Super Eagles Keepers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Super Eagles Keepers

Post by imehjunior »

Seen the following
1. Rufai
2. Alloy
3.Wilfred
4.Dosu
5. Ike Shorumu
6. Peterside Idaho
7.Abiodun Baruwa
8. Vincent
9.Austin Ejide
I might have missed one or two from 1988 when I can access objectively. Doubt if any of them is as bad as Uzoho .
Last edited by imehjunior on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Super Eagles Keepers

Post by jette1 »

I take apkeyi and ezenwa anyday ahead of Uzoho
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

imehjunior wrote:Seen the following
1. Rufai
2. Alloy
3.Wilfred
4.Dosu
5. Ike Shorumu
6. Peterside Idaho
7.Abiodun Baruwa
8. Vincent
9.Austin Entire
I might have missed one or two from 1988 when I can access objectively. Doubt if any of them is as bad as Uzoho .
Who is that?
The worst I can see on the list is Abiodun Baruwa
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Sir V wrote:
1. Rufai
2. Alloy
3.Wilfred
4.Dosu
5. Ike Shorumu
6. Peterside Idaho
7.Abiodun Baruwa
8. Vincent
9.Austin Entire
Who is that?
The worst I can see on the list is Abiodun Baruwa
Ejide
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Smh Nigerians never wanna build. They want an already made product and are not willing to wait for players to grow. Uzoho is only 19 give him some more chances even de gea was flopping originally at United. Nw, his the best GK in the world. Uzoho has shown that his capable of growing and has put in decent performances in the past. To even suggest akpeyi or ezenwa as his replacement shows your unseriousess
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

john12 wrote:Smh Nigerians never wanna build. They want an already made product and are not willing to wait for players to grow. Uzoho is only 19 give him some more chances even de gea was flopping originally at United. Nw, his the best GK in the world. Uzoho has shown that his capable of growing and has put in decent performances in the past. To even suggest akpeyi or ezenwa as his replacement shows your unseriousess
Agreed. Uzoho needs time to grow and could use a better environment than the Cyprus league. His going to the u23, the African championship in November and the Olympics next year will provide invaluable exposure and lessons for him.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Rufai is useless.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

john12 wrote:Smh Nigerians never wanna build. They want an already made product and are not willing to wait for players to grow. Uzoho is only 19 give him some more chances even de gea was flopping originally at United. Nw, his the best GK in the world. Uzoho has shown that his capable of growing and has put in decent performances in the past. To even suggest akpeyi or ezenwa as his replacement shows your unseriousess
Forgive me maybe it's just me, can't see anything that gives me hope he will improve or get better.
Seen some young keeper and irrespective of the mistakes here and there you still see the potential. Ezenwa is not even starting for Enyimba , think the coach should take a closer look at the local league till the next best thing pops up.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Rufai is useless.
Now, or back then? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

1. Rufai
2. Alloy
3.Wilfred
4.Dosu
5. Ike Shorumu
6. Peterside Idaho
7.Abiodun Baruwa
8. Vincent
9.Austin Ejide
So you didn't see Carl Ikeme? :?

Personally right now I'll go with Ezenwa. When I read about Uzoho moving to Cyprus I knew he has hit the wall. No good up and coming goalie gets sent to Siberia, you get sent to a small club but in a competitive league. The move was an indictment on Uzoho and his potential/ability.

Anyways we don't need a great big name goalie, mask our deficiencies with great defenders and an effective defensive scheme.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

imehjunior wrote:Forgive me maybe it's just me, can't see anything that gives me hope he will improve or get better.
Seen some young keeper and irrespective of the mistakes here and there you still see the potential. Ezenwa is not even starting for Enyimba , think the coach should take a closer look at the local league till the next best thing pops up.
You mean “was”?
Since he’s not with Enyimba.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Obong wrote:Agreed. Uzoho needs time to grow and could use a better environment than the Cyprus league. His going to the u23, the African championship in November and the Olympics next year will provide invaluable exposure and lessons for him.
Uzoho is not going to be at the U23 AFCON in November...

