departure.

Something stinks at Arsenal football club.

if not all things at the club. Still do not trust Emere i will give him time but i really doubt if he can handle the pressure that comes with big team.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

afc board acting like a league 2 outfit.....
kroneke out.....
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Gooner1 wrote:afc board acting like a league 2 outfit.....
kroneke out.....
But I thought it was Wenger's fault?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
He was part of the problem, sacrifice his good name for crooks and lie to the fans because of power and 10 million a year.
Do you think Wenger would have come out and say no money just loan deals?Trust me he would have lie he has not seen quality of the player he wants or go beat for a player he had no interest of signing, just to cover for this clowns.So now he is out of the way,the real crooks are been expose :thumbs: :thumbs: So soon the owner will be chase out
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Who gave $350k to an inconsistent and unproductive player, who is now occupying the spot of 4 depth players?
Was it Kroenke?
Don't get me wrong, Kroenke has his faults too. But Management is not immune to this mess.
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
He was part of the problem, sacrifice his good name for crooks and lie to the fans because of power and 10 million a year.
Do you think Wenger would have come out and say no money just loan deals?Trust me he would have lie he has not seen quality of the player he wants or go beat for a player he had no interest of signing, just to cover for this clowns.So now he is out of the way,the real crooks are been expose :thumbs: :thumbs: So soon the owner will be chase out
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
...kajifu.....why are u wasting your time.....blockhead 1 has attention deficit issues....blockhead 2 is consistently shaking his head like mumu......they still bitter and twisted since wenger was kicked out......
.....can't tell them to go and follow wenger, cause no serious club wants him
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

nahhhh my rumour mongers say different... Wenger wanted bumper contracts for the two of ( Ozil and Sanchez).. The Board said no and asked him to chose one ..

He said he could not chose and the board chose for him... the Board chose Ozil.. and the sad thing is of they had both stayed none would have gotten the 350K , likely 250 - 300 K range but it was going to really send the salary range crazy..

Now when the board come decide to do away with one the other naturally got more money !! guess who it was ? Ozil.. So go blame the board..

But Of course Na Wenger and Gazalizard cause am.

bepanda wrote:Who gave $350k to an inconsistent and unproductive player, who is now occupying the spot of 4 depth players?
Was it Kroenke?
Don't get me wrong, Kroenke has his faults too. But Management is not immune to this mess.
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

I'm not part of the rumor mill. So, I have no clue. And I don't watch Fox news either. So, you will need to put more effort to convince me.
All I know is, management made the decision to keep and pay a fortune to one player. Although Bepanda warned them not to do so.
According to ESPN FC, Arsenal is willing to pay part of Ozil wages for the team that can take him off their hands. They are sweetening the pot.
They might end up giving him away for free. Wow !!!
I still want him to move to Turkey, so he can hang with all his fellow countrymen and fans, his friend Erdogan, Heido Turkulu and his gf, who is miss Turkey.
He would be much happier and better understood there and more successful.
Bepanda
Siddonlook11 wrote:nahhhh my rumour mongers say different... Wenger wanted bumper contracts for the two of ( Ozil and Sanchez).. The Board said no and asked him to chose one ..
He said he could not chose and the board chose for him... the Board chose Ozil.. and the sad thing is of they had both stayed none would have gotten the 350K , likely 250 - 300 K range but it was going to really send the salary range crazy..
Now when the board come decide to do away with one the other naturally got more money !! guess who it was ? Ozil.. So go blame the board..
But Of course Na Wenger and Gazalizard cause am.
bepanda wrote:Who gave $350k to an inconsistent and unproductive player, who is now occupying the spot of 4 depth players?
Was it Kroenke?
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Bependa..You dont like my rumour ? Well the link Aniks provided does not mention Wenger - :rotf: :rotf: It lands the Ozil debacle on the same 3 people everyone is praising for signing Gundo and LT , which tells a lot... people make good and bad choices.

But I like my rumour better than the link :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:Ozil's back injury is putting his world cup appearance in jeopardy, where is martin keown to inform the world how he is faking it...lazy turkish bug-eye....cant run for anything, Emery will bin him to the trashcan soon.
Where Oga Plats one of Ozil biggest fans here.It will be nice to see him come and defend the bobo during this time
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Should we take what Juve is offering us for Ramsey now or wait end of the seasonr he goes for free?
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

tolahs wrote:Is Emery & Raul really pushing for Denis Suarez & James Rodriguez - can't see why we need those guys now - we need pace, power, ball winning ability, defensive solidity etc - hope Agents aren't paying peoples' relatives off('xcuse me) - can't help the thought.
Question is, is there a future for Ozil and Mikhi at Arsenal? If no, we need those players. Seeing Lacazette and Auba drop deep to act like playmakers is a depressing sight
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Please can somebody let us know if Platinum is ok ? Its very unlike them to be so quiet.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

kajifu wrote:Should we take what Juve is offering us for Ramsey now or wait end of the seasonr he goes for free?

Hmmm so we have power to weigh in on that decision ? Or are you asking our opinion ...

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:Ozil's back injury is putting his world cup appearance in jeopardy, where is martin keown to inform the world how he is faking it...lazy turkish bug-eye....cant run for anything, Emery will bin him to the trashcan soon.
Where Oga Plats one of Ozil biggest fans here.It will be nice to see him come and defend the bobo during this time

I am really worried about Plat's disappearance o. Unless he is Wenger that was coming here under disguise. His disappearance coincided with AW's exit, I think.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Wish LFC would ask to loan Ozil for remainder of season...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
To be fair to AW he understood fundamentals of PR i.e don't jump into the Lion's den, don't stoke the flames. AW also way ahead of his time, understood before many way back in mid 90's the societal shift in terms of youth entitlement, that the era of hairdryer treatment in football was going way of the Dinosaur and player+agent power was on the rise.

AW understood in world of 24/7 coverage that worst case scenario better he take the hits then the players. Emery started off well, never said anything of real note publicly, did not give media anything they could turn into drama. Of late though PR wise Emery has had a piss poor run, Emery has naively handed media a buffet of negative striores to run with and sour entire atmosphere in and around the club.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Nkume wrote:
kroneke out.....
To be fair to AW he understood fundamentals of PR i.e don't jump into the Lion's den, don't stoke the flames. AW also way ahead of his time, understood before many way back in mid 90's the societal shift in terms of youth entitlement, that the era of hairdryer treatment in football was going way of the Dinosaur and player+agent power was on the rise.

AW understood in world of 24/7 coverage that worst case scenario better he take the hits then the players. Emery started off well, never said anything of real note publicly, did not give media anything they could turn into drama. Of late though PR wise Emery has had a piss poor run, Emery has naively handed media a buffet of negative striores to run with and sour entire atmosphere in and around the club.
Emery's moves might be by design, not out of naiveté.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."