Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Post by Flex Swift »

I finished watching Derby knock out Southampton in the fA Cup and the standout player for Derby was Tomori. I am surprise no one had open a thread to discuss this potential Super Eagles. He represented England in the FIFA under 20 World Cup which they won he is a Chelsea player on loan to Derby. What is the reason for the lack of interest?
GG of G
Egg
Egg
Re: Cybereagles not talking about Tomori

Post by GG of G »

I agree. Dude was immense
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I have only seen him play once, vs. Leeds, and he was atrocious.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Actually, Tomori has been discussed several times on CE, most recently in respect of invitees for the dead rubber game against the Seychelles (see link below).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292210
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I think we should look to Tomori, Adarabioyo and the English boys instead of Tourinagha and all the German boys that keep doing us shakara
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:I have only seen him play once, vs. Leeds, and he was atrocious.
He's a solid prospect...
But scored a most bizarre own goal in the 2017 U20 WYC - from about the centre circle.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

danfo driver wrote:I have only seen him play once, vs. Leeds, and he was atrocious.
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12889 ... eeds-Derby

Una no dey fear God :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

wale1974 wrote:

Chai Ce wicked o...but maybe na the wrong leeds game you pull up !!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Btw I watched the game against Soton and he was massive, commentator sef talk about him trying to decide if he will play for Nigeria ..something about the young kids in England now with those choices are flenty flenty..

I take that to mean England no need all of them..
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Gotti wrote:Actually, Tomori has been discussed several times on CE, most recently in respect of invitees for the dead rubber game against the Seychelles (see link below).

He also scored an own goal ironically against Chelsea in the Carabao cup at the bridge this season before proceeding to put in a solid performance. His strengths are speed, technical skill on the ball and a very solid tackler. He loves to get tight and physical to mark his man. However, as can be expected of young players, he is prone to lapses of concentration here and there. That said he could also do with bulking up slightly. He’s got the frame for it.

Notwithstanding, he’s be a good player for the Super Eagles if he’s open to the switch.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wale1974 wrote:

I apologize that I didn't get to watch the game on whoscored.com. Perhaps, next time, I will turn off the tv and follow the game on whoscored.com.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:dream: :dream: :dream:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

One of ours, Omeruo put in a stellar performance against Real Madrid yesterday in the Copa del Rey. Leganes won 1-0 but were eliminated 3-1 on aggregate.
Omeruo was rested for the first leg.
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:Actually, Tomori has been discussed several times on CE, most recently in respect of invitees for the dead rubber game against the Seychelles (see link below).

Many thanks for directing to the thread highlighted. I was expecting more of a discussion specifically on Tomori.

From his performance yesterday I think he could add depth to our CB position.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

This boy should be called up or approached ASAP. He is quality and just 21 – he is on loan from Chelsea
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Flex Swift wrote:I finished watching Derby knock out Southampton in the fA Cup and the standout player for Derby was Tomori. I am surprise no one had open a thread to discuss this potential Super Eagles. He represented England in the FIFA under 20 World Cup which they won he is a Chelsea player on loan to Derby. What is the reason for the lack of interest?
Some of us objectively cover all the prospects available to the SE, and we've mentioned him several times.

I'll be as comfortable with a starting CD pair of Tomori & Awaziem, as I am with Ekong & Balogun.

Tomori needs to chill on the own goals though. I think he's had 2 or 3 since the U-20 WC. No Yobo do-overs. Nigerians won't forgive that ish. HE can ask Odiye.
Last edited by truetalk on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote::dream: :dream: :dream:
WETIN? You don start again!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Tomori is a star. We need to get him, Asap.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

okidoki wrote:Tomori is a star. We need to get him, Asap.
I find it interesting that all these players coming of age are within the same age bracket.
I can't remember a time in the past outside of the Kanu/JJ/Finidi era when we had so many performing young players as legitimate options.

When players like Onyekuru and Ademola Lookman (who had an excellent game for Everton yesterday) cannot be guaranteed a spot on the SE team even if he (Lookman) decides to make himself available.
When our 'Starboy' Iheanacho is under serious threat from the likes of Chukwueze.
When the absence of certified master Mikel Obi is no longer a source nightmares because we have upcoming youngsters as heirs to his throne...

My one concern (and it may be totally unfounded) is whether they will all peak at the same time but with no-one coming behind....
For now, I'm excited about this 'problem'.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I watched him last night, to be honest he is not better than what we currently have. He is ok, another prospect or talent we can add to what we have, but I am not sure he is better than the ones we have now. On the same night I was able to watch Omeruo play for Legane against Madrid and the different in class was obvious.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:One of ours, Omeruo put in a stellar performance against Real Madrid yesterday in the Copa del Rey. Leganes won 1-0 but were eliminated 3-1 on aggregate.
He didn’t play in England and it wasn’t Stoke City, they don’t care about non England players here only those with colo attachment.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Dammy wrote:One of ours, Omeruo put in a stellar performance against Real Madrid yesterday in the Copa del Rey. Leganes won 1-0 but were eliminated 3-1 on aggregate.
He didn’t play in England and it wasn’t Stoke City, they don’t care about non England players here only those with colo attachment.
Maybe because most of us don't get La Liga on our TVs - whether we are in the UK or Nigeria.
Not sure about the USA.

Its not as if we are reporting from the stadiums gan-gan....
Who even watches Stoke sef?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

oloye wrote:I watched him last night, to be honest he is not better than what we currently have. He is ok, another prospect or talent we can add to what we have, but I am not sure he is better than the ones we have now. On the same night I was able to watch Omeruo play for Legane against Madrid and the different in class was obvious.

Egbon Oloye. You know I will always bow to you when it’s anything football, because you’ve actually been there and done that. However aside from the class in opposition involved, Tomori was as impressive as Omerue was.(watched both games, one on replay).
Aside from that Tomori, has something modern footballers clearly need, that many of our CB’s struggle with including Omerue. The ability to pass the ball, from the back.
No one is saying give him a shirt asap, but the kid has outstanding pace, technical skills, pretty good in the air, and very strong. I would try to poach him, if I was NFF.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.