GUINEA U-17 MAY BE DISQUALIFIED: NIG MAY PLAY CAMEROON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: GUINEA U-17 MAY BE DISQUALIFIED: NIG MAY PLAY CAMEROON

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:CAF shouldn't dis qualify Guinea. They were tested with the MRI.
Nah man the test is a stop gap solution, valid documents are prioritized, that’s why it’s only used on players from areas where you can’t trust documents. So if you have dodgy documents doesn’t matter what the MRI says, given it’s not fool proof, you should be banned. Why would you have multiple documents with conflicting identities if you are not trying to commit fraud?
Exactly.
Dodgy documents, regardless of everything else would and should be seen as fraud.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

So CAF never open mouth? Dem go wait until day of final to let the world know their decision?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

theYemster wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:CAF shouldn't dis qualify Guinea. They were tested with the MRI.

do you understand what you just wrote?
He posts a lot of head scratching stuff. :? :roll:
Please don't feed the troll. Knowing all the ill conceivable verbiage that have been flying out of his mouth for years, it is safe to conclude that his attention whoring is simply to fulfill his generational curses. Hence why he's constantly orbiting on a social media as a result of the gravitational influence of the devil with no beneficial and meaninful influence to anyone.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
theYemster wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bell wrote:I DON'T GET IT

Why are these countries, including Nigeria, so motivated to cheat in these tournaments?
Bell
Cheating is mostly a matter of perception, bolstered by an invalid age test. If Wayne Rooney were Nigerian, few would believe he was his real age at ManU :!:

Cheers.
People aren't questioning Rooney's not because they think he is more honest than us, but because there is adequate documentation to back it up. It's harder to falsify ages there than it is in developing countries.

Also, in most cases, over there the risks far outweigh the rewards. Here, it's the opposite.
I think his point is that our people tend to go by feelings based on physical attributes and then stick with the presumption, come what may.
I get that, I'm just saying if the Brits had a history of are cheating like we do, and have poor record keeping, the feeling years Rooney (and others like Greg Oden and LeBron James) would be the same.

The sentiment didn't come from nowhere.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I would have thought the procedure would be to bar those two players from the competition while an investigation is carried out.

I don't think CAF can just go by the word of the Japanese FA. They'll need to carry out an investigation themselves and the time to do it is too short before the final.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

It just goes to show that alot of players beat the MRI. I had an argument in another thread last year on this MRI thing. But they decided to turn logic on its head.

Some pro-age cheating forumers claimed that MRI eliminates those within U-17 age.

But I stand by my conviction which i am 100% sure of that MRI hardly eliminates those within the age range but actually, many outside the u17 age group go past it.

Again, out of our current U17, i doubt more than 2/3 are within the 17yr old age bracket.

But they are short and "look young". Maybe thats why we are fast grooming midgets in the SE.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

chief nfachairman wrote:It just goes to show that alot of players beat the MRI. I had an argument in another thread last year on this MRI thing. But they decided to turn logic on its head.

Some pro-age cheating forumers claimed that MRI eliminates those within U-17 age.

But I stand by my conviction which i am 100% sure of that MRI hardly eliminates those within the age range but actually, many outside the u17 age group go past it.

Again, out of our current U17, i doubt more than 2/3 are within the 17yr old age bracket.

But they are short and "look young". Maybe thats why we are fast grooming midgets in the SE.

Highly unlikely.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

chief nfachairman wrote:It just goes to show that alot of players beat the MRI. I had an argument in another thread last year on this MRI thing. But they decided to turn logic on its head.

I was one of those who responded to you... And you said some were as old as 25... And I repeat what i said...Whille i acknowledge that MRI is not perfect or full proof its still better than the honor system that was employed before.... Looking at the faces and bodies of our players I can confidently say the entire group is younger than any other group of U17 players we have ever presented in this competition.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I was one of those who responded to you... And you said some were as old as 25... And I repeat what i said...Whille i acknowledge that MRI is not perfect or full proof its still better than the honor system that was employed before.... Looking at the faces and bodies of our players I can confidently say the entire group is younger than any other group of U17 players we have ever presented in this competition.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

CAF reportedly must act within 24 hours...

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=31934

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the Nigeria Football Federation filed a complaint to the Confederation of African Football on Friday over two non-eligible players named in Guinea's starting lineup in their 10-9 victory on penalties against Nigeria in the U17 Africa Cup of Nations on April 24.

The Nigerian Federation informed CAF that Aboubacar Conté and Ahmed Tidiane Keïta wearing the number 11 and 15 jersey respectively played in the tournament with different passports (born in 2002) from those they used in another tournament in Japan two years ago (born in 2001).

The Japan Football Association have provided additional documents to CAF which back the claims of the Nigerian Federation that the Guineans fielded two players above the age limit.

The Nigerian Federation have asked CAF to disqualify Guinea while the Golden Eaglets play Cameroon in Sunday's showpiece and CAF's Disciplinary Committee must decide within 24 hours.

In the meantime, the Golden Eaglets continued their preparations for their final game in Tanzania, with another training session held today.

Sidos FC midfielder Akinkunmi Amoo has passed a fitness test and is available for selection, he was substituted against Guinea due to an ankle complaint.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

For the folks asking the 2 players to be suspended. They didn't pull the stunt on their own. The Guinea FA and the entire team should be held responsible and rightfully suspended. But knowing how CAF operates, I wouldn't bet my lunch on the outcome.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

JACKAL wrote:

Oga, do u mean we cannot be sure if the Nigerianese are really U-17?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Gotti wrote:
Kabalega wrote:I suspect that more teams are cheating, that is why I didn't take this tournament seriously.
What baffles me, is that very few of these cheaters or even legit U17 players make it to the top in the end.
So why cheat?

Senegal is not short of talented U17 players but neither was Nigeria when they cheated. In fact, most African nations can field 23 talented kids.
Sounds like you suspect something about the Uganda team. Please feel free to share...
Na! That was the youngest team :!:
The teams with players who failed the MRI test at the tournament and Angola though played the stats game. :taunt:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

What would you consider to be 'a lot'?
10%? 30%?, 50%, 80%?
And when you say 'beat' the MRI you are already assuming they are cheating. Meanwhile, your own 16-year-old son could 'fail' the MRI and you'd be shocked.
Would it be fair to call him a cheat because he 'failed' to 'beat' the MRI?

Your position is entrenched and you obviously fail to acknowledge the subtleties of the test.
A small number of false positives (those under 17 that 'fail) and false negatives (those over 17 that pass) will exist as in any other imprecise scientific test and it does not automatically mean they are 'cheats'.
Footballers are not aliens that suddenly throw up results that fall outside the range of normal human physiological variation.

Pure feelings. You really need to have some basic factual backup for insisting on this view.
But they are short and "look young".
If they are short and fail to grow after the age of 17, then how are they passing the MRI? The MRI in lay man's terms looks at the end plates of bones and if they are yet to fuse it means they are still growing. So if they are short as you say (and do not grow even an inch after) then their end plates would show as fused and they will NOT pass the MRI!
So your logic here is faulty. :idea:
But you believe what you want to believe based on feelings. :D

Maybe thats why we are fast grooming midgets in the SE.
The 'midgets' in the SE are Moses Simon, Onyekuru, Chuwueze and Kalu.
So you are implying they are old men, right?
I don't think you could make a less compelling case for age cheating! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The Golden Eaglets lost. The players involved in the scandal should be banned but Guinea should not be disqualified.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

ohenhen1 wrote:The Golden Eaglets lost. The players involved in the scandal should be banned but Guinea should not be disqualified.
That is not how the justice system works...Otherwise Everybody would cheat the same way...Use some overaged players, get caught, but still get to keep the rewards of their crime... ..

You have to reward the people who followed the rules, not the ones who cheated.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:The Golden Eaglets lost. The players involved in the scandal should be banned but Guinea should not be disqualified.
As usual, you fail to make sense...
So Guinea should benefit from cheating but the players they used to cheat should be scapegoated?!
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Orion wrote:I would have thought the procedure would be to bar those two players from the competition while an investigation is carried out.

I don't think CAF can just go by the word of the Japanese FA. They'll need to carry out an investigation themselves and the time to do it is too short before the final.
And what if they are ultimately found innocent of the charges?
Rather status be maintained while CAF investigate quickly and make a decision b4 the next game.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

JACKAL wrote:
That is not how the justice system works...Otherwise Everybody would cheat the same way...Use some overaged players, get caught, but still get to keep the rewards of their crime... ..

You have to reward the people who followed the rules, not the ones who cheated.

That is ohenhen1, the no1 adverser to all Naija Politricians...... :biggrin: :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

JACKAL wrote:

Obviously NFA CHAIRMAN's feelings have no factual or scientific basis...

While I cannot personally vouch for the biological age of these Eaglets (or anyone else, for that matter), it frankly would not surprise me if ALL of them turn out to be truly 17 years or less, given the sustained trends of past few years.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

DumbHen please be quiet :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

anikulapo wrote:

DumbHen please be quiet :roll:

Honestly, no one should be wishing that the Golden Eaglets be let into the finals through the disqualification of another team. The team lost, they should go home. Ban Guinea, and not just the players, if they indeed cheated. Until a full and proper investigation is done, the tournament should go on as is and if they (Guinea) win the cup, the runners up should be made champions.

Nigerians should move on.

:lol: sore losers
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I don't need MRI to tell me what my eyes have seen. They are young men and play as such. I see no 25 year olds on display.