NACHO LACKS CREATIVITY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Re: NACHO LACKS CREATIVITY

Post by oscar52 »

Komani wrote:I see people are still making excuses for Nacho. Listen, Nacho is nothing more than a poacher at the moment. I don't know why he is being associated with creativity. That guy can not play as a 10.
Kelechi is the most creative forward Nigeria has, only player close is Musa. His issue is he is kinda clumsy. I don't even think you can change that because his build and being left legged might have cemented that in. Other issue is I don't think the guy is a striker. he is more of a AM or winger to me.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:See a bunch of unfulfilled, middle aged men trolling a 22 year-old millionaire on the Internet. You guys need to get a life. For real :!:

Cheers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Nacho lacks confidence. That’s the biggest thing holding him back.
Have you seen the rubbish football Leicester is playing recently? It’s hard to have confidence when your playmaker is a cockney mechanic called Madison and the team plays route 1 football. The nacho that we know and love is not made for that style of football.
Actually they've been playing good footie lately, even before the coach got fired he had turned to his younger players and they were playing passing footie but the young guys kept fluffing chances. Kelechi entered this last game and Gray put a great through ball for him, same type that Vardy got and went through on goal to score and Kelechi's first touch let him down once again. You can't blame Madison for that...But IMO a confident Kele would have taken that ball in stride, but dude needs to get himself together...
The pass was about a yard behind him but of course, that doesn’t fit your narrative :!:

Cheers.
He got his foot to it, IMO a confident and fully ready Nacho would have gotten a better touch to it to knock it into his path as he did many times at City. Also after he miscontrolled it he had a second chance to put Madison in and passed it to the opponent. That was a big chance he messed up, twice.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TheHitman47
Egg
Egg

Post by TheHitman47 »

oscar52 wrote:
Komani wrote:I see people are still making excuses for Nacho. Listen, Nacho is nothing more than a poacher at the moment. I don't know why he is being associated with creativity. That guy can not play as a 10.
Kelechi is the most creative forward Nigeria has, only player close is Musa. His issue is he is kinda clumsy. I don't even think you can change that because his build and being left legged might have cemented that in. Other issue is I don't think the guy is a striker. he is more of a AM or winger to me.
I don't see why anyone would say Nacho is a winger. Every time I have seen him play on the wing for club and country he is awful in that position. He can't dribble, has a poor first touch (and he has had a poor first touch for a long time) And he isn't a good crosser or dynamic finisher.

As for attacking midfielder, he is ok but we have better players in the National team at that position and I don't think he would work in that position against good opposition.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Most of OUR fellow Nigerians have their heads buried in the sand. (Like Donald Trump Supporters)
Nacho succeeded under circumstances that we all would have (no need to explain) :winking:

Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

oscar52 wrote:
Poor first touch, can't dribble, poor close control, poor hold up play. Yeah he can slip a nice final pass once in a while but he's def not creative.
When I look at him - I see his finishing first and creativity last.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Komani wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Poor first touch, can't dribble, poor close control, poor hold up play. Yeah he can slip a nice final pass once in a while but he's def not creative.
When I look at him - I see his finishing first and creativity last.
Most creative player? Simon Moses, Kalu and even Ighalo has more creativity in their big toe than Nacho, and those lot are not even great.

The guy has lost it for now. He is slow, his first touch is poor, his finishing (once a great strength) has deserted him.

He is living on the strength of what he did in the under 17's. Based on today's form he should be nowhere near the National team.

The only thing I would say is that Leicester is about the worst team for him. It's a counter attacking, low possession gra gra team. He needs to move to Spain, Italy or France. He is still way better than Awoniyi who is carving out a decent career for himself in Belgium.
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

You can only go to where you are wanted and hindsight is 20/20. Its not easy for players to just wake up and go to spain, someone must want you. A coach must be willing to fit you into their system or build their system around you. Unfortunately, that is a rarely the case for many players ( Africans in particular). Nacho is till getting game time, which means there is some willingness to see their investment in him pan out - He has to do the rest . For now he isn't but it may be the best learning experience for him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote:
Creative? Nah.
Creativity isn't one of his strengths in my opinion.

Right now, I don't even know what he's good at.
But if we are to go by what he was and what he promised to become, Nacho was a reliable, technically sound striker with excellent spatial awareness. Always laid the perfect pass for his teammates and took whatever opportunity that came his way. He wasn't 'creative' in the true sense, becos that term is reserved for players that can create something out of nothing. That wasn't him.

Today, in March 2019, I'd even describe Kalu and the young Chukwueze as much further up the 'creative' scale than Nacho. Chukwueze is still on an upward learning curve, but if he isn't keeping Nacho permanently out of the team even now, the day is fast approaching.

I feel for Nacho and refuse to believe he has reached his plateau... but the signs are not looking good. :sad:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "