Atletico Madrid 2-0 Juventus

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Atletico Madrid 2-0 Juventus

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Atletico Madrid...Efficiency, intelligence, intangibles, schematics, culture. Well past underdog era, very much elite club on and off the pitch.
I've always been sold on Diego Simeone. He is the guy Mourinho wants to be. All he needs now is a Champs League win.
He's not a winner.

© danfo
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Simeone should have won the WC with Argentina in 1994, but FIFA had other plans, ejecting Maradona from the team for testing positive for a substance commonly found in cough medicine.

That Argentina team was baaaaaaaad.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Atletico Madrid...Efficiency, intelligence, intangibles, schematics, culture. Well past underdog era, very much elite club on and off the pitch.
I've always been sold on Diego Simeone. He is the guy Mourinho wants to be. All he needs now is a Champs League win.
He's not a winner.

© danfo
Finding out that Klopp is a loser really hurt you deeply. :lol:

Diego Simeone won two trophies within the last 9 months. When was the last time Klopp won a trophy? Even the table soccer tournament regularly held at Dejan Lovren's home.

UEFA Europa League: 2018
UEFA Super Cup: 2018
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:
He's not a winner.

© danfo

Diego Simeone won two trophies within the last 9 months. When was the last time Klopp won a trophy? Even the table soccer tournament regularly held at Dejan Lovren's home.

Please tell the DFB that only trophies won within the last 9 months count as victories. They'll be happy to listen to you. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:
He's not a winner.

© danfo

Please tell the DFB that only trophies won within the last 9 months count as victories. They'll be happy to listen to you. :lol:

when last did KLOPP win any trophy at all.... any! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Saw them live

We had them beaten except for Maradona’s drug infused and wayo free kicks!

Cmoke

Scipio Africanus wrote:Simeone should have won the WC with Argentina in 1994, but FIFA had other plans, ejecting Maradona from the team for testing positive for a substance commonly found in cough medicine.

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Simeone should have won the WC with Argentina in 1994, but FIFA had other plans, ejecting Maradona from the team for testing positive for a substance commonly found in cough medicine.

Wait o, so he did not snort cocaine??
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

He took ephedrine which is a supplement people take to keep weight off. Its not really a PED but it can give you more energy (sort of like caffeine).

Anyways, that Argentina team wasn't good enough to win the WC that year. Even with Maradona I don't think they could've beaten Brazil, Italy, or even their kryptonite (Germany).

Simeone is a great manager but he can be his worse enemy at times. He's the difference between Atletico winning the 2014 and/or 2016 CL final. Bad coaching decisions in both finals did Atletico in.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

The second leg will be the most brutal UCL match for this year. I see 1-3 red cards that day
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cmoke wrote:Saw them live

Cmoke

Na lie. If not for Rufai e for reach 5.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:

Wait o, so he did not snort cocaine??
No he did not. FIFA and Diego had a history from the 1990 WC Final, where he accused them of mafia behavior.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Heliopolis wrote:

He took ephedrine which is a supplement people take to keep weight off. Its not really a PED but it can give you more energy (sort of like caffeine).

Anyways, that Argentina team wasn't good enough to win the WC that year. Even with Maradona I don't think they could've beaten Brazil, Italy, or even their kryptonite (Germany).

Simeone is a great manager but he can be his worse enemy at times. He's the difference between Atletico winning the 2014 and/or 2016 CL final. Bad coaching decisions in both finals did Atletico in.

I strongly disagree. That Argentina team was scary, with a stacked midfield including Redondo and Maradona that probably created more chances than any other midfield up to that point. Then you had clinical strikers galore, Caniggia, Batistuta, Balbo etc. I believe they would have thumped Brazil even worse than they did 4 years earlier at WC 90, with many of the same players still present on both teams. With Maradona on the team they would have at least even odds of beating Italy and Germany.

Wha choo looking at?!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Heliopolis wrote:

You dont know that. That WC was very open. Alot of teams were good enough to make a deep run including Nigeria. I think Argentina could have made the final. Italy was struggling, Spain was still underarchivers, Bulgaria were dark horses and Brazil was not as good as the great Brazilian teams of the 70s and 80s.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Did not maradona said after the Nigeria game to Yekini that i will see you in the finals. Argentina would have won the world cup, Italy was lucky to get pass SE.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Atletico are really hard to watch at times... but bl**y hell they are "hard tae beat".
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

kajifu wrote:Did not maradona said after the Nigeria game to Yekini that i will see you in the finals. Argentina would have won the world cup, Italy was lucky to get pass SE.
Did he say it in Hausa or Yoruba?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Atletico are really hard to watch at times... but bl**y hell they are "hard tae beat".
Careful, you will upset the La Liga connoisseurs.
There is no team that plays like that in La Liga. :biggrin:

Anyway ,that Atletico is one nasty team, i always wondered how Simeone would do in an EPL club like United or Chelsea
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Atletico would hold their own in in the EPL (they would be a top 3 team at least). They have a lot of grizzled street fighters in that team who would not wince at having a tear up on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke, Burnley, or Leicester. Godin, Gimenez, Koke, Diego Costa...all those lads could handle themselves in a dark alley.
benteke wrote:
wiseone wrote:Atletico are really hard to watch at times... but bl**y hell they are "hard tae beat".
Careful, you will upset the La Liga connoisseurs.
There is no team that plays like that in La Liga. :biggrin:

Anyway ,that Atletico is one nasty team, i always wondered how Simeone would do in an EPL club like United or Chelsea
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Cmoke wrote:Saw them live

Cmoke

My friend was the referee lol, Argentina Nigeria 1994, swedish guy
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Maradona was out of shape in 94.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Maradona was out of shape in 94.
But was still better than 99.9% of all players in 94.
No player was danger and put fear to others like him.
Argentina would have won the world cup
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:

You dont know that. That WC was very open. Alot of teams were good enough to make a deep run including Nigeria. I think Argentina could have made the final. Italy was struggling, Spain was still underarchivers, Bulgaria were dark horses and Brazil was not as good as the great Brazilian teams of the 70s and 80s.

Okay grandpa tell us more about the old days.