[TBL] ManCity (3-1) Arsenal. SIXTH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thunder
Egg
Egg
Re: [TBL] ManCity (3-1) Arsenal. SIXTH

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:Is Arsenal TV still alive these days sef?
Yes o, in-law. Try Chanel 600 on your smart tv. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Thunder wrote:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oloye wrote:What I cannot understand is any coach in his right mind playing Stephan against Raheem.... It is like throwing meat to a lion and expect the Lion to ignore the meat.

Pure madness - I know I sound like a broken record , but if only for the fact that Jenkison could run , he would have fared better than Stephan..Unai be hurt on this Stephan persistence.
Jenkinson was not even on the bench. We only had one true defender on the bench, and that was the Greek kid, Mavropanos.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

oloye wrote::thumbs: :thumbs:
Thunder wrote:
Oloye it is now called AFTV and the usual suspect are online to vent their anger.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Jenkinson is not and never will be the lie sold by Ekwensu. Zip zero confidence and short of the mentality to play for a top ten side. Jenkison will have faired no better. Lichsteiner was bludgeoned but got little support and was well out of his depth.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Bottom line is this team is short on talent needed to compete at this level. Iwobi shouldn't feel safe, if he doesn't improve he might be heading out of the Emirates sooner that he can imagine
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:I love iwobi, like every Nigerian player. But what about the 67mins he got today justifies Ozil being on the bench
What about the system and the role he has been asked to play? Iwobi is half the player or no players on the right side, then you ask him to play with Lichsteiner, who he has not played with all season in a role on the right he has hardly played all season.

Then, have a look at the left side where Iwobi plays all his best games having developed a partnership with either Kolasinac or Monreal. Why play Kolasinac there?

We could not play out from defence and were reduced to long balls. Here is the most typical passing sequence in the game by Arsenal. Leno to Lichtsteiner. Lichtsteiner to Koscielny. Koscielny to Leno. Leno to Guendouzi. Guendouzi to Monreal. Monreal to Leno. Leno to Mustafi. With nothing on in the face of City's press, Mustafi hoofs it back to City.

Did we improve when he subbed Iwobi? We did not. Arsenal's flaws were from the back and they were exploited by City.

I love Emery but his choices and tactics today leaves a lot to be desired. It is no wonder, he is coming in for stinging criticisms on social media.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mister Dolly wrote:Bottom line is this team is short on talent needed to compete at this level. Iwobi shouldn't feel safe, if he doesn't improve he might be heading out of the Emirates sooner that he can imagine

I would ship him out today .... I’m totally done with him . personally I wish we had lobbied hard for Victor Moses. At least we would have had a true dynamic winger .
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:
zee wrote:Arsenal = Zero creativity without...........The General.

Auba needed those passes to use his pace against this 'out of position' City defense.
Passing the ball around just won't cut it.

Emery is a vindictive Coach and it will cost him.

In what world is Iwobi, Ramsey, Denis Suarez etc...better than Ozil.

#MORON.

A twat who couldn’t do anything against the Mighty Cardiff but nah road game against acuity you wan play am ?

Thank God ya condition is not transferable
Cardiff is a gragra team, so you play gragra players..........against 'BRAINY' teams like ManC, Barca, Juve, Liverpool that's where smart and skillful players like the General decide the flow of the game.

The General is not your run of the mill gragra player.................Aniks, I know you love gragra players. :D

Psst, we beat Toto and Chelshyt without him ... are they gra gra teams :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

onwuatuegwu wrote:Since they replaced Iwobi, I am sure Arsenal has become a threat to ManCity...mgbo, Mister Dolly, txj & tobi? :???:
:rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:I love iwobi, like every Nigerian player. But what about the 67mins he got today justifies Ozil being on the bench
The issue is that Ozil is to Unai the same way Fellaini/Ramires are to me.

If Unai plays Ozil, his system and what he wants to achieve with that system will be negatively affected. Its same thing with me. If Iw as a coach, there is no amount of goals, heading, elbowing or even begging that will make me play Fellaini or Ramires in my midfield. Absolutely not. It completely changes the way I want my team to play.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

realtrouble wrote:
oloye wrote::thumbs: :thumbs:
Thunder wrote:
Oloye it is now called AFTV and the usual suspect are online to vent their anger.
Wa sere RT :thumbs:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

I understand not playing Özil(due to certain flaws in his game) but replacing him with players who are not better and whose output is worse is what is pissing me off. Arsenal is not better defensively without Özil and they aint better offensively either so why not give him a consistent run of games like he is doing to some inferior players. Give him a chance like he is doing to the likes of Mikhi.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [TBL] ManCity (1-1) Arsenal

Post by pajimoh »

Its a Goal wrote:City is not playing like they have no intention of retaining their title. I see the ARSE actually nicking this one.
If you need a "kiss of death", call IAG :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

Auba needed those passes to use his pace against this 'out of position' City defense.

#MORON.

A twat who couldn’t do anything against the Mighty Cardiff but nah road game against acuity you wan play am ?

Cardiff is a gragra team, so you play gragra players..........against 'BRAINY' teams like ManC, Barca, Juve, Liverpool that's where smart and skillful players like the General decide the flow of the game.

The General is not your run of the mill gragra player.................Aniks, I know you love gragra players. :D

Psst, we beat Toto and Chelshyt without him ... are they gra gra teams :taunt: :taunt:
I can see why you relish laughing at Spurs. Your team is not giving you much joy on the field. :D
Look up - 10 points and 12 goals better off and still no Kane of Alli :thumbs: :thumb: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

#MORON.

I can see why you relish laughing at Spurs. Your team is not giving you much joy on the field. :D
Look up - 10 points and 12 goals better off and still no Kane of Alli :thumbs: :thumb: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Psst you gonna win anything sport?

Keep relishing point totals ...

Elede :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bk-one wrote:I understand not playing Özil(due to certain flaws in his game) but replacing him with players who are not better and whose output is worse is what is pissing me off. Arsenal is not better defensively without Özil and they aint better offensively either so why not give him a consistent run of games like he is doing to some inferior players. Give him a chance like he is doing to the likes of Mikhi.

Are you saying Unai hasn’t given Ozil chances ????

Wait what???

:rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
What about the system and the role he has been asked to play? Iwobi is half the player or no players on the right side, then you ask him to play with Lichsteiner, who he has not played with all season in a role on the right he has hardly played all season.

Then, have a look at the left side where Iwobi plays all his best games having developed a partnership with either Kolasinac or Monreal. Why play Kolasinac there?

We could not play out from defence and were reduced to long balls. Here is the most typical passing sequence in the game by Arsenal. Leno to Lichtsteiner. Lichtsteiner to Koscielny. Koscielny to Leno. Leno to Guendouzi. Guendouzi to Monreal. Monreal to Leno. Leno to Mustafi. With nothing on in the face of City's press, Mustafi hoofs it back to City.

Did we improve when he subbed Iwobi? We did not. Arsenal's flaws were from the back and they were exploited by City.

I love Emery but his choices and tactics today leaves a lot to be desired. It is no wonder, he is coming in for stinging criticisms on social media.
What do you expect from a reactionary coach. I have never seen his team dominate for full 90 mins. I know he needs time he will not last.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Credit given where credit due, tactically, that was superb from Peperenpe. As much as the bastions of rule Britannia couldn’t fathom the inclusion of Fernandinho ahead of John Rock of Ages, the decision proved masterful. The workings of the system was brilliant, fullbacks moving inward, Fernandinho stepping up, De Bruyne and the somewhat quiet David Silva enjoying the half spaces, Sterling holding width, Bernardo inverting. Brilliant to see it evolve. Doubt City will be so brazen vs better opposition, but this was gorgeous to the naked eye.

Turning attentions to Emeribe, could he have faired better? The 4-4-2 seemed ill equipped to cope with the overloads early on and perhaps a reshuffle could’ve been called for the moment Pep’s Optimus Prime performed its first shape shift. Why was the 4-3-1-2 abandoned? It seemed Emeribe had finally found his shape, Saturday comes and he’s squeezing Beloved into yet another dress. As City’s intentions became all the more apparent, could there have been greater adaptation? The gulf in class is undeniable and that isn’t a produce of this era, rather a consequence of years prior, but...surely Beloved could’ve been more competitive. There was something ever so Everton about today. Worrying.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

On the topic of development, Raheem Sterling...Peperenpe may have lost some but he’s really won one, to misquote the great Lauryn Hill.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anikulapo wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Skylolo wrote:

#MORON.

Psst you gonna win anything sport?

Keep relishing point totals ...

Elede :taunt:
What is "St Totteringham Day?" I guess you cvnts didn't relish points :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Anisheitlenu