Unless he’s clubless at that time, or so far down the depth chart at his club to be effectively marginal. The U23 AFCON is not FIFA-sanctioned and thus clubs are not compelled to release players. That’s why we really should be building and using a primarily homebased U23 squad in these qualifiers.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Uzoho, no be am at all..that useless goal Messi scored was all his fault..threw goals Libya scored hmmm..not to talk about Seychelles
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

People are forgetting that top African goalkeepers like Nkono, Kameni, Songo'o, Enyeama and Antoine-Bell have all made such blunders even in their prime.
Uzoho is just 20 and still growing. I hope he stays away from all these confident-shattering comments from folks who have never laced a booth in their lives. I wish the young lad more success to come.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Forgive me maybe it's just me, can't see anything that gives me hope he will improve or get better.
You mean “was”?
KPOM. People simply talk about players without knowing their status. Ezenwa is NOT an Enyimba player. He does start at Katsina United (not Enyimba).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Enugu II wrote:
Gotti wrote:
You mean “was”?
KPOM. People simply talk about players without knowing their status. Ezenwa is NOT an Enyimba player. He does start at Katsina United (not Enyimba).
Error all mine. Thought he was still with Enyimba , meaning he moved this season.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

theYemster wrote:
1. Rufai
2. Alloy
3.Wilfred
4.Dosu
5. Ike Shorumu
6. Peterside Idaho
7.Abiodun Baruwa
8. Vincent
9.Austin Ejide
So you didn't see Carl Ikeme? :?

Personally right now I'll go with Ezenwa. When I read about Uzoho moving to Cyprus I knew he has hit the wall. No good up and coming goalie gets sent to Siberia, you get sent to a small club but in a competitive league. The move was an indictment on Uzoho and his potential/ability.

Anyways we don't need a great big name goalie, mask our deficiencies with great defenders and an effective defensive scheme.

You are clueless. Enyeama spent most of his time in Nigeria and Israel before moving to France. Rufai played in Benin rep for a while. Carl Ikeme was in the lower leagues of England before being invited to the SE. You think a young African goalkeeper moves to a top club immediately?? And by the way Cyprus is in the West Asia not Siberia. Get a clue dude.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Ekorian wrote:People are forgetting that top African goalkeepers like Nkono, Kameni, Songo'o, Enyeama and Antoine-Bell have all made such blunders even in their prime.
Uzoho is just 20 and still growing. I hope he stays away from all these confident-shattering comments from folks who have never laced a booth in their lives. I wish the young lad more success to come.

Don't mind them. They are looking for a ready made World Class GK without any effort.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Ekorian wrote:People are forgetting that top African goalkeepers like Nkono, Kameni, Songo'o, Enyeama and Antoine-Bell have all made such blunders even in their prime.
At that age there was already something about them that gave you hope and made you salivate thinking how good they will be with age.
Around 98/99 was walking back the the hostels , Ibom stars or Mobil - can't remember which- where about starting training at the UniUyo football field. Most of the players where doing their stretches. Coach Henry Nwosu threw the balls into the pitch and one of the players took a surprise shot towards the goal post - I think he was just trying to send the ball to them- one of the goalies flew and he was so high and looked like he was parallel to the bar and plucked the ball out of the top corner. When he landed back on earth he had a smirk on his face and he looked so young and knew I will seeing seeing him again even as I walked away.
Months later he was with Enyimba and also a student of Uniuyo. We had a NUGA game against RUST and he joined us at Aba on our way to Port Harcourt. He had no prior training with the team and some felt he was making the team because his dad was coach and he played for a premier league team- the arrogance of the team was coming from the fact that the previous year we made it to the final of the state challenge cup before losing- during the match he saved two penalties during regular time and scored a free kick. Wasn't surprised when he later became Nigeria's number one.
All this story is just to say I have not had that wow moment with Uzoho , I only pray he is a late bloomer at this point.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Uzoho is a very bad keeper and has no business in the national team, there is no point in colouring his glaring deficiencies. Am actually mystified we believe he is the best we have, please he surely is not.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Uzoho is a very bad keeper and has no business in the national team, there is no point in colouring his glaring deficiencies. Am actually mystified we believe he is the best we have, please he surely is not.
Concur. He might be the single biggest reason Nigeria did not make it out the group state at the world cup.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

No one can be as bad as Baruwa. I have old basket that’s better.
And while he eventually became our best in history, Enyeama was pretty ropey in the early days. Even at the height of his powers, he was liable to the occasional flap.
Rufai is a great, be his holiday-interrupted performance in 98 still gives me nightmares.

Uzoho isn’t great; but he’s not as bad as Baruwa or Akpeyi
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

waka-man wrote:No one can be as bad as Baruwa. I have old basket that’s better.
And while he eventually became our best in history, Enyeama was pretty ropey in the early days. Even at the height of his powers, he was liable to the occasional flap.
Rufai is a great, be his holiday-interrupted performance in 98 still gives me nightmares.

Uzoho isn’t great; but he’s not as bad as Baruwa or Akpeyi

Akpeyi and Agbim are the 2 worst keepers ever.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."