Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 pm 

marko wrote:
Ashley young favoured position is the left side, he is actually good down the left flank and he does cross the ball quite well from that position, he has scored a lot of goals from that position as well, the right side, not really having a lot of joy, guess since Luke Shaw left footed and playing quite decent football, it makes sense that he plays in that position

Youngy provided a few crosses for The Big Fella's head

Luke Shaw? i do not recall the last time he got an assist

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o

@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 pm 

i reject this tweet

woodward, say it ain't so....pleeeeeeease

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 pm 

Might as well ship Mark Red out since he is always injured anyway. MUFC are basically paying an 80K per week salary to an employee that never shows up to work. Perhaps more prudent to use that salary to pay an able bodied employee (perhaps bring Tuanzebe back from loan and save 12-25% on salary).

tfco wrote:
i reject this tweet

woodward, say it ain't so....pleeeeeeease

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:37 pm 

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:
Ashley young favoured position is the left side, he is actually good down the left flank and he does cross the ball quite well from that position, he has scored a lot of goals from that position as well, the right side, not really having a lot of joy, guess since Luke Shaw left footed and playing quite decent football, it makes sense that he plays in that position

Young has scored a couple of good goals and is quite a good freekick player, like i said, dont think the right is his favoured position

Marko

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:43 pm 

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

Young has scored a couple of good goals and is quite a good freekick player, like i said, dont think the right is his favoured position

true

i see him as Mr Dependable (O'Shea type flexibility)

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:03 am 

Worried about Lingard vs Jorginho, could be something straight outta Luther.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:42 pm 

come to think of it...

praising Luke Shaw shows just how far our standards have fallen.

Heinze then Evra then Daley Blind and now Luke Shaw

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 pm 

no no no no

we have a BIG squad.

we should bring on the academy players

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:15 pm 

tfco wrote:
no no no no

we have a BIG squad.

we should bring on the academy players

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:16 pm 

I saw the game and PSG deserved to win as we did not take our slim and few chances, at this level, mistakes will be punished, PSG are in the top tier of European football, we are slowly getting back there

For me this was a win-win situation, it is good to see how far OGS has come so far, we are not there yet, just watching us continue to play despite 2 nil down is good enough

It is also good for the board to see the difference between united and teams like PSG without the likes of Neymar and Cavani, they are a strong team and winners of French league several times

I will not even talk about the referee because it bears no relevance on the game

I continue to repeat, i have written off this season, just getting back to playing good football is good enough, we should concentrate on finishing top 4 if we can!

It is also good the board has not rushed to any decision on OGS as these are the types of games we need to see how he performs and also important what is needed going forward

If we won this tie, the board will feel they do not have to spend money to streghten the squad, we are slowly getting there but in comparision to the top tier, we need to look at the squad and make changes and add players

7 weeks ago, we were in complete disarray, today at least we can look up and say, at least we are not far off! The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus, perhaps Bayern, PSG are in the top tier

For united to get to that level, we need to let some players go and we need to re-invest, its that simple and i am happy at least PSG reminded us of this fact!

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 pm 

you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

p.s - we have a big squad.

signed - we have a big squad

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:29 pm 

tfco wrote:
you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

Yes we have a big squad, not neccessarily quality players, there is a difference, i have mentioned this times and times again! If the likes of Lukaku, sanchez, fred, dalot cannot perform what to do?

End of the season, we will find out the i tentions of the board, that simple

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:32 pm 

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

Yes we have a big squad, not neccessarily quality players, there is a difference, i have mentioned this times and times again! If the likes of Lukaku, sanchez, fred, dalot cannot perform what to do?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

all teams have the same squad size, Captain Obvious

p.s - Phil Jones has been renewed o

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:35 pm 

marko wrote:
I saw the game and PSG deserved to win as we did not take our slim and few chances, at this level, mistakes will be punished, PSG are in the top tier of European football, we are slowly getting back there

For me this was a win-win situation, it is good to see how far OGS has come so far, we are not there yet, just watching us continue to play despite 2 nil down is good enough

It is also good for the board to see the difference between united and teams like PSG without the likes of Neymar and Cavani, they are a strong team and winners of French league several times

I will not even talk about the referee because it bears no relevance on the game

I continue to repeat, i have written off this season, just getting back to playing good football is good enough, we should concentrate on finishing top 4 if we can!

It is also good the board has not rushed to any decision on OGS as these are the types of games we need to see how he performs and also important what is needed going forward

If we won this tie, the board will feel they do not have to spend money to streghten the squad, we are slowly getting there but in comparision to the top tier, we need to look at the squad and make changes and add players

7 weeks ago, we were in complete disarray, today at least we can look up and say, at least we are not far off! The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, City, Juventus, perhaps Bayern, PSG are in the top tier

For united to get to that level, we need to let some players go and we need to re-invest, its that simple and i am happy at least PSG reminded us of this fact!

Isn't that basically what Mourinho was saying in the summer, and people were like no United has a very good squad and Jose is the problem.
But like i said, sooner or later people will come face to face with the harsh reality.
More reality checks coming along in the next coming weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:39 pm 

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

Dude every team has a squad of 25 players! :lol: :lol:

If they cant perform, you do NOT renew them. What was the point of renewing Smalling and Jones? or even Shaw? Are they going to stop Mbappe? Neymar? Cavani? today? next week? Next year? or ever? These players are the level of Everton or even southampton and you expect them to win league or CL?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 pm 

Mourinho with money? Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Lukaku, at least one of them should be stepping up but have they? Answer? Throw more money away!

Mourinho can spend 200 million and play crap football! He is not the answer, OGS should be judged as well aganst the big teams, the feel good factor is gone, its business, yes he has performed credibly so far

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

If they cant perform, you do NOT renew them. What was the point of renewing Smalling and Jones? or even Shaw? Are they going to stop Mbappe? Neymar? Cavani? today? next week? Next year? or ever? These players are the level of Everton or even southampton and you expect them to win league or CL?

we won 15 games on the bounce, we will be fine

we.haf.a.beeg.squad

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm 

marko wrote:
Mourinho with money? Sanchez, Dalot, Fred, Lukaku, at least one of them should be stepping up but have they? Answer? Throw more money away!

Mourinho can spend 200 million and play crap football! He is not the answer, OGS should be judged as well aganst the big teams, the feel good factor is gone, its business, yes he has performed credibly so far

he also bought pogba who did not step up tonight

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:43 pm 

danfo driver wrote:
marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
you mention Juve

we beat Juve away.

That is what you should be asking the board, the only logical reason i would have thought was so they can get money from them at the end of the season, if their intentions are different from my thinking, then tonight they will be reminded that our first team is in the 2nd tier of the elite

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 pm 

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

Yes he had an off game tonight, the entire team did! You win some, you lose some, its that simple! Surely our run had to come to an end, am glad it was against European elite

Marko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:48 pm 

marko wrote:
tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

Yes he had an off game tonight, the entire team did! You win some, you lose some, its that simple! Surely our run had to come to an end, am glad it was against European elite

Pogba did not have an off game. I know Pogba very well.

The fact is that Tuchel squeezed Pogba out of the game, tactically. If you watch Pogba, you will notice that every time the other team takes possession away from United and keep the ball well, Pogba looks lost and is unable to perform.

PSG knew exactly what to do to make Pogba anonymous and they did it, easily!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:49 pm 

tfco wrote:
marko wrote:

That's the other problem, many of the star players regularly don't step up when it matters, and at least today there is no blaming Jose negative tactics at home.

At some point Ole will have to demand 100% from them all the time, that nice nice approach will go :thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:50 pm 

...ahhh the famous 'United way'

Fine Jersey FC

DNA no good o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183  Next